Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 464476 times)

Spike Hawke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #1410 on: May 18, 2012, 08:03:56 AM »
Ha, amazing way to sign off the season. Dont forget that traitor Torres might get a game so I still think its gonna be high scoring. Probably wont get a game if Drogba is fit. His last game for Chelsea?

holden caulfield

• Rep: -33
« Reply #1411 on: May 18, 2012, 08:12:48 AM »
yaya toure has also publicly expressed his desire to go back to barca, that would really make things interesting for the barca real rivalry.

but i disagree with the epl being the best league in the world, i just dont see it. people criticize la liga for being a two horse race, yet that is exactly what the epl was this year. not to mention la liga teams dominated europa league, and saw bilbao defeat man u in back to back games, despite man u fielding a strong squad.

if you ignore real madrid and barcelona, la liga is the most competitive league in the world, and teams like bilbao, atletico madrid, valencia, malaga and levante are as competitive as any epl teams aside from maybe man u and man city, although as i already mentioned, bilbao did actually beat man u twice this season.

serie a is also extremely competitive, and it is also nice because it is not always the same teams that do well. this season it was ac and juve, but it could've easily been inter and udinese at the top. same goes for bundesliga.

aside from that, i also personally just dont like the type of soccer they play in england. id rather watch liga or italian soccer. tighter more tactical games, greater ball control, less emphasis on fitness/physicality...but thats just my personal opinion.

and as for the final tomorrow, 2-1 bayern.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1412 on: May 18, 2012, 08:18:38 AM »
Fucking Yaya Toure...unbelievable. He's already like the highest paid at City isn't he? He is an excellent player, nobody is questioning that, but this is ridiculous.

I actually think the Bundesliga is pretty dope - really like what Jurgen Klopp is doing at BVB, young and exciting squad, lots of style.

It was kind of a two horse race this year in the EPL, I mean, 19 point gap between third place Arsenal and the top two Manchester clubs? That's on some La Liga shit

holden caulfield

« Reply #1413 on: May 18, 2012, 08:37:32 AM »
for sure. i really respect the bundesliga actually for their financial fairplay policy. should be really interesting to see what happens over the next couple of years when FFP spreads to the other 3 leagues. although im sure the big money clubs will find all sorts of accounting loopholes to circumvent the system.

a bayern win over chelsea would be a huge win for FFP in general, since it would prove that FFP teams can beat teams like chelsea that just spend beyond their means.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #1414 on: May 18, 2012, 12:30:22 PM »
atleast Fiorentina have a good reason to have a crappy season, there ex-manager was mental.

Seriously? Calling Delio Rossi a mental is bullshit to me..they had a crappy team, full of blownout cheap players and could only rely on Montolivo and Jovetic..come on
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1415 on: May 18, 2012, 03:11:57 PM »
yaya toure has also publicly expressed his desire to go back to barca, that would really make things interesting for the barca real rivalry.

but i disagree with the epl being the best league in the world, i just dont see it. people criticize la liga for being a two horse race, yet that is exactly what the epl was this year. not to mention la liga teams dominated europa league, and saw bilbao defeat man u in back to back games, despite man u fielding a strong squad.

if you ignore real madrid and barcelona, la liga is the most competitive league in the world, and teams like bilbao, atletico madrid, valencia, malaga and levante are as competitive as any epl teams aside from maybe man u and man city, although as i already mentioned, bilbao did actually beat man u twice this season.

serie a is also extremely competitive, and it is also nice because it is not always the same teams that do well. this season it was ac and juve, but it could've easily been inter and udinese at the top. same goes for bundesliga.

aside from that, i also personally just dont like the type of soccer they play in england. id rather watch liga or italian soccer. tighter more tactical games, greater ball control, less emphasis on fitness/physicality...but thats just my personal opinion.

The Premier league is the best quality football being played. Not just my opinion but thats just an opinion. All th points are valid you made but then lost me. Its football, not soccer.

holden caulfield

« Reply #1416 on: May 18, 2012, 03:26:38 PM »
lol come on now im the foreigner here tryin to remember to call it soccer for your consideration, give me a break! i will gladly go back to FUTBOL

mds

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1417 on: May 18, 2012, 04:38:50 PM »
I just hope that the_drogs is ready  to put the soccerball in the bayern goal acouple times tomorrow

mds

« Reply #1418 on: May 18, 2012, 04:47:19 PM »
http://en.euro2012fantasy.uefa.com/
euro soccerballs fantasy game,
slapleague?

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #1419 on: May 18, 2012, 04:53:44 PM »
Ya I'll play.  We should definitely do fantasy premier league next year tho.  My total this year was 1,998

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1420 on: May 18, 2012, 05:35:18 PM »
Ya I'll play.  We should definitely do fantasy premier league next year tho.  My total this year was 1,998
I was gonna ask if anyone else had a team on there. A Slap league would be fun.

Torres will come through tonight.
Well I hope he does. If he doesn't score I'll pretend I never said this.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1421 on: May 19, 2012, 02:32:32 AM »
lol come on now im the foreigner here tryin to remember to call it soccer for your consideration, give me a break! i will gladly go back to FUTBOL
"The Beuatiful Game" is how its pronounced. Would be super down for a fantasy league next season. Although my team Rainbow Butt Monkeys came 1,894,321 outta 2,782,949 with a piss poor point score of 1,530 its the taking part that counts.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1422 on: May 19, 2012, 05:52:35 AM »
Believe it or not, but I don't understand how to play fantasy sports

ALT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1423 on: May 19, 2012, 05:54:47 AM »

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #1424 on: May 19, 2012, 06:32:50 AM »

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1425 on: May 19, 2012, 07:29:02 AM »
Believe it or not, but I don't understand how to play fantasy sports
Not sure if you are pulling my leg, but all I do is guess, and pick a team. Do it

ALT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1426 on: May 19, 2012, 08:55:09 AM »

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1427 on: May 19, 2012, 11:47:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
The Premier league is the best quality football being played. Not just my opinion but thats just an opinion. All th points are valid you made but then lost me. Its football, not soccer.

I probably watch more premiere league than anything else, but that's mostly because I find it easier to find the games online. I honestly think the overall level of technical ability is higher in spain and Italy (mostly because of their different outlook on the game) and I'm rarely less entertained by their games.

I think anyone claiming that the prem is unquestionably superior should remember those two games Man U played against Bilbao and the two that Man city played against Napoli earlier in the year when they were absolutely blowing over any team they faced in the league. City drew 1-1 and lost 2-1, and Napoli, like Bilbao, weren't even in the top 4 in their own domestic league.

poster

• Rep: 14
  • tomatoes rule!
« Reply #1428 on: May 19, 2012, 12:45:39 PM »
I hope the dull chelsea style won't be rewardwed in the next half.

edit: disgusting
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 02:32:30 PM by poster »

mds

« Reply #1429 on: May 19, 2012, 02:38:44 PM »
that was crazy

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1430 on: May 19, 2012, 02:44:34 PM »
Oh my gawd...

My heart bleeds for schweinstieger, but also for Tottenham, who now have little to no chance of keeping Modric, Bale and Adebayor for next season.

I'm actually kind of psyched that Chelsea won, even though they're probably not even the 10th best team in Europe. The entertainment value of them actually winning the damn thing almost makes up for how boring they were throughout most of the competition.

slappyslap

• Rep: -31
« Reply #1431 on: May 19, 2012, 02:52:14 PM »
Didier Drogba  is just amazing

mds

« Reply #1432 on: May 19, 2012, 03:02:46 PM »
wow Abramovich Girlie is fucking sexy

nice weather

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1433 on: May 19, 2012, 04:04:14 PM »
Chelsea won fair and square at the end of the day, but I'm bitter as fuck and I hate it.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #1434 on: May 19, 2012, 04:56:37 PM »
CHAMPIONS!!!!!!  YES!!! what a good day.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1435 on: May 19, 2012, 06:21:11 PM »
If you guys were watching on Fox, you could just see how fucking bummed Brad Friedel was

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1436 on: May 19, 2012, 06:32:45 PM »
Was brad friedel doing commentary or or analysis something? I try not to watch games on FAHX SAHCKER, too much info-graphic laden hype and bullshit commentary.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1437 on: May 20, 2012, 04:58:54 AM »
it wasn't like bayern loosing the game, it was cech who won this.

Sarah Jessica ParkFootage

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1438 on: May 20, 2012, 05:17:55 AM »
Was brad friedel doing commentary or or analysis something? I try not to watch games on FAHX SAHCKER, too much info-graphic laden hype and bullshit commentary.

Haha I love it when they have the Pizza Hut play of the day or whatever and they have the Pizza Hut boxes on their desk, so classy.

Also that game last night was insane, props to Chelsea.

holsten pils

• Rep: 13
« Reply #1439 on: May 20, 2012, 06:03:16 AM »
John Terry man of the match!