Author Topic: LIVE TYPE/FINAL CUT PRO  (Read 1623 times)

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

LIVE TYPE/FINAL CUT PRO
« on: February 09, 2007, 03:05:48 PM »
JUST LOADED THEM ONTO MY MAC. READ SOME TUT'S LAST NIGHT ON FCP AND AM NOW READING SOME ON LIVE TYPE. IT SAYS I NEED TO LOAD MORE DATA INTO THE PROGRAM? BASICALLY THE LIVE TYPE DATA FOLDER FOR LIVE FONTS/TEXTURES/OBJECTS. ANYONE GOT THESE FILES OR GOT ANY ADVISE? MUCH APPRECIATED.

mikefork

Re: LIVE TYPE/FINAL CUT PRO
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 05:12:14 PM »
i wish i could help you but my livetype is fucked up. it loaded itself and everything worked then everything stopped working so now its just a waste of space on my computer.
try the livetype support page http://www.apple.com/support/livetype/

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 11:01:29 PM »
 I just read part of the pdf. I'll finish it up when I got time. I actually think you can make those live fonts just as good but not sure.

Editing is a piece of cake though. I basically learned it and edited a segment in one day. The slow mo
controls are kind of silly but I got thru it and it don't look like it's my first edit ever. It's fun and I hope
to be messing around with FCP more soon. Thanks yall!

Meta Skateboards

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 11:39:33 PM »
don't stress with live type its a template based font editor that gives cheesy text effects with no real cinematic appeal.  If you want good customizable text effects use motion or after effects. 

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 11:44:11 PM »
yeah that's what I'm hearing. I'm gonna go hunt it down for sure now! you're like the 10th guy who told me that. Thanks!