Author Topic: Mark Appleyard of Element  (Read 17639 times)

Jordick

Re: Mark Appleyard of Element
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2016, 04:12:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Appleyard won a SOTY, its like BA, Rowley, Reynolds or Koston, still productive or not doesn't matter. BA still unproductive since Yeah Right, Koston too. Its about legend style status, this is respect to old blood. Appleyard has more classics than whole Element team.
[close]

You ever watch Nothing But The Truth, Chronicles, Fully Flared, Pretty Sweet?
[close]

Yep, I was wrong about Koston, but BA, really? His part on NBTT was weak, Stylish but weak. His whole material since Yeah Right seems like a reject clips. Boneless lipslide is awful as fuck.

Checkmate.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -111
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2016, 04:24:09 PM »
No respect to real legends. I hope Timtim still get that money.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2016, 04:30:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Appleyard kinda fucked up by accepting sponsorship of the most bland brands of all time. All of them. One or two is okay, but everything he rides for is kinda not respected by core skaters. He has legend status, but your sponsors say a lot still. Can you imagine if BA was on Globe, Element, Grizzly Grip? It would just be weird. Of course we'd all love him still, like we love Appleyard's skating, but maybe you get the picture. Globe is such a bad brand. I work at a skate shop and I have never sold Grizzly Grip, or anything Grizzly, to a person over 12 once.

I think he maybe thought he was invincible and lost that thing that was "Mark Appleyard". BA still has a brand, Konston still has a brand, all the legends still have brands. Appleyard doesn't really anymore, though he once did. I hope the best for him though. His part in Sorry changed the way I looked at skating.

BA no longer has his own brand.  And Konston may have a brand per se, but no product has been seen in the wild and no official team announcements, so it pretty much doesn't exist. 

[close]

I think you misunderstood. What i meant was "personal brand." Like a way that you dress and skate. Not a company.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2016, 05:38:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When did people on Slap start liking Chad Timtim, of all people, so much? He's just kinda squeezed by for all these years, I dunno how he got onto New Balance. Is there some defining video part that I missed?

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2016, 06:00:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

When did people on Slap start liking Chad Timtim, of all people, so much? He's just kinda squeezed by for all these years, I dunno how he got onto New Balance. Is there some defining video part that I missed?

someone come get your mans

For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2016, 06:07:45 PM »
casey jones sells grizzly on purpose

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2016, 06:13:01 PM »
I could see him on whatever Rowley is doing. They buried the hatchet a long time ago, as shown by Apples having a clip it Rowley's battle commander, and I'm pretty sure in interviews (think it was a Free Lunch) Apples made it clear his issue was with management at Flip (reading between the lines he seemed to of meant Jeremy Fox).

As for Apples, he's been slacking for awhile, but he's a legend and one of my favorite skaters of all time.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 993
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2016, 06:20:10 PM »

casey jones dresses better than he skates, confirmed.
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

lilpeen

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2016, 06:21:20 PM »
Well no matter what happens, he will always have legend status, and will always be remembered by his shorts.

TEMP-GNAR

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2016, 06:43:30 PM »
Well no matter what happens, he will always have legend status, and will always be remembered by his shorts.
This isn't the Enrique Lorenzo thread

lilpeen

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2016, 06:52:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This isn't the Enrique Lorenzo thread
So many repressed memorys you just brought up with that name, I feel like Im tripping.

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 130
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2016, 07:28:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

someone come get your mans

been a fan since i first saw that switch b/s 180 nosegrind 180 out in the new deal vid. i've been scared for 10+ years of someone bursting my bubble by telling me it's a non-switch guest trick i was too stupid to recognize....
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2016, 07:56:47 PM »
It's also sort of strange that Plan B hasn't made a board with PJ's name on it in the past 6-12 months. He's been listed on their team page but they've produced no product with his name on it.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2016, 08:45:02 PM »

I do actually. I won't stop until every last human has a little bear on top of their board.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2016, 08:46:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

casey jones dresses better than he skates, confirmed.

I'll take it as a compliment. Thanks my dude.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1596
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2016, 09:42:14 PM »
Given his personality....and his sponsors....I've been happy with what he's produced.....he didn't mail it in with soul rebel......

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2016, 09:46:27 PM »
he mailed it in years ago. started skating 149ers and mini ramps (yawn)

Ghost Face

• Rep: 121
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2016, 09:56:58 PM »
I could see him on whatever Rowley is doing. They buried the hatchet a long time ago, as shown by Apples having a clip it Rowley's battle commander, and I'm pretty sure in interviews (think it was a Free Lunch) Apples made it clear his issue was with management at Flip (reading between the lines he seemed to of meant Jeremy Fox).

As for Apples, he's been slacking for awhile, but he's a legend and one of my favorite skaters of all time.

Rowley gave him the thumbs up in them Insta comments.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Harem

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2016, 10:31:04 PM »
Fun fact: Appleyard does not have a single 3 trick line in any of his Flip parts. (I don't count the belmont edges thing where he jumps off his board and around the pole)

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2016, 10:53:04 PM »
It's also sort of strange that Plan B hasn't made a board with PJ's name on it in the past 6-12 months. He's been listed on their team page but they've produced no product with his name on it.

Maybe they're waiting for him to finally finish his part for them. Or just a part in general. (Disclaimer: love all of his footage and always hope to see more but it is getting a little crazy now.)

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2016, 05:58:44 AM »
Appleyard kinda fucked up by accepting sponsorship of the most bland brands of all time. All of them. One or two is okay, but everything he rides for is kinda not respected by core skaters. He has legend status, but your sponsors say a lot still. Can you imagine if BA was on Globe, Element, Grizzly Grip? It would just be weird. Of course we'd all love him still, like we love Appleyard's skating, but maybe you get the picture. Globe is such a bad brand. I work at a skate shop and I have never sold Grizzly Grip, or anything Grizzly, to a person over 12 once.

I think he maybe thought he was invincible and lost that thing that was "Mark Appleyard". BA still has a brand, Konston still has a brand, all the legends still have brands. Appleyard doesn't really anymore, though he once did. I hope the best for him though. His part in Sorry changed the way I looked at skating.

You do realize that the industry is aimed at 12 year old's, right?
The vast majority of money in the industry comes from 10-20 year old boys, with the demographic of "core skaters" representing probably like, 15% of the market, if that.
Element, Grizzly, Plan B, Almost, Blind, and whatever else is safe, and parents like that, because that is who is buying this shit.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

himlor

• Rep: 18
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2016, 06:08:05 AM »
Fun fact: Appleyard does not have a single 3 trick line in any of his Flip parts. (I don't count the belmont edges thing where he jumps off his board and around the pole)

whoa, kinda trippy..no filler footy tho! i always thought it was kinda funny how his sorry and really sorry have basically the exact same tricks, just on different spots.

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -7
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2016, 08:31:27 AM »

What?! I always thought that was the best part about that line!

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2016, 09:32:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

whoa, kinda trippy..no filler footy tho! i always thought it was kinda funny how his sorry and really sorry have basically the exact same tricks, just on different spots.

Also he always does a wild tick-tack before kickflip back tailsliding ledges. He barely does lines period though.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2016, 01:46:09 PM »
A new-age flip team with Arto Rowley Pj and Apples would be amazing!
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2016, 04:13:02 PM »
this guy was the best in the early to mid 2000s in my eyes. ( Daewon Song doesnt count because he is the best ever imo )

also, just like Gino, they are always smiling when they are skating and both have God level style!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 04:14:51 PM by UserFame »
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harem

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2016, 04:37:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He has a lot of one flat ground trick before a rail trick as his 'lines', which I think is the perfect definition of filler trick.

I don't think he has legend status by any means, peaked when he was 22/23 with two very solid (although similar parts), nothing really progressive with his Extremely Sorry part and that Element part he released last year. Wedged in the middle is two completely forgettable Digital parts.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2016, 05:25:33 PM »
He lost me when he was only doing nollie big spin variations on mini ramps and at skateparks. Haven't thought about him since.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2016, 05:39:52 PM »
A new-agewave flip team with Arto Rowley Pj and Apples would be amazing!

zippy z

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2016, 06:32:48 PM »
You left this one out of the Tim TIm archives.