Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 464317 times)

thepman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #1530 on: June 11, 2012, 11:30:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
England games are usually pretty shit, so we can't pretend to be surprised, but still... The England team should double as their track n field team for the olympics cause that's pretty much all they are. Oh and a set piece goal too! ugghhh they remind me of Chelsea only they won't win shit.
[close]

Hey you little cunty bastard, do you have to slag off Chelsea in every one of your posts? ? We get it.
[close]

Well it was a legitimate reference. More like you're upset that your favorite teams play the most bland and unappealing negative soccer that's been witnessed in a generation. And now I'm also getting a bit of joy knowing you get so upset by it. The truth hurts sometimes. However, much like with Chelsea's run in CL, you should look at the positive side like mr pman over here and just be glad you even got a point out of it.

Bayern obviously have far superior attackers to Chelsea, so Chelsea aren't going to try and beat them at their own game, it makes no sense because they'd lose. The only way to win would have been to play defensively which they did and won. You sound like a bitter Bayern supporter, losing out on the CL to Chelsea, League to Dortmund and German cup to Dortmund.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

holden caulfield

• Rep: -33
« Reply #1531 on: June 11, 2012, 11:38:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
England games are usually pretty shit, so we can't pretend to be surprised, but still... The England team should double as their track n field team for the olympics cause that's pretty much all they are. Oh and a set piece goal too! ugghhh they remind me of Chelsea only they won't win shit.
[close]

Hey you little cunty bastard, do you have to slag off Chelsea in every one of your posts? ? We get it.
[close]

Well it was a legitimate reference. More like you're upset that your favorite teams play the most bland and unappealing negative soccer that's been witnessed in a generation. And now I'm also getting a bit of joy knowing you get so upset by it. The truth hurts sometimes. However, much like with Chelsea's run in CL, you should look at the positive side like mr pman over here and just be glad you even got a point out of it.
[close]

Bayern obviously have far superior attackers to Chelsea, so Chelsea aren't going to try and beat them at their own game, it makes no sense because they'd lose. The only way to win would have been to play defensively which they did and won. You sound like a bitter Bayern supporter, losing out on the CL to Chelsea, League to Dortmund and German cup to Dortmund.

yes yes yes I know they used the only strategy they could and it worked. NO ONE is questioning the efficiency of the strategy. BUT it is fucking disgraceful to watch.

And no I am not a bayern fan at allll. Atletico bilbao is my team, epl would be man u, serie a would napoli, and bundesliga i just dont care but i dont like bayern.

But for the sake of chockfullofthat lets lay off Chelsea and go back to the Euro's...I think he knows deep down that no one really thinks Chelsea is that good despite winning CL.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 11:42:54 AM by holden caulfield »

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1532 on: June 11, 2012, 02:14:19 PM »
Atletico bilbao

Tut tut.

I didn't find England v. France boring, but it was really frustrating to watch France completely fail to adapt to England's tactics. I mean really, the only open space is on the wing, and you're not going to get anyone into the box and cross it? All those pathetic dribbles around the top of the box only to have their shots blocked. Blanc needs to give his head a shake.

Sweden - Ukraine was a lot of fun to watch though. Counting down until that Yevhen Konoplyanka kid gets a move to a big club, he had one hell of a game. Hope he keeps it up.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
« Reply #1533 on: June 11, 2012, 02:29:53 PM »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1534 on: June 11, 2012, 03:06:09 PM »
Yeah, that Ukraine v. Sweden game was really fun to watch. As much as it hurts my bracket to say it, Ukraine fully deserved the win. They ran their asses off. I thought for a second that the Swedes were at least going to be able to pull a draw right at the end though.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1535 on: June 11, 2012, 03:09:22 PM »
And, does anyone know how old Schevchenko is? I didn't catch it the first 40 times they said it.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1536 on: June 11, 2012, 04:11:58 PM »
Sweden looked terrible today. I know Ibra likes to play a deep role and he did well holding up the ball and distributing on counterattacks, but they really missed his presence around the penalty area. Ukraine really did a great job though.

Prediction: England either "does a chelsea" and wins the whole thing or they draw the next game and lose to Ukraine and go out before the knock-outs.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #1537 on: June 11, 2012, 04:17:01 PM »
Remember to use your free transfers!  I want some competition :D

holden caulfield

« Reply #1538 on: June 11, 2012, 04:55:01 PM »
Bilbao is a sick team considering how much money they have at their disposal. They did beat Man u twice in a row this season, and I know you're all going to say that Man u did not care about Europa league, but the fact is they fielded a very strong squad on both occasions so that's gotta count for something. I also respect the fact that they will only use players that are Basque. I feel like that is something no other club can say, and that it should be respected. When they say they are representing Basque province, they really fucking are. You can be proud of being a Bilbao fan if you are a Basque.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1539 on: June 11, 2012, 07:25:04 PM »
Bilbao is a great team to support. They're only laughing at you because you referred to them as "Athletico Bilbao" when their name is actually "Athletic Club" or "Athletic Bilbao". "Athletico" generally refers to Athletico Madrid.

I had to use my free transfer to replace my backup goalie because he was injured. I'm currently on 37 points but I would have like 41 if I hadn't subbed off Modric and Bonnucci on their teams off-days, not knowing that this permanently reduced your points total. Apparently I am a pretty average fantasy manager.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1540 on: June 11, 2012, 07:31:06 PM »
That's alright...the way I see it this is a warm up tournament for the next Premier League season.  That should be more fun.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:11:10 PM by chockfullofthat »

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #1541 on: June 12, 2012, 05:59:24 AM »
This Olivier Giroud dude better be a fucking beast. Youtube montages don't mean much to me because frankly, they can be edited to make even my grandma look like Messi but if the rumors I've been reading are true and the youtube videos are any actual indication then I am very stoked to see what this gentleman can do at the Emirates.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1542 on: June 12, 2012, 06:03:29 AM »
I had 12 points after the first day, and didn't realised that when you subbed players you lost points so subbed lewandowski who got me all my points and then had 0 points the next day, which explains why i'm currently bottom of the slap league.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

holden caulfield

« Reply #1543 on: June 12, 2012, 06:20:34 AM »
Bilbao is a great team to support. They're only laughing at you because you referred to them as "Athletico Bilbao" when their name is actually "Athletic Club" or "Athletic Bilbao". "Athletico" generally refers to Athletico Madrid.

Expand Quote
[close]

I had to use my free transfer to replace my backup goalie because he was injured. I'm currently on 37 points but I would have like 41 if I hadn't subbed off Modric and Bonnucci on their teams off-days, not knowing that this permanently reduced your points total. Apparently I am a pretty average fantasy manager.

Then you guys are idiots because people in Bilbao will commonly refer to them as Atletico Bilbao because that is what they changed their name to during the Franco era. I guess in mind I subconsciously spelled it with the "h" because that is how they spell it today "Athletic" but combined it with the way people there actually say it. I have actually seen a Bilbao game in my life which is probably more than most of you can say about your favorite teams.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1544 on: June 12, 2012, 07:10:18 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Remember to use your free transfers!?  I want some competition :D
[close]

[close]

Then you guys are idiots because people in Bilbao will commonly refer to them as Atletico Bilbao because that is what they changed their name to during the Franco era. I guess in mind I subconsciously spelled it with the "h" because that is how they spell it today "Athletic" but combined it with the way people there actually say it. I have actually seen a Bilbao game in my life which is probably more than most of you can say about your favorite teams.

I'm sure the Basque people are so proud of the time when they were forced to change their name by a dictator that they still warmly refer to their club as Atletico  ::)  It must be a period they remember fondly.  You've got to be full of shit.

holden caulfield

« Reply #1545 on: June 12, 2012, 09:34:11 AM »
You must be an idiot not think Spanish people have a tendency to say Atletico over "Athletic" in their daily lives.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1546 on: June 12, 2012, 10:45:29 AM »
We've gotten off topic here. Let's refocus our efforts: http://euro2012girls.com/

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1547 on: June 12, 2012, 02:34:40 PM »
You must be an idiot not think Spanish people have a tendency to say Atletico over "Athletic" in their daily lives.

:facepalm:

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1548 on: June 13, 2012, 10:56:30 AM »
I took a gamble and made Ronaldo my captain today. And he goes and fluffs it again.  ::)

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1549 on: June 13, 2012, 11:02:05 AM »
Was really hoping Denmark would hold on after makinig Ronaldo pay for that one.  Oh well...here's hoping Netherlands level the group for a nice climax on Sunday.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1550 on: June 13, 2012, 03:10:40 PM »
oh dear holland.
also robben is over-rated

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1551 on: June 13, 2012, 03:59:00 PM »
This is just odd:
!

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1552 on: June 13, 2012, 05:07:49 PM »
oh dear holland.

I got spooked by line-up speculation right before the tourney started and swapped out Gomez for Robben. Hindsight's 20/20 and all that but god damn.

Counting on a big game for Benzema.

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #1553 on: June 13, 2012, 05:23:15 PM »
oh dear holland.

im sayin. hope they give dirk that wing and 60+ minutes vs portugal.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1554 on: June 13, 2012, 05:28:58 PM »
The Germans absolutely humiliated the Dutch on the wings, and that's pretty much the one area where Portugal's as strong as anyone. Holland's going to get shat on yet again. Van der Wiel and Willems are fucking awful.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1555 on: June 13, 2012, 05:35:27 PM »
C'mon now, Robben's world class. Germany doesn't have a player of his calibre...

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1556 on: June 13, 2012, 06:04:14 PM »
Expand Quote
oh dear holland.
[close]

I got spooked by line-up speculation right before the tourney started and swapped out Gomez for Robben. Hindsight's 20/20 and all that but god damn.

Counting on a big game for Benzema.

Ya, I have Benzema as my captain for this match. Hoping he performs as well as he did during the warmup friendlies. Robben is definitely overrated - frustratingly selfish and a bit of a crybaby. Lahm did a really good job against him today though.

Honestly I was surprised at how little resilience Holland seemed to have in this game. They just looked defeated after going 2-0 down, and didn't even try particularly hard to get back into the game in the second half even though Germany were just holding onto their lead. Can't really see them beating Portugal by 3 goals next game. Should make for a good match though.

goosey

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1557 on: June 13, 2012, 09:22:45 PM »
This is just odd:
!

that's some real shit

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1558 on: June 14, 2012, 01:46:39 AM »
so, Redknapp's left Tottenham....

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1559 on: June 14, 2012, 02:07:28 AM »
Any excuse