Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 170890 times)

vegangangzta

Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #1380 on: October 14, 2021, 12:22:17 PM »

El Freegano

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 217
« Reply #1381 on: October 15, 2021, 01:41:20 AM »
The fallen looks delicious :) give some feedback when you start sk8ing. I hope the syntetic nubuck is not like those of Osiris, coz i had one Protocol model that got trashed super fast.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1382 on: October 16, 2021, 07:09:38 PM »
Anyways yeah, the Quattros seem fairly tight so I'd suggest a 1/2 size up.
good to know!
Those fallens look classic 2000s steeze!

https://www.lakai.com/collections/shoes/products/evo-2-0-navy-cream-suede-ms3210259b00
Looks like those lakai runners are synth too!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

vegangangzta

« Reply #1383 on: October 30, 2021, 03:52:43 PM »

Decided to hit ‘em up again just for the hell of it.

Makes ya wonder

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #1384 on: November 01, 2021, 02:09:24 AM »

Makes ya wonder

Reminds me of a weird reply I had off someone on a Livechat on NB's site, about the Allcoast 425s. I just wanted 100% confirmation on the synthetic leather and they confirmed it, but then went to say "all our shoes use suede or leather for maximum performance" or something like that, but it was quickly blurted out before the conversation ended.

I digress, but if that's true about the Zero's I may buy them once my éS stack has been depleted. They do look better in person with baggy trou.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1385 on: November 01, 2021, 07:17:20 AM »
Expand Quote

Makes ya wonder
[close]

Reminds me of a weird reply I had off someone on a Livechat on NB's site, about the Allcoast 425s. I just wanted 100% confirmation on the synthetic leather and they confirmed it, but then went to say "all our shoes use suede or leather for maximum performance" or something like that, but it was quickly blurted out before the conversation ended.

I digress, but if that's true about the Zero's I may buy them once my éS stack has been depleted. They do look better in person with baggy trou.
they are straight up tripping, but I did some detective work for you (in Japanese), I’ve actually seen the brown version in person and as soon as I saw them, I immediately noticed they were a different material to the other color ways and this store on Rakuten basically confirms it!

https://item.rakuten.co.jp/nws/dm204008/?scid=wi_ichi_iphoneapp_item_share

The other two color ways are listed as a mix of natural leather, synth and textile but the brown (BWW) version is listed as synth and textile only which would confirm what I saw…
Having said that, there is no way the OG color way is synth unless they have some magical formula that looks (and smells) exactly like the real thing; I’ve been spotting vegan shoes for over 20 years now so I ain’t no noob intern manning their online help desk!!! The all black ones I haven’t seen in real life so it’s hard to comment on them…

The only other mention of synth in either English or Japanese is with both color ways of the kids version:
https://www.s3store.com/smartphone/detail.html?id=000000017933
Either way, I think it’s safe to say that either way DC’s labeling is fucking terrible when it comes to finding what their shoes actually made from….

Edit: 63x sorry, not sorry
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 07:49:27 AM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1386 on: November 01, 2021, 07:56:45 AM »
I'm with GIMP on this one, this is just poorly informed customer service, which is likely from a pooled customer service bank and not DC-specific.  Yes, some DC shoes are all synth, but no way in hell is every DC shoe vegan. 

vegangangzta

« Reply #1387 on: November 03, 2021, 06:06:45 PM »

Luis said it! Not me. He has assured me.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1388 on: November 03, 2021, 07:19:30 PM »
Lol, I appreciate your persistence

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1389 on: November 03, 2021, 10:09:15 PM »

Luis said it! Not me. He has assured me.
that is massive if true!!! I’m still doubting it though …

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #1390 on: November 03, 2021, 11:06:15 PM »
I very much doubt it's true otherwise I feel as though they would make more of a statement about it.

" Artificial plant products "

So they make fake leather shoes out of fake plants too? The wording is funny.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1391 on: November 03, 2021, 11:42:01 PM »
Yeah, and why would they go out of their way to label shoes like the manual with vegan written on the insole if the rest of their entire catalog was vegan?

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1392 on: November 04, 2021, 01:29:58 PM »
There's a new "velvet" colorway of the Skate Old Skools.  Why they always gotta make the vegan-friendly versions in the ugliest colors/materials??

On the other hand, I just got these from the vans surf line.  I loved the AV-Sk8-Lo's from like 10 years ago when there were a few all-canvas versions.  These are definitely the closest thing to those in a long time.  Only the "SF" versions in the eco-theory line have the nice removable insoles, highly recommended. 

vegangangzta

« Reply #1393 on: November 04, 2021, 03:12:23 PM »
There's a new "velvet" colorway of the Skate Old Skools.  Why they always gotta make the vegan-friendly versions in the ugliest colors/materials??

On the other hand, I just got these from the vans surf line.  I loved the AV-Sk8-Lo's from like 10 years ago when there were a few all-canvas versions.  These are definitely the closest thing to those in a long time.  Only the "SF" versions in the eco-theory line have the nice removable insoles, highly recommended. 

I know. I can’t stand when they make heinous colorways.

Just because we’re vegan doesn’t mean we want camo and rainbow shoes.

I’m about to pull the trigger on some DC’s.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1394 on: November 04, 2021, 04:22:03 PM »
Okay, now they are saying some of the old products used to use leather? Fucking hell, way to back track, how will I know if it’s a “current” production model and/ or when was the date when they said, “everything from here on in is vegan!” Sounds too dicey for me… I’ll stick with brands who know how to label

vegangangzta

« Reply #1395 on: November 04, 2021, 04:43:36 PM »
Okay, now they are saying some of the old products used to use leather? Fucking hell, way to back track, how will I know if it’s a “current” production model and/ or when was the date when they said, “everything from here on in is vegan!” Sounds too dicey for me… I’ll stick with brands who know how to label

Yeah, lol. Maybe I’ll at least grab those wheat/black lynx zeros. Those are pretty fresh.

I really like my Fallen troopers. Still haven’t skated them, but I’ll hop back on my board soon. I never wore Fallen when it was around…I’m definitely more partial to brands I grew up with like eS and DC. Hence why I would like them to be telling the truth, ha.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1396 on: November 05, 2021, 09:30:25 AM »
I hit up DC skateboarding on instagram (like a real man), and they confirmed this customer service stuff is off the mark:

vegangangzta

« Reply #1397 on: November 05, 2021, 09:56:53 AM »
I hit up DC skateboarding on instagram (like a real man), and they confirmed this customer service stuff is off the mark:

Yeah. I had DM’d awhile back and got something similar.

Welp just gonna wait for the certified vegan joints.

Oh the plus side, if you love old Osiris shoes, I just came across these last night! Supposed to drop this winter.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1398 on: November 05, 2021, 02:41:21 PM »

Thank you for doing this.

This got me interested in the Manual shoes. For a thin canvas vulc I quite like how they look. Anyone have any experience with those?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1399 on: November 05, 2021, 03:48:36 PM »
Manuals are super minimal, think vans era but without the padding around the ankle!
I also DM-Ed ‘em!

Hey Grey, thanks for reaching out! Hopefully we can clear up some confusion, the DC RE/SOLVE collection features our shoes that are vegan. Other styles still include suede and leather. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1400 on: November 05, 2021, 08:52:16 PM »
Manuals are super minimal, think vans era but without the padding around the ankle!
I also DM-Ed ‘em!

Hey Grey, thanks for reaching out! Hopefully we can clear up some confusion, the DC RE/SOLVE collection features our shoes that are vegan. Other styles still include suede and leather. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Yeah, I figured that they are super minimal but I’m ok with that. I really liked the Emerica Omen Hi. Skated those a few (?) years ago and was surprised how much I liked them. I never skated non-skate Vans or non-skate Cons though so if the Manuals are similar to those I can’t really compare. Maybe I’ll just need to get a pair and see what’s what.

vegangangzta

« Reply #1401 on: November 06, 2021, 12:50:35 PM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1402 on: November 07, 2021, 04:47:15 PM »
Not sure if I could rock OG accels in 2021, but love that Ed will always give us non canvas/ non vulc options!
I got those new Lakai chillers (evo 2.0) they are synth but run way too small…

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #1403 on: November 08, 2021, 04:50:35 AM »

I was about to post this the other day..

I'll see what they're like, as I've really enjoyed skating my last pair of Accels a year ago. I do find the tongue mega fat and I do prefer a fat tongue on shoes.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

vegangangzta

« Reply #1404 on: November 13, 2021, 11:12:50 AM »
Fallen just dropped more fire.

https://fallenfootwear.us/collections/vegan

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 94
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #1405 on: November 14, 2021, 09:27:02 AM »
Thoughts on the new Vallely shoe? Don't know much about that company but it looks like a good shoe
Cocteau Twins

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #1406 on: November 14, 2021, 09:28:39 AM »
Thoughts on the new Vallely shoe? Don't know much about that company but it looks like a good shoe

Imagine that the head of scientology and the devil birthed a child. That's the company.

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 94
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #1407 on: November 14, 2021, 09:46:40 AM »
Eek, surprised Mike would be involved with that  :(
Cocteau Twins

Fakie Manuel

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1408 on: November 14, 2021, 05:29:03 PM »
Fallen just dropped more fire.

https://fallenfootwear.us/collections/vegan

Sick! I like the black and white. Kinda reminds me of the Servant Barnyard Vallely shoe, a personal favorite of mine.

Fakie Manuel

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1409 on: November 14, 2021, 05:44:58 PM »

Agreed, it overall looks pretty good. I think the brand logo is uninteresting, borderline bad. But, everything else looks solid. To me, it looks much better than some of the vegan drops lately with atrocious colors and/or 100% canvas. I don't get what's difficult about making a decent, durable vegan skate shoe that doesn't look like something out of a fever dream. I was interested that he mentioned the patented vegan suede is stronger than animal suede. I would prefer to spend my money on a smaller brand, but this one looks intriguing. I might bite.

Edit: grammar