Author Topic: Vegan skate shoes  (Read 170895 times)

Richard Skidder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 443
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Vegan skate shoes
« Reply #780 on: October 24, 2020, 08:23:32 AM »
Just bought a pair of canvas Janoski RM. Is there anything you guys do beforehand to make the canvas last longer or just shoe goo as you go along?

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #781 on: October 24, 2020, 09:24:45 AM »
Just bought a pair of canvas Janoski RM. Is there anything you guys do beforehand to make the canvas last longer or just shoe goo as you go along?
I put a couple tiny dots of super glue on the ollie area, before you skate them.  Makes the canvas virtually indestructible, but use it sparingly because it also makes the canvas inflexible

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #782 on: October 24, 2020, 09:26:43 AM »
Has anyone thought about skating these Vans Mod Slip-Ons? Not billed as skate shoes. But they've got the UltimateWaffle outsole and Rapidweld rubbery stuff on the toe. Not sure what I think (and not psyched on the look). But I did skate the Rapidweld Lite and really liked it.

https://www.vans.com/shop/mod-slip-on-marshmallow-clear#hero=0

I remember checking those time ago and I'm also super curious about them. Pricey in here but just checked and the price dropped a little bit. I'm tempted.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Chega

• Rep: 2
« Reply #783 on: November 01, 2020, 08:37:47 AM »
I wouldn't try C1rca, pretty sure the quality isn't great, but they have some vegan options. https://issuu.com/optiondistribution/docs/fw20
They are apparently alive, at least in Europe.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #784 on: November 02, 2020, 04:26:31 AM »

I don’t ollie.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Cubz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #785 on: November 06, 2020, 09:31:53 AM »
Hi,

I'm new here ! I'm a vegan girl from France. I don't skate but for me, the best shoes are skate shoes  ;)
I have wide feet with high arch, so it has always been hard to find shoes (even more now that I'm vegan...), so this thread is so great !

I don't think it has been mentionned in the previous pages, but Globe have some new vegan shoes : http://www.christiankoeder.com/2020/09/Globe2020.html

I just ordered the Encore-2 (I searched for vegan Maranas because I prefer cupsoles, but they are sold out in my size), don't know what to expect about them... We'll see !

(Btw, I emailed Etnies to ask them if there will be another vegan Marana colourway soon, I'm wainting for the answer)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 12:38:16 PM by Cubz »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #786 on: November 06, 2020, 04:23:07 PM »
Good on Globe for offering that many options but there’s no way I’m going to wear their shoes in 2020. Also, maybe be careful of that site, that guy isn’t always right with his claims of vegan shoes. I’d be more inclined to trust this thread tbh

A new possible contender?
https://www.zumiez.com/vans-kyle-walker-pro-black-pewter-white-denim-skate-shoes.html

Also, Tate just posted some new AVEs one of which looks like it could be synth?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Cubz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #787 on: November 06, 2020, 11:03:35 PM »
Good on Globe for offering that many options but there’s no way I’m going to wear their shoes in 2020. Also, maybe be careful of that site, that guy isn’t always right with his claims of vegan shoes. I’d be more inclined to trust this thread tbh

Of course, I checked on Globe website before ordering, and the shoes are labelled "vegan friendly" (the Encore 2 and some other models are in synthetic leather/synthetic nubuck)  : https://fr.globebrand.com/collections/globe-vegan-skate-shoes

Edit : I received them today, they're pretty comfy right out of the box. TTS I would say, and toe box is ok for me. The synth nubuck looks good too !

Here are some pics :

« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 01:41:20 AM by Cubz »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #788 on: November 07, 2020, 02:53:38 AM »
They actually look pretty solid...

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #789 on: November 07, 2020, 02:57:06 AM »
Yeah they look good to me too

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #790 on: November 07, 2020, 07:41:48 AM »
A few weeks ago I was able to find an unworn pair of the canvas Andrew Allen authentic highs on one of the reseller sites for below retail, and damn these are my favorite skate shoes in a long long time.  I'm generally not a fan at all of high tops, but I leave the top two lace holes empty on these and man they are just so perfect.  I really hope these make it into the regular pro skate lineup sometime soon!

Teddy2Belts

• Rep: 0
« Reply #791 on: November 07, 2020, 01:38:03 PM »

A new possible contender?
https://www.zumiez.com/vans-kyle-walker-pro-black-pewter-white-denim-skate-shoes.html

Might have to try those. I'm still skating and loving my Accel Slim synths. Would just get another pair of those, but the sole is wearing down fast, just as my Accel Plus soles did. Anyone else notice that? Or is it just me and my mob grip?

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #792 on: November 08, 2020, 07:10:58 AM »
Those Walkers have been out for a while. I think the badge on the tongue may be leather. Vans has done a lot of that over the past few years. They may have been discontinued by now as well.
No.

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #793 on: November 09, 2020, 07:54:34 AM »
Does anyone remember there ever being a synthetic version of an OG Accel before?

I'm skating my old skate shoes I used to collect and I love the accel, but never remembered any other material than suede or leather being used.

Anyone got any advice on any reissues or particularly 'chunky' shoes that are vegan? I noticed the Evant has one colourway listed but I'm not entirely sold on the looks.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

padded_shorts

« Reply #794 on: November 09, 2020, 10:39:34 AM »
Does anyone remember there ever being a synthetic version of an OG Accel before?

I'm skating my old skate shoes I used to collect and I love the accel, but never remembered any other material than suede or leather being used.

Anyone got any advice on any reissues or particularly 'chunky' shoes that are vegan? I noticed the Evant has one colourway listed but I'm not entirely sold on the looks.
The Es Symbol looks to be pretty chunky. Also check out the link to the vegan Globe stuff someone posted a few posts back, I think there is a pretty chunky guy there. There is always Osiris. They still make the D3.
No.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #795 on: November 09, 2020, 11:20:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
The Es Symbol looks to be pretty chunky. Also check out the link to the vegan Globe stuff someone posted a few posts back, I think there is a pretty chunky guy there. There is always Osiris. They still make the D3.
Also etnies, haha

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #796 on: November 09, 2020, 02:03:09 PM »

circa and Osiris got you covered: both do early 00s chunky style shoes in synth

vegangangzta

« Reply #797 on: November 09, 2020, 08:39:57 PM »
I have two brand new pairs of Andrew Allen vans black and etnies marana tan/gum

Both still in the box. If anyone needs em hmu

Size 11

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #798 on: November 09, 2020, 09:08:34 PM »
damn I would have taken the Etnies off you if they were in size 10.

I grabbed some Emerica Omen Hi for super cheap, hopefully will keep my ankles a bit warmer over the winter, my 420s breath too much for the colder months I think...

vegangangzta

« Reply #799 on: November 09, 2020, 09:32:19 PM »

I grabbed some Emerica Omen Hi for super cheap, hopefully will keep my ankles a bit warmer over the winter, my 420s breath too much for the colder months I think...

They definitely fit more like 10.5! That’s why I’m parting with em. My other pair I skated for awhile but ended up being too snug for me. I like my 420s as a chill shoe but the design is weird for me to skate. Nice looking shoe though!

padded_shorts

« Reply #800 on: November 10, 2020, 06:52:47 AM »

https://www.thepointskateshop.com/etnies-marana.html?id=48831712
came across this the other day. Not sure if they ship internationally or not.
No.

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #801 on: November 10, 2020, 08:33:32 AM »
Cheers for the suggestions - kinda annoying it's the stuff I remember from when I started in '06 with the big logo on the back or stuff like the Schemes.

I'll keep an eye out and probably drop Don a message on Insta to put the feelers out there on some demand for synthetic chunky shoes haha.

I noticed looking at older catalogs and posts that funny enough some of the older stuff had a lot of synthetic options.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

vegangangzta

« Reply #802 on: November 10, 2020, 02:38:43 PM »

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #803 on: November 10, 2020, 03:04:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Has anyone thought about skating these Vans Mod Slip-Ons? Not billed as skate shoes. But they've got the UltimateWaffle outsole and Rapidweld rubbery stuff on the toe. Not sure what I think (and not psyched on the look). But I did skate the Rapidweld Lite and really liked it.

https://www.vans.com/shop/mod-slip-on-marshmallow-clear#hero=0

[close]
I remember checking those time ago and I'm also super curious about them. Pricey in here but just checked and the price dropped a little bit. I'm tempted.

I'd have to spray paint them if they don't come in black. This is a great idea. I hope other brands bite this sole
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

kneebone

• SLAP Pal

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #805 on: November 10, 2020, 05:04:31 PM »
These just dropped. Look vegan to me

https://www.dcshoes.com/men%27s-manual-s-evan-skate-shoes-ADYS300629.html
pretty sure they are, the DCs I posted a few pages back were actually the manual prototype and even had vegan friendly written on the insoles:

All of Evans models were supposed to vegan but DC screwed him over time and time again, I’m honestly surprised he stayed with them after specifically asking them not to use animal products but then again he microdoses on the regs and eats dog shit so...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 05:46:19 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #806 on: November 10, 2020, 10:31:48 PM »
Pretty sure same thing happened to Mcrank but he took the odd sip of coffee and went for helmetless bike rides...

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #807 on: November 10, 2020, 11:23:05 PM »
Pretty sure same thing happened to Mcrank but he took the odd sip of coffee and went for helmetless bike rides...
McCrank’s case is even weirder because sole tech were always about having vegan options. Hell, they had sheep, they had Ed on emerica and 95% of eS puffy tech shoes in the early 00s were synthetic

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #808 on: November 10, 2020, 11:34:20 PM »
Expand Quote
pretty sure they are, the DCs I posted a few pages back were actually the manual prototype and even had vegan friendly written on the insoles:

All of Evans models were supposed to vegan but DC screwed him over time and time again, I’m honestly surprised he stayed with them after specifically asking them not to use animal products but then again he microdoses on the regs and eats dog shit so...
is evan vegan?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #809 on: November 11, 2020, 12:34:39 AM »
Well he was when his shoe first came out and even did an interview where he said he was angry angry about DC using animal products for his shoe.
Post KOTR though, who knows?