Author Topic: New Ishod Nike Series 1 of 3: Dunk  (Read 2780 times)

thebacker

New Ishod Nike Series 1 of 3: Dunk
« on: February 01, 2017, 12:45:22 PM »

5inchDick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Ishod Nike Series 1 of 3: Dunk
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 02:03:03 PM »
ITS TRULY TRAGIC HOW BAD EDITING AND OVER FILMING CAN MAKE AMAZING/GNARLY SHIT BORING AND STALE

ANYWAY DUDES SICK AS FUCK

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 02:07:05 PM »
I don't know if it was the frame rate or the style of filming, but that hurt my eyes watching. The tricks were rad, but I don't know what was going on with my retinas.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Babby

• Rep: 39
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 02:13:37 PM »
SB dropping the ball.

micky682

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 03:05:49 PM »
That colorway is so good, but the Ishod Dunk was one of the weirdest feeling shoes I ever put on.

Rudie Weatherman

• Rep: 4
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 03:29:06 PM »
There's lots of well-rounded guys but Ishod is the best all terrain skater today.

Hannity

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 03:30:59 PM »
I don't know if it was the frame rate or the style of filming, but that hurt my eyes watching. The tricks were rad, but I don't know what was going on with my retinas.
if it's not filmed with either a VX or an HVX/px nowadays, i'm not feeling it

shred42O

• Rep: -10
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 05:11:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
if it's not filmed with either a VX or an HVX/px nowadays, i'm not feeling it

that was all HVX/px footage.. just looks like they put 60fps footage into a 24fps project

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Black Mesa avatar image
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 06:11:19 PM »
definitely some 24p something going on. 

goddamn he's so sick though.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 10:19:48 PM »
Dude flows like water ,his style is getting smoother and smoother

StinkyLarry

• Rep: -42
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 05:48:00 AM »
Why slow down Elevators even more? it's already a slow song using the original would be way better. And ya gotta agree with the weird editing here Ive never been a fan of cutting a clip mid trick.

Ishod rips still

frontsideindy

• Rep: -122
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 06:09:30 AM »
Ishod is a skate goat, no discussion needet.
But what's going on with Nike from Hernandez
and best filming to that... they shoud have enough
Money to find someone filming and editing in a proper
way.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 06:28:05 AM »
It was fine to me.  It's just a commercial jeezus

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 06:37:58 AM »
That colorway is so good, but the Ishod Dunk was one of the weirdest feeling shoes I ever put on.
I have the white leather pair and swapped the insole with a normal zoom dunk insole, and it felt way better. Still worse than normal dunks.
I think Nike blew it with their new insoles on the hyperfeel/IW dunks. The fit is bad.

bo golden

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 07:29:08 AM »
so tired of hearing "great skating, but the filming was lame."  go to film school or whatever and do better you bunch of whiny fucks.

i need to put this in the "things that need to go away in 2017" thread also.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 07:46:53 AM »
1-3 shoes or 1-3 videos?

Hannity

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 07:56:20 AM »
i'm hoping another colorway is pt2 and a legit clip is part 3

Aleksi

• Rep: -2
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 09:52:33 AM »
I wonder if this is anyway related to that upcoming Ishod-Grant-Cory nikevideo, that was mentioned in Thrasher.
Parts 2 and 3 being Cory n Grant commercials, which leads to bigger video including all of them.
Chop chop!

weaselhead

• Rep: 36
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 10:41:31 AM »
I personally liked it, but can see how people might not... the progressive 24fps choice was something different at least. I feel like nike at this point is specifically trying not to get a "proper" or traditional filmer and has been paying a bunch of different dudes to create a variety of feelings for their videos in a way to "spread the field" and "cover all the bases". In a way they're putting a "full court press" on the skateboard demographic...                            :D

« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 10:55:54 AM by weaselhead »
I heard it today, "make money, buy sandwiches".

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 11:20:56 AM »
The clips of him skating were probably all filmed 24fps but the filler shots (hill bomb, phone in hand) shots look like they were filmed at the same frame rate but maybe scaled down to 15fps and slo-moed. Not sure what the point was and not sure if it was really necessary...
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 11:49:53 AM »
so tired of hearing "great skating, but the filming was lame."  go to film school or whatever and do better you bunch of whiny fucks.

SHUT YOUR BITCH MADE MOUTH

GO TAKE YOUR GAY ASS TO A FUCKIN ART SCHOOL AND DO SOMETHING WITH YA LIFE BITCH

weaselhead

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 11:59:29 AM »
The clips of him skating were probably all filmed 24fps but the filler shots (hill bomb, phone in hand) shots look like they were filmed at the same frame rate but maybe scaled down to 15fps and slo-moed. Not sure what the point was and not sure if it was really necessary...

Speaking of art skool... total over-analysis, and probably off topic, inaccurate, and obvious, but to h00man, most of those supplemental shots looked to me like they were filmed with a different camera (black magic?), perhaps multiple cameras. The change of speed and possibly frame rate added a bit of diversity into it in my opinion, I thought they were nice. The phone in hand shot was funny to me, did you see ishod's face in the phone? Seemed like goofball Ishod to me. I dunno, having a justification for second long supplemental slow motion clips in a minute-long skatepark roadtrip snippet seems slightly redundant to me, but even so I feel like those filler shots showed the different experiences of the trip other than just skatepark transitions, and did so with a slight variance in appearance, highlighting and differentiating those clips from the rest.

Edit: perhaps you're saying the skating spoke for itself and you would have preferred the edit without them?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:14:44 PM by weaselhead »

bo golden

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 12:15:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

HA! I knew you were gonna reply!  You're awesome man!

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 12:17:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Speaking of art skool... total over-analysis, and probably off topic, inaccurate, and obvious, but to h00man, most of those supplemental shots looked to me like they were filmed with a different camera (black magic?), perhaps multiple cameras. The change of speed and possibly frame rate added a bit of diversity into it in my opinion, I thought they were nice. The phone in hand shot was funny to me, did you see ishod's face in the phone? Seemed like goofball Ishod to me. I dunno, having a justification for second long supplemental slow motion clips in a minute-long skatepark roadtrip snippet seems slightly redundant to me, but even so I feel like those filler shots showed the different experiences of the trip other than just skatepark transitions, and did so with a slight variance in appearance, highlighting and differentiating those clips from the rest.

Edit: perhaps you're saying the skating spoke for itself and you would have preferred the edit without them?

I'm not an expert in filming or anything, just an analysis of what I saw. But in terms of the filler shots, its just a different opinion thing. If you liked it, then that's awesome. I found it kinda weird and didn't flow to well, but that's just me. The skating did speak for itself and I thought there was no need for it. But I guess you gotta add some spice to make it sparkle more.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

bo golden

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2017, 12:33:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i love how mother fuckers, like yourself, talk mad shit on here behind a fake name!  you are such a puss!  go jack off to your little forrest edwards pic there buddy.

weaselhead

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2017, 04:44:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm not an expert in filming or anything, just an analysis of what I saw. But in terms of the filler shots, its just a different opinion thing. If you liked it, then that's awesome. I found it kinda weird and didn't flow to well, but that's just me. The skating did speak for itself and I thought there was no need for it. But I guess you gotta add some spice to make it sparkle more.

I hear ya. It's funny, call me crazy 917, but one thing I've noticed about how I interpret flow and timing in videos is that it relates pretty closely to both my mental state and the kind of videos that I've been watching recently...anyone else feel like this?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2017, 05:50:58 PM »
The song and editing stoked me right out.

Ishod is unreal
Gentleman ninja warlock

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2017, 07:17:59 PM »
Flows like water indeed!
So stoked to see him push himself and progress so much in skating transition. It's crazy.
One of the greatest skateboarders of all time.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 430
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2017, 10:45:09 PM »
Flows like water indeed!
So stoked to see him push himself and progress so much in skating transition. It's crazy.
One of the greatest skateboarders of all time.

All this. He's reached 96-97 Tom Penny level.

mothafuckinOG

• Rep: -3
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2017, 09:58:10 AM »
fuck he's sick