Author Topic: Calexit, yes or no  (Read 3364 times)

TheDraught

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Calexit, yes or no
« on: January 29, 2017, 09:15:01 AM »
Discuss.

biggums mcgee

• Rep: 14
Re: Calexit, yes or no
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 11:44:45 AM »
Nah, the rest of the country needs your leadership. And electoral votes.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 11:47:22 AM »
not going to happen but would be great if it did.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 11:58:13 AM »
No. I am a fan of breaking up the state though, Northern, Southern, and the hill people can start Jefferson like they've been wanting.
you never know about pre-cum 

shark tits

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 12:02:48 PM »
ricky oyola predicted this via graphic in the 90s. all his predictions are coming true, behold the pale wallride.
once i was trying to find my kid and i ended up at the alamo. when texas was a country, texas citizens were referred to as 'texians'. now that they're just a state they've been stripped of the 'i' that made them individuals and are part of the sauce that is texas.
did you know the alamo doesn't have a basement?
back to calexit, i think it's good, see also massachexit, texit, rhode exit, ohexit, louisiexit, connexit, new yexit and so on. decentralize power, each have our own militia but get rid of the imperial one that goes into other countries, pillages and brands the resistance 'terrorists'. no more big government, just local ones that talk to their neighbors. sorry for the red states who depended on federal money but it will all come out in the warsh.

doublepeenis

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 12:21:58 PM »
Is this a idealistic thing? Or is there actual benefit? Is California being salty or spicy?

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 12:27:29 PM »
Having lived in Colorado and Montana, I wouldn't mind a ban on California citizens, at least the rich ones

But CA needs the other states (trade, resources, tourists, etc) and maybe the national govt, and since Trump would retaliate, on their own it's probably imprudent. If they could get Oregon and Washington to join, then fur sure.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 12:29:45 PM by 4LOM »

ledgendary

• Rep: 2
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 12:48:34 PM »
ricky oyola predicted this via graphic in the 90s. all his predictions are coming true, behold the pale wallride.
once i was trying to find my kid and i ended up at the alamo. when texas was a country, texas citizens were referred to as 'texians'. now that they're just a state they've been stripped of the 'i' that made them individuals and are part of the sauce that is texas.
back to calexit, i think it's good, see also massachexit, texit, rhode exit, ohexit, louisiexit, connexit, new yexit and so on. decentralize power, each have our own militia but get rid of the imperial one that goes into other countries, pillages and brands the resistance 'terrorists'. no more big government, just local ones that talk to their neighbors. sorry for the red states who depended on federal money but it will all come out in the warsh.
Would like to see this.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 12:58:35 PM »
Expand Quote
No. I am a fan of breaking up the state though, Northern, Southern, and the hill people can start Jefferson like they've been wanting.
[close]

I was just reading about this.  I only had a pretty base level knowledge, more or less that the idea had been floated.  It's pretty interesting stuff and I could see breaking it up into smaller states happening down the line as opposed to the state becoming a separate country.
Last year some tech industry kook was floating around an 6 state break up, pretty excessive. Jefferson has been kicked around for a while, and it makes sense that the people living in these counties are so far removed from the bay area and LA, politically and geographically, let them go.
http://www.soj51.net/

And the U.S. needs California far more than we need it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:04:25 PM by Level 60 Dwarf Paladin »

shark tits

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 01:05:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I was just reading about this.  I only had a pretty base level knowledge, more or less that the idea had been floated.  It's pretty interesting stuff and I could see breaking it up into smaller states happening down the line as opposed to the state becoming a separate country.
[close]
Last year some tech industry kook was floating around an 8 state break up, pretty excessive. Jefferson has been kicked around for a while, and it makes sense that the people living in these counties are so far removed from the bay area and LA, politically and geographically, let them go.

i'm pretty sure socal would dry up w/out america's water. colorado is taking it's ball [river] home.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2017, 01:16:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Last year some tech industry kook was floating around an 8 state break up, pretty excessive. Jefferson has been kicked around for a while, and it makes sense that the people living in these counties are so far removed from the bay area and LA, politically and geographically, let them go.

[close]
i'm pretty sure socal would dry up w/out america's water. colorado is taking it's ball [river] home.
Yeah, that whole region is going to die eventually anyway, and they can continue to buy it, but it would also force their hand in adapting. I like that idea of a north/south split as well.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 01:31:04 PM »
Is California " of the grid "  ? Do they have enough water and electricity to make it on their own ? The Rest of the US could also fuck with California as much as they want. Huge import and export taxes on everything from movies to food produce.

Everything on trucks and train might be taxed 2 times. From the origin country , then through the USA. And then people needing VISAs maybe to visit family again depending on how mad the rest of the USA got on Cali.

biggums mcgee

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 02:00:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Would like to see this.

I could see NY breaking up into different states before Cali. Maybe all of New England should consolidate, too. Or give the Portland area back to Mass and let Maine and New Brunswick merge

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 02:14:03 PM »
Is California " of the grid "  ? Do they have enough water and electricity to make it on their own ? The Rest of the US could also fuck with California as much as they want. Huge import and export taxes on everything from movies to food produce.

Everything on trucks and train might be taxed 2 times. From the origin country , then through the USA. And then people needing VISAs maybe to visit family again depending on how mad the rest of the USA got on Cali.
Everything from Asia comes through California through the port of LA or Oakland. Mexico shares a border.

not_ericricks

• Rep: -65
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 02:16:25 PM »

Yep.

If it happened(which I dont think will ever happen), California IMO would be in bad shape very quickly.
I stand one step above you like a pharmacist

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 716
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 03:15:11 PM »
it was one of the best future's as imagined by nerds in the 80s (shadowrun) but minus the return of the mt. shasta dragon in 2012 i just don't see it happening

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 06:11:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yep.

If it happened(which I dont think will ever happen), California IMO would be in bad shape very quickly.
They have the sixth largest economy in the world. They'll be just fine.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

GinosGroceries

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 06:20:34 PM »
It should have a catchier name than "Calexit." It just doesn't roll off the tongue.

Can you imagine if Texas was thinking of seceding? #TEXIT"
 Now there's a hashtag!

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2017, 07:36:28 PM »
Secedifornia?

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2017, 07:43:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if hollywood could be it's own state their age of consent would probably be 8 or 9

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2017, 07:47:23 PM »
The California Republic flag is ridiculous, there are NO GRIZZLY BEARS IN CALIFORNIA (or Memphis)

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2017, 07:48:38 PM »
Having lived in Colorado and Montana, I wouldn't mind a ban on California citizens, at least the rich ones

But CA needs the other states (trade, resources, tourists, etc) and maybe the national govt, and since Trump would retaliate, on their own it's probably imprudent. If they could get Oregon and Washington to join, then fur sure.

I don't think the Cascadia movement would be down

http://www.cascadianow.org/
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

not_ericricks

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2017, 07:49:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is California " of the grid "� ? Do they have enough water and electricity to make it on their own ? The Rest of the US could also fuck with California as much as they want. Huge import and export taxes on everything from movies to food produce.

[close]

Yep.

[close]

Its not that easy bro. Their economy also realize heavely on federal funding. Why is that?

California is a welfare state. Rich or poor, the inbetween is minority.

Also, if they successfully succeed, imagine the costs associated with new government, military etc.

Things dont just stay the same if they leave. Its a MASSIVE CHANGE with MASSIVE implications.

Would they be in NATO or recognized by the UN? Who would they be aligned with???

Im not really for, or against it.

But you dont just succeed and shit goes on as normal

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2017, 08:34:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is California " of the grid "� ? Do they have enough water and electricity to make it on their own ? The Rest of the US could also fuck with California as much as they want. Huge import and export taxes on everything from movies to food produce.

[close]

Yep.

[close]

[close]

Their economy also realize heavely on federal funding. Why is that?

California is a welfare state.

this is absolutely wrong. california gives far more to the federal government then it receives. it is among the 17 that support the other 32 welfare states (rhode island breaks even). welfare states are overwhelmingly conservative.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 08:36:42 PM by Iceman »

not_ericricks

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2017, 08:43:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Yep.

[close]

[close]

[close]
this is absolutely wrong. california gives far more to the federal government then it receives. it is among the 17 that support the other 32 welfare states (rhode island breaks even). welfare states are overwhelmingly conservative.

Link to actual information?

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2017, 09:19:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Yep.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Link to actual information?
bottom right of the image...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 09:33:28 PM by Iceman »

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2017, 09:31:49 PM »
It'd be cool to be able to call my hoard of "stepsister caught coming home drunk" porns a foreign film collection

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2017, 10:54:35 AM »
Interesting. Nationwide movement to follow? For you know, more democratic states like washington and Oregon? That'll be interesting.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

biggums mcgee

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2017, 06:54:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Yep.

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lil old Rhode Island always doing right by everyone

WantSomeSlaw

• Rep: -26
  • bohica
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2017, 09:30:21 AM »
no
Shit could be worse