Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328876 times)

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #3300 on: December 29, 2021, 06:56:43 PM »
Just got the new Oski spits because I can't afford his trucks :'(

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #3301 on: December 29, 2021, 07:35:34 PM »
Sick of hunting for WBSW decks in shapes I like. Have had to compromise on wood (skating Tired decks... not a PS Stix guy) or pay extra for overseas shipping when I could just cop the Chems tool and skate a Surf Sr. or 9in popsicle with a modified 14in wheelbase.

Polar shapes and graphics are the best, and since they don't offer a wide one with a 14in wb (that I know of), gotta put the drill to use.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

The.Skate.Father

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #3302 on: December 29, 2021, 08:39:52 PM »
Sick of hunting for WBSW decks in shapes I like. Have had to compromise on wood (skating Tired decks... not a PS Stix guy) or pay extra for overseas shipping when I could just cop the Chems tool and skate a Surf Sr. or 9in popsicle with a modified 14in wheelbase.

Polar shapes and graphics are the best, and since they don't offer a wide one with a 14in wb (that I know of), gotta put the drill to use.

Worth it!
Just call me Daddy.

superleftswipebby

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3303 on: December 30, 2021, 11:07:05 AM »
planning on getting a quasi deck. are they still flexy and soggy?

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #3304 on: December 30, 2021, 03:11:04 PM »

This sounds like a good time.

I want to do the same with the surf jr.

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #3305 on: December 30, 2021, 03:28:39 PM »
The one I’m on right now is PS Stix, and flexy…and soggy. Done with Quasi after this, I just don’t vibe with their decks. I’ve tried three of them.

Basingstoke

• Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3306 on: December 31, 2021, 03:48:46 AM »
Been meaning to give Slicks a try and saw a Madness 8.125 Minds Eye. The nose is listed as shorter than the tail, 6.5" vs 7.0", can anyone confirm this? Looks like it would be a weird shape.

I had this board, to the eye it seems no different than a board with the dimension around the other way. It retained it's pop, really well (I had the one with slick on the nose and tail) if you get one with the wheel wells, sand them down as they tend to be sharp.

V`

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3307 on: December 31, 2021, 05:08:13 AM »
My board was setup with indy 139's on a 8.25 at my local skate shop when I first started skating. I knew nothing about truck sizes and just asked the guy there to handle all of it.

Been thinking about getting indy 144s for a couple of months but Im not sure whether they will even feel that different compared to the 139s I already have.

Also been wanting to try spitfire formula 4 conical full bc my local shop didnt have them at the time I set up my board so I currently have orbs spectres.
Its so difficult to hold back from trying new gear

The.Skate.Father

• Rep: 42
« Reply #3308 on: December 31, 2021, 01:17:37 PM »
My board was setup with indy 139's on a 8.25 at my local skate shop when I first started skating. I knew nothing about truck sizes and just asked the guy there to handle all of it.

Been thinking about getting indy 144s for a couple of months but Im not sure whether they will even feel that different compared to the 139s I already have.

Also been wanting to try spitfire formula 4 conical full bc my local shop didnt have them at the time I set up my board so I currently have orbs spectres.

When I first tried out my F4s it was like someone just put on a smooth jazz cassette tape, straight up romance.
 I've got classics at the moment and want to try the 52mm tabs out they look kinda cool, nice shape.
 If skatings your thing, don't feel guilty for spending, it's self care!

Just call me Daddy.

Tical20000

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3309 on: December 31, 2021, 01:21:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The one I’m on right now is PS Stix, and flexy…and soggy. Done with Quasi after this, I just don’t vibe with their decks. I’ve tried three of them.
Unfortunate that this seems to be the common consensus lately. Had a 8.5 Quasi a couple years ago that felt soggy and assumed it was a one-off thing because I hadn't experienced it with any other decks I got from them. Anyone able to speak on how the BBS Dane Barker decks feel?

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3310 on: December 31, 2021, 03:46:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Unfortunate that this seems to be the common consensus lately. Had a 8.5 Quasi a couple years ago that felt soggy and assumed it was a one-off thing because I hadn't experienced it with any other decks I got from them. Anyone able to speak on how the BBS Dane Barker decks feel?

The two other Pals who have them said they were great, just like normal BBS boards should be.

That said, I have some PS Stix boards that are still super crispy and they are not at all new.  I wonder if it is more so just the newer stock that people don't like.

I can feel the ever so slight difference between the BBS DLX pro wood and the DLX pricepoint boards though, so I think I would feel it if the PS Stix boards were worse.  It is just a different ride though, always has been and always will be, with small but significant differences between every woodshop.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #3311 on: January 16, 2022, 01:19:31 PM »

Really I'm always contemplating WE every time they drop something but hot damn.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #3312 on: January 16, 2022, 02:24:21 PM »
oh shit, I didn't know they were back

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #3313 on: January 16, 2022, 02:43:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Can confirm my Please Go To Hell egg immediately felt soggy. And it had pressure cracks after putting the fucking trucks on.

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3314 on: January 16, 2022, 05:22:58 PM »
Shop near me has spitfire 101a conical fulls at 50mm, can anyone verify if they're actually conicals or if they're just labelled wrong?
I haven't seen them in any other shops, but then again they could have just gotten them in quicker.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

FUBAR

« Reply #3315 on: January 17, 2022, 04:37:40 AM »
I’m looking at that Heroin 8.5 with the eyes. It’s been out a while and kinda getting hard to find. Problem is, I don’t need a deck right now and I’m not starting a stack again.

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #3316 on: January 17, 2022, 05:44:49 AM »
I’m looking at that Heroin 8.5 with the eyes. It’s been out a while and kinda getting hard to find. Problem is, I don’t need a deck right now and I’m not starting a stack again.

I bought that exact deck last week, love the graphic in a world where I dislike the vast majority of graphics

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #3317 on: January 17, 2022, 12:56:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I bought that exact deck last week, love the graphic in a world where I dislike the vast majority of graphics
iirc those boards are restocked on their site with every drop so i wouldn’t worry if you can’t get your hands on one right now.  i can agree that it is a great graphic :) Their 8.5 shape is nice too!

FUBAR

« Reply #3318 on: January 17, 2022, 02:24:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
iirc those boards are restocked on their site with every drop so i wouldn’t worry if you can’t get your hands on one right now.  i can agree that it is a great graphic :) Their 8.5 shape is nice too!
Thanks dudes, I will wait then. Still one left @tactics!

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #3319 on: January 17, 2022, 06:58:50 PM »
Shop near me has spitfire 101a conical fulls at 50mm, can anyone verify if they're actually conicals or if they're just labelled wrong?
I haven't seen them in any other shops, but then again they could have just gotten them in quicker.

Spitfire have a lot of "Little Smokies" or "Lil Smokies" out which are a very plain graphic Formula Four wheel in small sizes but quite a few shapes, so if they are that sort of wheel, then yes they are around and have been around since the pandemic issues.

They look like this:

https://www.kahunasurfshop.com/spitfire-formula-4-lil-smokies.html

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1934
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3320 on: January 17, 2022, 08:19:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Spitfire have a lot of "Little Smokies" or "Lil Smokies" out which are a very plain graphic Formula Four wheel in small sizes but quite a few shapes, so if they are that sort of wheel, then yes they are around and have been around since the pandemic issues.

They look like this:

https://www.kahunasurfshop.com/spitfire-formula-4-lil-smokies.html

First time seeing Lil Smokies in Conical Full, thought they were only done in Classic or Tablet.

50mm Conical Full is a trip.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3321 on: January 18, 2022, 03:34:57 AM »

First time seeing Lil Smokies in Conical Full, thought they were only done in Classic or Tablet.

They are still such small wheels though, or at least when compared to the more normal widths of all the ones I get and use, even if most of mine are now 50mm they started out as 54+ and are 34mm wide, compared to these ones - maybe 50mm x 31mm wide.

I don't know if some shops get a lot more in pre books or just happen to see them in a distributor stock list, but some shops have so many of these, whereas most shops don't even have a chance to get them, or so it seems.

For a very cheap / pricepoint Formula Four wheel, they are pretty damn good, as long as the shop doesn't try to sell them at normal Formula Four prices.

It does happen a lot though.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3322 on: January 18, 2022, 04:09:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They are still such small wheels though, or at least when compared to the more normal widths of all the ones I get and use, even if most of mine are now 50mm they started out as 54+ and are 34mm wide, compared to these ones - maybe 50mm x 31mm wide.

I don't know if some shops get a lot more in pre books or just happen to see them in a distributor stock list, but some shops have so many of these, whereas most shops don't even have a chance to get them, or so it seems.

For a very cheap / pricepoint Formula Four wheel, they are pretty damn good, as long as the shop doesn't try to sell them at normal Formula Four prices.

I got the tablets but missed out on the classics and the conical full lil smokies 50mm 99a

I can find a couple sets online but like you said at normal f4 price

I'm in no rush to stock up when they are $79aud a set

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3323 on: January 18, 2022, 04:44:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I got the tablets but missed out on the classics and the conical full lil smokies 50mm 99a

I can find a couple sets online but like you said at normal f4 price

I'm in no rush to stock up when they are $79aud a set

I heard there was another significant DLX drop in AU, so hopefully there might be a few more and at the price they are supposed to be at.

Pretty sure I have seen a few sets around, but I just cannot think where now, but they were at the price they were supposed to be at, which is even less than the normal OG Spitfire formula RRP of $69.99 with F4 RRP being $79.99 so these were $59.99 I think.

Checking now...

$59 a set, some in stock

https://www.ocdskateshop.com.au/collections/wheels?sort=price-ascending&pf_v_brand=Spitfire

They have quite a few of them in 99 and 101 duros, various shapes with pictures and side views too.

I see more of the other cheaper ones in stock too.

In case anyone else is wondering, the "Flashpoint" wheels are the cheapest pricepoint wheel and although not a bad wheel, they are probably not something I would recommend if you have become used to Formula Four wheels.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3324 on: January 18, 2022, 05:39:02 AM »
Hey look at that @Mbrimson88

thanks mate I had a feeling you might come through

I bought a board from OCD two nights ago and swear they weren't there

I see they have the classics lil smokies in 99a that's a yes from me

If you happen to see lil smokies conical full 99a 50mm
somewhere can you give me a heads up pls? Thanks  :)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 05:52:56 AM by Nth syd bear »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3325 on: January 18, 2022, 02:15:51 PM »
Hey look at that @Mbrimson88

thanks mate I had a feeling you might come through

I bought a board from OCD two nights ago and swear they weren't there

I see they have the classics lil smokies in 99a that's a yes from me

If you happen to see lil smokies conical full 99a 50mm
somewhere can you give me a heads up pls? Thanks  :)

I was thinking "I am sure there were Conical Full on there" but they are 101s.

A couple of other places have some listed without the FULL word, so I don't know if there is a Conical shape as well, maybe there is, but they also come in 99 and 101s.

ssNB462

• Rep: -2
« Reply #3326 on: January 24, 2022, 05:20:41 PM »
I'm itching to try these new experimental Lurpiv trucks.. Superior Nordic technology?
Or Ace Trucks because I still have not tried those. Been rocking the same Thunders for 2 years lol.
Boardfeel is a myth
Come back Adio, we miss you

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #3327 on: January 25, 2022, 11:42:03 AM »

I would totally recommend the 144s for a 8.25 deck. If you have the money, get them. It is way more stable as 139s on 8.25 decks. Your board won't tip over as fast with 144s.

But I also have the madness and recognize if my board is 5mm shorter or wider.
IG: @flowterspace

danmasontree

• Rep: 10
« Reply #3328 on: February 10, 2022, 02:04:32 PM »
My last 4-5 decks have been Blood Wizard 8.38, been thinking about sizing up to 8.5 deck and trucks, I was thinking Quasi/Alien/Welcome/WKND. I like flatter boards, worried this might be a mistake. I'm just kinda bored though and want to try something new

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #3329 on: February 10, 2022, 02:32:38 PM »
My last 4-5 decks have been Blood Wizard 8.38, been thinking about sizing up to 8.5 deck and trucks, I was thinking Quasi/Alien/Welcome/WKND. I like flatter boards, worried this might be a mistake. I'm just kinda bored though and want to try something new

I have had a few Blood Wizard 8.375 x 31.75 x 14.25wb boards lately. Good boards!
How much for an order of ribs?