Author Topic: Skate 4 Hype  (Read 45959 times)

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
Re: Skate 4 Hype
« Reply #180 on: August 12, 2021, 12:42:54 PM »
Yeah the faces in Skate 1 especially looked similar. Love that game (except not being able to walk)
These aren't really the people I would want in the game, but more who I think would be the "right candidates" and why it would work. I would probably be Busenitz, Puig, Sablone, Wilkins & Oskar the most (wow this is hypothetical)
I would be hyped for it.

I almost had Elliot Sloan (for a vert guy) but I don't think Daddy Hawk would be psyched on a Birdhouse guy skating for the opposition's game? If that even matters. But I prefer Wilkins anyway, plus it added Creature AND Lakai.

Oh, I thought of a finale, which would also add fashion to the game too: Dime Glory Challenge
*which could even possibly add Weckingball as a character, lol.

That would be pretty sick. And you could have Kader's drop-in (preferably on Jason Jessee's 5head)

As you can tell, I am excited.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2021, 01:20:50 PM »
Yeah the faces in Skate 1 especially looked similar. Love that game (except not being able to walk)
These aren't really the people I would want in the game, but more who I think would be the "right candidates" and why it would work. I would probably be Busenitz, Puig, Sablone, Wilkins & Oskar the most (wow this is hypothetical)
I would be hyped for it.

I almost had Elliot Sloan (for a vert guy) but I don't think Daddy Hawk would be psyched on a Birdhouse guy skating for the opposition's game? If that even matters. But I prefer Wilkins anyway, plus it added Creature AND Lakai.

Oh, I thought of a finale, which would also add fashion to the game too: Dime Glory Challenge
*which could even possibly add Weckingball as a character, lol.

That would be pretty sick. And you could have Kader's drop-in (preferably on Jason Jessee's 5head)

As you can tell, I am excited.

I'm with you for sure, who would be the dream skate roster for you

Also love the dime glory challenge idea. Would be more fun to skate than black box. The palace park would be sick to skate too
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 01:41:32 PM by DaleSr »

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #182 on: August 13, 2021, 07:59:31 AM »
I'd be hyped on Mwadlands!

I'd like a game that you could edit the era and gear
OR switch modes (eras). 1992, 1997/98, 2003 & current

1992:
D Way, Hawk, Carroll, Sheffey, Duffy, Klein, Speyer, Jovantae, Daewon, Sanchez, Mariano, Lotti, Mullen!
1997/98:
Gall, Lennie Kirk, Gonz, Cardiel, Heath, Burnquist, Wray, Reynolds, Boulala, Greco, Penny, Mullen, Klein, Gino, Mariano
2003:
Marc Johnson, Heath, Reynolds, Greco, Gino, Wenning, Koston, PRod, Arto, Rowley, Thomas, McCrank, Kalis, DWay, Cardiel

Dracula

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2021, 01:50:12 PM »
I think this is going to be set up like an online game sort of like gta online and they just continue to update it and add maps/stories instead of rolling out new games every couple of years

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2021, 10:46:04 PM »
Yeah I’m betting this will be free to play, multiplayer free roam. like load up a match into a lobby with 32 other skaters and its a big old free for all. i would not expect the same things from the previous franchise in terms of story, i think we’ll be seeing a lot of new stuff like battle royale skate-off or something to get the “kids” interested.

i think the game will mostly be supported via micro-transactions for gear and clothes, maybe they’ll release gear in bundles or in season passes. i dont foresee DLC maps being a big thing. that or any throwbacks to san vanelona for that matter.

oh and for the record, EA and the studio which developed the game are not the same. if you want to trash talk the flaws in the franchise, blame EA, it seems the studio tried their best to make it a good value.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #185 on: August 15, 2021, 04:08:46 AM »
I'd be happy with all real pros being paid DLC, because I don't really give a shit and it'd be a good way to put the money in their pockets.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #186 on: August 15, 2021, 05:04:26 PM »
I'd be hyped on Mwadlands!

I'd like a game that you could edit the era and gear
OR switch modes (eras). 1992, 1997/98, 2003 & current

1992:
D Way, Hawk, Carroll, Sheffey, Duffy, Klein, Speyer, Jovantae, Daewon, Sanchez, Mariano, Lotti, Mullen!
1997/98:
Gall, Lennie Kirk, Gonz, Cardiel, Heath, Burnquist, Wray, Reynolds, Boulala, Greco, Penny, Mullen, Klein, Gino, Mariano
2003:
Marc Johnson, Heath, Reynolds, Greco, Gino, Wenning, Koston, PRod, Arto, Rowley, Thomas, McCrank, Kalis, DWay, Cardiel

The classic stuff would be sick but i doubt they're gonna pander to us old farts. Much more likely they try and appeal to the young kids. Breanna being a part of it is huge, but i also had a thought that they should replace Navs with Gravette or Baekkel as the designated creature pro

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #187 on: August 26, 2021, 04:22:07 PM »

Dracula

• Rep: -20
« Reply #188 on: August 29, 2021, 08:10:18 PM »
Anyone able to identify the dudes skating in these promo clips. Brings me nostalgia seeing them continue the theme of skaters with no identity lol

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #189 on: August 30, 2021, 11:15:27 AM »
Anyone able to identify the dudes skating in these promo clips. Brings me nostalgia seeing them continue the theme of skaters with no identity lol

I thought it might be Bobby Worrest but those look like Emericas or something. The style is very Bobby though.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #190 on: August 30, 2021, 02:42:19 PM »
keiran zimmerman filmed by @doyle https://www.instagram.com/kzims/

doyle

• Rep: 210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #191 on: August 31, 2021, 10:05:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
keiran zimmerman filmed by @doyle https://www.instagram.com/kzims/
:)

TD

• Rep: -2
« Reply #192 on: September 20, 2021, 01:03:22 AM »
Skate 4 better be worth the fucking wait

foureyedjim

« Reply #193 on: September 25, 2021, 11:57:41 AM »
After playing skater xl and session, which both have really good ideas in their own ways, it's clear how much of a difference the playing experience is with the backing of a bigger company with more money lol.  I have faith that skate 4 will be good, but it'll take a while to come out for sure.

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 48
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2021, 01:57:10 AM »
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #195 on: September 28, 2021, 06:51:02 AM »
Just started replaying Skate 1. Minus the lack of getting off the board - game is boss. Did a bunch of tricks over the Gonz gap and skated Hubba. Only complaints are : not being able to get off the board and can't get sponsored by Krooked
I think Skate 1 had my favorite "levels" or spots, whatever.
Skate 2 had my favorite roster of pros (adding Cardiel, Puig and MJ !)
Skate 3 had my favorite options (making 4 people for your team is one of them) but I didn't like the spots as much, as the first 2 games.

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 82
« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2021, 07:10:30 AM »
Just started replaying Skate 1. Minus the lack of getting off the board - game is boss. Did a bunch of tricks over the Gonz gap and skated Hubba. Only complaints are : not being able to get off the board and can't get sponsored by Krooked
I think Skate 1 had my favorite "levels" or spots, whatever.
Skate 2 had my favorite roster of pros (adding Cardiel, Puig and MJ !)
Skate 3 had my favorite options (making 4 people for your team is one of them) but I didn't like the spots as much, as the first 2 games.

The maps and in my opinion graphics in skate 1 are the best... Love the physics and hardcore mode of skate 3 tho... But in recent years Ive switched over to Session and there is just no going back... I tried playing Skate 3 again the other day and just couldn't do it... Seriously... Session on hardcore mode is the way to go. It's like Thrasher skate and destroy had a baby with Skate 1... They developers seem a tad... Corny... But if you look past that and just play the game it's so good.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2021, 09:13:59 AM »
Skate 3 will always have my heart.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2021, 10:54:32 AM »
Skate 2 is the best game overall but Skate 1 definitely has the best fits and spots

just wish the physics were on the same level as 2 and 3

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #199 on: September 28, 2021, 11:59:43 AM »
Skate 2 is the best game overall but Skate 1 definitely has the best fits and spots

just wish the physics were on the same level as 2 and 3

But there are so many good spots in 2 as well.
The spot at 0:38 in this is one of my favorites. Shit i might have to track down a copy of skate 2 for the ol 360

https://youtu.be/v0yPVy8dM0c

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #200 on: October 26, 2021, 08:32:09 AM »
I hope they have a hardcore more realistic mode. No berries no caruma no cash grab Scientology skateboard companies

Marv

• Rep: 75
« Reply #201 on: November 15, 2021, 11:29:03 AM »
Skate 2 is just now backwards compatible to play on Xbox One and Series X and S. I’ve been waiting for this for awhile. With improved visuals on series x and s.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #202 on: November 16, 2021, 10:39:39 AM »
Dang. Finna hook that up later. Skate 2 with CArdiel & MJ is awesome

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #203 on: November 16, 2021, 12:19:39 PM »
Yo thanks for the info. I like Skate 2 the most.
IG: @flowterspace

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #204 on: November 16, 2021, 04:18:00 PM »
pulling the xbone out at that news.

anyway im hyperfixated on what the soundtrack is gonna look like. its been a mix of skate video songs and like, run-of-the-mill alternative rock. so here me out: what if they put a dystopia song in it? like Anger Brought By Disease would be topical. Lotties video. My Meds Arent Working was in an Antihero thing right?

What if they put in the Gang Gang Dance song from Cherry. That is actually way more likely.
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #205 on: November 16, 2021, 07:48:25 PM »
I hope they have a hardcore more realistic mode. No berries no caruma no cash grab Scientology skateboard companies
good luck on that last part, you know borra is gonna try to get his grubby little fingers all over that
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Marv

• Rep: 75
« Reply #206 on: November 16, 2021, 09:28:29 PM »
Yo thanks for the info. I like Skate 2 the most.

It’s my favorite too. I hadn’t played any of the Skate games in awhile and I’m rusty as hell right now but it’s good to be playing Skate 2 again.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #207 on: November 17, 2021, 07:53:32 AM »
Installed Skate 2 last night and played enough missions to get to BLAOW!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn6LXC0TaFo

Did this to unlock Cardiel, so I could free skate the fuck outta the place with Cards.

Love this game! Will unlock MJ tonight probably

CaptainBushwacker

• Rep: 13
« Reply #208 on: December 01, 2021, 09:35:41 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inXnD2eZytM

Recorded the footage on a PS3 emulator. Mindblowing that it can be emulated pretttty-prettty good already.

Replay editor was fucked tho, any tips from the OG-s on how to make it work better? Using the filmer pack dlc too.

Edit: oh yeah super hyped on skate 4 too, pretty burnt on Skater XL and Project Session both.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #209 on: December 02, 2021, 01:49:45 PM »
Yeah it kinda sucks how XL is just unfinished and kinda shit and session has blown its load before it’s finished. Not interested in either till they’re ‘finished’