Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 464678 times)

Mooley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #1080 on: August 25, 2011, 03:07:20 PM »
Group A is going to be a fun one. Hopefully some surprises in store elsewhere, looks like relatively easy work for United and Inter especially.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1081 on: August 25, 2011, 04:05:09 PM »
sturm graz failed bigtime, bummed on that.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #1082 on: August 26, 2011, 09:29:24 AM »
I usually find the group stages to be really, really boring but  it was fun to watch Tottenham's group last year and it's going to be awesome watching Manchester City's group of death.  People seem to be writing off Villareal but if they hold onto Rossi they can nick second in that group.  Arsenal could be in trouble too...

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1083 on: August 26, 2011, 10:56:23 AM »
Arsenal are in trouble all over the place. I could almost see Wenger getting sacked before Villas-Boas. I wouldn't be surprised anyway.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1084 on: August 26, 2011, 11:22:53 AM »
Arsenal are in trouble all over the place. I could almost see Wenger getting sacked before Villas-Boas. I wouldn't be surprised anyway.

Haha.  I think Chelsea's days of sacking managers after 1 failure might be over for a little.  I think this is Roman's way of admitting he was wrong to sack Jose by giving AVB a chance.  Who knows.  Arsene is certainly safe for 1 more season at least by qualifying.

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1085 on: August 26, 2011, 03:34:45 PM »
Stoked on Shamrock Rovers making it through to the group stage of the UEFA cup last night.  Chances are they won't qualify, particularly against Spurs, but hey, they're the first League of Ireland team to get to the group stages of any European competition...

Absolute screamer...

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #1086 on: August 27, 2011, 08:34:39 AM »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1087 on: August 27, 2011, 08:11:37 PM »
You got knocked the fuck out!!

But really, as much as I hate that fucking guy, I hope he turns out all right.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
« Reply #1088 on: August 27, 2011, 09:31:07 PM »
Stoked on Shamrock Rovers making it through to the group stage of the UEFA cup last night.  Chances are they won't qualify, particularly against Spurs, but hey, they're the first League of Ireland team to get to the group stages of any European competition...

Fuck it, they're in the group stage, that actually means they've qualified, non? Besides, they kicked out Partizan, always a plus.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1089 on: August 27, 2011, 10:22:24 PM »
I'm stoked my decision to buy a Suarez jersey the day we signed him didn't turn out to be overly hasty, dude is absolutely killing it. 

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #1090 on: August 28, 2011, 09:34:03 AM »
City's got a lot of fucking fire power.

Money like waterrrrr

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1091 on: August 28, 2011, 01:39:43 PM »
City's got a lot of fucking fire power.

Money like waterrrrr
And upstaged yet again.  Glory, glory, Man. United!

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #1092 on: August 28, 2011, 04:11:11 PM »
Man United was amazing today. Bummed on the fact that Wellbeck got hurt, I like him way more than Chicharito.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1093 on: August 28, 2011, 04:17:49 PM »
Can't wait for the next Manchester derby.

Citeh!

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1094 on: August 29, 2011, 08:25:38 AM »
Man United was amazing today. Bummed on the fact that Wellbeck got hurt, I like him way more than Chicharito.

Based on what?

So many good goals this weekend.  Dzeko's 4th.  Both of Ashley Young's.  Bosignwa.

Rambo: The Skateboard Pimp

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1095 on: August 30, 2011, 01:02:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Based on what?

So many good goals this weekend.  Dzeko's 4th.  Both of Ashley Young's.  Bosignwa.

I think Hernandez might've lost his place in the team before Welbeck's injury.  Since Welbeck was on form and Young, Rooney, Nani are all on form and even Anderson is starting to settle properly.  Man Utd just dont need the target man as much, and that's a pisstake for Hernandez cos he battered last season.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1096 on: August 31, 2011, 11:49:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Based on what?

So many good goals this weekend.?  Dzeko's 4th.?  Both of Ashley Young's.?  Bosignwa.
[close]
I think Hernandez might've lost his place in the team before Welbeck's injury.?  Since Welbeck was on form and Young, Rooney, Nani are all on form and even Anderson is starting to settle properly.?  Man Utd just dont need the target man as much, and that's a pisstake for Hernandez cos he battered last season.

Wahhh? Chicharito a target man?  Hmmm not quite.  There's no way he lost his place though.  He was injured.  Welbeck would have dropped no matter what he did.  Young, Nani, and Anderson's form have little to do with Chicarito's position.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #1097 on: August 31, 2011, 01:18:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Based on what?

So many good goals this weekend.?  Dzeko's 4th.?  Both of Ashley Young's.?  Bosignwa.
[close]
I think Hernandez might've lost his place in the team before Welbeck's injury.?  Since Welbeck was on form and Young, Rooney, Nani are all on form and even Anderson is starting to settle properly.?  Man Utd just dont need the target man as much, and that's a pisstake for Hernandez cos he battered last season.
[close]

Wahhh? Chicharito a target man?  Hmmm not quite.  There's no way he lost his place though.  He was injured.  Welbeck would have dropped no matter what he did.  Young, Nani, and Anderson's form have little to do with Chicarito's position.
Wellbeck had played some pre season and a few games this season only cos hernandez is not fully fit yet, no way would he have lost his place to him.
Cleverely is looking fantastic and so is Smalling, great as right back as well as centre back.
You can tell as well that Rooney and Young have been practising those freekicks in training. Rooney is absolutely on form at the moment, rampant in every game.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #1098 on: August 31, 2011, 03:27:21 PM »
yall been paying attention to this transfer business... window closed 20 min ago.

-the craziest imo is forlan to inter. fucking hyped on that, mostly because aguero left.
-yossi benayoun, arteta to arsenal (im forgetting someone) everton is fucked.
-crouch to stoke
-bentdner to sunderland on loan
-raul miereles put in a transfer request 30 min before the window closed. signed a 4yr deal with chelsea. i personally loved raul miereles and would take him over downing, adam, henderson. but you cant blame him seeing as though hes taken a back seat to them.
-other lfc news: ngog to bolton, joe cole to lille
-spurs signed scott parker, modric still there. (miereles was chelseas consolation prize)

plenty of other stuff going on, but thats off the top of my head.

also heard a dumb rumor that man city offered 100m + super mario for messi. lololololzzz

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1099 on: August 31, 2011, 03:44:17 PM »
Lots of crazy moves going on.

Meireles should be good for Chelsea

Hargreaves joining City was interesting. It will be good to see him playing again but I cant see that happening much.

Also Craig Bellamy signed back with Liverpool. He's a tramp, but I think he's actually pretty good.

This season is looking great.

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #1100 on: August 31, 2011, 03:45:50 PM »
^^forgot about bellamy. syked on that. also, sean wright phillips to qpr.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1101 on: August 31, 2011, 04:25:25 PM »
Really solid window for Liverpool. All the Hodgson dead weight is gone (and Meireles which is somewhat disappointing).

Still can't believe Arsenal. You've known Cesc was leaving for two years and you end up with a deadline day push for Mikel Arteta? Staggering.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1102 on: August 31, 2011, 10:57:31 PM »

Hargreaves joining City was interesting. It will be good to see him playing again but I cant see that happening much.

Also Craig Bellamy signed back with Liverpool. He's a tramp, but I think he's actually pretty good.

The Hargreaves thing is interesting. Of anyone on the United squad that they could have splashed cash on, you wouldn't expect it to be a guy who has hardly played for the last three years. And yes, for being such a goon, Bellamy is pretty talented.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1103 on: September 01, 2011, 01:49:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
The Hargreaves thing is interesting. Of anyone on the United squad that they could have splashed cash on, you wouldn't expect it to be a guy who has hardly played for the last three years. And yes, for being such a goon, Bellamy is pretty talented.

Free transfer. I'm just stoked someone's giving him another shot, hopefully he gets himself back on track. Have to lend support to the hometowner even if he's playing in Manchester.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1104 on: September 01, 2011, 07:08:07 AM »
Some thoughts:

I can't believe Harry is saying Chelsea offered 40 million for Modric!  I think Spurs would have definitely went back on their word if Chelsea would have offered that in June/July.  Getting 40 million that late is nice but would have crippled Spurs so they were smart not to accept it.  I think that Meireles will fit in great at Chelsea he's a perfect replacement for the injured Essien.  Daglish clearly is biased against foreign players, sometimes for good reason, but Meireles definitely has the passion that most non British players (arsenal players) lack.  Should be interesting to see if Bentley or Joe Cole can get back to form.  The only player that Arsenal wisely spent their money on is Mertesacker imo.  A fragile center mid of Wilshire and Arteta will get bullied by most in the league.  They still have no one near competant enough to play holding midfield. 

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #1105 on: September 02, 2011, 01:42:19 PM »
This is what happens when a super strong team, Holland, faces a super weak team, San Marino

11-0

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #1106 on: September 02, 2011, 01:48:59 PM »
How about that German team?

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #1107 on: September 02, 2011, 03:10:21 PM »
who cares about germany?

Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1108 on: September 11, 2011, 09:13:24 AM »
Manchester United killed it!! Plus I jumped from 12th to 5th in my fantasy league!

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #1109 on: September 11, 2011, 04:01:30 PM »
Rooney's on top form, 8 goals in 4 games!!! it's got to be his season this year!
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit