Author Topic: Nick Dompierre's body fat  (Read 11001 times)

Beeda Weeda

Re: Nick Dompierre's body fat
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2017, 06:13:22 AM »
I take no regular supplements, I just eat a good balanced diet and keep a whey protein isolate in the cupboard that I take very occasionally.
I used to buy into all the hype, but I just try and eat good and listen to my body.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2017, 06:17:31 AM »
I just do 2 whey shakes a day. One in the morning which consists of the powder, berries, banana, spinach, and egg whites. Then immediately after my workout I have just the straight powder with water. I use the natural whey. Other than those it's just a straight good eating.

ungzilla

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2017, 06:17:47 AM »
Interesting discussion, I'm kind of on the opposite program. I was up to like 235 five or so years ago, slipped a disc in my back and decided I needed a drastic reordering of my priorities. I hover around 160 now, as low as 150 over the summer. Basically done via calorie restriction and body weight exercises because I hate the idea of going to a gym (though I've never actually gone, so maybe it's way doper than I think). I was pretty ripped this summer, but in like a lean way, rather than a huge way. Basically large numbers of low weight reps - pushups, pullups, situps, crunches, planks, and that sort of shit. Running few times a week (maybe averaging 15 miles a week), biking to/from work and for all my errands, and then just actually keeping track of my eating, which is definitely difficult at first.

I'm skeptical of starting to take any kind of supplements as I don't think it's heavily regulated enough and who knows what you're really getting. Anyways being lighter on your feet has definitely helped my skating. I haven't gotten hurt nearly as much as I had been, and when I do get hurt, it's not for nearly as long, since I don't have an actual-medium-sized-boulder's-worth-of-torque acting on my shitty ankles.

not_ericricks

• Rep: -65
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2017, 06:32:45 AM »
Its a weird topic.

Regarding supplements though, fish oil and whey isolate are worth their weight in gold.

You guys know whey isolate even prevents and or can cure cancers via glutathione production?

Search it up, lots of studies on pubmed.

2-3 shakes a days and you will rarely if ever get sick.

Get unflavored though so you can mix it with anything

I hate whey concentrate, thats the thick shit with far less benefits because its been heat treated.

I train to be in shape. Not be huge. But its funny people think if you touch weights youll just bulk right the fuck up. Doesnt happen. That shit takes years of hardcore eating, training and drugs/supplements.

Try eating 8000 clean calories a day, even thats tough. But without adequate calories you wont get much growth or hypertrophy.

I stand one step above you like a pharmacist

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2017, 06:38:01 AM »
Good job ungzilla, that is  sick.
I hurt my ankle in 2009-10 and let my self get up to about 205. I am 5"11 and was going to the gym, I wasn't sloppy fat, but I needed to change. I started eating healthier and doing more cadio.
I quit smoking in 2011, and everything became so much easier, I have been 175-180 since about 2012.  Its much easier to skate when you don't have a couple of bricks strapped to your back.

not_ericricks

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2017, 06:46:33 AM »
Good job ungzilla, that is  sick.
I hurt my ankle in 2009-10 and let my self get up to about 205. I am 5"11 and was going to the gym, I wasn't sloppy fat, but I needed to change. I started eating healthier and doing more cadio.
I quit smoking in 2011, and everything became so much easier, I have been 175-180 since about 2012.  Its much easier to skate when you don't have a couple of bricks strapped to your back.

Fuck yeah! After my first injury when I got to 200lbs, 50lbs heavier than pre injury, skating was fucked. I went from kickflipping those lil trashcans to barely ollieing up a lil 2 stair at this one spot.

Thats when my no comply game got heated lol. This was in like 2000 so at least I wasnt a trendy fuck hahaha.

Once I got my weight back down, mainly from doing HIIT cardio on a recumbant bike, I was back to normal.

Im 37 now and still skate pretty good. Nowhere near the old days but I can still pop at least.

Also, I should add, dont use high dose fish oil if your on blood thinning medication. And dont use whey protein if you have kidney disease or any kidney ailment.

Good job UNG!!!

ungzilla

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2017, 10:37:42 AM »
Thanks dudes! I think I may try a fish oil supplement, it sounds like it's good for joints at the very least, among other things. Still not sold on whey protein stuff, I don't think I can into the protein shake life no matter how good it is for me, haha.

not_ericricks

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2017, 10:48:59 AM »
Thanks dudes! I think I may try a fish oil supplement, it sounds like it's good for joints at the very least, among other things. Still not sold on whey protein stuff, I don't think I can into the protein shake life no matter how good it is for me, haha.

Whey isolate is thin and mixes instantly. You can add it to juice and you wont even know its there.

High dose fish oil is awesome for nutrient partitioning. You'll lose bodyfat and hold more muscle. Its def. Worth it.

And for brain function, heart health, joint health and blood sugar too.

Its one of the only compounds that reduces negative inflammation while promoting positive inflammation.

Also keeps a hang over at bay too lol

Hangovers occure from two main things. Dehydration and lack of healthy fat surrounding the brain. Thats why alcohol makes people crave fatty foods. Your brain is the only organ that functions mainly on fat. When its not sufficiently present. Inflammtion occurs. When your brain turn to glycogen(carbs) for energy, it doesnt function properly and causes alot of weird effects, hyperactivity disorders, anxiety and or depression etc

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2017, 11:46:27 AM »
the older I get, the more I realize how much drinking sucks

doublepeenis

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2017, 12:30:28 PM »
I never got this beefy body stuff? Im tryna be thai kickboxer, deflecting knives of my abs and kicking down trees. Looks like body builder dudes life mission is to lift the heaviest tire.

not_ericricks

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2017, 03:09:51 PM »
I never got this beefy body stuff? Im tryna be thai kickboxer, deflecting knives of my abs and kicking down trees. Looks like body builder dudes life mission is to lift the heaviest tire.

Nah dood, training alone doesnt get you big as fuck. I mentioned it earlier. Most of us just want functional muscles and reduced fatigue, or deflect knives off your abs as you put it.

No skater outside of dompierre trying to get swole lol

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2017, 03:13:52 PM »
Does Domp still skate?

not_ericricks

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2017, 03:21:38 PM »
Does Domp still skate?

If hes on stanozolol id say not often.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2017, 03:56:20 PM »

I'm pretty sure if someone cut you open it would be nothing but unbranded cigarette butts, job applications you never filled out, and farts that usually only come from elderly women.

doublepeenis

« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2017, 04:09:07 PM »
I roll with squadron  baby so watch out your back sfb. I dont want this beef get outta control now. I got a 1000 solders on my call.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTHTHTHTHTHHT - dats the birdcall, thats the last thang you heard before my squad rolls deep on you young playa.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2017, 04:14:49 PM »
nick still skates, he's a personal training and body builder, but post skate clips often, he's still really good, but doesn't get street clips or anything.

not_ericricks

« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2017, 04:17:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm pretty sure if someone cut you open it would be nothing but unbranded cigarette butts, job applications you never filled out, and farts that usually only come from elderly women.

You mean skratched off pill bottles and insulin syringes?

doublepeenis

« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2017, 04:41:18 PM »
Im sober now...hehehe..  farm to table vegan too, do you even know about farm to table?  I have overcome a godamn dazeeze and deserve a medal!

My body is way more buff then the DOMP. I lift like FUCK BRO!

not_ericricks

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2017, 05:04:46 PM »
Im sober now...hehehe..  farm to table vegan too, do you even know about farm to table?  I have overcome a godamn dazeeze and deserve a medal!

My body is way more buff then the DOMP. I lift like FUCK BRO!

Farm to table. Yeah. Im a hunter. Im one up one ya. Stay sober bro. I just took a fun shot at ya but i wish you the best. If what you say is true, thats a fuckin incredible recovery.

Nothing but respect and well wishes ya shit bag

Fuckshit.

« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2017, 05:26:38 PM »
Pretty much the only thing you'll regret once you start getting into fitness and nutrition is not starting earlier, Well it was for me anyway.
And I'm only 21 but once i actually gained an interest is when i realised how shit i was actually eating.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2017, 11:02:38 PM »
I'm not even sure I want to get into this thread/ topic but people on here take whey protein? :o

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2017, 04:58:05 AM »
Just lamo at anyone who wastes money on whey fart powder or any other supplement instead of dedicating a few days to figure out a rock solid diet.

"But I don't have time to cook/ but it's cheaper than.../ but it's easier and quicker than.../ but the pictures of the guys in the advertisements"
just lmao

not_ericricks

« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2017, 05:20:00 AM »
Just lamo at anyone who wastes money on whey fart powder or any other supplement instead of dedicating a few days to figure out a rock solid diet.

"But I don't have time to cook/ but it's cheaper than.../ but it's easier and quicker than.../ but the pictures of the guys in the advertisements"
just lmao

Whey isolate is not a meal replacement at all.

If you were actually educated on the topic you could surely benefit.

Pubmed is your friend if you can read studies

Joe Davola

« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2017, 06:16:15 AM »
Expand Quote

just lmao

[close]

hey thanks for telling me how to get actually educated
brb going to read fitness and nutritional "studies" that weren't actually done on humans and won't ever have replicable results

not_ericricks

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2017, 06:22:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

just lmao

[close]

[close]
hey thanks for telling me how to get actually educated
brb going to read fitness and nutritional "studies" that weren't actually done on humans and won't ever have replicable results

Lol. Live how you want too.

Others will do the same.

Im just wishing everyone good health. You want to hate on that, thats fine.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2017, 07:49:54 AM »
LOL @Joe Davola for being an idiot

shit_for_brains

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2017, 09:35:47 AM »
You know what protein is and what it does for your body don't you crazy joe

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2017, 10:02:39 AM »
the older I get, the more I realize how much drinking sucks

Dude....seriously. I almost don't even enjoy it no more and it always effects the day after which I hate too. I am 35 years old and I swear, the more I see people still drinking at my age, the more I see it just sticking to their bodies. Metabolism is a funny and scary thing. Most of the women I graduated high school look terrible after kids and what not and most of it is cause the don't move a god damn muscle. Almost everyone I know looks like they all gained weight but thankfully I am still on the thinner side but wonder if stuff like drinking will be a downfall for me. I guess you can't really drink tons of beer without it catching up to you.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2017, 10:08:10 AM »
Bunch of old no talent hacks telling me about whey protein

I can wait until you're all fucking dead

Joe Davola

« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2017, 10:10:04 AM »
Sorry. I was out of line. I didn't mean to offended anyone who likes to walk around with a sippy cup full of hardcore, muscle building supplements.