Author Topic: Do Pros get paid for Reissues?  (Read 1569 times)

Jollyoli

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 91
Do Pros get paid for Reissues?
« on: May 08, 2017, 06:26:03 AM »
Blethering to some auld cunts about the glut of reissue 80's boards and they were convinced pros would still be pocketing the royalty cash from any reissue board with their name on it.
I am not convinced, surely Tommy G is not getting cut a cheque from Powell ?
Rob Roskopp & Corey O'Brien laughing all the way to the bank as a bunch of has beens and never weres dust off their 215 indys and hit the sparkling new park?
Grosso certainly would not have burnt all his bridges at SC and still be getting a few bucks.
How about the fucked up Blind kids?
And Fuck GATOR if he is seeing dollar 1 of any board sales (though I'm sure Dorfman has that one locked down).

Maybe Cab and Jessee & Dressen get some kickback?
What's the word?
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

shit_for_brains

Re: Do Pros get paid for Reissues?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 07:02:56 AM »
Probably name usage and a small royalty but not like they would if they were on the team with a product deal. They're probably under contract for X product producing X units for X amount of time. Like anything I'm sure it varies case to case.

Chavo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
Re: Do Pros get paid for Reissues?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 11:17:12 PM »
I would think that the Santa Cruz guys do get royalties since they created a veteran's division for them. Powell started doing reissues to capitalize on the Animal Chin nostalgia and collaborated with the original riders. Other times, they'll use a pro's graphic and omit the name (Powell Ray Bones, Vision Gonz and some Gator models). In the latter scenario, neither the original artist nor pro gets any money.