Author Topic: Symmetrical Board Shapes?  (Read 4111 times)

resuwrektion

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -11
Symmetrical Board Shapes?
« on: November 23, 2016, 12:51:59 AM »
I recently started skating again and I've always skated my boards backwards, does anyone know of a board company that makes a symmetrical (or close to) nose and tail. Currently skating an FA board and I'm not a fan of how small the tail is.
Following narcissists on instagram in order to decry their narcissism seems like one of those philosophical quandaries you shouldn't do.

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
Re: Symmetrical Board Shapes?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 01:17:56 AM »
real has the ishod twin tail or something like that, and krooked did one for bobby worrest cause he got an ishod board and liked it.

if selfish is still out there somewhere j cassanova had i think all or some of the boards symmetrical
yes

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 03:20:23 AM »
real has the ishod twin tail or something like that, and krooked did one for bobby worrest cause he got an ishod board and liked it.

if selfish is still out there somewhere j cassanova had i think all or some of the boards symmetrical

i had the ishod twin tail twice and did not really like it. I was expecting a medium between nose/tail but this thing was an actual twin tail - too short either way and fucked up my switch pop timing and my noseslides. I sold the second board of these to a kid who had just started skating and when i saw him some weeks later he said he loved how the board was going to last him twice as long because he got twice the tail for the price of one.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 06:28:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i had the ishod twin tail twice and did not really like it. I was expecting a medium between nose/tail but this thing was an actual twin tail - too short either way and fucked up my switch pop timing and my noseslides. I sold the second board of these to a kid who had just started skating and when i saw him some weeks later he said he loved how the board was going to last him twice as long because he got twice the tail for the price of one.
I wish my brain still thought of things in such positive ways like that kid. Oh how the world jades us. I bought the Ishod twin tail and think the shape looks fucking beautiful and I like it from standing on it. I haven't set it up yet though. It's been dumping rain pretty much nonstop and I re fucked my back.

ZEBRA

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 07:43:01 AM »
Yeah, the Ishod twin tail shape is awesome. I really liked mine. I have another one that I saved to skate.

Krooked does have a symmetrical board but it's the same dimensions as Ishod's twin tail.

Creature makes symmetrical boards. They call them "EvilLive". Multiple sizes in those opposed to the Ishod twin tail that only comes in a 8.3X31.9

Jordick

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 08:20:49 AM »
street plant and program have some symmetrical ones, but I think they're those mike v rectangle boards.

NJFly318

• Rep: 3
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 03:03:45 AM »
I recently started skating again and I've always skated my boards backwards, does anyone know of a board company that makes a symmetrical (or close to) nose and tail. Currently skating an FA board and I'm not a fan of how small the tail is.

Same thing that attracted me to the Ishod Twin Tail. I've ridden two of them, liked them, but now find them narrow in the "nose". Also the nose/tail is a little short for nose slides as already noted.
I just picked up a Real 8.38 Full, I'll see if I like it better if not I'm going back to the Ishod Twin Tail.

ZEBRA

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 02:23:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same thing that attracted me to the Ishod Twin Tail. I've ridden two of them, liked them, but now find them narrow in the "nose". Also the nose/tail is a little short for nose slides as already noted.
I just picked up a Real 8.38 Full, I'll see if I like it better if not I'm going back to the Ishod Twin Tail.

Sounds like you may want a twin nose. I would be interested in one myself.

NJFly318

• Rep: 3
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 04:22:21 AM »

You know Zebra you may be right.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 05:42:09 AM »
^ my thoughts as well but i think the longer tail would cause more boards to break. I skated a new deal (or element??) in the early 2000's  and that was twin something but not sure what because i definitely did not have the short nose issues i had with the Ishod board. I can't recall anything weird about the board (being weak or whatnot) apart from the fact that it was a twin shape and me being amazed about it. it was the nollie flip/heel noseslide era and the board used to lock solid into slides.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 06:14:15 AM »
The Creature EVILLIVE series is also more a of a twin tail as they kicks are pretty short with long wheelbases.

The old Mystery Symmetry decks were perfect, not fully a nose but bigger than the average tail.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 12:05:15 PM »

You know Zebra you may be right.
can antihero give frank gerwer some twin nose boards in a few diff sizes 8.06, 8.25, 8.5?

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 10:09:37 AM »
if simetrical, we need something right between a nose and a tail, no double tail or double nose, just sayin'