Author Topic: Skate 4 Hype  (Read 46000 times)

burm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
Re: Skate 4 Hype
« Reply #450 on: April 24, 2023, 12:38:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
First skate video game to incorporate slappys?

I don't like how "style" is mentioned as an unlock-able/paywalled cosmetic. They could have mob flips default in order to get your credit card details.

Hard to imagine going back after playing with Session controls but if it's FTP of course I'll give it a go
[close]
In Skater XL you can do slappys in some custom levels at least
[close]

Session is decent too when you adjust the low pop height
I know this is the wrong thread but since you mentioned it, I was having a blast low popping into grinds at first but then I unlocked the pressure flips and now I cannot low pop anymore, it just does a pressure flips 99% of the time. Is there something I’m not getting here?
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #451 on: April 24, 2023, 01:49:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
First skate video game to incorporate slappys?

I don't like how "style" is mentioned as an unlock-able/paywalled cosmetic. They could have mob flips default in order to get your credit card details.

Hard to imagine going back after playing with Session controls but if it's FTP of course I'll give it a go
[close]
In Skater XL you can do slappys in some custom levels at least
[close]

Session is decent too when you adjust the low pop height
[close]
I know this is the wrong thread but since you mentioned it, I was having a blast low popping into grinds at first but then I unlocked the pressure flips and now I cannot low pop anymore, it just does a pressure flips 99% of the time. Is there something I’m not getting here?

You might be holding the right stick down at an angle without meaning to? That's all I can think of.

Also for those wanting to do slappies in Session you can turn on lip tricks in the experimental section, which lets you do lip tricks/ride-on grinds when you do either of these inputs:

Down on the right stick and up on the left stick at the same time or,
Initiate a powerslide and adjust it based on how you want to approach something or which foot you want to put weight on

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 70
« Reply #452 on: June 22, 2023, 04:27:36 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9gAlobY9dg

Tbh it doesnt look great. EA gonna ruin another game?

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #453 on: June 23, 2023, 05:22:38 AM »
to be fair, it's looked dogshit from day dot.  Just a sandbox fuck around game, which on its own will be fun to play with my kid.  But as a skate game, just dogshit.

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 201
« Reply #454 on: June 23, 2023, 08:16:12 AM »

lol. this looks more like fortnite than a skate game....jumping from buildings and doing grinds on the top of trucks. hahaha

changed1

« Reply #455 on: June 25, 2023, 09:55:09 AM »
It looks so floaty. Like doing tricks on the moon. Skate 3 was like that too but it wasn’t this bad.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #456 on: June 26, 2023, 12:20:37 PM »
trying to be optimistic that of course they're going to advertise the ability to gap around buildings like spiderman but if you don't want to skate like that then you can hopefully have a good experience skating realistically. Some of those clips looked pretty decent.  I have 0 expectations for this game anyway so if it's in any way fun at all i'll take it.  Skate 3 was the end of the legacy no matter what.

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 48
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #457 on: July 31, 2023, 07:32:44 PM »
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #458 on: August 09, 2023, 08:24:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

lol. this looks more like fortnite than a skate game....jumping from buildings and doing grinds on the top of trucks. hahaha

You could do that in Skate 2 and 3, though

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #459 on: August 12, 2023, 03:03:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You could do that in Skate 2 and 3, though

I only played 1 and 2 before my Xbox died. In my memory , it was pretty realistic compared to THPS. Don’t remember grinding on the top of trucks, but remember jumping off buildings though.

But this is so long ago, I might not remember correctly and nostalgia fogs my memory

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #460 on: August 17, 2023, 03:04:30 PM »
they mention how they were inspired by rowans mcslappy video when working on slappies for the game. honestly after this update i have a little more faith that us realistic players will enjoy this new game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZTUXMAPmxw
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

changed1

« Reply #461 on: August 17, 2023, 06:23:25 PM »
they mention how they were inspired by rowans mcslappy video when working on slappies for the game. honestly after this update i have a little more faith that us realistic players will enjoy this new game
Dont kid yourself. Look at the gameplay clips. Looks like skating on moon gravity.

3:12
the devs don’t even know what a boned ollie is lol

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 191
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #462 on: August 17, 2023, 10:49:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Dont kid yourself. Look at the gameplay clips. Looks like skating on moon gravity.

3:12
the devs don’t even know what a boned ollie is lol

6:05
The description of a slappy isn't quite correct either

Regardless, skate. looks like a game I will play the fuck out of

as long as they don't fully shit the bed

ThomasShitt

« Reply #463 on: August 20, 2023, 12:39:23 PM »
dissapointing that the gameplay looks downgraded from previous games. like as if the world is moving around the skater and the character is just posing for the trick

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -453
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #464 on: August 24, 2023, 08:33:11 AM »
Just bought a copy of skate 3 of Amazon for the low. Haven’t played it in over a decade, been playing skater xl for years at this point. Not even enjoyable anymore. What a piece of shit that game was

ssbsminotti

• Rep: -8
« Reply #465 on: September 29, 2023, 05:19:02 AM »
dissapointing that the gameplay looks downgraded from previous games. like as if the world is moving around the skater and the character is just posing for the trick

Look is one thing, feel is another. Long time skate fan since 07, the pre alpha of the new one felt great to play, and the physics felt more realistic than the previous 3. I can assure you the gameplay is upgraded.

artskool

• Rep: 30
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #466 on: September 29, 2023, 08:25:56 AM »
My friend sent me a Design Director job on skate 4 the other day. They should put that you have to have at least a decade on the slap message boards to even be considered.

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #467 on: September 29, 2023, 09:56:32 AM »
The actual feel and animations are way better than the past three games. As well as the new features (wallies, slappies, firecrackers, new no complys). The pre alpha playtest that just wrapped up has me feeling more confident about the game mechanically.  And the parkour is actually fun as hell if you just wanna fuck around, I can’t wait to see the Ninja Warrior courses people make for it. The biggest gripes are the online only/lootbox system for getting gear. The playtest would stutter at certain spots due to it running on a server which takes some of the air out of it. But I think it’ll be fun, just ridden with modern gaming bullshit.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

doyle

• Rep: 210
« Reply #468 on: September 29, 2023, 10:11:10 AM »
My friend sent me a Design Director job on skate 4 the other day. They should put that you have to have at least a decade on the slap message boards to even be considered.

I can assure you that there are many slap posters/lurkers that are already working on Skate 4.

artskool

« Reply #469 on: September 30, 2023, 02:30:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I can assure you that there are many slap posters/lurkers that are already working on Skate 4.

I imagine/hope you're right. I have been an art/design director on multiple AAA games before though, so am pretty well credentialed for this gig. Not to imply that other lurkers aren't as well!

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #470 on: October 02, 2023, 07:20:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I imagine/hope you're right. I have been an art/design director on multiple AAA games before though, so am pretty well credentialed for this gig. Not to imply that other lurkers aren't as well!

Get the job and tell em to fuckin quit it with the lootboxes and always online dogshit

artskool

« Reply #471 on: October 02, 2023, 09:18:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Get the job and tell em to fuckin quit it with the lootboxes and always online dogshit

Oh man, that sounds terrible. Maybe I should just volunteer to work on Session instead. There's a lot of low hanging fruit on that project that would really make it a better experience overall. Such a cool passion project, but you can tell the team went into it without a lot of experience.

Think it's possible in this day and age to make a game that appeals to the Slap world, and the THPS meets Fortnite market that it sounds like the skate 4 team is looking to tap?

Marv

• Rep: 75
« Reply #472 on: December 21, 2023, 07:00:47 PM »

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #473 on: December 22, 2023, 12:15:20 AM »
https://youtu.be/iXdQp0fmhCE?si=OWu6NQZBhGVZQr4M

That was a little too much patting yourself On-The-Go back for my taste. But since it’s a marketing video, it was obvious in what kind of direction this moves. Still can’t get my excitement for this franchise up again

Switch360flip

• Rep: 17
« Reply #474 on: January 05, 2024, 12:53:19 PM »

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #475 on: January 06, 2024, 05:38:45 PM »
This has been in pre pre pre pre pre pre alpha for three years now. I know game development is very time consuming but Jesus if you’re adding Christmas content to the playtest and talking about a mobile port you’d think they’re at least in alpha state by now. I guarantee GTA VI drops before Skate.

Marv

• Rep: 75
« Reply #476 on: January 30, 2024, 08:21:26 PM »
I guess you can play test it at the link

https://www.ea.com/games/skate/insider-playtest-registration

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #477 on: January 31, 2024, 08:10:21 AM »
This has been in pre pre pre pre pre pre alpha for three years now. I know game development is very time consuming but Jesus if you’re adding Christmas content to the playtest and talking about a mobile port you’d think they’re at least in alpha state by now. I guarantee GTA VI drops before Skate.

Newest rumor from Twitter leakers is fiscal year 2026 release date

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #478 on: February 01, 2024, 07:40:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just fell to my knees in Walmart

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #479 on: February 12, 2024, 10:53:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Just fell to my knees in Walmart

I could be mistaken but didn’t they almost explicitly say 2025?
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”