Author Topic: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?  (Read 92943 times)

JANUS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 573
Re: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?
« Reply #1620 on: July 30, 2022, 02:34:17 PM »
You need one of these fits
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Skeleton Pudding

• Rep: 11
  • A liver and a frighter
Lingering effects of COVID
« Reply #1621 on: September 12, 2022, 12:44:26 PM »
I've been over COVID for about a month. Thankfully, I didn't get hit too bad. It mainly felt like the worst day of a cold for 11 days. I also felt super tired and fatigued - particularly in my legs.

I've been skating again and noticing how weak my legs are. My pop sucks, and over the weekend I was skating a Grindline bowl and got a cramp in my upper leg, that cut my session short. I don't know if I've ever experienced a charlie horse like cramp there before.

So for all of you that have danced with covid, are you still feeling any negative effects?

« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 01:09:39 PM by Skeleton Pudding »

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1374
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Lingering effects of COVID
« Reply #1622 on: September 12, 2022, 08:11:03 PM »
I've been over COVID for about a month. Thankfully, I didn't get hit too bad. It mainly felt like the worst day of a cold for 11 days. I also felt super tired and fatigued - particularly in my legs.

I've been skating again and noticing how weak my legs are. My pop sucks, and over the weekend I was skating a Grindline bowl and got a cramp in my upper leg, that cut my session short. I don't know if I've ever experienced a charlie horse like cramp there before.

So for all of you that have danced with covid, are you still feeling any negative effects?

I'm using an inhaler a year later. My stamina period is down. My old lady def got ducked, heart problems, lung, energy etc. Brain fog is lifting in waves.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
  • One Trick Pony
Re: Lingering effects of COVID
« Reply #1623 on: September 12, 2022, 11:11:17 PM »

I’m about a month out from the Vid, I’ve had chest weakness and a lingering cough, it sucks but there’s a lot more I could be stuck with.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 788
« Reply #1624 on: September 12, 2022, 11:38:11 PM »
I had an appointment with my lung doc last week (i've got brutal asthma) some how getting covid twice between the last time I saw her my lungs are actually better than they were in 2021..go figure. The only time you need to wear a mask here in France is for medical appointments. I bet now that kids are back in school and summer holidays are over cases will rise.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #1625 on: September 13, 2022, 05:56:41 AM »
Started wearing a mask in public again, having Covid fucking sucked, and I’ve read some pretty alarming shit about how you can easily catch the new variants multiple times, and how much the risk of serious long terms effects increases each time you get it. 

Kinda blows my mind that everyone I know has gotten it but no one seems concerned enough to wear a mask anymore.  I think they all have the false idea that they’re invincible to it now or something, instead of more at risk of getting messed up.

I’ll make the odd social exception, but having it made me realize I want to be as healthy and protected as reasonably possible.  Plus wearing one keeps the heart rate a little higher, added cardio without the exercise.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #1626 on: September 13, 2022, 04:28:55 PM »
My union steward is on his bullshit about how coronavirus was just a cold and that Fauci has stock in the companies that made the vaccines and is somehow responsible for the deaths of thousands. Still don’t know how he figures that one.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #1627 on: September 13, 2022, 06:13:52 PM »
My union steward is on his bullshit about how coronavirus was just a cold and that Fauci has stock in the companies that made the vaccines and is somehow responsible for the deaths of thousands. Still don’t know how he figures that one.
He did is own research. For sure.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1628 on: September 13, 2022, 08:34:08 PM »

Does he also think unions are no good?

@Freelancevagrant whaddya do about goons in the Union?

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #1629 on: September 14, 2022, 09:21:19 AM »
theyve undone all the mask laws in my city. I can't wear a mask at work, but I've been wearing a KN95 on the train basically since they became more accessible last year. You can wear one for 40 hours total. I had covid in April and it sucked dog dick and my city neglected to make boosters available for people under 65 who aren't immunocompromised until last week. My buddy got it last week.
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1630 on: October 05, 2022, 07:06:59 AM »
Day two of my first time having Covid, whatever the current variant is.

So far it’s not as bad as yesterday, feels like it’s turning into a head cold. I can still smell and taste, headache isn’t as bad (so far) and haven’t had much chest pains, lungs feel ok so far. Spit up some gunk during the night, but that’s probably from smoking weed and all the mucus going down my throat. Worst part is the lack of energy. My sinuses hurt so my entire face hurts.

Yesterday was pretty rough. Fever (although nothing crazy like i’ve had before), sore throat, stuffed nose, sore legs and a lack of sleep. Couldn’t believe how physical it felt, legs were fucked. Seems to be gone today.

Fever had my mind racing and I ended up sleeping 3 hours in two days. I’d get cold, then hot, then cold etc… I’m knocking my ass out with Nyquil tonight, I’m fucking exhausted.

For everyone who have had it, did you notice your symptoms coming in waves ? I’d be fine for an hour or so, than boom, two hours of hell, then back to normal for a bit etc…

Surprised it took this long to catch it seeing as I wasn’t the most careful, still haven’t gone in big crowds though. I’ve got 3 vax doses, didn’t get the 4th one because the 3rd one had me fucked up.

What a strange illness.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1631 on: October 05, 2022, 10:20:38 AM »

So far it’s not as bad as yesterday, feels like it’s turning into a head cold. I can still smell and taste, headache isn’t as bad (so far) and haven’t had much chest pains, lungs feel ok so far. Spit up some gunk during the night, but that’s probably from smoking weed and all the mucus going down my throat. Worst part is the lack of energy. My sinuses hurt so my entire face hurts.

Yesterday was pretty rough. Fever (although nothing crazy like i’ve had before), sore throat, stuffed nose, sore legs and a lack of sleep. Couldn’t believe how physical it felt, legs were fucked. Seems to be gone today.

Fever had my mind racing and I ended up sleeping 3 hours in two days. I’d get cold, then hot, then cold etc… I’m knocking my ass out with Nyquil tonight, I’m fucking exhausted.

For everyone who have had it, did you notice your symptoms coming in waves ? I’d be fine for an hour or so, than boom, two hours of hell, then back to normal for a bit etc…

Surprised it took this long to catch it seeing as I wasn’t the most careful, still haven’t gone in big crowds though. I’ve got 3 vax doses, didn’t get the 4th one because the 3rd one had me fucked up.

What a strange illness.

Pretty sure I just had it again. Thought I had food poisoning or something from eating undercooked beef but I ended up being varying degrees of sick for about 11 days, feeling 80% yesterday.

Low grade fever, no appetite but also very much constipated and the belly was rumbling, followed by head aches, then chest aches/lung issues, followed by sinus issues. Didn't lose smell or taste this time, in fact, now that I'm feeling better my sense of smell is exceptionally strong- this was the case prior to Delta last August, I was very sensitive to smells and it had been muted the past 13 months.

Regarding the waves, I said to my lady last night that this bout, with the waves and peaks, felt like a poison mushroom trip in some ways. Waves of anxiety, waves of nausea, waves of feeling decent.

What finally helped was taking 100mg trazadone 3 nights in a row, forcing me to sleep long and hard.

Whatever this variant is its not hit me like Delta, but feels similar.

As you said, its a strange illness. Having been through synthetic drug withdrawals, that is the closesproblemsI can compare a bad case of covid to. Not the "I've been doing percs for a week and have the flu" shit, but a hard benzo withdrawal with both body and mind problems.

Def feels like something designed to fuck people up.

Take care of yourself, @Boognish. Weed kinda makes it worse for me, water helps  :)

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1632 on: October 05, 2022, 10:57:33 AM »
Expand Quote

What a strange illness.
[close]

Pretty sure I just had it again. Thought I had food poisoning or something from eating undercooked beef but I ended up being varying degrees of sick for about 11 days, feeling 80% yesterday.

Low grade fever, no appetite but also very much constipated and the belly was rumbling, followed by head aches, then chest aches/lung issues, followed by sinus issues. Didn't lose smell or taste this time, in fact, now that I'm feeling better my sense of smell is exceptionally strong- this was the case prior to Delta last August, I was very sensitive to smells and it had been muted the past 13 months.

Regarding the waves, I said to my lady last night that this bout, with the waves and peaks, felt like a poison mushroom trip in some ways. Waves of anxiety, waves of nausea, waves of feeling decent.

What finally helped was taking 100mg trazadone 3 nights in a row, forcing me to sleep long and hard.

Whatever this variant is its not hit me like Delta, but feels similar.

As you said, its a strange illness. Having been through synthetic drug withdrawals, that is the closesproblemsI can compare a bad case of covid to. Not the "I've been doing percs for a week and have the flu" shit, but a hard benzo withdrawal with both body and mind problems.

Def feels like something designed to fuck people up.

Take care of yourself, @Boognish. Weed kinda makes it worse for me, water helps  :)

Haven't smoked since I tested positive, wanted to give the ol' lungs a break. Probably built-up gunk from years of smoking.

Halfway through my day and the difference vs. yesterday is night and day. I feel so much better already, it's just the whole sinus thing that's bothering me. No brain fog, fever seems way down and my legs/muscles don't hurt anymore, just feels like a headcold now.

Fever felt intense last night but strangely never made it above 100. I'm never sick so maybe it felt worse for me than it actually was

Weird thing is yesterday I had the shits all day, literally pissing out of my asshole 6 or 7 times, don't know if diarrhea is a common symptom but that's what happened yesterday.

Took some extra strength Tylenol Sinus and that helped. Staying super hydrated as well. Hopefully it goes by fast.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 11:04:20 AM by TheBoognish »