Author Topic: Vans. Core pass or not?  (Read 17127 times)

bo golden

Re: Vans. Core pass or not?
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2017, 09:50:47 AM »
i used to be strictly vans (slip on pros in particular) , but i swear you can order multiple pair in the same size and none of them will fit the same.  i have never had that problem with Nike.  i know if i order an 11.5 that they will fit everytime.  plus, like someone else said Nike makes a damn good shoe!!

bandwayrules

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2017, 10:01:14 AM »
I love Half Cabs, core or not. They fucking rule for skating.

Ditto.  As an added bonus, I've never seen non-skate people wearing them so in my feeble mind they still hold their "cool" factor. 

Not that I haven't (and wouldn't still) skate in old schools if they didn't wear out so easily. 

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2017, 10:08:20 AM »
It depends on the country. Vans Canada is tight as fuck but Vans in Norway can suck a donkey dick.

Farty McBoner

• Rep: 2
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2017, 10:11:16 AM »
The shoes are sick the clothes are shit

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -626
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2017, 10:15:24 AM »
Vans is about as core as Nyjah's lambo or whatever it is he drives. Fantastic marketing by Vans to make people, especially around my age (mid 20s to mid 30s) that they are indeed a core skate company.   Half these SLAP slackjaws eat their narrative up.

It is also interesting to me that people are so concerned that the guy signing the checks is a skateboarder.
throughout the past 20 years a lot of those "skaters" fucked over their teams and laughed all the way to the bank.
Sure the person signing checks for the Nike, Adidas, Cons, and NB is a corporate suit, but that corporate suit
is making life better for what, 100 some pro skateboarders, who actually skate.   I realize it's not a core attitude but
brands like Nike and Adidas have come along and made everyday life possible and doable, and all that was given up
was one or two "skaters" signing a check.

I like Clark Hassler.  I like that He doesnt have to get a part time job and Nike makes sure he is able to live okay.  Are brands like Lakai and Emerica jumping up and down to give him money?  No.  

Fuck it, let him shine.

where is home?

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2017, 10:23:22 AM »
You know a company is all about profit instead of supporting a scene when you can buy their share at the bourse......
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

swag nollies

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2017, 10:30:28 AM »
Considering they where the first shoe marketed as a skateboard shoe, yes, I don't know how you could get more core than that.

What the fuck does this have to do with nike  ??? you fuckin weirdos.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2017, 10:30:47 AM »
i just saw a Vans display in an Academy sports.

Vans opened a store mere blocks from the local shop here that has been selling vans for 20 years.

I love the hypocrisy when it comes to the corporate shoe debate and vans.  
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2017, 10:43:42 AM »
Vans is definitely core. No pass needed. Steve van Doren is one of the best human fucking beings on the planet! I shook his hand once and you can tell hes genuinely there for skateboarding. He gives a shit.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

shit_for_brains

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2017, 10:49:30 AM »
Well if you touched him and could feel his aura then I think this thread is done. Lock it up.

Lonechicken

• Rep: 11
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2017, 11:11:52 AM »
I give them a pass, but I also don't think they need my help in any way. Unless there's a compelling shoe from them.

Slappydarkslide

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2017, 11:34:33 AM »

I like Clark Hassler. ? I like that He doesnt have to get a part time job and Nike makes sure he is able to live okay. ? Are brands like Lakai and Emerica jumping up and down to give him money? ? No. ? 

??? That dude makes money off skating ???

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2301
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2017, 11:37:45 AM »
Some of you sound like you want bulletproof shoes that look like Janoski's...the more you skate the more your  shoes wear out,some more than others, but if you're so tight with you shoe cash just use shoe goo, best $8 investment you could ever do.

Me? Born in Vans die in Vans. They work. Biased maybe because I love in Southern California? Nah, there  are a lot of DC and Etnies goons for every pair of authentics and dad Vans from Kohls. I've had just about every shoe there is and stuck with Vans.

Steve Van Doren makes a good burger,I've seen him at the pool party grilling like a madman,even making quesadillas after the dogs n burgers ran out.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

rails

• Rep: -50
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2017, 11:44:12 AM »
Vans store is core i definitely got some 99a 44mm orange juice geoff rowley street heat wheels from

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2017, 11:54:44 AM »
They are core, but won't give my local, who is core as fuck, an account. (he stocks every other core brand of shoes)

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2017, 12:14:02 PM »
It's not Vf with their less legitimacy for core, its them marketing specifically to skateboarding just because its 'beneficial' has always been questionable. They were making a product and fit it into a market, they aren't existing for skateboarding & for that Vans can have a seat on the topic
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2017, 12:17:50 PM »
Just a reminder that core is a made up term by corporate entities in order to avoid terms like "legitimate," "skater owned" or "primarily skateboard focused" that make them look bad when they aren't part of them.
Vans is a legitimate skateboarding focused skate shoe brand that has consistently made shoes specifically for skateboarders through the thick and thin throughout skate history. They are not skater owned. Take from that what you want, but remember, core is some made up shit by corporate brands that start a skate shoe division without having to deal with the negativity of acknowledging they aren't a skater owned, skate shoe only, skate shoe focused, or consistent supporters of skateboarding, but still want skateboarder money. Its much easier and better PR to claim they simply "aren't core" than to acknowledge all of the ways skateboarders shouldn't really bother with them.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2017, 12:34:36 PM »
vans is the same to me as dc; started with skate focus, corporately owned currently, still have good people involved doing good things.
not a sporting goods company like nike, adidas, or new balance (i do give them props because they are still a privately held company), not true skater owned anymore like soletech.

Hands down Hass out

• Rep: 4
  • 奇妙な滞在
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2017, 12:51:31 PM »

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2017, 12:58:55 PM »
i used to be strictly vans (slip on pros in particular) , but i swear you can order multiple pair in the same size and none of them will fit the same.  i have never had that problem with Nike.  i know if i order an 11.5 that they will fit everytime.  plus, like someone else said Nike makes a damn good shoe!!

lol i've had about 25 pairs of old skools in size 11, they all fitted the same..

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2017, 01:00:28 PM »
what about converse? they've been involved with skating since the beginning too..

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2017, 01:09:37 PM »
what about converse? they've been involved with skating since the beginning too..

They're owned by Nike now so automatic no 
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

bo golden

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2017, 01:11:25 PM »
Expand Quote
i used to be strictly vans (slip on pros in particular) , but i swear you can order multiple pair in the same size and none of them will fit the same.  i have never had that problem with Nike.  i know if i order an 11.5 that they will fit everytime.  plus, like someone else said Nike makes a damn good shoe!!

[close]

lol i've had about 25 pairs of old skools in size 11, they all fitted the same..

shoes with laces are different than shoes with no laces, and good for you

oh yeah, lol
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:14:36 PM by bogolden »

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2017, 01:19:52 PM »
Clark Hassler may be underrated but the best thing he did was 360 flip to fly
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

spazz attack

• Rep: -15
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2017, 01:45:43 PM »
Vans are the best and always will be. 

Hefe43

• Rep: 175
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2017, 01:54:53 PM »
I'm down with going to the vans outlet putting solid/two tone shoes in boxes that have crazy printed shoes and getting them on the cheap. Talk up one of the girls that works there and put their buy one get one half of to good use. I once got two pairs of vans for $24.  

I spend so much money at the Valley Village Val Surf I get embarrassed and switch it up and drive to two other Val Surf locations close by sometimes. if I gotta buy/hustle cheap shoes to facilitate my love for hard goods then fuck it.  Also, Val Surf has hype beasts that wait outside for days for shoes, they'll survive without my shoe money.

Etnies had outlet stores for a minute too but they didn't have black accels so they weren't helping themselves
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2017, 02:12:54 PM »
 Vans are dope, im for it and thats all i have to say on the matter

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2017, 02:18:27 PM »
Vans are the best and always will be. 
This is some uninformed fanboy garbage...

Every company makes great shoes now

Willy Santos cut my hair

• Rep: 391
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2017, 02:22:12 PM »

baby dick

• Rep: 7
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2017, 03:57:11 PM »
Well if you touched him and could feel his aura then I think this thread is done. Lock it up.
i laughed pretty hard.

vans is cool. i have no money all the time so the outlet is ideal. out of curiosity, does the team have any influence on who's "core"? cause vans has one of the more "core" teams out right now, in my opinion.