Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 464399 times)

Stoeipoes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #1560 on: June 14, 2012, 02:22:50 AM »
The Germans absolutely humiliated the Dutch on the wings, and that's pretty much the one area where Portugal's as strong as anyone. Holland's going to get shat on yet again. Van der Wiel and Willems are fucking awful.

Van der Wiel was playing amazing on the world cup of 2010. since then he's garbage. Last season he was injured and a lad called van Rhijn played right back and defending wise he was much better and attacking wise in potential.

Willems is only 18 and he shouldn't be on the field, there are better alternatives, but van Marwijk decides.. I think willems plays more than decent for a guy that young.

Mathijsen, van Bommel are too old to run. Those 2 were the worst.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1561 on: June 14, 2012, 03:23:46 AM »
why doesn't huntelaar start and play van persie off him/on the wing? would that solve any of their problems?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1562 on: June 14, 2012, 09:19:06 AM »
My hope today is that Croatia crushes Italy. God I fucking hate Italy. Not the country, just the football team.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #1563 on: June 14, 2012, 09:25:43 AM »
My hope today is that Croatia crushes Italy. God I fucking hate Italy. Not the country, just the football team.

Yup I feel the same way.  They're the first team I've ever hated.  2006 World Cup against USA.  What a bunch of shithead, whiney cheaters.  I feel like watching 90 minutes of Italy is watching everything I hate about football. 

...that said I did find them entertaining vs. Spain and I've heard their current coach plays in a very non-Italian style.  I don't really go out of my to watch them though, so maybe it was a fluke.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 09:33:24 AM by chockfullofthat »

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #1564 on: June 14, 2012, 09:32:38 AM »
not really and italy fan myself (lets go poland!!) but how does balotelli get the start over di natalie? and how come alessandro matri didnt get the call? too many juventus players? he was hurt a bit last season... but im just saying, he would have been a clear choice over mario for me any day...

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1565 on: June 14, 2012, 09:36:56 AM »
Balotelli seems like a huge liability for any team to pick. Not worth it for the small flashes of brilliance that he has.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1566 on: June 14, 2012, 09:40:44 AM »
you knew pirlo was going to put that in... damn.

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #1567 on: June 14, 2012, 09:53:10 AM »
I like Italy based solely on my appreciation for Buffon, I love that guy. They're owning this game, but have missed way too many great chances, it could've easily been 0-4 by now.                        

Edit: And Italy seems to be cutting down on the defense overkill play, that's a good thing. We've seen some solid attacks in the game against Spain and now again. Good signs.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 09:55:31 AM by Mein Fuhrer! I can walk! »

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #1568 on: June 14, 2012, 11:05:47 AM »
Second half was completely Croatia's though, not a bad game.

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1569 on: June 14, 2012, 11:11:48 AM »
i enjoyed it for sure.

predictions for spain ireland? im going to say 3-1 spain. i do hope im wrong. i wanna see duff all over the place. dudes underrated imo. and robbie keanes been more than solid for ireland (and la) in the months leading up. i think ireland has a decent chance.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1570 on: June 14, 2012, 11:18:53 AM »
They had a decent chance going into the game against Croatia. This one? Not as much I think. Spain is going to dance around them, and if they actually start a striker they won't be stopped.

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1571 on: June 14, 2012, 11:50:13 AM »
hmmm, wow. torres. thought he was gonna put that 100 yards into the crowd.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1572 on: June 14, 2012, 12:22:09 PM »
True. As much as I like to hate on the guy, being a Man. United fan, it's good to see him play well for Spain.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1573 on: June 14, 2012, 01:37:22 PM »
Spain.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #1574 on: June 14, 2012, 01:54:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yup I feel the same way.  They're the first team I've ever hated.  2006 World Cup against USA.  What a bunch of shithead, whiney cheaters.  I feel like watching 90 minutes of Italy is watching everything I hate about football. 

...that said I did find them entertaining vs. Spain and I've heard their current coach plays in a very non-Italian style.  I don't really go out of my to watch them though, so maybe it was a fluke.

Haha wtf
You're from England right? And you hate Italy just for that game agaist USA? You gotta be kidding me man, your team has always sucked balls and look what, the only thing you won was that world cup with that fake goal, yet you call Italy cheaters? How stupid you are dude
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1575 on: June 14, 2012, 01:59:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yup I feel the same way.?  They're the first team I've ever hated.?  2006 World Cup against USA.?  What a bunch of shithead, whiney cheaters.?  I feel like watching 90 minutes of Italy is watching everything I hate about football.? 

...that said I did find them entertaining vs. Spain and I've heard their current coach plays in a very non-Italian style.?  I don't really go out of my to watch them though, so maybe it was a fluke.
[close]

Haha wtf
You're from England right? And you hate Italy just for that game agaist USA? You gotta be kidding me man, your team has always sucked balls and look what, the only thing you won was that world cup with that fake goal, yet you call Italy cheaters? How stupid you are dude

Hahaha.  Not stupid enough to start a rant based on a false assumption of your country of origin.

-Edit.  Oh and this:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 02:22:36 PM by chockfullofthat »

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #1576 on: June 14, 2012, 02:28:19 PM »
Torres starts playing well again right as he dyes his hair back to blonde... coincidence?

Ruftbeir

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1577 on: June 14, 2012, 02:41:17 PM »
I love those Irish fans

holden caulfield

• Rep: -33
« Reply #1578 on: June 14, 2012, 03:07:02 PM »
watching spain play is just a joy. even after it was already 3-0 it is still just beautiful football to watch. the way iniesta moves with the ball is indescribable. i basically just study him all game long and try to emulate him at my games.

respect to the irish fans for showing their support for the full 90 minutes and beyond...

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1579 on: June 14, 2012, 04:41:20 PM »
I like Italy based solely on my appreciation for Buffon, I love that guy. They're owning this game, but have missed way too many great chances, it could've easily been 0-4 by now.                        

Edit: And Italy seems to be cutting down on the defense overkill play, that's a good thing. We've seen some solid attacks in the game against Spain and now again. Good signs.
buffon is a beast.
i still search for one of his parma shirts if anyone has one to sell hit me up.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1580 on: June 14, 2012, 04:52:35 PM »
why doesn't huntelaar start and play van persie off him/on the wing? would that solve any of their problems?

From what I've heard via interwebz and pundits, that hasn't really been an effective combination when tried. It also wouldn't solve what has probably been their biggest problem in attack, which is a lack of width. Van Persie likes to drift into the middle to link up with people and Robben almost always cuts in as well (usually to shoot over the bar) so I don't know where the balls into the box for Huntelaar would come from. Van der Wiel likely won't be helping out too much in attack either because of his defensive matchup against Ronaldo.

Also, I don't think Willems was as bad as people have been saying; he was just afraid to go forward, as he probably should have been against Germany.

not really and italy fan myself (lets go poland!!) but how does balotelli get the start over di natalie? and how come alessandro matri didnt get the call? too many juventus players? he was hurt a bit last season... but im just saying, he would have been a clear choice over mario for me any day...

Matri had a pretty weak season for Juventus - only ten goals and barely got any starts in the last 15-20 games. Di Natale would be my choice but he has severe knee problems to the point where he doesn't even train with the rest of the Udinese squad most of the time. If Guiseppe Rossi hadn't gotten injured this wouldn't be a problem, but as it is, Ballotelli is the only big, strong front man they've got. I'd like to see them mix it up a bit by playing Giovinco more but I doubt it'll happen.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1581 on: June 15, 2012, 01:26:32 PM »
What a game!  More goals to come I hope.

poster

• Rep: 14
  • tomatoes rule!
« Reply #1582 on: June 15, 2012, 01:45:33 PM »
Ibrahimovic is crazy antisocial. I don't understand how the team can accept his loafing around the field. Still rooting for Sweden, come on Sweden!!!

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #1583 on: June 15, 2012, 02:03:51 PM »
Sweden vs. England was a good entertaining game.  Welbeck's finish was delightful.

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1584 on: June 15, 2012, 02:08:53 PM »
god england are such a nervewracking team to support, super entertaining match though and relief at the result... wellbeck's a fly guy

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1585 on: June 15, 2012, 02:12:10 PM »
England + Sweden = 5 goal thriller?! Rewriting the arithmetic of international football here...

I'm really surprised England won that one after doing their usual "go 1-0 up then shit the bed in the second half and concede a bunch of weak goals" routine. It was incredible how quickly they lost their shape but Wellbeck and Walcott made up for it somehow.

Did anyone else see Ibra talking shit to Joe Hart after Sweden's second goal?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1586 on: June 15, 2012, 02:13:09 PM »
That fucks my bracket up. O well. Netherlands already did that too.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1587 on: June 15, 2012, 02:35:55 PM »
Did anyone else see Ibra talking shit to Joe Hart after Sweden's second goal?

Sure did.  Not surprised haha.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #1588 on: June 15, 2012, 03:15:30 PM »
I hate supporting England. Pretty sure I can count at least half of my grey hairs on them. Nerves of jelly. At least we have a new manager in the wings for when they get beat by Ukraine, surprised that Redknapp got the boot but he does seem like a shady guy

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #1589 on: June 15, 2012, 03:32:02 PM »
Poor display defensively second half by England, seriously making my heart go at times. But we did really well to score another two, all down to Walcott, and Welbeck's finish was wonderful, looked really natural, another good game from him. Carroll also had a good game and with Rooney back next we're not short of attacking options, although Ukraine will be a tough game for sure as host nations. So far i'm happy with how England are playing. And yes I saw Ibra talking shit at Hart, he's a nasty, arrogant and petty player, never liked him.

Edit: just found this:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 03:46:10 PM by thepman »
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit