Author Topic: Skate 4 Hype  (Read 46119 times)

Mew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -31
Re: Skate 4 Hype
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2020, 04:12:12 AM »
hopefully its glitchy as hell

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2020, 04:39:57 AM »
Did anyone else here have THPS 2 on mobile?  I used to play it all the time on my old iPhone 4 until I did a software update one day and it stopped working, now it’s not even in the App Store.  By far the best/only mobile skate game worth playing.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2020, 08:46:02 AM »
Noticed a few people mentioning THPS2 mobile, if you have android you could always download the RetroArch app and emulate the PS1 or N64 version of THPS2 which isn't complex at all to do, I imagine any decent phone could run it because I have a crap phone that is still capable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfJSkjxgdV8

masturskater

• Rep: 21
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2020, 11:06:06 AM »
Did anyone else here have THPS 2 on mobile?  I used to play it all the time on my old iPhone 4 until I did a software update one day and it stopped working, now it’s not even in the App Store.  By far the best/only mobile skate game worth playing.
I had THPS2 on my iphone and ipad back in the day. Still have it on the ipad i think. It was pretty good. I remember they scrapped the music tracks probably due to expired rights.

Check out Skater. It's got a steep learning curve. But once you get used to it, it's fun stringing lines together. I hear there are comparable or better ones (think Rad Rat made a vid on this), but I really like it and could spend as much time free skating with it as an EA skate game.

Dresserdrawer

• Rep: 0
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2020, 04:58:15 PM »
Skate 4 was just announced on the EA Play livestream

lordrandall

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: -22
  • Your Uncles Favorite Uncle.
    • tokyo 19xx avatar image
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2020, 04:58:25 PM »
Skate 4 has been just announced by EA.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2020, 07:07:57 PM »
rip any excitement for THPS

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2020, 07:45:23 PM »

hahah right !? It's going to totally overshadow it

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2020, 07:48:08 PM »
Wasn’t looking forward to THPs because that gameplay is dated. Hyped as fuck on Skate 4 though.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2020, 07:57:18 PM »
Wasn’t looking forward to THPs because that gameplay is dated. Hyped as fuck on Skate 4 though.

Same.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80

fakie n0llie

• Rep: -80
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2020, 08:26:16 AM »
How do you kickflip in this game?? I thought it would be easier than real life, now I can't do it in either.

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2020, 04:24:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm still hyped for THPS 1+2. The new skate isn't coming out anytime soon and I will have session and skater xl to hold me over on the sim front until it does. Good time for skateboarding videogames after years of only shitty mobile games

Hombreezy

« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2020, 07:27:25 PM »

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2020, 06:56:01 PM »

Different audiences. The nostalgic fans are still gonna go nuts over it. Not everyone wants a difficult skate simulator — most want an arcade, racing-game-like experience.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2020, 07:20:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I'm still hyped for THPS 1+2. The new skate isn't coming out anytime soon and I will have session and skater xl to hold me over on the sim front until it does. Good time for skateboarding videogames after years of only shitty mobile games

My thoughts exactly, but I also got to admit I'm a bit worried about a sudden oversaturation of skateboarding games.

I just hope THPS 1+2 sells well enough to warrant a remaster of 3 and 4, perhaps even Underground.

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2020, 10:00:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

My thoughts exactly, but I also got to admit I'm a bit worried about a sudden oversaturation of skateboarding games.

I just hope THPS 1+2 sells well enough to warrant a remaster of 3 and 4, perhaps even Underground.
I would be hyped on more TH remasters but you're right to be worried about the saturation. Same thing happened in the late 90s/early 2000s and the only thing to survive was TH and I don't think it will be the same situation this time around. I feel bad for the devs who tried to essentially DIY a new game just for ea to attempt to steal their thunder even though the new skate game isn't even close to release. Essentially trying to tell people "don't buy this, skate is coming...eventually"

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2020, 10:01:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I was *sorta* joking about my original comment, but I do feel like people are being a bit too nostalgic about these remasters. They look nice and it's fun to see that stuff re-imagined, but I would be really surprised if they actually do well enough to warrant a whole new wave of THPS games/remasters. Even if they do it well compared to the LAST couple times they tried to reboot the series, I feel like that gameplay is pretty dated. And that's coming from someone who largely started skating because of those games. But hey, I could be wrong. 

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2020, 10:05:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Different audiences. The nostalgic fans are still gonna go nuts over it. Not everyone wants a difficult skate simulator — most want an arcade, racing-game-like experience.

Plus hawk game is about to be release, skate 4 is in development which means not by christmas

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2021, 07:40:42 PM »
EA announced its newest studio, the Vancouver-based Full Circle, will be the team behind the next Skate game.

https://www.pcgamer.com/ea-reveals-its-new-skate-studio-full-circle/

Lurkey

• Rep: 16
  • LA fool
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2021, 07:55:35 AM »

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2021, 08:56:25 AM »
Need some Pals to apply for and be hired for these jobs so we can get the inside scoop on Skate 4

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2021, 11:25:25 AM »
interesting....

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2021, 02:12:49 PM »
I just got my hands on a PS5. Can't imagine what skate could look like at 4k 60FPS. They could also do some really interesting things with the duel sense.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2021, 06:46:18 AM »
can i be like a licensing consultant or something

I WANNA CHOOSE THE SKATERS AND BRANDS

and YALL WILL HELP TOO

ssNB462

• Rep: -2
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2021, 09:56:22 AM »
My only concerns with a new Skate game is the video game industry is riddled with microtransactions now. In-game currency and battle passes in like every new game(Thanks Fortnite) I hate that greedy BS targeted to make kids gambling addicts lol.

I'll buy regardless though because it's been over 10 years and tbh I hate those new Session/Skater XL type games. Not for me.
Boardfeel is a myth
Come back Adio, we miss you

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1439
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2021, 12:59:22 PM »
My only concerns with a new Skate game is the video game industry is riddled with microtransactions now. In-game currency and battle passes in like every new game(Thanks Fortnite) I hate that greedy BS targeted to make kids gambling addicts lol.

I'll buy regardless though because it's been over 10 years and tbh I hate those new Session/Skater XL type games. Not for me.

In game palace and supreme hoodies are gonna be the same price as irl haha

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2021, 01:02:13 PM »
Wow, just looked and hadn't realized Skate 3 was released in May 2010.

Like others have said, EA is notorious for microtransactions and I suspect we'll need to pay real money if we want DOA boards. I'm hyped either way and will upgrade to a PS5 whenever this comes out.

Surf The Earth

• Rep: 19
« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2021, 01:51:44 PM »
I just hope you can land switch bolts rather than always in fakie
Proverbs 27:17

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2021, 02:38:19 PM »
I'm excited to see what they do for this and I'll probably pick it up either way but if there isn't a substantial upgrade to the controls and gameplay I'll probably be disappointed. After playing this newer, more simulation style games I've found I care much more about how the skating feels then I do the quests or story mode or any of that.

Maybe they could do a classic and a hardcore mode to try to appeal to both crowds
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 04:43:36 PM by Theme For A Jackal »