Author Topic: Marc Johnson on the nine club...  (Read 24717 times)

DISTANT RUMOURS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
Re: Marc Johnson on the nine club...
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2017, 02:28:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The living check to check this is kinda fucked, i guess none of these dudes saved a dollar they made back in the day. When he had his Emerica shoe he was probaly making anywhere from 250 grand a year to about half a million, i know taxes eat a lot of that up, but at some point everyone on a major shoe company was making a lot of money. He was also a major pro in late 90's early 2000s when all the big companies were killing it overseas before 9/11. I also understand most of the pros from that era purchased house during the housing bubble but thats still a bad finacial decision on their part.
[close]

To quote CROB: This fuckin' guy...

Where are you getting this number from?
[close]

There's been many interviews with pros that during the height of the golden years, monthly checks off shoe royalties would be 10, 20, 30 thousand a month. Sumner's shoe on Adio once had a royalty check of 300k for one month. Obviously that's quite rare, but I don't think it's out of the question to think he was making 250k-500k a year for at least several years.

Like I said before, I'm not denying he might be living paycheck to paycheck, but I don't feel sympathy for his little rant about providing for his kid as an excuse to go to Adidas. There's tons of pros with families and no shoe sponsors and suck it up by doing other gigs on the side to make ends meet.

I don't care he rides for Adidas and glad he's hooked up because I do think he's one of the greatest skaters ever and one of my favorites, but I just wish there was more talk where he admitted he was in the wrong. It just felt very mentally scripted when the chat shifted gears.

Maybe he needs to have a talk with Khakis to diversify his bonds...
[close]
Why should Marc tough it out with a second job to wait it out for a company that isn't paying him for 7 months so they can dump his product because they can't afford to live up to their contract. Who knows if Adidas would wait it out for him? No one has given Crailtap more in the way of footage since he got on, the guy worked his ass off.

I feel bad for Rick and Mike that their life's work might be falling apart, but that doesn't absolve them from shorting MJ and asking him to do something that seems quite unreasonable (wait 7 months without a primary source of income). Marc didn't handle it well at all if Carroll's side is to be believed, but that doesn't absolve them from fault. If they wanted to wait 7 months, then pay him 7 months of his full salary of the original deal.

Man, I don't even wanna know what kind of checks Mayhew, muska and janoski were/are getting at times...

Also I don't think Roger was dissing sole tech at all. Their quality was always pretty on point and he definitely knows that. Don't forget that there were also brands out there like axion, dekline... Etc in recent years that went under and just made shitty shoes. But at skateparks you'd hezr stuff like: 'nike is killing skateshoe brands!'. Well, even Jaws admitted that he absolutely hated skating in those shoes because the quality was horrible... Yet they're in the same price range as nike and adidas.

'Skater owned' or 'core' doesn't mean shit if your quality is not on point, and adidas and nike do make great shoes. They've done so for YEARS prior to when they came into skating... Deal with it.

Concerning the whole MJ/Carroll thing: imagine this being a 'regular' Company you're working at: It's run by people you know. You're working your ass off all the time, have a mortgage, and you are probably even doing more than your colleagues. Aaaaaaand one of a sudden your boss starts cutting your salary  without informing you because the company is struggling.

You see guys you've worked with fir years leaving, guys getting fired etc, and a big corporate company approaches you to go work for them: they have good hours, they pay more, they're around three times longer than the company you're at now and they're doing great... But hey 'you've said you'd never go corporate to your friends.

Your salary gets cut even more, to the point where they just don't pay you, without any info. You're obviously getting pissed/worried and the corporate company offers you an amazing contract that could get you on there right there and then. You sign it, but the old company wants you to finish the project you were running, without payment, for another 7 months.

Seriously... ?!?!?!?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 02:30:40 PM by DISTANT RUMOURS »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2017, 02:42:13 PM »
Lakai only shaped their quality up a few years back. Emerica always has been, and still is, garbage. Very few skater-owned companies were willing to push the boundaries in terms of redefining what a skate shoe can be and were instead content producing near-identical models season after season. Meanwhile, companies like Adidas and Nike led the charge with shoes like the Janoski, the Busenitz, the Suciu, and the Blazer. I understand there's the advantage of being a corporate conglomerate, but it seems like plenty of skater-owned companies were content to coast for far too long.

Marketing seems to be a huge issue to these skater-owned companies, as well. It seems like they live in a bubble and are completely unaware of so much rad shit happening in skateboarding today. Again, I get that bigger companies have bigger budgets, but would it fucking kill Emerica to add someone who isn't a complete product of So-Cal rail skating, Lakai to bump up one of the numerous east coast guys they flow shoes to, or Etnies to add a fucking person of color? If we're talking about Lakai, that Lena Dunham collaboration was awful and embarrassing to someone's who's stood up for the company for so long.

You want to talk about skateboarding's best interests? There are so many shady tales floating around about skater-owned companies. What about e'S dropping Ronnie Creager because he didn't want to skate rails? What about charging local reps for samples? What about the entire controversy surrounding MJ and Carroll? What about e'S dropping their ENTIRE fucking team, only to come back barely two years later and not pay anyone?

I used to be hardcore skater-owned, and I'm not completely turning my back on the idea, but I'm tired of supporting these companies on principle when I can get a better quality and more consistent product elsewhere. And if Nike and Adidas disappear, so be it. The skate shoe industry can start over and hopefully avoid the mistakes they've made in the past.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
hardly art, hardly starving

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2017, 03:17:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
All the "he should have been better with his money" people need to take a step back, think about if you started getting less money from your boss every 2 weeks. How would you react? Asked to not get paid for 5 months? Nope.
[close]

Those two things aren't the same.

Living paycheck to paycheck literally means that if you miss a paycheck you can't live. If you have savings and you miss a check it's an inconviance and it would completely suck and justify him switching sponsor and all that, but a guy who's had a career like his and lived the way he has (I've seen his house in photos in some old interview in a mag and it was large and nice and I think it had a bit of land with it too) should have some money saved. I love MJ and his skating but if your income is say 10k a month and your living expenses are also 10k then that's mismanaging money, and that's living paycheck to paycheck.
[close]

You've seen his house. You're an expert.

[close]

All I'm saying is unless you're making almost nothing there is no reason to live paycheck to paycheck, if you scale back and save/invest you wouldn't be paycheck to paycheck at 40.
If your income is 10k then your expenses shouldn't be 10k also, even if they were only 9,500 over the course of 10 years you could save 60k, is it a fortune? No. But it'll get you through some bumps in the road and it'll mean you're not living paycheck to paycheck. 
[close]
All I'm saying is that you seem to think you're his accountant when you, and a few others, actually don't know anything about his financial situation.

But how much he makes is only valid to a point. If he only made minimum wage or something then yeah that's another story, but reguardless of if he was making 5k 10k 20k 100k or whatever a month it's about living within your means. People who go bankrupt a few years after hitting the lotto don't go broke because they didn't win enough, they go broke because they mismanaged their money.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

Chron Artest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2017, 03:27:19 PM »
marc shoulda left even sooner... that sinking ship just wanted him to stay on long enough for them to dupe shops over so they had to deal w the problem. 

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2017, 04:32:34 PM »
18 parts? It's a slow day at work today so I tried to figure out all of them but got stuck at 16. Surprised we're on page 4 and nobody's done this yet.

94 - Maple/Right Passage
95 - Maple/Promo    
95 - Etnies High 5
96 - NC/Montage    
96 - Maple/Seven Steps to Heaven
96 - Transworld/Uno
97 - 411VM Issue 20    
97 - Best of 411VM Vol 4
97 - Emerica Yellow
00 - Modus Operandi    
00 - Tilt Mode
01 - Man Down
03 - Yeah Right
04 - Hot Chocolate
07 - Fully Flared
12 - Pretty Sweet

What am I missing?

shark tits

« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2017, 04:35:16 PM »
18 parts? It's a slow day at work today so I tried to figure out all of them but got stuck at 16. Surprised we're on page 4 and nobody's done this yet.

94 - Maple/Right Passage
95 - Maple/Promo    
95 - Etnies High 5
96 - NC/Montage    
96 - Maple/Seven Steps to Heaven
96 - Transworld/Uno
97 - 411VM Issue 20    
97 - Best of 411VM Vol 4
97 - Emerica Yellow
00 - Modus Operandi    
00 - Tilt Mode
01 - Man Down
03 - Yeah Right
04 - Hot Chocolate
07 - Fully Flared
12 - Pretty Sweet

What am I missing?
prolly wasn't counting this but i am
Marc Johnson Sponsor Me
first minute of this?
A-team Somebody is watching me
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 04:59:53 PM by I sniff my own butthole all the time »

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2017, 04:43:41 PM »
Side note

I started skating in 2000. I remember thinking Marc Johnson was black because his portrait on an A-Team deck in the CCS Catalog made him look like a straight up black dude.

I can't find the board graphic on the internet anywhere but Tony Hark was doing an invert on the cover.

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2017, 04:49:03 PM »

00 - Modus Operandi    
00 - Tilt Mode
01 - Man Down
03 - Yeah Right
04 - Hot Chocolate
07 - Fully Flared
12 - Pretty Sweet

All his parts are great but this run is just insane
wash uffize drive me to firenze

GinosGroceries

« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2017, 05:04:08 PM »
The thought of someone not going skating to watch The Princess Bride is hilarious. I wonder who it was.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2017, 05:43:44 PM »
Expand Quote

00 - Modus Operandi    
00 - Tilt Mode
01 - Man Down
03 - Yeah Right
04 - Hot Chocolate
07 - Fully Flared
12 - Pretty Sweet

[close]
yeah, when you factor in Fully Flared is basically 3 full parts it is absolutely insane. Can't think of another pro from that era who pumped out memorable parts at that rate.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2017, 05:55:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

00 - Modus Operandi    
00 - Tilt Mode
01 - Man Down
03 - Yeah Right
04 - Hot Chocolate
07 - Fully Flared
12 - Pretty Sweet

[close]
yeah, when you factor in Fully Flared is basically 3 full parts it is absolutely insane. Can't think of another pro from that era who pumped out memorable parts at that rate.

[close]
koston is the only one i can think of.

oldgoodburger

« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2017, 06:08:23 PM »
that issue of transworld was the first skate magazine i ever got

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2017, 06:23:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

00 - Modus Operandi    
00 - Tilt Mode
01 - Man Down
03 - Yeah Right
04 - Hot Chocolate
07 - Fully Flared
12 - Pretty Sweet

[close]

[close]
[close]

Reynolds

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2017, 06:39:09 PM »
The thought of someone not going skating to watch The Princess Bride is hilarious. I wonder who it was.
I can picture Caswell staring up from a couch while holding a cig and beer saying something along those lines

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2017, 06:50:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I can picture Caswell staring up from a couch while holding a cig and beer saying something along those lines

hahaha yes. I now believe this really happened.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2017, 07:22:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Caswell was diagnosed with vertigo, give him a break.  I'd hope it was someone else that MJ was bummed on.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2017, 07:44:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

00 - Modus Operandi    
00 - Tilt Mode
01 - Man Down
03 - Yeah Right
04 - Hot Chocolate
07 - Fully Flared
12 - Pretty Sweet

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Reynolds

GinosGroceries

« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2017, 07:52:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Caswell was diagnosed with vertigo, give him a break.  I'd hope it was someone else that MJ was bummed on.

Well vertigo is a legitimate reason to not go skating and I don't think Marc would have been brought it up if that wa the case.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2017, 08:00:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

00 - Modus Operandi    
00 - Tilt Mode
01 - Man Down
03 - Yeah Right
04 - Hot Chocolate
07 - Fully Flared
12 - Pretty Sweet

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Reynolds
Yeah, Koston's run was just as amazing, but it went longer but he hasn't put out anything amazing since Fully Flared, but it started in my eyes with his 101 part. Reynolds is the same with his run from The End to Stay Gold. If we want to go most ridiculous it is probably Daewon's, who dropped a jaw dropping park in 1990 and still does shit that blows my mind as instagram footage. Other guys like Carroll always drop amazing footage for 20 something years.  

It was more a point about MJ's run in the 2000's. Its fucked. He's dropped like a full length lvideo of parts that is all jaw dropping footage.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 08:02:42 PM by DannyDee »

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2017, 08:53:51 PM »
Lakai only shaped their quality up a few years back. Emerica always has been, and still is, garbage. Very few skater-owned companies were willing to push the boundaries in terms of redefining what a skate shoe can be and were instead content producing near-identical models season after season. Meanwhile, companies like Adidas and Nike led the charge with shoes like the Janoski, the Busenitz, the Suciu, and the Blazer. I understand there's the advantage of being a corporate conglomerate, but it seems like plenty of skater-owned companies were content to coast for far too long.

Marketing seems to be a huge issue to these skater-owned companies, as well. It seems like they live in a bubble and are completely unaware of so much rad shit happening in skateboarding today. Again, I get that bigger companies have bigger budgets, but would it fucking kill Emerica to add someone who isn't a complete product of So-Cal rail skating, Lakai to bump up one of the numerous east coast guys they flow shoes to, or Etnies to add a fucking person of color? If we're talking about Lakai, that Lena Dunham collaboration was awful and embarrassing to someone's who's stood up for the company for so long.

You want to talk about skateboarding's best interests? There are so many shady tales floating around about skater-owned companies. What about e'S dropping Ronnie Creager because he didn't want to skate rails? What about charging local reps for samples? What about the entire controversy surrounding MJ and Carroll? What about e'S dropping their ENTIRE fucking team, only to come back barely two years later and not pay anyone?

I used to be hardcore skater-owned, and I'm not completely turning my back on the idea, but I'm tired of supporting these companies on principle when I can get a better quality and more consistent product elsewhere. And if Nike and Adidas disappear, so be it. The skate shoe industry can start over and hopefully avoid the mistakes they've made in the past.

I know the era of shoes you are talking about heckler, and EVERYONE wore shoes like that. How is the Janoski any different from say Reynolds 3's in regards to being a "better quality" shoe? And Busenitzs' shoe (the first one being the only one I've tried) was utter rubbish, worst grip of all time.

Emerica put on Jerry and Westgate, they are certainly not known as rail skaters.

I'm not doubting that skater owned companies have done some shady things, but sometimes that's just business. At the end of the day they are still about skating and not just about cashing in on it.

I'm not hating, heckler, I enjoy your banta.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 09:03:03 PM by Suit Up! »

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2017, 08:55:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Caswell was diagnosed with vertigo, give him a break.� I'd hope it was someone else that MJ was bummed on.

Caswell is one of my all time faves..the thought of that scenario makes me like him even more.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2017, 09:05:21 PM »
this is burned into my brain
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

asakusa75

« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2017, 09:08:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I know the era of shoes you are talking about heckler, and EVERYONE wore shoes like that. How is the Janoski any different from say Reynolds 3's in regards to being a "better quality" shoe? And Busenitzs' shoe (the first one being the only one I've tried) was utter rubbish, worst grip of all time.

Emerica put on Jerry and Westgate, they are certainly not known as rail skaters.

I'm not doubting that skater owned companies have done some shady things, but sometimes that's just business. At the end of the day they are still about skating and not just about cashing in on it.

You need to get suede ones with gum sole... thats the ticket.
I had all white leather ones with the white sole too though, was like having banana skins on your feet.
But yes, suede and gum ones are killer.

asakusa75

« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2017, 09:11:44 PM »
this is burned into my brain

Burned into yours...? I was there that day, standing just to the right with a bunch of friends. Fucking magical to watch. One of those moments where you realise, even though you might be able to do a couple of tricks, the dudes that you are watching are fucking next level and what they are doing is something totally different.
Jerry Hsu did a sick high speed line there too. Absolutely flying.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2017, 09:17:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

00 - Modus Operandi    
00 - Tilt Mode
01 - Man Down
03 - Yeah Right
04 - Hot Chocolate
07 - Fully Flared
12 - Pretty Sweet

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Reynolds
[close]
Yeah, Koston's run was just as amazing, but it went longer but he hasn't put out anything amazing since Fully Flared, but it started in my eyes with his 101 part. Reynolds is the same with his run from The End to Stay Gold. If we want to go most ridiculous it is probably Daewon's, who dropped a jaw dropping park in 1990 and still does shit that blows my mind as instagram footage. Other guys like Carroll always drop amazing footage for 20 something years.  

It was more a point about MJ's run in the 2000's. Its fucked. He's dropped like a full length lvideo of parts that is all jaw dropping footage.
I know he may not be regarded as on the same level, but Markovich had 30+ video parts in a shorter timespan as all the names mentioned. Just a fun fact/reminder.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2017, 09:23:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The Reynolds 3s predated the Janoskis by at least four or five years, not to mention the Janoskis lasted forever and appealed to most everyone.  Shit, they still do. One could argue that the Reynolds 3 and the Manchester were the last really great shoes from a "core" brand before Nike and Adidas started playing hardball, though. That was around when Koston got on, I think -- summer of 2009 to spring of 2010.

The Busenitz is far from my favorite shoe (I'm a grip stickler, too), but you can't deny that it's objectively well made, with a great shape, good cushioning, a sole that most people seem to like, and consistent durability.

Jerry Hsu doesn't skate rails, but he definitely falls into that Southern California vortex that these companies refuse to leave. It's cool that Westgate is on Emerica, but look at some of the great skaters the company has flowed that they passed up on -- Tyshawn Jones, Tom Knox, and Pontus Alv all immediately come to mind. Meanwhile, Lakai took years to put Yonnie Cruz on in what seems like a last-ditch effort to gain some of that Theories market (I'll give them credit for having a real international team for the longest time, though), and even Huf flowed Bobby Worrest for a period before he ended up on Nike. I know that there are budgetary concerns and sponsorship is finite, but diversify your fucking bonds! These are all highly talented dudes who appeal across demographics and could grow their respective companies. By passing up on them, it's clear that they're not interested in my business. (For the record, it's not just shoe companies doing this.)

I get what you're saying re: shady shit, and in five or ten years, you'll probably be proven right, but right now, the whole "skater-owned" thing just seems like a line of propaganda from these brands that need to figure out a way to guilt you into supporting them. It seems like everyone on both sides either has been or is doing some shady shit, so you might as well buy what you like at this point.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Plop

« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2017, 09:56:11 PM »
Im counting this as a part, fuck it.  :o

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2017, 10:27:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Caswell was diagnosed with vertigo, give him a break.� I'd hope it was someone else that MJ was bummed on.
[close]

Caswell is one of my all time faves..the thought of that scenario makes me like him even more.
Were they ever on Enjoi at the same time? If so it is cutting it close as he was on Toy til at least 2002. It was probably Louie.

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2017, 10:55:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
The Reynolds 3s predated the Janoskis by at least four or five years, not to mention the Janoskis lasted forever and appealed to most everyone.  Shit, they still do. One could argue that the Reynolds 3 and the Manchester were the last really great shoes from a "core" brand before Nike and Adidas started playing hardball, though. That was around when Koston got on, I think -- summer of 2009 to spring of 2010.

The Busenitz is far from my favorite shoe (I'm a grip stickler, too), but you can't deny that it's objectively well made, with a great shape, good cushioning, a sole that most people seem to like, and consistent durability.

Jerry Hsu doesn't skate rails, but he definitely falls into that Southern California vortex that these companies refuse to leave. It's cool that Westgate is on Emerica, but look at some of the great skaters the company has flowed that they passed up on -- Tyshawn Jones, Tom Knox, and Pontus Alv all immediately come to mind. Meanwhile, Lakai took years to put Yonnie Cruz on in what seems like a last-ditch effort to gain some of that Theories market (I'll give them credit for having a real international team for the longest time, though), and even Huf flowed Bobby Worrest for a period before he ended up on Nike. I know that there are budgetary concerns and sponsorship is finite, but diversify your fucking bonds! These are all highly talented dudes who appeal across demographics and could grow their respective companies. By passing up on them, it's clear that they're not interested in my business. (For the record, it's not just shoe companies doing this.)

I get what you're saying re: shady shit, and in five or ten years, you'll probably be proven right, but right now, the whole "skater-owned" thing just seems like a line of propaganda from these brands that need to figure out a way to guilt you into supporting them. It seems like everyone on both sides either has been or is doing some shady shit, so you might as well buy what you like at this point.

all i know is that  have a bunch of sole tech shoes from the early 2000 s and they were all way better quality- some of these i ve been wearing every now and then to this day like the es artos and the reynolds 1 s and they never lost their shape in almost 2 decades.

great sewing,the insoles were all top material and the sole wasn t a piece of cardboard but some fabrics oftentime with a heel gel piece in there. if you put a new sole tech shoe next to them aside from just being less bulky you can see the materials of the new one are worse quality. also the new ones blow out and loose shape very quick. even with the thicker shoes like the og accels which aren t the same these days either- afte a week in half they feel like i have a couple socks on my feet.

sad as it is these days since i gotta pay for my shit i gotta go with dc which hold up way better- although i ll always love sole tech most.