Author Topic: Accomodation abroad  (Read 3858 times)

JumpManShorty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -87
Accomodation abroad
« on: April 18, 2017, 04:30:50 PM »
Hey Slap what's good. I'm a New Zealand dude currently living in Japan. I'm thinking about flying from here to possibly Europe or something but accomodation always seems to add up like a bitch. Any you guys got tips to keep the price down? Cheap places to stay? Broad question but I don't know who else to turn to

Dr. Octagon

Re: Accomodation abroad
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 08:07:39 PM »
book through expedia. they give great deals on flight/hotel combinations, I just booked a trip for my girlfriend and I from the US to London for 5 days with an apartment rental for about $2K.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 01:02:06 AM »
I think hostel prices in Europe average at ?35 a night. Cheap rooms are usually huge shared dorms for anything between ?10-20. You might get lucky on AirBnB.

Cheapest? Eastern Europe.

JumpManShorty

• Rep: -87
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 02:39:23 AM »
book through expedia. they give great deals on flight/hotel combinations, I just booked a trip for my girlfriend and I from the US to London for 5 days with an apartment rental for about $2K.

Thanks bro I'll check it out

I think hostel prices in Europe average at ?35 a night. Cheap rooms are usually huge shared dorms for anything between ?10-20. You might get lucky on AirBnB.

Thanks man. Can you recommend a site to browse them or anything?

griff2

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 01:02:13 AM »
I second that on AirBnb, chances are you'll find some great deals that are way out of the ordinary.  Couchsurfing too - not what it once was, but a good choice for keeping costs down.

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 04:02:43 AM »
In Norway and Sweden you're allowed to camp wherever you want, so that's a cheap option if you're tuff enuff.

griff2

• Rep: 0
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 07:10:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks bro I'll check it out

Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks man. Can you recommend a site to browse them or anything?
https://www.airbnb.com/, and try https://www.couchsurfing.com/

Good luck.