Author Topic: Anti Hero - The Body Corporate Trailer  (Read 10647 times)

Zimmer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9
Re: Anti Hero - The Body Corporate Trailer
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2017, 10:23:41 PM »
The anti-corporate thing is a bit cheesy when the whole team's shoe sponsors are corporate and your doing an iTunes release.

Buuuut I will surely watch and enjoy this like everyone else.

You can accept corporate money, benefit from corporate services, and still be anti-corporate 8) Without being a hypocrite!

ArtVandelay

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2017, 11:52:35 PM »
Anti-Hero always tells it like it is.

soccer mom

• Rep: -17
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2017, 07:15:46 PM »
I miss Peabody! Can't wait for the video, hope Julien has footy to

disintegration

• Rep: -114
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2017, 03:57:45 AM »
DIV

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2017, 09:53:16 AM »
I miss Peabody!

What's up with him?

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2017, 11:26:12 AM »
Expand Quote
I miss Peabody!
[close]

What's up with him?
Last I heard he was building parks with Grindline, still skates, still rips.

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2017, 06:02:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Which guys did not make the trip to nz?
[close]

Cardiel didn't come.
TNT couldn't because he was broke off.
Pfanner joined for the last part of the trip.

Everyone else was there:
GT
Raney
Daan
Grosso
Peter 'Fuckin' Hewitt
Frank
BA
Julien
Div Adams
The Gut
Robbie Russo
Bino
Patlanta
Kanfoush

All filmed by Buddy and Rick from Six Stair who produce all the Love Letters, Tent City, Israel (I think?) and a bunch of other shit.

No P-Stone in sight so don't hold your breath for any Bru-Ray's from the trip...
[close]

Roy and T-Mo?!

Neither them nor Peabody either.

Is Andy even allowed out of the States?

Fecal Fury

• 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2017, 06:03:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Hope there's Daan street footage in Auckland/Welly street spots.
[close]

whatchu know bout welly..

Daan demo'd AKL last time he was here.

Welly took a beating from what I heard but the guys were raving hard about the South Island so I'd expect a lot of footage from down here.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2017, 09:54:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Which guys did not make the trip to nz?
[close]

Cardiel didn't come.
TNT couldn't because he was broke off.
Pfanner joined for the last part of the trip.

Everyone else was there:
GT
Raney
Daan
Grosso
Peter 'Fuckin' Hewitt
Frank
BA
Julien
Div Adams
The Gut
Robbie Russo
Bino
Patlanta
Kanfoush

All filmed by Buddy and Rick from Six Stair who produce all the Love Letters, Tent City, Israel (I think?) and a bunch of other shit.

No P-Stone in sight so don't hold your breath for any Bru-Ray's from the trip...
[close]

Roy and T-Mo?!
[close]

Neither them nor Peabody either.

Is Andy even allowed out of the States?

I would guess he is not. My wife is from NZ and I lived there for 5 years, will be cool seeing them over there yet will make my wife homesick.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2017, 08:16:13 PM »
Despite my griefing about the Six Stair formula, I am psyched to see this, even with my hate of super 8 footage (sorry).

That said, I gotta concur with Gary Rogers - they could film a full length every 2 weeks if they wanted to just by rolling tape during sessions. Seeing that shit go down in person is no joke.

Fecal Fury

• 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2017, 01:15:12 PM »
Despite my griefing about the Six Stair formula, I am psyched to see this, even with my hate of super 8 footage (sorry).

That said, I gotta concur with Gary Rogers - they could film a full length every 2 weeks if they wanted to just by rolling tape during sessions. Seeing that shit go down in person is no joke.

That's what blew me away about them in the flesh; their sessions are so relaxed yet when they step on the board they just operate at a mindblowingly phenomenal level the whole time. Also everything they do is so spontaneous, nothing is planned, and they kill themselves as a result but bounce back.

I watched GT get fucking worked when he hung up while no-one was watching. He limped his way slowly out of the small end of the bowl, sat down for what seemed like 2 minutes then went straight to the big bowl and put on a clinic without a flinch.

Bino killed himself over and over for an insane FS ollie into this steep bank and was so nonchalant about the whole thing, even when he got it.

micky682

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2017, 04:01:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's what blew me away about them in the flesh; their sessions are so relaxed yet when they step on the board they just operate at a mindblowingly phenomenal level the whole time. Also everything they do is so spontaneous, nothing is planned, and they kill themselves as a result but bounce back.

I watched GT get fucking worked when he hung up while no-one was watching. He limped his way slowly out of the small end of the bowl, sat down for what seemed like 2 minutes then went straight to the big bowl and put on a clinic without a flinch.

Bino killed himself over and over for an insane FS ollie into this steep bank and was so nonchalant about the whole thing, even when he got it.
Got more stories? I love Anti Hero and the team does not stop getting better.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2017, 08:53:43 PM »
watching Andy Roy and phelps hang out is like a skate version of bubbles and Ricky but even dumber. 

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2017, 07:19:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I saw them at FDR in the early 2000s. It started to rain a little bit and I told Cardiel he should stop skating the back bowls because the painted concrete gets slick as ice when they are even slightly wet. He barged a line anyway and slid out and ate shit. I resisted the urge to say "What the fuck did I say, Dick?" because I wasn't sure he'd get the reference.

The next day they tore the place a new one. Cardiel did a Mach 3 back tail on a super tricky wall, Hewitt was doing these super high powerslides on the pillar, and long hair in his prime TNT just did the craziest shit ever, seemingly on impulse. He might have tried 2-3 tricks twice but mostly it was just him doing a brand new line then doing some insane gap no one had ever considered before or something higher than anyone else had ever done. It was amazing to see.

Fecal Fury

• 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2017, 07:58:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

They showed up bang on 3pm for the demo when they were supposed to, even though it'd been raining until about 12pm and non-stop for the few days prior. Gentlemen.

They spent all the time in the world talking to people. Even Patlanta who looked like he'd kill your children just for breathing in his vicinity.

Peter sat in the van high as fuck for the most part.

Their party van was annihilated, with foliage of every kind lining the inside of it. Full on jungle steeze.

BA put on a little group kickflip clinic for about 10 kids, and I overheard him raving on and on to Frank about how pumped he was and how sick it was that he was able to teach all these kids something, and how receptive they were.

BA & Frank are also a fucking funny duo.

Daan spent an unusual amount of time skating around by himself, casually destroying shit while the rest of the crew were sessioning features together.
He'd just jump in and out of their sessions like he was there the whole time.
Case in point:
https://www.facebook.com/AirtimeNZ/videos/vl.369042883479690/1220206834773012/?type=1

He also didn't stop skating for like 8 hours, drank a large amount of shitty beer and maintained the whole time...

Sean Gutierrez & Div Adam were a good yarn, but I think mainly because they were super keen to talk about how mindblown they were about the differences between NZ & overseas. They had tonnes to talk about.

Robbie Russo is quiet as fuck but is a seriously smooth tranny skater.

Raney is a fucking animal of a skater but has a heart of gold. He thought my little boy was so rad he took him off to the miniramp section and spent a bunch of time doing a one on one drop-in to rock n roll session with him.

Austin and Patlanta skate so fucking fast it's ridiculous. I don't know how they had the stamina to keep trying the shit they were trying.
Also Austin is surprisingly way better at skating gigantic bowls than you think he is.

Grosso's fat ass pulled off an insane BS Smith on this vert extension that leads into a cradle.

The Grant Taylor show is something I'll never forget. The way you see him skate in all those vids is just the way that he skates ALL the time.
He also has a huge bag of dumb ass dork tricks on tiny features that I suspect comes from hanging with CK1 too much. I witnessed an impromptu SW Laser Flip off a tiny little bump. (He didn't land it but he put his feet on it)
Imagine an 8 hour long Bru-Ray vid of Grant. That's what it's like watching him skate in person.

Julien seriously has his head screwed on with his crew. It's crazy how organic they all are together which was no more apparent then when we were all sitting together drinking beers together at the end of the night watching Bino loft his FS ollie.

Craziest part of watching them all skate was that it was just another skatepark to them, and you know they do way gnarlier shit day in day out in the streets.

Memoirs from the day include some wheels GT gave to my kid, Austin gave him his board as well, and Grosso's old board that they all signed which is the only one I have on the wall, at my wife's insistence. Also Bino's board he broke doing the ollie.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 08:00:32 PM by Fecal Fury »

Thrash-trash

• Rep: 4
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2017, 09:27:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

They showed up bang on 3pm for the demo when they were supposed to, even though it'd been raining until about 12pm and non-stop for the few days prior. Gentlemen.

They spent all the time in the world talking to people. Even Patlanta who looked like he'd kill your children just for breathing in his vicinity.

Their party van was annihilated, with foliage of every kind lining the inside of it. Full on jungle steeze.

BA put on a little group kickflip clinic for about 10 kids, and I overheard him raving on and on to Frank about how pumped he was and how sick it was that he was able to teach all these kids something, and how receptive they were.

Daan spent an unusual amount of time skating around by himself, casually destroying shit while the rest of the crew were sessioning features together.
Case in point:
https://www.facebook.com/AirtimeNZ/videos/vl.369042883479690/1220206834773012/?type=1

He also didn't stop skating for like 8 hours, drank a large amount of shitty beer and maintained the whole time...

Sean Gutierrez & Div Adam were a good yarn, but I think mainly because they were super keen to talk about how mindblown they were about the differences between NZ & overseas. They had tonnes to talk about.

Raney is a fucking animal of a skater but has a heart of gold. He thought my little boy was so rad he took him off to the miniramp section and spent a bunch of time doing a one on one drop-in to rock n roll session with him.

Austin and Patlanta skate so fucking fast it's ridiculous. I don't know how they had the stamina to keep trying the shit they were trying.
Also Austin is surprisingly way better at skating gigantic bowls than you think he is.

Grosso's fat ass pulled off an insane BS Smith on this vert extension that leads into a cradle.

The Grant Taylor show is something I'll never forget. The way you see him skate in all those vids is just the way that he skates ALL the time.
He also has a huge bag of dumb ass dork tricks on tiny features that I suspect comes from hanging with CK1 too much. I witnessed an impromptu SW Laser Flip off a tiny little bump. (He didn't land it but he put his feet on it)
Imagine an 8 hour long Bru-Ray vid of Grant. That's what it's like watching him skate in person.

Julien seriously has his head screwed on with his crew. It's crazy how organic they all are together which was no more apparent then when we were all sitting together drinking beers together at the end of the night watching Bino loft his FS ollie.

Craziest part of watching them all skate was that it was just another skatepark to them, and you know they do way gnarlier shit day in day out in the streets.

Memoirs from the day include some wheels GT gave to my kid, Austin gave him his board as well, and Grosso's old board that they all signed which is the only one I have on the wall, at my wife's insistence. Also Bino's board he broke doing the ollie.

Great story telling. I pictured it all in my mind while reading. You sir, deserve a Pulitzer prize for that one. Thanks, that was rad!

Zimmer

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2017, 03:23:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Case in point:

[close]

Great story telling. I pictured it all in my mind while reading. You sir, deserve a Pulitzer prize for that one. Thanks, that was rad!

+1 Made me feel like I was there! 8)

Fecal Fury

• 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2017, 06:49:00 PM »
Just popped up on my News Feed:

JumpManShorty

• Rep: -86
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2017, 09:03:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Case in point:

Im interested to hear what Sean Gutierrez & Adam had to say about NZ? What were some differences they noticed?

Edit: I'm from NZ and know it's hell different. But would like to hear what an outsider thinks!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:04:59 PM by JumpManShorty »

Fecal Fury

• 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2017, 10:03:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Case in point:

[close]

Im interested to hear what Sean Gutierrez & Adam had to say about NZ? What were some differences they noticed?

Edit: I'm from NZ and know it's hell different. But would like to hear what an outsider thinks!

Just the usual shit. Kiwis are friendly as and we're welcoming at all the spots. They tripped out on how varied the natural terrain is and the proximity of everything. In the states they drive for hours through the mountains or desert and the scene never changes. Here they can go from the coast to the Southern Lakes in 4 hours with all sorts of shit in between.

I was asking about the DIY scene in the states and Grindline and they were saying how they go to work all day building parks then go build DIY's in their off time. They live and breathe skating.

Was also trippy listening to how they're all balancing families and responsibilities now too. For being a bunch of piled out wasters they're now making an effort to get clean and take better care of themselves, their communities and the Earth in general.

They partnered up with Mizu for the trip and didn't buy a single bottle of water the whole time in an effort to reduce their impact of the shitty bottled water industry, and because our tap water is so clean.

Put it this way, at the end of the night when they outnumbered us locals 2 to 1, they rounded up all their empties and rubbish left behind by the useless locals, and put it by the trash cans.

That's not to say that they didn't drink and smoke a tonne and burn through pounds of cheef on their voyage while being indiscriminately profane.

They're just as gnarly as you see in the video's, just perhaps a bit more conscious about wellbeing.

Daniel

• Rep: 8
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2017, 08:12:53 AM »
Seeing GT skate in person must be quite the experience.

Zimmer

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2017, 08:30:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Case in point:

[close]

[close]

Just the usual shit. Kiwis are friendly as and we're welcoming at all the spots. They tripped out on how varied the natural terrain is and the proximity of everything. In the states they drive for hours through the mountains or desert and the scene never changes. Here they can go from the coast to the Southern Lakes in 4 hours with all sorts of shit in between.

I was asking about the DIY scene in the states and Grindline and they were saying how they go to work all day building parks then go build DIY's in their off time. They live and breathe skating.

Was also trippy listening to how they're all balancing families and responsibilities now too. For being a bunch of piled out wasters they're now making an effort to get clean and take better care of themselves, their communities and the Earth in general.

They partnered up with Mizu for the trip and didn't buy a single bottle of water the whole time in an effort to reduce their impact of the shitty bottled water industry, and because our tap water is so clean.

Put it this way, at the end of the night when they outnumbered us locals 2 to 1, they rounded up all their empties and rubbish left behind by the useless locals, and put it by the trash cans.

That's not to say that they didn't drink and smoke a tonne and burn through pounds of cheef on their voyage while being indiscriminately profane.

They're just as gnarly as you see in the video's, just perhaps a bit more conscious about wellbeing.

:') brb, buying a stack of AH decks.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2017, 05:12:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Case in point:

[close]

[close]

+1 Made me feel like I was there! 8)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

doublesteveburger

« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2017, 12:13:05 AM »
Your descriptive story-telling is on fucking point. Such a good read. Can't wait for the video.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2017, 12:42:00 PM »
There is a premier at Burnside this weekend. Hopefully it will be online shortly after.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2017, 06:23:39 AM »
Anyone see this ?

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2017, 06:49:32 AM »
Who is "Bino"?

Otherwise, fucking stoked to see this shit!
p-shuvs and v-flips

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2017, 10:05:00 AM »
Who is "Bino"?

Otherwise, fucking stoked to see this shit!
@12:20

disintegration

• Rep: -114
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2017, 03:29:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Case in point:

[close]

New Zealand and Scotland are very similar.