Author Topic: Gear your contemplating buying?  (Read 328851 times)

pile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Gear your contemplating buying?
« Reply #3660 on: November 04, 2023, 11:06:38 AM »
toy finally coming through with some good re-issues.

I'll have to get multiple of these (I would like to skate one and keep one).

and one of these to keep as well.

Bill Salt

« Reply #3661 on: November 05, 2023, 05:13:53 AM »
I'd like to try Jaccuzi boards but did not find any sort of review.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #3662 on: November 05, 2023, 02:19:13 PM »
super tempted to try that kenny anderson chocolate shape. Been skating a lot of 8.25 pops recently so i’m a little reluctant to jump back to 8.5. :/ anyone have any good feedback on in that shape skates like a smaller board?

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #3663 on: November 05, 2023, 04:32:11 PM »
I really want that 8.75 Senn reissue TM did. They are still out there.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #3664 on: November 05, 2023, 04:33:10 PM »
gear i am contemplating: all of it.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3665 on: November 05, 2023, 09:27:38 PM »
gear i am contemplating: all of it.
Can totally relate but to be more specific: AF-1 55, some swiss to have in ice and Knox pants.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #3666 on: November 06, 2023, 10:35:17 AM »
super tempted to try that kenny anderson chocolate shape. Been skating a lot of 8.25 pops recently so i’m a little reluctant to jump back to 8.5. :/ anyone have any good feedback on in that shape skates like a smaller board?

If it's the main KA shape in 8.5 and not one of the other popsicle shapes in 8.5, then it tapers to some degree. I haven't skated it but I skipped it because I saw someone on here mention it felt like an 8.25 in certain sections of the deck. I think at the back truck area.
Super Champion Fun Zone

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
« Reply #3667 on: November 06, 2023, 11:17:18 AM »
I moved into my van a few days ago, and was relatively well-equipped for the transition. One thing I knew I needed was a good cutting board. I looked at a bunch and finally decided that the thin, flexible plastic kind would be the most efficient: It's easy to store, you can use it to set a hot pan on, and i like how you can bend and funnel chopped stuffed when transferring it to the pot.
Would love some feedback on this, what board ya'll cutting on?

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #3668 on: November 07, 2023, 02:50:06 AM »
I moved into my van a few days ago, and was relatively well-equipped for the transition. One thing I knew I needed was a good cutting board. I looked at a bunch and finally decided that the thin, flexible plastic kind would be the most efficient: It's easy to store, you can use it to set a hot pan on, and i like how you can bend and funnel chopped stuffed when transferring it to the pot.
My main cutting board is made from old decks. The one you are using sounds perfect for the van life.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #3669 on: November 07, 2023, 01:26:52 PM »

i did what you did and grabbed a 4 pack of the flexi plastic ones a while back, and the -only- thing i'm not a huge fan of is fluid run-off but that can be mitigated

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #3670 on: November 24, 2023, 01:54:28 PM »
ace classic 55s (because some a-hole posted their hot looking setup and now i want to bite their style).

half-cabs
some more nb 808s for those days when i feel like a sack of painful dust
indy 159s, not gonna but i wish i still had some. stage 10s would be even better.
maybe some radials? skated dragons for the first time today and couldn’t really speed check, tbf the roads were really rough.
polar 9

might be able to dodge all of these. except for the 55s

jsettle

• Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3671 on: November 25, 2023, 07:34:55 AM »
Bones x formula 99a wheels....been thinking about these for some time but cant pull the trigger knowing that spitfire f4 99 never have done me wrong. I used to ride bones wheels 10 years ago but always rode the stf formula and they were always good. Past 10 yrs ive been on formula fours and haven't rode anything else. Anyone got experiences with the new x formula bones? All i really skate is smooth concrete skateparks and curbs as far as street goes

Dirty Douggie

• Rep: 11
« Reply #3672 on: November 25, 2023, 07:43:43 AM »
An 8.0 board with a mellow nose and tail, not too much concave. Something easy to manage.

I'm sick of struggling skating flat with large boards (8.25/8,5 with steep nose and tails). I recently set up an old 8.0 Habitat Twin Peaks series and had the time of my life skating flat.

I just assumed i would size down to a smaller board given that i only skate ledges and flat. Every time i watch Brayan Albarenga skating, i'm like "man, that board does look easy to flip..." I guess he's got Primitive boards...

Anyone got a good suggestion for an 8.0 board with flat tail and nose ? Mellow concave. (I'm in France).

« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 07:51:18 AM by Dirty Douggie »

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #3673 on: November 25, 2023, 07:52:45 AM »
An 8.0 board with a mellow nose and tail, not too much concave. Something easy to manage.

I'm sick of struggling skating flat with large boards (8.25/8,5 with steep nose and tails). I recently set up an old 8.0 Habitat Twin Peaks series and had the time of my life skating flat.

I just assumed i would size down to a smaller board given that i only skate ledges and flat.

Anyone got a good suggestion for an 8.0 board with flat tail and nose ? Mellow concave. (I'm in France).

Every time i watch Bryan Albarenga skating, i'm like "man, that board does look easy to flip..." I guess he's got Primitive boards...

Yeah, Primitive. This is what they make, it's what I like a lot. I skate their 8-8.125" decks almost exclusively. Super mellow concave, pointy tail and nose, mellow tail and a good, poppy (for me) nose. Basically it would be a standard "wide" deck you might have picked off of the skateshop wall in 2003, and for whatever reason, this works ideally for me.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #3674 on: November 25, 2023, 08:06:40 AM »

I just assumed i would size down to a smaller board given that i only skate ledges and flat. Every time i watch Brayan Albarenga skating, i'm like "man, that board does look easy to flip..." I guess he's got Primitive boards...

Mini logo blanks.

Dirty Douggie

• Rep: 11
« Reply #3675 on: November 25, 2023, 08:28:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Mini logo blanks.

Damn, that's a harsh answer ! But it's true they make those kind of boards.
Primitive is more enticing i gues...

For some  reason, i have the preconception that Sour make boards like that too. Anyone can confirm ?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #3676 on: November 25, 2023, 11:09:14 AM »
Expand Quote

I just assumed i would size down to a smaller board given that i only skate ledges and flat.

Every time i watch Bryan Albarenga skating, i'm like "man, that board does look easy to flip..." I guess he's got Primitive boards...
[close]

Yeah, Primitive. This is what they make, it's what I like a lot. I skate their 8-8.125" decks almost exclusively. Super mellow concave, pointy tail and nose, mellow tail and a good, poppy (for me) nose. Basically it would be a standard "wide" deck you might have picked off of the skateshop wall in 2003, and for whatever reason, this works ideally for me.
Since when does Primitive make decks with pointy noses? All of their standard shapes have a slightly rounder nose from what I've seen  ???
Super Champion Fun Zone

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #3677 on: November 28, 2023, 03:16:56 PM »

I want to try one of these.   It has some shape to it, similar to the chocolate skiduls.  There was a page on the Habitat site describing it, but it is gone now.  I can only find them with a cork top, and not the regular deck, or the Popsicle. 
Anyone seen or ridden one?
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3678 on: November 29, 2023, 06:42:34 AM »
I thought I weathered the storm with just a set of radials and a dee sheets of grip but some shoe deals are just staring me in the face. KSL G6, Ishod, 440 low and hi all over the place, lots of adidas. Ahhh.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #3679 on: November 29, 2023, 07:14:30 AM »
Trying my best to not fall for that Birdhouse 8.5 egg for €40
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3680 on: November 29, 2023, 08:45:15 AM »
I thought I weathered the storm with just a set of radials and a dee sheets of grip but some shoe deals are just staring me in the face. KSL G6, Ishod, 440 low and hi all over the place, lots of adidas. Ahhh.

Hold strong, brother. I was very tempted by Nike GT Blazers for like $45, but I cannot give into temptation when I still have five or six un-skated pairs of shoes in the basement.

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #3681 on: November 29, 2023, 06:21:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hold strong, brother. I was very tempted by Nike GT Blazers for like $45, but I cannot give into temptation when I still have five or six un-skated pairs of shoes in the basement.

i feel you on the sub $50 Blazers, they got me a couple more times then you.

stay strong brothers & sisters.

smg1138

• Rep: 40
« Reply #3682 on: December 14, 2023, 01:51:26 PM »
Anybody tried the most recent Primitive decks? The 8.125 shape looks perfect for me but I have no experience with them. Are they still pressed by BBS?

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3683 on: December 14, 2023, 02:10:04 PM »
Anybody tried the most recent Primitive decks? The 8.125 shape looks perfect for me but I have no experience with them. Are they still pressed by BBS?

I love the 8.125" Primitive shape. Every one of the five or six I've skated has been made in China and all have been excellent quality.

smg1138

« Reply #3684 on: December 14, 2023, 03:25:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I love the 8.125" Primitive shape. Every one of the five or six I've skated has been made in China and all have been excellent quality.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I wonder if they're made in the same woodshop as Girl?

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3685 on: December 14, 2023, 04:43:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I wonder if they're made in the same woodshop as Girl?

They're really stiff, solid wood. I don't know who Girl uses, but they remind me of the Enjoi R7. I just noticed you can buy one for $30 with grip at the Skate Warehouse sale.

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Primitive_Gillet_Oil_Drop_Deck/descpage-PRGO81DK.html

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #3686 on: December 14, 2023, 10:22:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

They're really stiff, solid wood. I don't know who Girl uses, but they remind me of the Enjoi R7. I just noticed you can buy one for $30 with grip at the Skate Warehouse sale.

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Primitive_Gillet_Oil_Drop_Deck/descpage-PRGO81DK.html

They are pretty cagey with regard to which place or almost any info on woodshops in China is hard to come by, but it is safe to say Excel is the main one now making big steps and improvements to their boards, so I would be guessing that they made Primitive boards, as well as some other boards coming out for other companies.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #3687 on: December 14, 2023, 11:23:22 PM »
I want to get 2 8" from the local in here. A Thaynan Enjoi with a Bird and a local brand that has a tram on it. Too bad they open 11-5pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays only because of that being their "winter schedule".
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

mstuntbless

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3688 on: December 18, 2023, 09:55:16 AM »
I ride 8.5 with Indy FH mids. Been seeing ventures everywhere lately and it makes me want a pair of 5.8s. I have no good reason to switch trucks other than I know ventures would be more stable. Trying to fight the urge!

smg1138

« Reply #3689 on: December 18, 2023, 05:21:25 PM »
For anyone wondering, it appears the April and Primitive 8.125 shapes are the same. They both actually measure 8.18" across and have a "Made in Mexico" sticker. It's a really nice shape, but I can't decide whether to skate them with Indy 139's or 144's lol