Author Topic: Daniel Harold Sturt  (Read 14206 times)

Burton Ernie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 49
    • Black Mesa avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Daniel Harold Sturt
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2022, 12:05:37 PM »
I know trick photography has been around forever, just in this case it seems hard to fake that due to the swing, board, momentum, etc. I'm not ruling it out though, it's either an impressive trick or an impressive fake.

Either way I made it into a gif...

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 388
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2022, 12:14:27 PM »
I know trick photography has been around forever, just in this case it seems hard to fake that due to the swing, board, momentum, etc. I'm not ruling it out though, it's either an impressive trick or an impressive fake.

Ok definatly looks way better animated like that. Fuck it maybe he did do it lol. If I was going to fake it tho I'd take a sequence of the first bit like swing down put my feet on the board and try pop an Ollie and let the board just fly off, then stick my feet to a board and just swing and do a flip, then maybe just roll thru do an Ollie for the landing and some extra roll away. Not saying that's what definatly happened tho just first idea of how I'd make that sequence

Burton Ernie

• Rep: 49
    • Black Mesa avatar image
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2022, 12:17:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Ok definatly looks way better animated like that. Fuck it maybe he did do it lol. If I was going to fake it tho I'd take a sequence of the first bit like swing down put my feet on the board and try pop an Ollie and let the board just fly off, then stick my feet to a board and just swing and do a flip, then maybe just roll thru do an Ollie for the landing and some extra roll away. Not saying that's what definatly happened tho just first idea of how I'd make that sequence

I bet you're right, I bet it's a couple sequences spliced together and his feet are attached for the latter part.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 388
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2022, 12:31:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I bet you're right, I bet it's a couple sequences spliced together and his feet are attached for the latter part.
I gnar you. I must of watched the gif fifty times now. I'm converted. he somehow did it. Some kind of adhesive on the bottom of his shoes.... Magnets?..

OwlGreen

• Rep: -58
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2022, 01:12:02 PM »

I never really got this. Always struck me as the kind of way you see skateboarding represented in marketing that has nothing to do with skateboarding. Like on the wall at Macy's. Or in like a yogurt commercial. Obvious bailshot is obvious. Or am I tripping and they brought a little quarterpipe up there and it's a legit, made back d. What's the story?

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 569
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2022, 01:22:29 PM »
How did his hat stay on?

Tabletop

• Rep: -67
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2022, 02:51:17 PM »
Look at the shadow in the background.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 13
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2022, 10:41:00 AM »

Wow - this looks great! No matter what he have done…

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 13
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2022, 10:46:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I never really got this. Always struck me as the kind of way you see skateboarding represented in marketing that has nothing to do with skateboarding. Like on the wall at Macy's. Or in like a yogurt commercial. Obvious bailshot is obvious. Or am I tripping and they brought a little quarterpipe up there and it's a legit, made back d. What's the story?

Stuart was always about the composition- more then
abou the trick - his cooperation with Matt - was masterwork defining skateboarding and skateboard photography- but he was always „organizing something“ remember some Hensley interview - that Stuart was pick him up with ideas and Matt didn’t know where they go and what he had in mind.

With this photo there was a quarter hidden, the road was closed. Matt said he „make“ it - but the photo was much better the the „done trick“
If I remember right…

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2022, 11:06:59 AM »

so rad

quaintly

• Rep: 11
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2022, 02:48:12 PM »
Anyone who thinks the swing flip is real is either trolling or doesn’t understand the most basic physics .

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 30
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2022, 03:05:58 PM »
Anyone who thinks the swing flip is real is either trolling or doesn’t understand the most basic physics .

Yeah the chain/seat in the final slides are a giveaway in my mind, doesnt behave normally

Seems like his backfoot at least is attached to the board.  He’d have to be going so fast to actually scoop a board up like that with his feet alone

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 604
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2022, 01:15:21 PM »
http://imgur.com/a/MOZfqs1

Trouble embedding. Probably because of Sturt’s sorcery.

He exists.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 30
« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2022, 10:12:12 AM »
http://imgur.com/a/MOZfqs1

Trouble embedding. Probably because of Sturt’s sorcery.

He exists.

wane brady

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 324
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2022, 10:51:16 AM »
brother can’t noseslide

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65384
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2022, 12:14:52 PM »
brother can’t noseslide

Love the rails though. Black on black.