Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront 2  (Read 4583 times)

jomeara1

Star Wars Battlefront 2
« on: April 20, 2017, 03:42:46 PM »
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA

I hope the game is gonna be as good as what the trailer looks like because this looks AMAZING.  Story mode sounds like its gonna be good too.  I like that you get to play from the Imperial's perspective as an elite storm trooper.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 04:32:27 PM by Johnny »

CHONGO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 03:53:18 PM »
damn this looks dumb fucking sick. I remember playing battlefront all the time on the ps2 at my buddies. Hope this is better

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 11:44:04 AM »
Trailer looks cool, but so did the trailer for the last battlefront game. Last one wasn't as fun as I was hoping for, but hopefully they made some improvements this time around.

jomeara1

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 04:56:11 PM »
^ Yeah I was very disappointed with the first one.  But maybe EA will learn from their mistakes.  Then again maybe not because..well...its EA.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 08:21:30 PM »
This one looks like it's gonna be much more fleshed out than the one they just did. I'm glad I waited until it was on sale to get it, because I still thought it was fun. Just not 60 dollars fun.

jomeara1

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 12:00:34 PM »
Played the beta today.  Not impressed with it at all so far.  It's like they added in a bunch of stuff that everyone wanted that the first one didn't have, but just didn't do it right.  EA should just stick to sports games.  I know its just the beta, but I have a feeling the actual game isn't gonna be much better.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 02:29:44 PM »
Played the beta today.  Not impressed with it at all so far.  It's like they added in a bunch of stuff that everyone wanted that the first one didn't have, but just didn't do it right.  EA should just stick to sports games.  I know its just the beta, but I have a feeling the actual game isn't gonna be much better.

I get why you say this, the controls feel kinda off and loose. For the first time might lower my sensitivity.
Dog fights are hard to get a hang of.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

jomeara1

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 02:46:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I get why you say this, the controls feel kinda off and loose. For the first time might lower my sensitivity.

What's your overall opinion about the beta so far?  Just curious.  I was really looking forward to buying this game but I'm a little hesitant about it now after playing it today.  I'm still interested in what the campaign is gonna be like though.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 02:49:42 PM by Johnny »

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 07:17:49 AM »

I wasn't a fan of the beta either. The first one burned me out very quick.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 10:25:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What's your overall opinion about the beta so far?  Just curious.  I was really looking forward to buying this game but I'm a little hesitant about it now after playing it today.  I'm still interested in what the campaign is gonna be like though.

I was ready to drop 80 on the deluxe edition but, might just pre-order and get the normal version. I'm starting to get back into video games and am a fan of Star Wars so might cop just to see

jomeara1

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 07:20:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I was ready to drop 80 on the deluxe edition but, might just pre-order and get the normal version. I'm starting to get back into video games and am a fan of Star Wars so might cop just to see

Yeah definitely don't spend $80 bucks on that.  I got the deluxe edition for the first one and then later realized it was a waste of money.  I think it just gave you some extra guns and star cards, but you would've gotten them eventually anyway if you just got the regular version lol. 

Another thing I'm bummed about is that there are still no secondary weapons.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 07:16:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah definitely don't spend $80 bucks on that.  I got the deluxe edition for the first one and then later realized it was a waste of money.  I think it just gave you some extra guns and star cards, but you would've gotten them eventually anyway if you just got the regular version lol. 

Another thing I'm bummed about is that there are still no secondary weapons.

Yup, having to deal with the cool down blows. I find myself constantly slamming the triangle button for nothing

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 10:43:01 AM »
its so bad

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2017, 06:38:49 AM »
I've made the decision not to support any of these AAA games filled with loot boxes as it's basically teaching kids all the serotonin dripping rewards of gambling. I know it won't change anything in the current state of gaming but I just can't do it anymore.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 05:02:31 PM »
I've made the decision not to support any of these AAA games filled with loot boxes as it's basically teaching kids all the serotonin dripping rewards of gambling. I know it won't change anything in the current state of gaming but I just can't do it anymore.

Looks like you made the right call. I go on reddit to look at cat and dog photos but basically every new and hot topic on that site is saying how much EA sucks and how horrible Battlefront is. Apparently the micro-transactions are unbearable in this game. Also the EA support comment in one of the threads is the most downvoted comment of all reddit 

jomeara1

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 02:57:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Looks like you made the right call. I go on reddit to look at cat and dog photos but basically every new and hot topic on that site is saying how much EA sucks and how horrible Battlefront is. Apparently the micro-transactions are unbearable in this game. Also the EA support comment in one of the threads is the most downvoted comment of all reddit

Battlefront had the potential to be such as amazing game.  The problem is that they focused too much on making the graphics look good and not enough on game content.  Besides the graphics its no where near as good as the original ones.  I actually had high hopes for BFII when the trailer was released (because of the story mode), but the beta just gave me a sour taste and the loot crate pay-to-win system that I keep hearing about just rubs me the wrong way.  It's a shame because other than The Old Republic there hasn't been a good Star Wars game in YEARS.

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 07:21:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Battlefront had the potential to be such as amazing game.  The problem is that they focused too much on making the graphics look good and not enough on game content.  Besides the graphics its no where near as good as the original ones.  I actually had high hopes for BFII when the trailer was released (because of the story mode), but the beta just gave me a sour taste and the loot crate pay-to-win system that I keep hearing about just rubs me the wrong way.  It's a shame because other than The Old Republic there hasn't been a good Star Wars game in YEARS.
I read that the single player campaign for BFII is only like 4-6 hours long too

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2017, 12:34:02 PM »

i've stopped pre-ordering games, buying special editions, and refuse to buy a "season pass" for a similar reason.  hiding content behind paywalls on a "AAA" game is fucking bullshit.  Pay2Win on 60 dollar games is the biggest bullshit.  these fucking publishers (EA being tied with only 2kGames) are such fucking assholes.

have you watched any jim sterling's "The Jimquisition" video series on the current statesof AAA gaming? hes taking the publishers to town over and over. well worth the watch.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.