Author Topic: Pro-Trump Skaters?  (Read 82715 times)

h00man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
Re: Pro-Trump Skaters?
« Reply #540 on: August 30, 2017, 10:22:10 AM »
Fuck off Vert reynolds. Of course you're going to pull out numbers from your dumbass. You just love fake news huh?

And yeah FUCK those fucking statues. Would you be okay with having statues or Kim Jong Il, Kim Jong Un or Hitler placed around America? I don't fucking think so.

Anyone who disagrees with tearing down those worthless statues of losers are racist fucks.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #541 on: August 30, 2017, 10:36:59 AM »
I think people might actually still suffering from having trouble accepting that the confederacy lost the civil war, even Bedford Forrest left the KKK because it was too violent, and he was mister Confederacy. The Confederacy really lost, and all attempts to revive it have failed.

shark tits

« Reply #542 on: August 30, 2017, 10:49:06 AM »
Fuck off Vert reynolds. Of course you're going to pull out numbers from your dumbass. You just love fake news huh?

And yeah FUCK those fucking statues. Would you be okay with having statues or Kim Jong Il, Kim Jong Un or Hitler placed around America? I don't fucking think so.

Anyone who disagrees with tearing down those worthless statues of losers are racist fucks.
i'm from the northeast and always kinda laughed at southerners and their clinging to civil war but you know what?
the vietnam  war was a sham yet we have monuments to the poor bastards who were drafted into it.
every war ever has been fought by the poor [usually conscripted] at the behest of the rich and whether we agree w/ it or not we begrudgingly support the troops. i mean, i don't. if you sign up to play stupid games and win stupid prizes don't ask me for change cause your leg fell off.
but yeah, if it's a statue to the 'boys in grey' that's not exactly a glowing endorsement of racism. i actually can see how someone might not want to let go of the relic to their ancestor's suffering and sacrifice even if it were to continue slavery for other people in his geographic region. make no mistake, anyone who could afford slaves was not fighting in this war.
neither were all northerners anti-slavery heros. we got drafted to fight for the 'good guys' as history tells it while the poor people of the south got drafted by the bad guys.
i can see black folks being offended by it also but there's a bit more nuance than 'if you don't hate statues you're a racist and a bad man'.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #543 on: August 30, 2017, 10:59:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
i'm from the northeast and always kinda laughed at southerners and their clinging to civil war but you know what?
the vietnam  war was a sham yet we have monuments to the poor bastards who were drafted into it.
every war ever has been fought by the poor [usually conscripted] at the behest of the rich and whether we agree w/ it or not we begrudgingly support the troops. i mean, i don't. if you sign up to play stupid games and win stupid prizes don't ask me for change cause your leg fell off.
but yeah, if it's a statue to the 'boys in grey' that's not exactly a glowing endorsement of racism. i actually can see how someone might not want to let go of the relic to their ancestor's suffering and sacrifice even if it were to continue slavery for other people in his geographic region. make no mistake, anyone who could afford slaves was not fighting in this war.
neither were all northerners anti-slavery heros. we got drafted to fight for the 'good guys' as history tells it while the poor people of the south got drafted by the bad guys.
i can see black folks being offended by it also but there's a bit more nuance than 'if you don't hate statues you're a racist and a bad man'.
A lot of the officers(West Point grads. etc...) on the Confederate side had slaves, and were indeed fighting to keep their slaves indefinitely(albeit part of a more complex picture), which I think is the problem people are having, in part they personally fought to keep their own slaves

n0torious

• Rep: 153
« Reply #544 on: August 30, 2017, 11:01:47 AM »
but yeah, if it's a statue to the 'boys in grey' that's not exactly a glowing endorsement of racism.

Yes, yes it is. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2017/08/16/the-whole-point-of-confederate-monuments-is-to-celebrate-white-supremacy/

The statues were erected in a broad movement by the United Daughters of the Confederacy to vindicate the South and lionize their fight. Their explicit purpose is to trumpet a false narrative. During a particularly brutal outbreak of anti-black violence in the early 1900s...

...the pace of Confederate monument construction quickened. The UDC and other like-minded heritage organizations were intent on honoring the Confederate generation and establishing a revisionist history of what they called the War Between the States. According to this Lost Cause mythology, the South went to war to defend states' rights, slavery was essentially a benevolent institution that imparted Christianity to African 'savages,' and, while the Confederates were defeated, theirs was a just cause and those who fought were heroes. The Daughters regarded the Ku Klux Klan, which had been founded to resist Reconstruction, as a heroic organization, necessary to return order to the South. Order, of course, meant the use of violence to subdue newly freed blacks.

During the era of Jim Crow, Confederate monuments could be placed most anywhere. Some were in cemeteries or parks, but far more were erected on the grounds of local and state courthouses. These monuments, then, not only represented reverence for soldiers who fought in a war to defend slavery. They also made a very pointed statement about the rule of white supremacy: All who enter the courthouse are subject to the laws of white men.
Today's defenders of Confederate monuments are either unaware of the historical context or do not care. Like generations of whites before them, they are more invested in the mythology that has attached itself to these sentinels of white supremacy, because it serves their cause.

I'm not pointing this out because I think you support the statues, but the context on how and why they were erected clearly shows it was all about enforcing the white-dominated status quo.

wheelies

« Reply #545 on: August 30, 2017, 11:03:41 AM »
I used to live in NY and I hated the confederate flag, because sore loosers and racists and shit. But having lived in the south for a minute, I still don't like most rednecks but I understand them now. Its just a "where your from" thing, like represent represent, that's all. All the extra shit falls in after that fact, you gotta realize the cival war was a big deal territory wise.

Statues are to hard to call, destroying and rebuilding is necessary for evolution, but I don't know if the rebuilding part is happening or its just destroying. In the mean time I enjoy them as art first and history second.

shark tits

« Reply #546 on: August 30, 2017, 11:06:19 AM »
huh, point taken super perverted. assumed it was poor scotch english vs poor irish and english in a battle for land neither army owned.

Pigeon

« Reply #547 on: August 30, 2017, 11:12:45 AM »
The whole historical argument for the statues is a ruse, for many, when there are protesters chanting, "Jews will not replace us!"

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #548 on: August 30, 2017, 11:14:04 AM »
huh, point taken super perverted. assumed it was poor scotch english vs poor irish and english in a battle for land neither army owned.
Well you're right, the rank and file were very that much that, but the whole command structure was full off slave owners and the statues are mostly of the famous officers as I understand

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #549 on: August 30, 2017, 12:42:38 PM »
If you want the statues removed do it through the proper channels. Otherwise you're a scumbag and deserve jail time

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #550 on: August 30, 2017, 01:11:32 PM »
If you want the statues removed do it through the proper channels. Otherwise you're a scumbag and deserve jail time
"Destruction of public monuments deserves jail time" said no skateboarder ever.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #551 on: August 30, 2017, 01:17:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you skate on a war memorial you should be shot.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #552 on: August 30, 2017, 01:21:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

If you skate on a war memorial you should be shot.
Come get me.

Pigeon

« Reply #553 on: August 30, 2017, 01:27:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

If you don't believe in what I believe, you should be shot.
[close]
Come get me.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #554 on: August 30, 2017, 01:39:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Come get me.
[close]

congrats, admitting youre a scumbag is the first step to recovery.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #555 on: August 30, 2017, 01:48:33 PM »
I feel so bad for your wife.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #556 on: August 30, 2017, 01:53:38 PM »

Don't worry, at least she gets to fuck another dude while he sits in the corner telling himself over and over again that he's the real alpha male

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #557 on: August 30, 2017, 01:56:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Come get me.
[close]
[close]

congrats, admitting youre a scumbag is the first step to recovery.

Pigeon

« Reply #558 on: August 30, 2017, 02:18:32 PM »

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #559 on: August 30, 2017, 02:24:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't worry, at least she gets to fuck another dude while he sits in the corner telling himself over and over again that he's the real alpha male

i hate when that happens

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #560 on: August 30, 2017, 02:41:59 PM »
Reefer, you don't have to lie, it's fine.

Tobey, Pigeon, and me are all Liberal pussies, remember?

We don't judge.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #561 on: August 30, 2017, 02:46:50 PM »
Reefer, you don't have to lie, it's fine.

Tobey, Pigeon, and me are all Liberal pussies, remember?

We don't judge.

fuck probably, your words not mine.

global warming is a hoax

Pigeon

« Reply #562 on: August 30, 2017, 02:57:58 PM »

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #563 on: August 30, 2017, 03:03:01 PM »

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #564 on: August 30, 2017, 03:04:01 PM »
haha I'm actually just having fun being a dick to him now.

Am I still a troll if I'm just trolling a troll?  ???

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #565 on: August 30, 2017, 03:12:22 PM »
haha I'm actually just having fun being a dick to him now.

Am I still a troll if I'm just trolling a troll?  ???

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #566 on: August 30, 2017, 03:15:28 PM »
BITCH stop using John C. Reilly for evil!

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #567 on: August 30, 2017, 03:16:39 PM »
Expand Quote
global warming is a hoax
[close]

We all know the real issue is that the world is flat and there's reptilian humanoids underground.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #568 on: August 30, 2017, 03:20:57 PM »
BITCH stop using John C. Reilly for evil!

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #569 on: August 30, 2017, 03:26:07 PM »
Fun fact, they based a character off of me in It's always sunny