Author Topic: Independent trucks and racist ideology  (Read 97496 times)

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
Re: Independent trucks and racist ideology
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2017, 08:26:43 AM »
indys are cool help with flip tricks

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2017, 08:33:46 AM »
Jesus Christ this thread is dumb.

The Indy logo has nothing to do with Racism. Stop projecting racial tension and division on everything.

Learn to search before making dumbass threads that do nothing positive.

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=66046.msg1793977#msg1793977

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2017, 08:37:14 AM »
this is kinda like when that pic came out of the ISIS dude rockin a Baker shirt.  So, following the logic of SLAP, BAKER = ISIS SUPPORTERS. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2017, 08:37:51 AM »
Independent Truck company is a skateboard truck manufacturer based in Santa Cruz, California. The company's iconic logo is the Alisee Pattee Cross independent trucking company, which came out in 1979 when Pope John Paul II was wearing the icon on his vestment on the cover of TIME magazine.

The Alisee Pattee Cross symbolizes regeneration, which means to bring new and more vigorous life to, bring into renewed existence, and give a new and higher spiritual nature to. The truck company was created in retaliation to and as a response to the lack of good skateboard trucks on the market at the time. So, essentially, this logo says that this company is bringing new life and a renewed existence to skateboard truck companies.

This logo connects with Montag's new life, or rebirth, and the fact that through religious references his quest for self-realization and renewal of self is illuminated.

Macnab's quality of the number four is expressed in the Alisee Pattee Cross, as it has four arms. The cross symbolizes the companies way of bringing together two things that did not go together well previously, as seen from the other skateboard truck companies that failed, into balance - spirit and material, energy and form. Intersecting lines emphasize relationship. The number four denotes strength and stability. Two aspects this company definitely has going for them.

backinmyday

• Rep: 2
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2017, 10:10:36 AM »
I always ride Indy's but I never wear any of their shit. I've always thought the logo was lame, looks like a pickup truck suspension company or some bike shit or something. And in the back of my head I don't want someone to think it's some race shit. But nowadays I don't even have skate clothes besides shoes, so it doesn't really matter.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2017, 10:29:08 AM »
I'm honestly laughing at some of you and your inability to think about this from an outsider's perspective.  Also, the blind indy loyalty is pretty hilarious too. 
you never know about pre-cum 

KronLaFlare

• Rep: -20
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2017, 10:32:58 AM »
Jesus Christ this thread is dumb.

The Indy logo has nothing to do with Racism. Stop projecting racial tension and division on everything.

Learn to search before making dumbass threads that do nothing positive.

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=66046.msg1793977#msg1793977

Thank You🙏🏻

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2017, 10:34:42 AM »
I was going to make a really dumb post with a broken indy truck and their slogan, but I couldn't find any pics of broken indys...

Noioso

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2017, 10:37:43 AM »
I ride Indy's and I can definitely say without a doubt in the Inland Empire there were plenty of white bro/bro hoes, riding around listening to Kottonmouth Kings in their lifted truck, with a giant Independent logos on their back windows. They eventually moved on to Monster.

I don't think Indy is racist, but there were more than a few people appropriating the brand who also probably also voted for Donald Trump, and are fans of building walls.
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2017, 10:38:39 AM »
Here's a good perspective, most people probably associate it with west coast choppers which is sold in walmart now.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/West-Coast-Choppers-Men-s-Graphic-Tee/10924100
https://www.walmart.com/ip/West-Coast-Choppers-Logo-Motorcycle-Stretch-Flex-Fit-Gray-Hat-Cap-H3-Sportsgear/176201220
https://www.walmart.com/ip/NeoPlex-West-Coast-Choppers-Traditional-Flag/171389517
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Neonetics-West-Coast-Choppers-Bike-Neon-Poster-Sign/12988729

and yes, there's even this

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Iron-Cross-West-Coast-Choppers-Colored-Novelty-Belt-Buckle/596926082

A lot of people that aren't skateboarders recognize Indy's logo too. Probably not everyone but a lot of people would. I guess the point is that nobody would really mistake an independent shirt for being a neo-nazi, which is contrary to the skinhead thread in which many people could easily confuse the edgy look with someone who curb stomps minorities.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2017, 10:42:41 AM »
And I'm not saying Indy is a racist company, I'm asking, and it seems like others are confirming, that the logo can be misinterpreted for something it's not. It's almost the perfect alt-right logo. "Independent," anti government, self reliant, with a tinge of mild racism in the cross.

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2017, 10:53:35 AM »
And I'm not saying Indy is a racist company, I'm asking, and it seems like others are confirming, that the logo can be misinterpreted for something it's not. It's almost the perfect alt-right logo. "Independent," anti government, self reliant, with a tinge of mild racism in the cross.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2017, 10:59:54 AM »
Here's a good perspective, most people probably associate it with west coast choppers which is sold in walmart now.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/West-Coast-Choppers-Men-s-Graphic-Tee/10924100
https://www.walmart.com/ip/West-Coast-Choppers-Logo-Motorcycle-Stretch-Flex-Fit-Gray-Hat-Cap-H3-Sportsgear/176201220
https://www.walmart.com/ip/NeoPlex-West-Coast-Choppers-Traditional-Flag/171389517
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Neonetics-West-Coast-Choppers-Bike-Neon-Poster-Sign/12988729

and yes, there's even this

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Iron-Cross-West-Coast-Choppers-Colored-Novelty-Belt-Buckle/596926082

A lot of people that aren't skateboarders recognize Indy's logo too. Probably not everyone but a lot of people would. I guess the point is that nobody would really mistake an independent shirt for being a neo-nazi, which is contrary to the skinhead thread in which many people could easily confuse the edgy look with someone who curb stomps minorities.
I get the comparison, but it's shitty because people who wear west coast chopper shirts to Walmart are exactly who I'm talking about. And the west coast chopper guy is an avid racist and trump supporter.

backinmyday

• Rep: 2
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2017, 11:05:09 AM »
Inland Empire there were plenty of white bro/bro hoes, riding around listening to Kottonmouth Kings in their lifted truck, with a giant Independent logos on their back windows. They eventually moved on to Monster.

shark tits

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2017, 11:08:25 AM »
"trump! white power! make my trucks in a hot forge you fuckin mexican! indy for life! seig heil cardiel!"
what, you thought this bro rode ventures?
„Vyrobeno ***** v USA“ - Shromážd?ní Donalda Trumpa - Phoenix, AZ

Mongoloid

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2017, 11:11:52 AM »
Jason Jesse is Indy4lyfe.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2017, 11:22:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think you're mildly regular.
[close]
[close]
Thanks for contributing to the conversation... RTBFTR though, right bro?
You're welcome.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2017, 11:38:15 AM »
"trump! white power! make my trucks in a hot forge you fuckin mexican! indy for life! seig heil cardiel!"
?Vyrobeno ***** v USA? - Shrom??d?n? Donalda Trumpa - Phoenix, AZ
Is the guy next to him wearing a Vallely elephant shirt?

shark tits

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2017, 11:42:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Is the guy next to him wearing a Vallely elephant shirt?
i'm pretty sure it's vallely spouting off and his little homie jason rothmeyer thought they were going skating and got bullied into holding the sign. blink twice rothdigga

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2017, 11:45:45 AM »

Fucking Lol  ...id figure Royals would be more fitting

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2017, 12:05:25 PM »
racists or not, I just know that people always tell they are the best trucks, but both times I bought a pair of them, first in 1998 and and last year both times they had a defect...so now I am stuck with some defected trucks.

maybe I got unlucky, but I dont think I will be buying Independent again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mongoloid

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2017, 12:08:29 PM »
Remember when Tensor went all Christian on our asses?

Tracer

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2017, 01:10:20 PM »
racists or not, I just know that people always tell they are the best trucks, but both times I bought a pair of them, first in 1998 and and last year both times they had a defect...so now I am stuck with some defected trucks.

maybe I got unlucky, but I dont think I will be buying Independent again.
Good thing Indys are guaranteed for life. If they're defective or broken your shop "SHOULD" replace them for free.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2017, 01:13:06 PM »
Expand Quote
I dunno maybe casue it is racist they have a lot of white tranny skaters. Plus iron cross logo. Indy is biker raciss.

And who cares? you not gonna buy thier shit or something now?

Indy is kinda bro now, I see people wiith indy shirts an Im like, dis mufucka dont skate.

Can we start on own Jim Jones skateboard island? I be leader. No cool aid this time though.
[close]

This right here but I fucks with Indy regardless. Although lots of monster and metal mulisha in Simi Valley broism too. I like to see the white girlswith pink ruff Ryder bandanas in the back pocket.

They usually have these haircuts

So people who wear Indy shirts would like to speak to a manager?
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2017, 01:23:45 PM »
I saw that mongo and tracer posted so I didn't read any of this because I knew it was going to be total shit

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2017, 01:38:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I dunno maybe casue it is racist they have a lot of white tranny skaters. Plus iron cross logo. Indy is biker raciss.

Indy is kinda bro now, I see people wiith indy shirts an Im like, dis mufucka dont skate.

Can we start on own Jim Jones skateboard island? I be leader. No cool aid this time though.
[close]

This right here but I fucks with Indy regardless. Although lots of monster and metal mulisha in Simi Valley broism too. I like to see the white girlswith pink ruff Ryder bandanas in the back pocket.

[close]

That's the "married at 18, single mom at 22" look.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2017, 01:45:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
That's the "married at 18, single mom at 22" look.
Serious question, what did you type in to google to find those images?

little ones

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2017, 01:48:53 PM »
Who ta fuck cares. Hardies bolts got the black power loge, I cant think of others cause Im wavy. But yo, black power, white power. Fuck it, it the logo looks cool, aehhhh, whaterver dude Ima rock it.

Some you motherfukers is so racist, think of shit that can only POSSIBLY be remember as negative shit, then that gives you a excuss to get mad. Cause you some snowlflake cuck bitch. feel me.

Yall niggas is dividing the country, race is funny, and it exsist, why not make fun of it. You fuckin emos.

I rock ventures, race neutral.

-Trump

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2017, 02:04:18 PM »
This is the first correlation I've ever seen between the Indy logo and "that" iron cross to be honest, from skaters or others. It's a symbol that was used prior to naziism, with similar symbols used by other cultures (see also: the swastika) and if there are any Europeans that can correct me if I'm wrong, is still used in some capacity by the German military. Nazis rip/ripped off all of the symbolism they've ever used that always seems to become associated with those pieces of shit, but I would assume if someone was to see that symbol in particular (since it's used for so much) and you were to explain yourself, issues are unlikely.

If you're looking for something to be offended by, get a fucking life.

Also, I would argue the use of "1-8" could be more correlated with naziism than the iron cross.

How so? Not trying to argue, I'm genuinely missing the connection.

I feel like the Indy logo is generic enough to not automatically carry that association, but I also don't think it's crazy to see that correlation either. I don't think they need to change it or anything, but some of y'all need to realize there's a world outside of skateboarding.

If you guys like technicalities so much, an inverted Swastika is a symbol of peace, but I'd love to see anyone walk down the street rocking it on a t-shirt and trying to convince people it's okay.

Post Modern

• Rep: -4
  • Nothing is original.
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2017, 02:26:46 PM »
We live in a post modernist society fuccboi. Keep up.

We arguably live in a meta modern society thanks to Shia LeBouf...
Tolerance is not a Sapiens trademark.