Author Topic: Baltimore  (Read 13895 times)

shitdick22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Baltimore
« on: May 13, 2017, 09:53:37 AM »
Going to school at Towson next year. I'm coming from north jersey so I'm used to the crust and one of my good friends cousin is Gary Smith. Anything I should know?

rails

• Rep: -50
Re: Baltimore
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 02:35:13 PM »
someone tell me about lake trout

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 06:25:56 PM »
Towson is fairly close to the skatepark of baltimore

real nice bowl with pool coping all the way around  and a street course with some quarterpipes

skating in the inner harbor and downtown is usually a quick bust unless you go late at night

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 05:23:11 PM »
yeah, Hampden park is fun. Downtown/midtown have a decent amount of shit to just skate around spot to spot or go search out west and east. The harbor is always a bust but still worth a look around, even if it's a bust it's still sick sometimes.

Lake Trout is 2 thing. 1 new video out of Baltimore with Zach Dykes, Zach Lyons, Jason Spivey, Bryan Vana, Sam Shuman, and all of the homies. When it's out on dvd you should pick it up. 2. it's a fried fish you can buy from the corner store.

Last saturday of the month at the ottobar you can see skate videos and meet other skaters... a local hardware company throws it, usually premiering some video whether local or not.

anything else just ask, you'll have fun for sure
p-shuvs and v-flips

phillip dominguez

• Rep: 15
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 08:55:59 AM »
Everything he said.  The Towson courthouse is fun to skate at night and the garage at the mall there on Sundays is fun late night.  The old Social Security building downtown is decent.  Go to to Vu, Gary's shop they're friendly and will tell you what's up.  Don't do dope, this city is rightfully notorious for that shit.   

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 07:52:15 PM »
yeah, Hampden park is fun. Downtown/midtown have a decent amount of shit to just skate around spot to spot or go search out west and east. The harbor is always a bust but still worth a look around, even if it's a bust it's still sick sometimes.

Lake Trout is 2 thing. 1 new video out of Baltimore with Zach Dykes, Zach Lyons, Jason Spivey, Bryan Vana, Sam Shuman, and all of the homies. When it's out on dvd you should pick it up. 2. it's a fried fish you can buy from the corner store.

Last saturday of the month at the ottobar you can see skate videos and meet other skaters... a local hardware company throws it, usually premiering some video whether local or not.

anything else just ask, you'll have fun for sure

whoa is lake trout out yet? that lineup is rad, all dope dudes.

I visited once, Vu shop is sick & garys super nice. that diy park was fun - hampden?  need to go back & visit soon. ate wings @ fraziers every night haha
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

DvxDouche

• Rep: 0
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 08:37:31 PM »
Baltimore is a fucking gem. Every time I visit I end up skating the sickest spots. Just go to Vu Skateshop and link with those dudes. You'll be taken care of. 

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 08:34:15 AM »
going to B-Mo (can i say b-mo?) this summer. staying in the fells point area.  have one day to skate and its a Saturday in October.   looking for an uncrowded plaza style park or something unique.  it does not have to be the best thing to skate just pretty fun and not super crowded in the morning.  any suggestions would be appreciated. 
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 05:56:36 PM »
going to B-Mo (can i say b-mo?) this summer. staying in the fells point area.  have one day to skate and its a Saturday in October.   looking for an uncrowded plaza style park or something unique.  it does not have to be the best thing to skate just pretty fun and not super crowded in the morning.  any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lyric Opera House has the best ledges:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Patricia+%26+Arthur+Modell+Performing+Arts+Center+at+The+Lyric,+140+W+Mt+Royal+Ave,+Baltimore,+MD+21201/@39.3059462,-76.6179685,19z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c80495811f1fc7:0xadcc6003a29dbd5b?hl=en-us&gl=us

Don’t let Gary eat your peanuts...

fs overkrook

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 09:29:03 AM »
I’m sure you will be welcomed by everybody there. I’m from Pennsylvania and got to know quite a few guys from Baltimore and they are all fucking rad!!!

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 04:26:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lyric Opera House has the best ledges:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Patricia+%26+Arthur+Modell+Performing+Arts+Center+at+The+Lyric,+140+W+Mt+Royal+Ave,+Baltimore,+MD+21201/@39.3059462,-76.6179685,19z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c80495811f1fc7:0xadcc6003a29dbd5b?hl=en-us&gl=us

Don’t let Gary eat your peanuts...

dude... are you talking about the ledges with the rail on top of them?  if so that looks comically out of my league.  im more of a slight embankment and/or knee high ledge with no people around kind of person. 

I’m sure you will be welcomed by everybody there. I’m from Pennsylvania and got to know quite a few guys from Baltimore and they are all fucking rad!!!

i'm gunna carry around a few bags peanuts and offer them to skaters.  ill let you know how it goes.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 04:54:25 PM »

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 07:11:56 PM »
Oh that’s sick! What’s the spot at 238? And the Diy right after it as well looks cool.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2018, 04:03:25 AM »
Looks like the snake run at Landsdowne. That park is an old snake run like a larger version of Derby in Santa Cruz. It’s a good 30 minuets from the downtown, but it is worth checking out, because it’s 40 years old and a lot of really great people have come through there over the years. Don’t know the DIY spot right after but it is probably just outside the downtown.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2019, 09:25:40 AM »
heading to baltimore this thursday through sunday for work...so ill be busy 9-5, and have no car, wondering if theres anything worth skating/checking out around the airport(staying at the airport marriot)?

probably will be colder than a witches tit

looks like a half hour from vu

also blood orange plays friday so i may bite the bullet and catch an uber to that show just because

many thanks and shalom

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2020, 08:02:31 PM »
Kinda bumping this cuz I'm in Baltimore currently and will have a lot of free time during the day over the next 4-5 days. Gonna check the skatepark of Baltimore out and found a couple little ledges on google maps. My question though is, what's that art plaza type spot painted all yellow and red? I've seen it in a few baltimore videos but can't find out where it is.

Sidenote/weirdish question for slap: are there any good natural areas within about an hour or so to go for a good hike and do some botanizing.

Peace, love, shalom, and thanks.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 08:24:40 PM by keepthefunkalive »

phillip dominguez

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2020, 05:32:26 AM »
You can go out to Loch Raven Reservoir or Patapsaco State park, they’re both just 20-30 minutes from downtown in Baltimore County if you want to go hiking. 

If the spot you’re talking about is Zika Farm, the diy, that’s down near the stadiums. If you go to Vu they can get you there.  There’s a decent low “natural” angle iron ledge in the alley behind Mercy Hospital, that I like, and no ones usually there.

If you can hit up Laurel Park it’s 30 minutes south of the city on the way to DC.  Also the Christmas Tree park is about an hour North but that place is decent.  The curbs by the Baltimore Museum of Art.  If you skate the Lyric ledge, there’s spots all around that neighborhood.  Penn Station is decent for a quick session.  The building across the street from Brewers Art, old Monumental Life building think it’s called Aegon now, has great ledges and benches but shitty ground, typical Baltimore shit, although I’m not sure if it’s still skateable.  I used to go there late night and security didn’t care at night. 

Also Ledgewood is diy a ot half an hour from the city in Harford County.  That’s in an old court in the field behind Edgewood Elementary School.  Also if you have a car, and want to make the drive the Reid Menzer park in York PA is fun, it’s about an hour and a half from the city. 

It’s wet here now but the weather’s supposed to clear up this afternoon.  Anyway hope that helps you, and enjoy your stay and be safe!

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2020, 05:58:19 AM »
Thanks for the info Phillip! Much appreciated. I actually was referring to Dunbar. Found it last night on the interwebs. I went to the skatepark of Baltimore yesterday and checked out some stairs and that statue around E Mt Vernon (found it just exploring on google maps/street view). Went to the Vu and bought a deck too, but didn't ask about that DIY, though I came across their IG somehow later. Hopefully it dries up soon haha. Cheers

phillip dominguez

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2020, 06:54:53 AM »
No thing man!  I forgot about Dunbar, I’m old and basically only hit parks now except for curb sessions with my son.  I would also say Lansdowne as it’s one of the oldest skateparks in the country, you can barge it now, but the county just completely fucked it up doing repairs.  Fun hang out spot as mentioned earlier in this thread is the old Social Security building on Greene St.  Wire Spot too if you watched the show.  Just google Wire walking tours and Marlos playground.  Sketchy but if you’re cool the neighborhood peeps are cool.

Gleefull508

• Rep: 14
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2023, 12:49:14 PM »
Gonna be moving to the Baltimore area in the next year, whats the local shop(s) and best parks?