Author Topic: The Nine Club | Episode 31 - Jamie Foy  (Read 5179 times)

Changes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -220
  • #NeverForget
The Nine Club | Episode 31 - Jamie Foy
« on: January 16, 2017, 03:33:54 AM »

Grind King Rims

Re: The Nine Club | Episode 31 - Jamie Foy
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 06:01:45 AM »
I'd definitely rather watch him skate than listen to him speak, but he seems like a good kid.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 06:49:17 AM by Grind King Rims »

jim

• Rep: -23
  • Guess that's why they call it window pane
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 07:53:49 AM »
ruined my monday, coulda been anyone but him
Does it hurt when you skate?
If no: Go skate
If yes: Go skate

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 08:20:08 AM »
At this point C-Rob is the draw for me. I could care less who's on there I just listen to hear what  funny shit he's gonna say next. I like people who are funny without being "try hard"...ahem, ahem
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 09:50:28 AM »
That whole Das Pinch thing was mad confusing for someone that isn't in the know of that stuff. It just seemed like such a dumb thing to dwell and talk about.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 10:25:32 AM »
Yeah, that pinch stuff went on for way too long.

not_ericricks

• Rep: -65
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 10:28:45 AM »
Not the best episode but at this point the show is ao good I still enjoyed it.

This show gained alot of traction. We should be seeing some pretty awesome guests in the future
I stand one step above you like a pharmacist

shit_for_brains

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 11:00:07 AM »
The pinch talk is a thing. It's all over instagram and with people in their 20s on down. You not knowing what they're talking about isn't their fault. They're current, you're out of touch. I found it enjoyable. How is it not skate rat talk? Whiners.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 11:14:02 AM »
The one thing I wished they did differently was show a quick clip of the tricks they have stories about. I tried to find that fakie flip slam where he blew out the bondo for like 10 minutes at work with no luck.

Irvine-Sucks.com

shit_for_brains

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 11:21:32 AM »
The one thing I wished they did differently was show a quick clip of the tricks they have stories about. I tried to find that fakie flip slam where he blew out the bondo for like 10 minutes at work with no luck.

I was thinking the same but with how skate filmers are and rights ownership and all that shit and how confusing it can get I see why they wouldn't bother.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 12:11:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was thinking the same but with how skate filmers are and rights ownership and all that shit and how confusing it can get I see why they wouldn't bother.

That makes sense. Although maybe a Youtube link in the description would work because, once again, I just spent a stupid amount of time trying to find that Malto Das pinch clip. Anyone have it? I looked through all the old posts on their Insta account and couldn't find it, which makes me think it got deleted everywhere.

Irvine-Sucks.com

shit_for_brains

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 12:20:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That makes sense. Although maybe a Youtube link in the description would work because, once again, I just spent a stupid amount of time trying to find that Malto Das pinch clip. Anyone have it? I looked through all the old posts on their Insta account and couldn't find it, which makes me think it got deleted everywhere.

it's loud as fuck too

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 01:20:18 PM »
The pinch talk is a thing. It's all over instagram and with people in their 20s on down. You not knowing what they're talking about isn't their fault. They're current, you're out of touch. I found it enjoyable. How is it not skate rat talk? Whiners.

I should have been more clear but I thought it was dumb that CROB was trying to decypher the term out when it should really be taken as what it is. He like made the thing way more confusing when Jamie Foy kept explain it's not meant to be referenced in the physical sense. I just felt they spoke way to much about it when he should have just understood and moved on.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1431
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 01:34:39 PM »
In fairness, Gino is a tough act to follow.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 885
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 01:39:05 PM »
I don't understand a pinch on a manual trick, but I suck ass at manuals so I guess that's not surprising.

shark tits

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 01:58:59 PM »
I don't understand a pinch on a manual trick, but I suck ass at manuals so I guess that's not surprising.
yeah, we always called it 'wheelbite' where i'm from. i also suck at manuals though so who knows?

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 02:27:19 PM »
I guess this is a manual pinch
http://youtu.be/aPFdWGPlAl4?t=21m49s

Grind King Rims

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 02:53:20 PM »
Perfect example of a manual pinch right here
https://youtu.be/aVG85j8I2us?t=1m33s

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2017, 04:00:51 PM »
Maybe it's because I was listening while working and didn't have to look a their stupid faces but I thought the pinch talk was rad. It's rare to hear legitimate skaters talk about technique.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2017, 05:04:12 PM »
i almost get confused when people dont know who this dude is, and him talking about how he put out 4 parts last year is pretty much why. then again some of these people also think kayo isnt gonna go out of business...

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2017, 08:05:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

it's loud as fuck too

I remembered seeing it, couldn't find any better then the intro to this video.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2017, 10:35:56 PM »
Does he only own one hat?

jim

• Rep: -23
  • Guess that's why they call it window pane
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2017, 07:30:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yeah, we always called it 'wheelbite' where i'm from. i also suck at manuals though so who knows?

he LITERALY SpPecificly POTENTAILLY said it doesnt have todo with will bite, its how you lean and what not
Does it hurt when you skate?
If no: Go skate
If yes: Go skate

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 360
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2017, 07:54:37 AM »
I loved this episode! Some serious skate nerdery going down at the end.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2017, 11:59:47 AM »

I'll start of by saying there are plenty of new trends that I am proudly out of touch with. I think at a certain age you realize immediately jumping on "the next big thing" sometimes can result in you looking and feeling stupid in hindsight. From pressure flips to skinny jeans, sometimes its best to take the "wait and see" approach to new trends.
With that said, I think instagram commenters are about as accurate a reflection of what is new and hip in skating as Slap has always been. And by that I mean its a stupid place to find out what the average skater is thinking, and just a place where a certain groupthink develops that doesn't necessarily match the mentality of the mainstream.  Its that "bubble" shit...

The pinch thing is a thing, but I think A LOT of us always took it as the thing the truck does when you lock into a trick like a crook and even some smith grind type tricks and kind of power the truck so it pinches against the board. I think it makes their whole conversation a lot more interesting because its clearing up (or maybe creating?) a lot of confusion over a relatively new adjective.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2017, 10:43:39 PM »
Pinching something is a physical thing. What Foy and his friends have done is expand it's meaning to any sort of lock and swear that they came up with a new term for a concept that no one has been able to find the word for. The thing is that that word exists. It's lock. No one physically pinches manual. Not only does that not make sense, it's totally redundant. People lock into grinds and they can lock into manuals. Words have meaning. Fuck. Whatever. They're the ones that popularized it and they're the ones constantly saying it. It means whatever the hell they want it to mean no matter how illogical. Jamie's voice is higher pitched than I imagined.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2017, 09:44:21 AM »
exactly.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2017, 10:50:39 AM »
Pinching something is a physical thing. What Foy and his friends have done is expand it's meaning to any sort of lock and swear that they came up with a new term for a concept that no one has been able to find the word for. The thing is that that word exists. It's lock. No one physically pinches manual. Not only does that not make sense, it's totally redundant. People lock into grinds and they can lock into manuals. Words have meaning. Fuck. Whatever. They're the ones that popularized it and they're the ones constantly saying it. It means whatever the hell they want it to mean no matter how illogical. Jamie's voice is higher pitched than I imagined.

Pinch a better term though

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2017, 11:07:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pinch a better term though
Even when nothing is actually being pinched?

spliffMODE

• Rep: 5
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2017, 11:26:50 AM »
Yeah, that pinch stuff went on for way too long.
irony