Author Topic: Twin Peaks  (Read 25948 times)

Mark Renton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
Re: Twin Peaks
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2017, 02:40:40 AM »
anyone else surprised at how good norma and shelly still look? i think shelly looks even better 25 years later.

and is audrey in this season? ive seen what she looks like now and the years havent been as kind to her.

the band in episode 5 was pretty sick too. my favorite so far.

Yes they look amazing! Total babes!
Also Shelly's daughter becky is so hot..the i love how you love me car scene was an instant classic for me

not the best frame but I'm too lazy to upload another one
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

kook nukem

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2017, 09:06:20 PM »
^That was an amazing scene. Beautiful. Also, this episode was much easier to digest than the first four. Not that I mind the mindfucks that were the first four episodes.

kook nukem

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2017, 10:16:18 PM »
Fuck, that scene with the kid in episode 6 is one of the more difficult things I've ever watched.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2017, 06:08:53 AM »
Fuck, that scene with the kid in episode 6 is one of the more difficult things I've ever watched.

yep. if it were an adult i probably wouldve laughed. he smoked that kid.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2017, 06:51:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that was the strangest twin peaks scene out of all the seasons so far..the reason being the bystander actors were so terrible..it was just awkward watching that..twin peaks prides itself with outstanding acting so not sure what lynch was trying to do here..harry dean stanton was fantastastic in that scene..also if you haven't scene fire walk with me, this season won't make any sense..call for help

* also really hope somehow david bowie makes it into an episode as his character agent jeffries is the main ingredient to this season
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 06:55:27 AM by straight »
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2017, 11:12:32 AM »
this threads weak but god damn that episode last night was some amazing television

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 613
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2017, 04:37:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

that was the strangest twin peaks scene out of all the seasons so far..the reason being the bystander actors were so terrible..it was just awkward watching that..twin peaks prides itself with outstanding acting so not sure what lynch was trying to do here..harry dean stanton was fantastastic in that scene..also if you haven't scene fire walk with me, this season won't make any sense..call for help

* also really hope somehow david bowie makes it into an episode as his character agent jeffries is the main ingredient to this season

Ehh I don't know about that. I wouldn't say Twin Peaks, or any David Lynch film for that matter, are notable for the stellar acting. If anything,  awkward writing and overacting are hallmarks in his work for the weird dreamy vibe. But Eric DaRe and Harry Ontkean sure as shit didn't put together Oscar-winning performances as Leo Johnson and Sheriff Harry Truman.

I want to say I read a piece that said Bowie was set to be in it, but passed before he could, hence the voice-only appearance of Philip Jefferies in episode 1/2. Would have been great if he made it in before like the Log Lady and Dr. Hayward.

Last night's episode was great. The callback to Laura's dream in Fire Walk With Me was super satisfying. Laura Dern as Diane too. Shit is finally starting to come together.

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2017, 05:11:20 PM »
^ i can agree with that..but the acting in season three has been incredible..also shoutout to bobby peru

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2017, 08:48:55 PM »
yrev very into it so far though.

fixed

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2017, 09:46:21 PM »
very pleased with all the episodes so far. David Lynch gives no fucks and it shows.

Laura Dern playing Diane (who knew that was actually a person????) is awesome

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2017, 02:05:30 AM »
closing santo & johnny made the girlfriend fall asleep and i'm going to rewatch suffer the joy...

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2017, 08:50:47 AM »
that fucking sweeping scene in the roadhouse... its like why am i laughing at this?

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2017, 04:17:38 PM »
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 09:24:33 PM by straight »

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 613
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2017, 10:57:30 AM »
Holy shit.

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2017, 11:32:01 AM »

Mr. Fink

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2017, 01:33:36 PM »

I loved this scene. The music was awesome.

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2017, 08:02:31 AM »
so apparently during that scene where mr. c gets shot and those crispy guys come out and do those rituals on his body...bethoven's moonlight sonata is playing super slowed down..and when you rearrange the letters in moonlight sonata you get: a log hint, soot man 

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2017, 10:04:48 AM »
so apparently during that scene where mr. c gets shot and those crispy guys come out and do those rituals on his body...bethoven's moonlight sonata is playing super slowed down..and when you rearrange the letters in moonlight sonata you get: a log hint, soot man 

turn those letters into numbers, multiply everything by the number 6 from the lightpole and subtract 1945 and i still dont know what the fuck is going on.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2017, 10:31:23 AM »
this actually interprets the episode really well. all of his videos are pretty good.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2017, 06:06:42 AM »
Was the last episode the new Habitat x The Killing Floor summer drop teaser?
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2017, 04:47:33 PM »
closing santo & johnny made the girlfriend fall asleep and i'm going to rewatch suffer the joy...

lynch is killing it with the music .. not just the featured bands but the other tracks that he's putting in scenes..angelo badalamenti's score is purposefully lacking up to this point.. mini vin diesel killing to "i am" and this scene is brilliant:

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2017, 05:34:50 AM »
this scene is brilliant:

"Hell yeah, break somebody's face open, and they don't have insurance!"

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2017, 12:37:12 AM »
twin peaks prides itself with outstanding acting

Orly? I must have been watching a completely different show then...

Honestly I've found this new season to be really disappointing so far. With Lynch's other stuff, I can generally tolerate the bad acting/dialogue and weird pacing because it contributes to the overall mood and you actually get the sense that he's building up to something. This season on the other hand has just felt like a series of disconnected vignettes with no coherent aesthetic and glacial plot development.

Most of the appearances by characters from the first two season have felt like pandering to the fans, rather than doing anything to progress the story. The whole Dougie Jones plot line has been unbelievably tedious and feels like it should have started to resolve itself at least a couple of episodes ago. I'll admit the last two episodes got me going a bit but I think that was only because I felt like I'd been waiting so long for something interesting to happen.

:-[ :-[ :-[

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2017, 07:33:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Honestly I've found this new season to be really disappointing so far. With Lynch's other stuff, I can generally tolerate the bad acting/dialogue and weird pacing because it contributes to the overall mood and you actually get the sense that he's building up to something. This season on the other hand has just felt like a series of disconnected vignettes with no coherent aesthetic and glacial plot development.

Most of the appearances by characters from the first two season have felt like pandering to the fans, rather than doing anything to progress the story. The whole Dougie Jones plot line has been unbelievably tedious and feels like it should have started to resolve itself at least a couple of episodes ago. I'll admit the last two episodes got me going a bit but I think that was only because I felt like I'd been waiting so long for something interesting to happen.

have you seen fire walk with me?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2017, 11:05:21 AM »
yes jb you are up to date .. they released first four eps right off the bat and we will have to wait two more weeks to see ep 5 .. this season is outstanding so far .. danzig, me jackpots, dougie.. kyle mclachlan is so great and the amount of foreshadowing and easter eggs lynch and frost are throwing out is mind blowing.. ive been spending all my slap time in the twin peaks subreddit and it's so fucking crazy the things people are picking up on

i've been doing just that too, ever since you pointed out to me there was such a thing as a twin peaks subreddit (i guess there's a subreddit for everything... but really, i never go on reddit). the latest episode got everyone bonkers there.

and yeah having seen fire walk with me is definitely key to (somewhat nearly getting almost relatively close(r) to) understanding this season. even its most essential themes would completely elude me hadn't i watched it & skimmed through a few wikis & articles analyzing the show back then, to make sure i was piecing most elements of the story together appropriately. the original run & fire walk with me are notorious for being quite the mindfuck already, this new season just stirs everything up again.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2017, 02:35:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

have you seen fire walk with me?

Yup. Just rewatched the first two seasons and Fire Walk With Me in preparation for the new season. To be clear, I was really hoping that this season would get more into the supernatural aspect of the twin peaks universe and explain some of the allusions from the movie, I just don't think it was done in a satisfying way.

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2017, 08:39:17 PM »
tonight's episode was good. it provided some necessary plot development.

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2017, 10:16:46 PM »

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2017, 09:16:30 PM »
http://thesearchforthezone.com

This just goes to show how much effort has been put into this new season

The design of that page is on POINT

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2017, 06:04:39 PM »
I'm really hoping for a spin-off just about Richard Horne being a fucking lunatic loser, with substance abuse issues and drug debts.

His character is my favorite new addition this season.

Every scene he's been in has been super compelling, I was happy more time was devoted to his storyline, this past episode.