Author Topic: When did SLAP turn into a Narconon Rehab. center?  (Read 3390 times)

not_ericricks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65
Re: When did SLAP turn into a Narconon Rehab. center?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2017, 12:21:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I took an intravenous hit of dilaudid while in the hospital, then took hydrocodone around the clock for about a week (for passing a kidney stone). Other than the obvious pain relief, I couldn't sense any positive side effects. At what point to you become hooked on this stuff?
[close]

If there is no pain present, opiates create a really strong euphoric effect. Tingling sensations, hightened senses, a "heavyweight" comes over you. Generally you just feel fuckin awesome and dont give a fuck about anything, then you go to sleep lol. Or puke and itch like crazy.

I only have minimal experience with morphine and hydromorph, and it was still enjoyable even though I was in pain.

Im using percocets now for my injury and it still gets me a lil loopy. Im pretty sensitive to opiates though.

Your average opiate user wouldnt feel much if anything at all from percocets
[close]

Know tons of meth/speed freaks who hate opiates. I kind of understand them, all in all, it's a crappy drug. Not much action, just fighting the clock not to get sick. Can't belive I spent so much time, money and effort on that garbage. Here in Sweden, the average price and quality of heroin is off the charts terrible.

Anyway, I'll be back when we'll start talking recovery instead, I'm turning into a real prick just talking about drugs.

Thats intersting! Can I make you stick around for one more post?

The first times I used opiates were light opiates. T3/percocet and it was very enjoyable.

Hydromorph and morphine was too but it was administerd by drs for injuries

I tried oxycontin once and all i did was puke every 15 minutes. I wondered why anyone would enjoy that.

Maybe just light opiate use is good shit?

Ive heard nothing but horror stories from stronger shit and i dont think users enjoy, its just that physiological addiction has already set in.

Thoughts?
I stand one step above you like a pharmacist

shark tits

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2017, 12:41:14 PM »
no, coming close to death w/ heroin is about the best feeling there is ergo we get hooked on it but it becomes no longer is economically viable to get to that point so you see all the negatives kobrakai posted.
people who do 'one or two percosets' or snort/smoke heroin are just scratching the surface. shooting is holistic bliss at first. obviously it is not sustainable [unless you're a bourgie motherfuckin rock star in which case you die by 27].

not_ericricks

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2017, 12:55:10 PM »
Damn receptor downgrades eh?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2017, 01:22:24 PM »
I'll stick around.

Drug abuse is pretty much Economics 101. The diminishing returns to scale are already covered. Supply and demand is no brainer. However, there are some things add.

1) Perfect complements vs perfect substitutes. Good X is useless without good Y vs Good X is interchangeble with Good Y.

2) Trade-offs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade-off)

3) Utility (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility)

Different drugs satisfy different needs. For instance; I don't like speed whatsoever and having some amounts of it would yield me very little to no utility. I used opiates because I fucking hated life and being awake fucking sucked, I had no intentions of staying up for days. I would (and have in the past) trade it for less than market price for some opiates, even if there was an efficient market for the garbage.

Same thing applied to things like freedom, health and family. As those things flew further down the priority list, getting wasted (sort of) as long as possible (kind of) took more scarce resources like effort, time and money. I was not oblivious, I fucking knew what the opiates would do to me, and yet assigned a higher values to it. If there were no opiates, my choice would land on sedatives like benzos and alcohol, both preferably, or some combination of those.

Would I become addicted to meth? No. Does not work that way. Satisfies no needs, hence, useless. I don't know how to explain it, really. Maybe our Sniffie can explain.

Think of it in food terms. Some you love, some you would never eat.

stabbedbywiggers

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2017, 01:34:56 PM »
Heres a opiate story. One time we stole hydrocodone syrup from this girls fridge, and then my friend pissed on a head of lettuce and put it back in the fridge. Im positive her family ate that lettuce, someone had to atleast take a bite of sandwich with piss lettuce on it.

shark tits

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2017, 01:42:34 PM »
i can't explain, only corroborate.  why do black people smoke menthols? why are native americans such fun happy drunks ??? reasons might be on a molecular level or it could be cultural.

not_ericricks

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2017, 01:53:41 PM »
i can't explain, only corroborate.  why do black people smoke menthols? why are native americans such fun happy drunks ??? reasons might be on a molecular level or it could be cultural.

Hahah that hits home for me. My wife/kids and half my familiy are indiginous.

Best sense of humour ever!

BUT, when alcohol comes into play its only fun and games for abit. In my experiences, once totally drunk they can and will fight anyone over anything.

And good luck with that. They have the stamina of professional boxers

stabbedbywiggers

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2017, 02:20:26 PM »
I think most addictions are due to economic and location factors. Northeast you got cheap stamps everywhere, down here its $20 a stamp, usually only like 50mg too. Pills are stupid expensive. $1 a mg. for fucking hydrocodone. Alot of people moved to fent for best bang for buck ratio.

I personally woulda never turned into a time traveling benzo person if the shit wasnt so cheap. Mcdonalds dollar menu is more expensive than godamn benzo powder.

Im sure if 40mg Opanas were $2 we would all be opiate addicts.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2017, 03:33:23 PM »
Newport (or the company that owned it) used to drive around poor black communities, in like  the 1950s, handing out free cartons of cigarettes

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2017, 03:37:40 PM »
Expand Quote
i can't explain, only corroborate. �why do black people smoke menthols? why are native americans such fun happy drunks ??? reasons might be on a molecular level or it could be cultural.
[close]

BUT, when alcohol comes into play its only fun and games for abit. In my experiences, once totally drunk they can and will fight anyone over anything.

Addiction can happen to anyone. The millionaire NHL goon gets their face caved in, end up spending thousands on pain killers, only to wind up dead.

stabbedbywiggers

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2017, 03:57:10 PM »
Newport (or the company that owned it) used to drive around poor black communities, in like  the 1950s, handing out free cartons of cigarettes
It musta been so awesome to be black in the 50's. Free newports n shit.

not_ericricks

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2017, 05:32:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i can't explain, only corroborate. �why do black people smoke menthols? why are native americans such fun happy drunks ??? reasons might be on a molecular level or it could be cultural.
[close]

[close]
Addiction can happen to anyone. The millionaire NHL goon gets their face caved in, end up spending thousands on pain killers, only to wind up dead.

Uuuummmmm yeah?

Pretty sure we all know that.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2017, 07:00:04 AM »
NarcANON is a fucking shit-show, I wouldn't go back to that place if you paid me...

Shout out to my mate shark tits, clean-beans & four wheels save lives (not weed)...
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

stabbedbywiggers

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2017, 10:48:14 AM »
Ever been in the middle of a 2 month air duster binge? Shits off the chain.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2017, 03:28:02 PM »
#teamdogdrugs

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2017, 03:47:36 PM »
NarcANON is a fucking shit-show, I wouldn't go back to that place if you paid me...

Shout out to my mate shark tits, clean-beans & four wheels save lives (not weed)...
Oh please do go on...