Author Topic: Original Swiss vs Super Swiss 6  (Read 28899 times)

the snake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Original Swiss vs Super Swiss 6
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2017, 10:17:31 AM »
this thread makes my life bland cause i don't have super swiss 6 ;D

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2017, 11:24:55 AM »
Yeah I definitely need to feel six balls, I've been running bulk reds.. Makes me feel like a chump!

such

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2017, 06:56:46 PM »
get the 6 balls

thebacker

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2017, 10:30:53 PM »
how do they compare to  bronson?

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2017, 10:38:35 PM »
i have both, the G3 an the swiss 6, i'd go with the 6, im not sure (since i had them set up on two different wheels) if the wheels made it louder, but the swiss are quieter, and roll smoother, the g3's are better than the reds ive had before though. but bottom line if you have the money go with the swiss 6

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2017, 11:15:38 PM »
The only thing Santa Cruz has going for it is they make some high end mountain bikes.....otherwise...I don't trust it....Powell may not always be everyone's cup of tea w. marketing or design but the quality control for the most part is on point.....

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2017, 12:23:23 AM »

Bronsons fucking suck. The cages break even from skating only very low impact stuff. I'll never buy Bronsons again. It's all marketing hype bullshit if you ask me.

Dima

• Rep: -6
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2017, 12:32:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Does anyone have the Swiss Ceramics and are they the best bearings you've ever had?
[close]

In short, yes.
I had money to splurge and got those.
They are very expensive but really amazing bearings, fast, low maintenance and bit lighter than standard bearings if that matters to you. They will last for years without trouble.
I would say that they are kinda overkill but if money is not issue or you got good discount get those.

Mine were none of those things, always getting stuck even when relatively new and I shattered the cages/inner rings in a matter of months and I definitely do not skate anything high impact....

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2017, 10:01:31 AM »
my experience with super swiss has been good enough to justify the slightly higher price point. they feel sturdier and don't need as much maintenance. i like to think of it as since a bigger wheel would roll over a crack easier than a smaller one so would a larger metal ball ride over dust particles and scum. when just broken in they feel like they give the wheel extra inertia for the spin to last longer. this is my impression about the wheels. nothing special (compared to normal swiss) on the first day but after skated for a bit they feel fast and very sturdy, producing a very satisfying sound
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2017, 11:27:53 AM »
my experience with super swiss has been good enough to justify the slightly higher price point. they feel sturdier and don't need as much maintenance. i like to think of it as since a bigger wheel would roll over a crack easier than a smaller one so would a larger metal ball ride over dust particles and scum. when just broken in they feel like they give the wheel extra inertia for the spin to last longer. this is my impression about the wheels. nothing special (compared to normal swiss) on the first day but after skated for a bit they feel fast and very sturdy, producing a very satisfying sound

You need to be writing ads for skate products.

thebacker

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2017, 11:38:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bronsons fucking suck. The cages break even from skating only very low impact stuff. I'll never buy Bronsons again. It's all marketing hype bullshit if you ask me.

Cant say ive ever heard of that happening. After this set, which should last til next Christmas, ill try the swiss

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2017, 12:05:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Cant say ive ever heard of that happening. After this set, which should last til next Christmas, ill try the swiss

Mine broke in a few months. Read similar stories here and on Bronson's Facebook. Posted my own case there too. No reply whatsoever. Lowest quality bearings I've had so far and most expensive too.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2017, 12:49:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah had the same experience. Same with Reds & Super Reds. Have a pair of Swiss now but haven't skated much. Hopefully they don't let me down. The skateboard industry fucking sucks.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2017, 01:15:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

yeah had the same experience. Same with Reds & Super Reds. Have a pair of Swiss now but haven't skated much. Hopefully they don't let me down. The skateboard industry fucking sucks.

Reds have worked good for me. Current set I've treated like shit, then cleaned and lubed up again and they're pretty much perfect. I can't justify paying fucking 80? for the Swiss as random cheap-os are working just fine.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 999
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2017, 01:52:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i have both, the G3 an the swiss 6, i'd go with the 6, im not sure (since i had them set up on two different wheels) if the wheels made it louder, but the swiss are quieter, and roll smoother, the g3's are better than the reds ive had before though. but bottom line if you have the money go with the swiss 6

Been rocking Bronson G3s since they released, park only (Except for skating to said park), and they've treated me well, hadn't cleaned or lubed them in months spin fast, roll fast and are loud with shields on; they lasted longer out of the box than my Indy Blacks did (I should clean those...hmmm)....

Set-up a freshie and decided to clean up Swiss Six I've had for a few years now + another set (thanks @BMC) that I rotate in and out the best of the best (I cracked a race and was down one so have 15).

Swiss 6 > Bronsons for sure.

I've only ever skate a set of regulard swiss back in the 80s, damn things laster forever/never cleaned or lubed and that was back in the launch ramp ---> sets era.

I'd imagine more pros 'get' the regular swiss as they, along with Reds, are the cash cows for SO and those brands get pushed more (and have been for decades).

I've a few super reds kicking around still I think, those lasted a while and were nice and fast, too.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 04:45:06 PM by Xen »

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2017, 04:38:33 PM »
i had a set of swiss bones for 3 years and they were really loud and fast. i still have em lying around. i also have a set of swiss-6 i got in September and they've broken in quicker, they seem much faster and quieter than the regular 6.

overall i feel Bones make the best, long lasting bearings in the business.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

micky682

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2017, 05:59:32 PM »
i had a set of swiss bones for 3 years and they were really loud and fast. i still have em lying around. i also have a set of swiss-6 i got in September and they've broken in quicker, they seem much faster and quieter than the regular 6.

overall i feel Bones make the best, long lasting bearings in the business.
Shield off? I got my first pair of Swiss and I don't like how the quiet they are with the shields on, but I don't want to take them off and have $50 go down the drain.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2017, 09:55:55 PM »
Yeah I definitely need to feel six balls

I bet you do.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 10:53:22 AM by Xen »

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2017, 01:05:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You need to be writing ads for skate products.

hahaha i even tried to make it NOT sound like a product promotion but failed, obviously
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

commander jameson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2017, 06:55:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does anyone have the Swiss Ceramics and are they the best bearings you've ever had?
[close]

In short, yes.
I had money to splurge and got those.
They are very expensive but really amazing bearings, fast, low maintenance and bit lighter than standard bearings if that matters to you. They will last for years without trouble.
I would say that they are kinda overkill but if money is not issue or you got good discount get those.
[close]

Mine were none of those things, always getting stuck even when relatively new and I shattered the cages/inner rings in a matter of months and I definitely do not skate anything high impact....

Damn that sucks.
Are you sure you had original ones?There are lots of fake Bones bearings on eBay/online.

Did you skate them with shields on?
I would write to Bones if that happened to me with their Ceramics, something was not right with those bearings for sure.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2017, 08:37:48 AM »
So I got the 6 balls. They have speed cream right or should I put a couple of drops in?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2017, 10:55:39 AM »
So I got the 6 balls. They have speed cream right or should I put a couple of drops in?

They come lubed with speed cream, no need to do anything but skate them.

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2019, 03:22:18 AM »
I know this is a dead thread but since there is already some decent info here I figured I’d rather ask here than make a new thread.

Are Bones Swiss 6 or the OG Bones Swiss quieter?  Looking for the best bearings for a filmer board.  How do Red Big Balls (Reds 6 Balls) compare as well?

Otherwise are there better bearings for what I’m looking for (longevity, speed, roll for a long time, and QUIET)?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2019, 04:45:49 AM »
I know this is a dead thread but since there is already some decent info here I figured I’d rather ask here than make a new thread.

Are Bones Swiss 6 or the OG Bones Swiss quieter?  Looking for the best bearings for a filmer board.  How do Red Big Balls (Reds 6 Balls) compare as well?

Otherwise are there better bearings for what I’m looking for (longevity, speed, roll for a long time, and QUIET)?

You just need big soft wheels. Bearings don't matter as much for a filmer board.

You could probably just run reds in soft wheels and be good
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2019, 06:03:27 AM »
I’ve had both swiss and Swiss 6.
The 6 are worth the extra money based on my personal experience with both.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2019, 06:06:25 AM »
Rode OG Swiss for about 10 years. Riding a set of 6 now, I may never go back
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2019, 07:29:48 AM »

Daddies Ceramic built-in's. Tighten the wheels down on 'em. Best bearing for a super quiet cruiser setup in my opinion.

sneakpeekmeek

• Rep: 2
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2019, 07:38:22 AM »
Super swiss 6s might be too quiet. But its a great option for a film board.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2019, 08:31:35 AM »
Damn as far as the sound goes, I have no idea which sounds louder. I’ve never once noticed if my wheels/bearings sound loud  ???
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2019, 08:44:02 AM »

Bearings with built-in spacers are going to allow you to tighten the nuts down so there will be no rattle of the speed rings.  I have a couple sets and it is crazy how dead they make the board sound.  Mentioned above are the Daddies Ceramic - I don't think these are available anymore.  I have a set and I don't fell like they aged as well as the Zealous bearings.  Cheap Zealous (around $14) take a week or so to break in - but then they get fast and are super well sealed.  Bones has their Race Reds as well - but I haven't tried them.

I also have sets of Swiss and Super 6.  Both are faster than the Zealous - but if you want quiet as well, run the built ins.