Author Topic: Twin Peaks  (Read 25956 times)

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
Re: Twin Peaks
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2017, 07:26:44 PM »

So into this guy.

VCR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2017, 01:16:30 PM »
That dude is insane.

I've found myself re-watching the old seasons while watching this new one.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2017, 01:22:50 PM »
so consensus is he's the product of dopplecoop raping audrey in the hospital, right?
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2017, 10:35:54 AM »
That's the popular prediction.
They discuss it a bit on the most recent episode of this Twin Peaks podcast I like:
https://twinpeaksunwrapped.podbean.com

I also have been enjoying reading The A.V. Club weekly reviews, and going through the user comments.
I find the community on there, just as informative and insightful as anything I've read on reddit, while being comparatively more friendly and less condescending.
http://www.avclub.com/tv/twin-peaks/

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2017, 11:02:35 AM »
that was a nice review but i don't like how they are so sure of themselves..

this is particular: "Diane?s sinister look as she reads Dark Coop?s text in ?The Return, Part 9? pays off in ?Part 10? with the confirmation that she is secretly communicating with him."

i could be completely wrong but i don't think diane is communicating with bad coop and that there is a middle man somewhere (not sure what diane is personally up to) .. why would she react the way she did at the jail .. also the text coop wrote was in lower case and the one she received was in caps

all i am sure of is that gordon cole knows way more than everything we can imagine at this point

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2017, 03:42:38 PM »
Dougie having sex reminds me of myself having sex. Lying there like a dildo on a large skateboard. Dougie style.

Also that feet scene right before this was fucking hot.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:45:51 AM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2017, 09:27:06 AM »
Ha I don't think I even remember the feet scene?
Not so much my thing, I was more into it when that cube-demon ate the face of the watcher guy while he was having sex.

For the most part, I haven't minded Lynch usually taking a slower pace with the episodes, and not rushing to develop storylines, since it's an 18 episode season.

With that said, I feel like some of this Dougie shit has been going on for too long.

It was good to see him get laid again, though.

pez

• Rep: 6
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2017, 03:28:03 AM »
I'm 100% in love with this season/show.

Some thoughts:

1. The Nuke: I feel like it blasted a hole into non existence which allowed the Experiment to shoot Bob into our world and would explain why the white lodge was there for the creation of Laura.  I had a hard time figuring out why the white lodge was present in a nuclear blast but now that we know there are actual portals I think it makes sense.  I think evil Coop may be trying to open a portal to non existence.

2. Doppelg?nger Diane: so in the most recent episode when Gordon finds the portal we see him and Albert see a Woodsman to the right of the house and there's a blue trailer to the right.  Every shot of the house has the blue trailer to the right.  Except when Diane sees the woodsman he is to the left of the house and the blue trailer is now to the left of him, we only see it this way once and it's from her perspective. Later, we see the Woodsman go into the car and kill Hastings but Diane says she thinks she saw something leaving the car.  I had assumed that she was lying because there's definitely up with her, but maybe she's just literally seeing things reversed from how they're presented.  Maybe if she is a doppelg?nger her world gets weird in such proximity to a portal, she even said she wouldn't go any further when they first arrived at the location.

3. Bobby's World: the scene at the diner with the gunshot... my first reaction to everything that happened was, ok, here's Lynch being Lynch.  But on a second viewing I think there may be a lot going on here.  When Bobby goes out to see what happened the kid stares him down.  Then he checks on the honking woman who says they're late to dinner with the girl's uncle who she hasn't seen in a long time.  My mind immediately went back to the text evil Coop sent Diane about the conversation around the dinner table is lively.  Who are they late to see (bob?) and did them being late have anything to do with no one being shot, maybe the bullet was meant for Bobby??  Either way, Bobby just saw some crazy shit that should wake him up to the fact that things are not right in twin peaks.

4. Jesse the cop and manufactured people: ok so this may be a stretch but we know Dougie was manufactured and we know that at times he didn't work properly, it's the reason we're given for people ignoring Coop's behavior.  We also know that when evil Coop shoots Hasting's wife he tells her that she followed human nature perfectly and there's a glitch during the gunshot.  In part 11 there are two scenes with Jesse, the one where he shows up at the diner saying he heard shots and one where he intrudes on Hawk and Frank asking Frank to see his new car.  Both scenes are extremely awkward and make me think he's someone who doesn't follow human nature well.  Same with Candie.  And we know that these things serve purpose.  So I wonder if Candie hit the one Mitchum brother on purpose so that the other Mitchum brother's dream wouldn't come true.  If his dream didn't come true they would have killed Coop.  And I'm wondering if Jesse showed up to keep Bobby from figuring out the gun was meant for him, and to keep Hawk from explaining the owl symbol to Frank.

Tldr the real world is being infiltrated by the lodge and things aren't what they seem in TP and I've seen and discussed the new episodes too many times with my friends.  Most of these thoughts are from us discussing episodes and we stole the bit about the blue trailer from someone who noticed online
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 03:31:07 AM by pez »

Chinaski's underpants

• Rep: 1
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2017, 06:00:24 AM »
maannnn,

I really tried, held on til ep6, fuck it, indulgent shlocky shit. Lynch is riding his own coat-tails, and the cast is just an unnecessary kumbaya of past employees.

I hate saying shit like this, but season 1 perfected something, and Blue Velvet really nailed something too. A lot of television is jumping the shark with all this reunion/cameo bullshit

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2017, 06:34:54 AM »
pez i love you .. i think you're in the right track for most of your observations .. there is going to be some sort of reveal about dreams, the title of part 14 is "we are like the dreamer" and remember when phillip jeffires says in fwwm, "we live inside a dream".

what role do you think judy has in all this? because you know at some point we are going to have to talk about judy.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 06:45:02 AM by straight »

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2017, 07:03:13 AM »
maannnn,

I really tried, held on til ep6, fuck it, indulgent shlocky shit. Lynch is riding his own coat-tails, and the cast is just an unnecessary kumbaya of past employees.

I hate saying shit like this, but season 1 perfected something, and Blue Velvet really nailed something too. A lot of television is jumping the shark with all this reunion/cameo bullshit

I would say try to hold on to episode 8, and see if that episode changes your mind at all.

I could definitely see being turned off if you were expecting the tone of the new season, to match the first two.

That's a totally reasonable expectation, but I'm actually happy it feels more like his movies.

Some of the quirkiness of the early seasons often got on my nerves, although I understand that was a big part of the appeal to a lot of people.

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2017, 07:19:48 AM »
yes what childhood said..you're fucking your self for missing part 8, it's one of those hours where if i was still in my stoner/mushroom days i would put it on with my friends that know nothing about twin peaks and just trip out

pez

« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2017, 01:56:06 PM »
yes what childhood said..you're fucking your self for missing part 8, it's one of those hours where if i was still in my stoner/mushroom days i would put it on with my friends that know nothing about twin peaks and just trip out

Plus the episodes after 8 have a significantly faster pace than the first half of the season.

In regards to Judy... I really need to see the missing pieces again.  I swear there are a few extended/deleted scenes where she's mentioned a bit more.  I remember thinking she was some sort of go between with Jeffries and the other dimensions but I just can't remember.  The thing that always bothered me the most with Jeffries is when he points to Coop and says "do you know who this is?"  thats always bothered me and I'm not quite sure what to make of it.  My assumption for a while has been that coop is actually some sort of lodge spirit but idk.  Could be like Laura where he's needed to restore balance

And in regards to dreams and episode 14, I could probably go on for days but I don't have any unified or set theory yet for what exactly is happening.  I'll leave you with this though if you haven't seen it yet

"We are like the dreamer who dreams-then lives inside the dream"
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 02:00:39 PM by pez »

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2017, 02:22:02 PM »
^ exactly! that is why i think judy is key to all of this..there are theories that monica belluci is judy in that scene in paris

pez

« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2017, 06:12:54 PM »
I could definitely see that being the case.  Can't wait til Sunday.  Let's Rock!

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2017, 04:53:37 PM »
Going to a midnight theater showing of "Firewalk With Me" with tonight with some friends.  8)

Super excited. I feel like I might run into another Slapper there, but we'll see.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2017, 10:31:02 AM »
so consensus is he's the product of dopplecoop raping audrey in the hospital, right?

I think thats a stretch. She was in ICU which means she's hooked up to machines and under nurses care/hospital cctv. People are forgetting how evil Ben Horne is or was, owning One Eye'd Jacks, almost fucking his daughter, giving Laura tons of coke (in Laura's Secret Diary) etc...

Plus John Justice Wheeler seemed scummy as fuck, fucking Audrey in that plane in Season 2. I think he's just a Horne.

Plus, if dopple Coop fucked Audrey does that mean BOB can be sexually transmitted?

Doc Hayward mentioned it so he definitely saw her, I just don't see him getting away with fucking a bed-ridden girl in a coma in ICU.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2017, 04:59:22 PM »
this season fucking sucks

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2017, 03:40:08 PM »
holy fuck that episode (14) was so good

Katy Cole

• Rep: 0
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2017, 12:04:21 PM »
I'm watching the older seasons again to refresh my memory. But been hearing nothing but good things about the return of the show.

There's an interesting interview with some self-proclaimed "super fans" of the show here: https://filmdaily.co/blog/obsessions/superfans-reveal-twin-peaks-endurance/

It's well worth a read, especially for anyone who?s ever visited the 25 Years Later website.

Mr. Fink

« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2017, 11:13:55 PM »
Such an amazing sendoff to Catherine Coulson and the character Margaret. The fact that she was willing to film that scene when she really was so close to death in real life is so sad and touching.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2017, 11:41:17 PM »
Yeah, those Log Lady/Hawk scenes were rough to watch.

But it was great that they were able to give such a raw, vulnerable, and tastefully respectful tribute to the actress, that also worked into the overall narrative of the show itself.

Audrey Horne's husband is also quickly becoming one of my favorite new characters.

And I love that my boy Richard Horne got some more screen time this episode.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2017, 02:51:47 AM »
Just watched the first episode of this and I'm feeling it. Anyone know where I can stream the rest of the season?

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 612
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2017, 05:33:24 PM »
Good ending for how morose it was. It's a little foolish to make an accurate interpretation of any Lynch project, but I'm curious to hear what you guys think.

I think Cooper blew it by taking his trips back in time and to Odessa. No matter which alternate reality Laura occupies, she seems to get into bad shit. This is in contrast to Cooper's alternate reality as Dougie, in which he won a bunch of money, had a loving family, avoided multiple mob hits, and so on. Even Cooper, with all of his divine intuition, fails to rescue Laura in each alternate dimension he occupies.

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2017, 11:23:52 PM »
Good ending for how morose it was. It's a little foolish to make an accurate interpretation of any Lynch project, but I'm curious to hear what you guys think.

I think Cooper blew it by taking his trips back in time and to Odessa. No matter which alternate reality Laura occupies, she seems to get into bad shit. This is in contrast to Cooper's alternate reality as Dougie, in which he won a bunch of money, had a loving family, avoided multiple mob hits, and so on. Even Cooper, with all of his divine intuition, fails to rescue Laura in each alternate dimension he occupies.

this is kind of the theory I subscribe to. Keep in mind the infinity symbol that Phillip Jeffries displayed, that has some meaning here. The alternate realities are endless but all somehow are intertwined. Laura/Carrie hearing Sarah call her name before the scream at the end I think is proof of this.

Alternately that call of her name is Sarah waking her up from sleep. She screams because she's coming back to her own sad reality and everything is a dream.

Mr. Fink

« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2017, 01:27:12 AM »
I really loved the final episodes. 17 cleared up so many questions, but 18 really left me with a weird feeling. The type of feeling, whether I understand it or not, will last a long time. I consider this a great ending to a great season.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2017, 06:34:55 AM »
that was a terrible ending, david lynch is taking the fucking piss

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2017, 04:32:46 PM »
I believe ep. 17 was a perfect end of the third season, ep. 18 could perhaps hint towards something more?

Only questions I still have

1. Who is billy?
2. Who was the dude in the jail bleeding with the mouth?
3. Why did Mr. C die when he was shot in the twin peaks sheriff station but not when he was shot on the highway?
4. Where is Audrey? She evidently is not in the twin peaks that we know.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2017, 05:02:24 PM »
R.I.P. Richard Horne

Gone, but never forgotten.

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2017, 09:41:17 PM »
I believe ep. 17 was a perfect end of the third season, ep. 18 could perhaps hint towards something more?

Only questions I still have

1. Who is billy?
2. Who was the dude in the jail bleeding with the mouth?
3. Why did Mr. C die when he was shot in the twin peaks sheriff station but not when he was shot on the highway?
4. Where is Audrey? She evidently is not in the twin peaks that we know.