Author Topic: Skate Girls by Urban Outfitters  (Read 12183 times)

perverted super otaku!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Skate Girls by Urban Outfitters
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2017, 04:31:54 AM »
Expand Quote
I wonder if revive did a urban outfitters commercial what ya'll would say..... but since it's cute young girls in *gasp NYC!!! Wow it's so ground breaking.....
[close]
palm trees in nyc. ha, that's a new one...
global warming effects us all

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2017, 05:06:11 AM »
Expand Quote
I wonder if revive did a urban outfitters commercial what ya'll would say..... but since it's cute young girls in *gasp NYC!!! Wow it's so ground breaking.....
[close]
palm trees in nyc. ha, that's a new one...

Oh shit ya got me I didn't watch the video and made assumptions!
Cant wait to see the target version. Hopefully these girls can get some air speed checks pronto, shits dope!

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2017, 06:38:24 AM »
Marissa (mamaskate) is my fav  ::)
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2017, 09:07:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I kinda back the idea and im glad some of the rippers are getting exposure, but it sucks that 80% of female skatebarders are lesbians :(
[close]
Why does that suck? Do you think women only exist to get men off?
[close]
nah, dont get me wrong, im not homophobic but long story short i ended up getting friendzoned, girl rips and shes a homie but a few weeks ago she was hitting on my homies chick and snaking him and shit haha, a bit disrespectful if you ask me
[close]
So she didn't understand that the girl was your friend's property? And she represents all lesbian skateboarders?
[close]
no one said property, nevermind you'll take my shit out of context anyways
"My homies (sic) chick" implies possession. If you wrote it with correct grammar it would be "my homey's chick."
 You also seem to believe nobody should talk to a woman who has a boyfriend, which again is the classic "my girlfriend is my property" attitude. And again, you hate on an entire group of people (lesbians) based off of one person's actions. I actually pretty explicitly am taking your shit in context.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2017, 10:03:12 AM »
Episode 3 with Mariah

Gimax

• Rep: -3
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2017, 09:15:58 AM »
I have a feeling that the biggest issue here is that some of the posters can't skate half of what those girls can so they need to dickflex on the interwebz and hate too just for that extra coolshitfx.

lulz

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2017, 10:44:31 AM »
I have a feeling that the biggest issue here is that some of the posters can't skate half of what those girls can so they need to dickflex on the interwebz and hate too just for that extra coolshitfx.

lulz

Anyone in specific you're questioning??  I just went and re-read the thread. Almost everyone has said they like their skating. I'm calling out the urban outfitters shit.... I used to see nikka at Tempe park when I went to asu. She rips it's definitely not a male/female ego thing for me.im not sucking the ass of corporate media because they happen to choose to exploit something I care about....  there are 12 year olds hitting mega ramps what do u want from me? Will a switch lip manny or blunt to fakie nullify my point for u??
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 11:00:59 AM by cherry »

Gimax

« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2017, 11:50:25 AM »

Anyone in specific you're questioning??  I just went and re-read the thread. Almost everyone has said they like their skating. I'm calling out the urban outfitters shit.... I used to see nikka at Tempe park when I went to asu. She rips it's definitely not a male/female ego thing for me.im not sucking the ass of corporate media because they happen to choose to exploit something I care about....  there are 12 year olds hitting mega ramps what do u want from me? Will a switch lip manny or blunt to fakie nullify my point for u??
Sooo... if small companies don't want to pick up on the subject (apparently) the BIG ones are boohoo because they did?

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2017, 12:41:20 PM »
Expand Quote

Anyone in specific you're questioning???  I just went and re-read the thread. Almost everyone has said they like their skating. I'm calling out the urban outfitters shit.... I used to see nikka at Tempe park when I went to asu. She rips it's definitely not a male/female ego thing for me.im not sucking the ass of corporate media because they happen to choose to exploit something I care about....?  there are 12 year olds hitting mega ramps what do u want from me? Will a switch lip manny or blunt to fakie nullify my point for u??
[close]
Sooo... if small companies don't want to pick up on the subject (apparently) the BIG ones are boohoo because they did?

What Subject?

Gimax

« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2017, 01:28:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Anyone in specific you're questioning???  I just went and re-read the thread. Almost everyone has said they like their skating. I'm calling out the urban outfitters shit.... I used to see nikka at Tempe park when I went to asu. She rips it's definitely not a male/female ego thing for me.im not sucking the ass of corporate media because they happen to choose to exploit something I care about....?  there are 12 year olds hitting mega ramps what do u want from me? Will a switch lip manny or blunt to fakie nullify my point for u??
[close]

[close]

What Subject?
Seriously?

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2017, 01:36:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I kinda back the idea and im glad some of the rippers are getting exposure, but it sucks that 80% of female skatebarders are lesbians :(
[close]
[close]
nah, dont get me wrong, im not homophobic but long story short i ended up getting friendzoned, girl rips and shes a homie but a few weeks ago she was hitting on my homies chick and snaking him and shit haha, a bit disrespectful if you ask me
[close]
So she didn't understand that the girl was your friend's property? And she represents all lesbian skateboarders?
[close]
[close]
"My homies (sic) chick" implies possession. If you wrote it with correct grammar it would be "my homey's chick."
 You also seem to believe nobody should talk to a woman who has a boyfriend, which again is the classic "my girlfriend is my property" attitude. And again, you hate on an entire group of people (lesbians) based off of one person's actions. I actually pretty explicitly am taking your shit in context.
nope, just in bitterness. i know what i meant and dont care about how you're trying yo put me down as a "sexist asshole" wich im not,   your school needs to psych evaluate their teachers since you dont seem fit to be around kids with this stupid ass attitude/mentality
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2017, 02:11:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Anyone in specific you're questioning????  I just went and re-read the thread. Almost everyone has said they like their skating. I'm calling out the urban outfitters shit.... I used to see nikka at Tempe park when I went to asu. She rips it's definitely not a male/female ego thing for me.im not sucking the ass of corporate media because they happen to choose to exploit something I care about....??  there are 12 year olds hitting mega ramps what do u want from me? Will a switch lip manny or blunt to fakie nullify my point for u??
[close]

[close]

What Subject?
[close]
Seriously?

Ya I didn't watch the video. If the "subject" is females skating, urban outfitters isn't breaking ground on this. Where were they 10-20 years ago? Im sure ed templeton goes to bed crying every night because he didn't take the redbull check. They are a multi-million dollar corporation that mass produces cheap clothing thanks to the magical world of slavery. Is there no line to be crossed anymore? Am I suppose to just smile as the youth regurgitate whatever product any company pays them to endorse? Is this going to help the over 100 woman who died in a factory fire in Bangladesh so urban outfitters could spin up another season of clothes to get that fast fashion cash? I'm sure mr. Haynes himself is an avid skater and the brand isn't trying to exploit a demographic. They are in it for the long term!

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2017, 02:41:50 PM »
Please come defend urban outfitters!! Hopefully next week the p.r. Executives at American eagle can scout instagram for some skater chicks to make a commercial with. Ooo maybe one of the waltons will make a WalMart skateteam. This is truly a renaissance for skateboarding!!!

Lulz

Brujas brujas brujas!!! There are so many kickass skateboarders in the world, who haven't sold the act of skating for self benefit yet!! Big ups to them!!

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2017, 03:21:26 PM »
Please come defend urban outfitters!! Hopefully next week the p.r. Executives at American eagle can scout instagram for some skater chicks to make a commercial with. Ooo maybe one of the waltons will make a WalMart skateteam. This is truly a renaissance for skateboarding!!!

Lulz

Brujas brujas brujas!!! There are so many kickass skateboarders in the world, who haven't sold the act of skating for self benefit yet!! Big ups to them!!

brujas flaunt their grassroots pc agenda to sell softgoods and engage in all sorts of self-righteous posturing all over the internet but they can't skate for shit. The uk seems to lead the way in non-bullshit female skater coverage.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2017, 03:39:36 PM »
Well I see them skating daily, putting together events and actually getting people to skate. Ariana has been offered to sell Bujas to companies like urban outfitters and has said no with good reasons. they will only get better at skating as they keep doing it. What U.K. Girls are you referring to?

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2017, 03:42:08 PM »
it sure isn't to film skateboarding of any substance.
this Vogue Piece has them modelling a slew of 'fits complete with links and prices to all the brands. then the sort of predictable "how did it all start" copy, but as far as any actual tricks? nope.
then some Dazed thing that goes into feminism, openness, capitalism, etc. but again, no actual quality skating but of course there's a link to their online store.
One could swap out the skateboarding element of their crew and easily replace it with, say, drum circles, parkour, or breakdancing and achieve the same effect. that's a key sign.

as far as uk skating. I guess I got that impression from sidewalk mag since they seem to post female skating content more frequently and with less hype than other media outlets
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:35:50 PM by snowman600 »

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2017, 03:58:00 PM »
Oh so this is just about brujas now. Well ok they're not super good at skating, and they don't sell themselves as a skatebrand. Its actually just a group of friends in ny. some of them skate, some play music, etc. Its more of an art collective. They host social events that bring people together that otherwise may not meet. Of  course dazed and vogue are going to focus on the clothing line aspect, that's what those magazines are made for. Brujas is a living, tangible thing whose owner and founder actually skates unlike urban outfitter..... That's the difference between those companies....

shark tits

« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2017, 04:04:11 PM »
i liked your post like 3 or so up, cherry but gonna agree w/ snowman about brujas. if they're an art collective, that's rad but their little video shitting on 'boy skaters' instead of calling us 'skaters' and like we're against 'girl skaters' somehow. most skaters don't give a shit or are shy, i don't think we're openly antagonistic so that posturing of an us vs them rubs me wrong.
if they can send it down the pipe to mami then more power to them.
meanwhile alexis quietly fucking kills it and just had an interview w/ quartersnacks. about skating and architecture not so much 'girl power' buy the lifestyle kit.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2017, 04:08:52 PM »
I haven't seen that video, sounds dumb. ? I just used them as an example of not selling their image to the biggest bidder and starting their own thing.

I read that qs interview and enjoyed it. I'm not trying to hate on anyone but urban outfitters
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 05:07:14 PM by cherry »

fangen

« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2017, 04:52:27 PM »
FACT TIME:

NOTHING MORE CRINGEY THAN "GIRL SKATERS"  (THINK INSTAGRAM GIRL SKATER, *SHUDDERS*. THE CAT LADYS OF 2017)

AT LEAST 90% OF GIRL SKATERS ARE KOOKS. (THEY HAVE 0 COMPREHENSION OF NON KOOKING NUANCES.)

GIRL SKATERS PARROT FOR EQUALITY WHILE BEING FAR MORE DIVISIVE THAN ANY DUDE SKATER I'VE EVER MET.

Keep ya genitals out of skating.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2017, 05:00:20 PM »
hi there 9jah *waves*

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

cherry

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2017, 05:16:48 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YlXLuJpoFGE

Here's to hoping the future of skateboarding includes females from Japan!

fangen

« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2017, 05:21:19 PM »
If you're not snapping your spine for feminists you're sexist... you syphilitic vagina.

shakecunt

« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2017, 05:34:05 PM »
I only like girls for have sex time

They stupid retards. Why not get more muscles bitch

Think you cute? No you are lesbian

Skateboard is guys only club. I dont want hair in my berings

You should be prostitute or a mom

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2017, 05:40:33 PM »
definitely bawtawd.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2017, 06:02:06 PM »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2017, 09:55:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
nope, just in bitterness. i know what i meant and dont care about how you're trying yo put me down as a "sexist asshole" wich im not,   your school needs to psych evaluate their teachers since you dont seem fit to be around kids with this stupid ass attitude/mentality
Seriously! What kind of PRICK insists on respectful and equal treatment of both genders?! If your teacher doesn't teach your kids that women are property of men and lesbians are to be hated for stealing the rightful property of men, he needs to go to the psychologist and isn't fit to be around students!

You FUCKING MORON.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2017, 11:16:15 PM »
they all look like the kind of people you would call to go skate with and they would flake, and when you do they only go to the park and never do anything.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2017, 11:29:01 AM »
very  organic

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2017, 11:44:41 PM »
This is nothing more than an ad for overalls.......