Author Topic: Skate 4 Hype  (Read 45973 times)

Jordan Wiens

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 48
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
Re: Skate 4 Hype
« Reply #210 on: December 03, 2021, 11:11:31 AM »
will probably always have to rely on modders for what you want. thats why XL on PC is the best out of all of them
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #211 on: February 09, 2022, 12:35:47 PM »
apparently Skate 4 is coming really soon and will support "user generated content"

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/skate-4-is-launching-soon-and-will-support-user-generated-content-3154528

glad they decided to allow mods and what not on console unlike Skater XL (still havent played because i know the console version is buns)
will definitely be pre ordering as soon as they announce
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -70
« Reply #212 on: February 16, 2022, 05:34:11 PM »
apparently Skate 4 is coming really soon and will support "user generated content"

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/skate-4-is-launching-soon-and-will-support-user-generated-content-3154528

glad they decided to allow mods and what not on console unlike Skater XL (still havent played because i know the console version is buns)

Don't think you'll have to.pre order,   rumor has it the game is free.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #213 on: February 16, 2022, 08:25:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It would make sense for it to be free. They can then charge for every little detail. Boards kits shit even bushings. I want to see how they handle controls.After playing XL and Session I still like Skates controls best.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #214 on: February 17, 2022, 01:25:39 AM »
I will NEVER play a free to play game. I hope it's not the case, but because it's EA it's probably true. Oh well.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #215 on: February 17, 2022, 05:47:04 AM »
As it's EA i wouldn't be surprised at a pay-to-play model to get all the content, they love that shit.

Although this is one game i'd happily pay whatever for, still play skate 1 and 3 on the series X fairly regularly.

CanadianBacon

« Reply #216 on: February 17, 2022, 10:53:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It would make sense for it to be free. They can then charge for every little detail. Boards kits shit even bushings. I want to see how they handle controls.After playing XL and Session I still like Skates controls best.

I'm the opposite.  If they don't use the same controls as session, i won't play it.  It takes awhile to get used to the new controls,  but once you do , you cant go back.    You can make every kickflip look different.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2022, 02:24:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Fuckin EAlarm bells right here…. Cunts are gonna gouge for DLC / paywalled shit.

CanadianBacon

« Reply #218 on: February 18, 2022, 09:38:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Fuckin EAlarm bells right here…. Cunts are gonna gouge for DLC / paywalled shit.

Definitely!!!   But at least you can still play the game for free.  I spend too much money on fornite for the kids , I'm gonna havr to be a basic ass looking skin in Skate 4

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #219 on: February 18, 2022, 10:07:14 AM »
Wonder if its going to be anything like the old ones? I like that EMB is in SkaterXL but I can't get used to the controls because I play too much SKATE and THPS. I would be hyped if I knew (or had the time) to make levels, so I could make ye olde Powell Skate Zone and pretend I'm Wade Speyer

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2022, 03:40:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Gotta pay when you make your skater -

Board: $55; $65 if it's an FA board
Trucks: $50/set
Bearings: $55 for Bones Swiss
Wheels: $45 F4 Spitfires
Grip: Free; $10 if Shake Junt
Bolts: Free - because we're not complete assholes

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #221 on: March 07, 2022, 03:21:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Gotta pay when you make your skater -

Board: $55; $65 if it's an FA board
Trucks: $50/set
Bearings: $55 for Bones Swiss
Wheels: $45 F4 Spitfires
Grip: Free; $10 if Shake Junt
Bolts: Free - because we're not complete assholes
There’ll be a tightening your bolts mini game, but you can also pay $20 to get the silver tool dlc and it skips it.

hotstudios_on_youtube

• Rep: -65
  • ???
« Reply #222 on: March 07, 2022, 11:03:15 PM »
do you think skate will adapt a VC like 2k does it already I never played online

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #223 on: March 12, 2022, 07:09:17 AM »
I will NEVER play a free to play game. I hope it's not the case, but because it's EA it's probably true. Oh well.

Same goes for me, but I cant continue living without Skate4 if the release it. I have never ever preordered a game, but that might be the first one to do so

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #224 on: March 13, 2022, 10:17:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same goes for me, but I cant continue living without Skate4 if the release it. I have never ever preordered a game, but that might be the first one to do so

Why? Not like copies are gonna run out...

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #225 on: March 14, 2022, 07:04:02 AM »
Because it took EA so long to release Skate4

I dont play much other games besides Skater Xl or Skate, so I highly appreciate another Skate game

But I doubt they will release it during the first half of this year

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #226 on: March 14, 2022, 10:02:22 AM »
Because it took EA so long to release Skate4

I dont play much other games besides Skater Xl or Skate, so I highly appreciate another Skate game

But I doubt they will release it during the first half of this year
if it does come out this year i predict they will release around the holidays to get as much money as they can
- Crailtap

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #227 on: April 21, 2022, 06:48:21 AM »
Some preAlpha footage

https://hypebeast.com/2022/4/electronic-arts-skate-4-pre-alpha-gameplay-footage-leak

Looks like they found the weak point with Session and XL: no ones doing front flip hippy jumps

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #228 on: April 21, 2022, 08:06:44 AM »
So that confirms they’re leaning into YouTuber dipshits rather than skaters

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #229 on: April 21, 2022, 12:53:02 PM »
So that confirms they’re leaning into YouTuber dipshits rather than skaters
was really hoping they wouldnt do this but since they included all the youtube fucks and people that have nothing to do with skating in that first commercial i guess it was bound to happen  :-\
- Crailtap

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #230 on: April 22, 2022, 03:02:10 AM »
Mandatory meme
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #231 on: April 22, 2022, 03:17:12 AM »
Is Thrasher still involved with Skate 4? Is there a list of companies yet?

Seems like it will just be more bullshit Hall of Meat and other hijinx to fill out a game which, since it's online, will surely have no story at all.

I think it might suck.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #232 on: April 22, 2022, 06:28:43 AM »

I mean if all maps and major content are free and it's just cosmetics they charge for then that's totally fine with me but knowing EA it won't be the case

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #233 on: April 22, 2022, 09:48:18 AM »
This is just sad...

phlap

• Rep: 6
« Reply #234 on: April 27, 2022, 08:53:40 AM »
Some preAlpha footage

https://hypebeast.com/2022/4/electronic-arts-skate-4-pre-alpha-gameplay-footage-leak

Looks like they found the weak point with Session and XL: no ones doing front flip hippy jumps

More disappointed that they're still mis-labelling Nollie 360 Shoves.

Shit was Backside.
-Summer of George-

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #235 on: May 02, 2022, 11:54:16 AM »
they need to take a page from skater XL/session and give us NYC, SF, and an international map. no one wants to skate san vanelona anymore. we want realistic shit
- Crailtap

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #236 on: May 02, 2022, 12:29:14 PM »
they need to take a page from skater XL/session and give us NYC, SF, and an international map. no one wants to skate san vanelona anymore. we want realistic shit

Hard disagree, there are some great spots in san van

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #237 on: May 02, 2022, 12:41:21 PM »
Since covid, a lot of video games have been blowing it, especially big name titles (elden ring being the exception)

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #238 on: May 02, 2022, 02:27:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hard disagree, there are some great spots in san van
to me those spots feel kinda dated. what spots people skate and the way they skate them have changed. wouldnt mind if they updated san van but give us some realistic spots
- Crailtap

Salad farmer

• Rep: 21
« Reply #239 on: May 02, 2022, 03:11:45 PM »
do you think skate will adapt a VC like 2k does it already I never played online

I really hope they don't do anything like 2k with VC. Myteam in 2k is one of the greediest money grabs in all of video games. People literally spend thousands on packs. They have a monopoly on one of the 3 most popular sports in the world and it really shows in how lazy they are not fixing things that have been broken for 3+ years. I have made a decent amount of money selling MT this year though.