Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 463291 times)

nonickname and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Owen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
    • My Photos avatar image
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #4860 on: April 12, 2023, 05:07:48 AM »
Isn't it strange that Joao Cancello, who is loaned from Man City to Bayern Munich, played in this fixture in the Champions League?

In the premier league you aren't allowed to play in these scenarios

Pretty wack of the Man City fans to boo him heavily as well
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #4861 on: April 12, 2023, 10:16:04 AM »
Isn't it strange that Joao Cancello, who is loaned from Man City to Bayern Munich, played in this fixture in the Champions League?

They did some alterations to cup ties to keep from excluding mid-season transfers.   Had no idea it extended to loans

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4862 on: April 12, 2023, 10:18:55 AM »
The one weekend I miss of foot and so much goes down.

Roberson grabbed his arm no, and the linesman was just pushing him away from what I saw. Blow out of proportion due to media...

For OL they were/are pissed at the current state of the team, losing to Nates (in the League Cup) was the last straw. Rayan Cherki isn't doing them any favor's.

City are on fire, but that save from Sommer last night was class. Still hoping Napoli win the CL thou but that is a long ways away.

Glad I missed the Leeds match.

I missed the news about Ben Forster back playing foot again for Wrexham. Crazy with the new owners and all the media they are getting. Had no idea. His youtube channel is worth a look, especially the last match against Notts. he does a great job of capturing the excitement of that match. Hope they go up.

I was surprised when I saw this too.   The Wrexham story is what Ted Lasso should have been about (on the football side).   

You’ve really got to feel for Notts County though.   They’re keeping pace with likely a fraction of the funding and without these ringers from higher leagues.    I still remember when there was talk like 10-15 years ago of them getting a rich daddy owner and they hired Sven Goran Erickson to help them with the promotion push…and that all seemed to fizzle out in about 1/2 season

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #4863 on: April 12, 2023, 12:25:57 PM »

I see this take a lot, even among our own fans.
But the guy lost his form and his place in the team.
Instead of fighting for his place, bitched, complained and apparently got physical in training. Essentially forced his way out the team when the chips were down.
They had every right to boo him.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #4864 on: April 13, 2023, 09:28:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Instead of fighting for his place, bitched, complained and apparently got physical in training. Essentially forced his way out the team when the chips were down.

I hadn't heard this side of things re his form, only that he had supposedly had disagreements with Pep.

I guess I disagree more broadly with the sentiment of booing any player, especially so when that player contributed to the team winning the last two Premier League titles.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4865 on: April 14, 2023, 12:16:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I hadn't heard this side of things re his form, only that he had supposedly had disagreements with Pep.

I guess I disagree more broadly with the sentiment of booing any player, especially so when that player contributed to the team winning the last two Premier League titles.

Right and it’s not quite a mercenary squad, but no one’s coming there because they love the club…

Sorry, Bellingham shit has me even more annoyed by them

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #4866 on: April 19, 2023, 01:00:34 AM »
I completely forgot all about Sven Goran Erickson at Notts!

Well I guess Frank didn't pull of a miracle like they were hoping for. Gonna be a bumpy end of the season for Chelsea.

Napoli did well to get that far, hopefully they can concentrate on winning the league now which in its own rite is a very good result.

Not even gonna talk about Leeds.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4867 on: April 19, 2023, 01:31:39 AM »
I completely forgot all about Sven Goran Erickson at Notts!

Well I guess Frank didn't pull of a miracle like they were hoping for. Gonna be a bumpy end of the season for Chelsea.

Napoli did well to get that far, hopefully they can concentrate on winning the league now which in its own rite is a very good result.

Not even gonna talk about Leeds.

Can’t imagine why they thought Frank would!   I get the romanticized nature of it, but it shows a complete lack of actual football know-how there (not to mention the owner should have just bough Brighton at a premium and turned them into a big fish rather than spend a fuck ton of money taking a handful of their players and manager).   I get Potter had to go, but the guy who almost got Everton relegated for the first time wouldn’t have been my choice.  I’d have maybe gambled on seeing what John Terry could do since he’s been coaching at Leicester

Wild the semis could be Milan derby.   Was kinda rooting for Napoli, as I have a weird relationship with Milan seeing as their last time in the semis was the year they beat Liverpool in a upsetting final (mainly because the tournament rounds Liverpool played thst year were so memorable including my favorite Liverpool match I’ve ever watched - the one where Craig Bellamy scored and celebrated with a golf swing after attacking Riise with a golf club over singing Red Red Wine and then Bellamy set up Riise with the winner that very same game against Barca … of lesser note Rafa Benitez sitting cross-legged on the touch line as we went to pens against Chelsea).   

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2561
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4868 on: April 19, 2023, 08:31:05 AM »
Kinda mad at Napoli as a neutral. It would have been sick to have a new club in the semis.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4869 on: April 19, 2023, 11:38:52 PM »
I kinda feel bad for Upamecano, and handball laws suck right now.

badmanganjaspliff

• Rep: 2
  • You pies
« Reply #4870 on: April 20, 2023, 05:02:18 AM »
Expand Quote

Roberson grabbed his arm no, and the linesman was just pushing him away from what I saw. Blow out of proportion due to media...

For OL they were/are pissed at the current state of the team, losing to Nates (in the League Cup) was the last straw. Rayan Cherki isn't doing them any favor's.

City are on fire, but that save from Sommer last night was class. Still hoping Napoli win the CL thou but that is a long ways away.

I missed the news about Ben Forster back playing foot again for Wrexham. Crazy with the new owners and all the media they are getting. Had no idea. His youtube channel is worth a look, especially the last match against Notts. he does a great job of capturing the excitement of that match. Hope they go up.
[close]

I was surprised when I saw this too.   The Wrexham story is what Ted Lasso should have been about (on the football side).   

You’ve really got to feel for Notts County though.   They’re keeping pace with likely a fraction of the funding and without these ringers from higher leagues.    I still remember when there was talk like 10-15 years ago of them getting a rich daddy owner and they hired Sven Goran Erickson to help them with the promotion push…and that all seemed to fizzle out in about 1/2 season
County will go up this season through hard work and Wrexham will go up purely thanks to hollywood money

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4871 on: April 20, 2023, 06:08:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
County will go up this season through hard work and Wrexham will go up purely thanks to hollywood money

It’s not even the money, Robson-Kanu wants to come back out of retirement to play for them and is going to donate his salary to charity.   I think it’s just kinda becoming a reclaimation point for Welsh pride at this point.   

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4872 on: April 20, 2023, 06:23:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

It’s not even the money, Robson-Kanu wants to come back out of retirement to play for them and is going to donate his salary to charity.   I think it’s just kinda becoming a reclaimation point for Welsh pride at this point.

Yeah saw he offered to play and donate his salary. Didn't know that Wrexham are the third oldest club pretty crazy. I'd take Hollywood money in a heart beat over oil money...

The Milan derby should be interesting to watch for the CL.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4873 on: April 20, 2023, 06:47:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Yeah saw he offered to play and donate his salary. Didn't know that Wrexham are the third oldest club pretty crazy. I'd take Hollywood money in a heart beat over oil money...

The Milan derby should be interesting to watch for the CL.

Oh yeah i mean they don’t have that much money, which is why they bought a basement team.   Being able to afford a few good league two players and a manager feels a million times less gross than spending 100M recklessly bc the players at least have to slum it a bit

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4874 on: April 21, 2023, 12:39:16 AM »
Yeah read Wrexham cost them around 2 million pound. I think the TV money from whatever show they are doing plus the increased attendance/merch sales will pay off. I hope they go up, and Notts also.

West Ham in a semi final in Europe, and MANU sent home..didn't watch them but will watch the highlights at lunch unless it drys up.

Newcastle · Tottenham Sunday should be interesting.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #4875 on: April 21, 2023, 03:28:59 AM »
As a German Football fan, who doesn’t support Munich, their elimination gave me a lot of schadenfreude. I feel they got what they deserved for canning their manager at a point where they were still in the running for a triple. Now, only a few weeks later they have been eliminated in the cup and in the champions league. They are still in the first spot in the League, but winning the league is never enough for them. They have one it 8 years in a row I think. The arrogance they have…

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4876 on: April 21, 2023, 06:35:17 AM »
Yeah read Wrexham cost them around 2 million pound. I think the TV money from whatever show they are doing plus the increased attendance/merch sales will pay off. I hope they go up, and Notts also.

West Ham in a semi final in Europe, and MANU sent home..didn't watch them but will watch the highlights at lunch unless it drys up.

Newcastle · Tottenham Sunday should be interesting.

They also bought the grounds back from whomever it was sold to, but I can’t imagine that was too much.   I’d actually recommend the Welcome to Wrexham show.

Good for West Ham.  Back to back semis

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #4877 on: April 21, 2023, 12:48:26 PM »
No matter the outcome of this Arsenal/Southampton game today I now hate Martinelli. Totally undercuts Bednarek who literally does a somersault and folds in half upon landing...and Martinelli walks away without checking on him and gestures to the ref as if he's the aggrieved party by giving up a free kick. Fuck that guy.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4878 on: April 23, 2023, 05:47:05 AM »
Well Wrexham did it. I don't have the tv show here, might try to download it.

Bayern are not top of the table anymore @S. ! I believe that's called Karma.

They didn't show the Martinelli tackle in the canal+ highlights so didn't see it. I'll have to look on YouTube for it.

Man Leeds are gonna go down at this rate..watch bleeding Millwall will come up..

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4879 on: April 23, 2023, 07:05:16 AM »
Hate double posting but 5-0 in 21 mins...crazy..not a good day to be a Spurs fan

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4880 on: April 23, 2023, 09:46:41 AM »
Looks like Chelsea is down to just Pochettino.   Luis Enrique is out of the running now.

nonickname

« Reply #4881 on: April 24, 2023, 06:12:10 AM »

They didn't show the Martinelli tackle in the canal+ highlights so didn't see it. I'll have to look on YouTube for it.

Man Leeds are gonna go down at this rate..watch bleeding Millwall will come up..

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11095/12864964/ref-watch-dermot-gallagher-delivers-verdict-on-premier-league-and-scottish-premiership-action

Hopefully the vid link in this works for you Siota. Cheers

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4882 on: April 25, 2023, 05:50:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11095/12864964/ref-watch-dermot-gallagher-delivers-verdict-on-premier-league-and-scottish-premiership-action

Hopefully the vid link in this works for you Siota. Cheers

Cheers, no the vidoes are blocked here. I'll look around this afternoon thou.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4883 on: May 04, 2023, 03:31:15 AM »
Here is hoping Napoli do it tonight. A draw will do.

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #4884 on: May 06, 2023, 11:26:58 AM »
Liverpool will be fine next year with Alexander-Arnold in the midfield. Anything to keep Klopp there so Ange doesnt leave Celtic 🤞🏻

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4885 on: May 06, 2023, 12:52:53 PM »
Liverpool will be fine next year with Alexander-Arnold in the midfield. Anything to keep Klopp there so Ange doesnt leave Celtic 🤞🏻

Looks like MacAllister is on our likely side whilst Gravenberch is a hopeful maybe.    Sour that we couldn’t land Jude, but honestly it never was going to make financial sense even if it made emotional sense.  I’m just glad he’s likely going to RM and not to City

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4886 on: May 08, 2023, 03:57:54 AM »
I’m assuming lot of posters rooting for Real tomorrow : )

nonickname

« Reply #4887 on: May 09, 2023, 11:20:23 AM »
I’m assuming lot of posters rooting for Real tomorrow : )

Actually I'd love to see the guy who blackmails his teammates and sleeps with underage prostitutes lose. Call me weird that way. Either way I'm off to man the grill as I have guys from my Sunday team coming over for the game - cheers!

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4888 on: May 14, 2023, 01:19:32 AM »
Glad Notts County did it.

Leeds looked better but way to late Bamford's penalty miss probably cost them the premier league. Hopefully city fields a strong team and wins...sorry Everton fans.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4889 on: May 14, 2023, 01:30:52 AM »
Glad Notts County did it.

Leeds looked better but way to late Bamford's penalty miss probably cost them the premier league. Hopefully city fields a strong team and wins...sorry Everton fans.

I respect Vardy for never leaving, but also kind of a bummer he never really got show what he can do at a top club.   I’m guessing he sticks with Leicester even when/if they drop down