Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 464558 times)

Smell Good

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #1950 on: September 20, 2012, 12:06:58 PM »
Our boy Jack Wilshere back in first team training yeeeeeeee broooos - ultimate Arsenal cliche: Like a New Signing  ;)

Frimpong's also back training with the first team. Cotdamn. Leeeeaaave it

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #1951 on: September 20, 2012, 12:22:29 PM »

HairyCunt

• Rep: -348
« Reply #1952 on: September 20, 2012, 02:05:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Had things turned out a bit different I would have ended up a Juve fan, myself.  When I was first looking for a team to follow I initially picked Juve.  I can't really remember why things changed.  I think the Premier League was easier to get into being that they spoke English and how fast paced the league is.  Sad to see what happened to them.  I followed the Nedved, Trezeguet, Del Pierro, Comoranesi team before the shit hit the fan.  Marchisio is a really impressive player, especially at the Euros.  Vidal looks like an exciting player as well.  Juve with RVP would have been something.
[close]

Yea, the OG members and my childhood/adolescence right there!
Expand Quote
Funny thing about ajax. The starting 11 on tuesday costed about $6 million in direct transfer prices. Of the 11 players, 8 also played in the youth of ajax. And still doing pretty well.

I respect that.
[close]

This, fuck that top players and sheiks mentality, that's not how you build up a cool vibe/dinasty in a team

I guess money can't buy everything, and it's not even cool
Look at barca cantera, it's amazing how many sick players came from the youth/spain.
I'm proud that yesterday Juve got like 7 out of 11 coming from Italy, that's not stupid xenophoby/racism, I can't really explain but it's important

Typical attitude of a idealistic loser supporter. Basically, you are the worst.  Your attitude is of a person who has never had to support a team that has lost for 40 years.

I don't give a fuck how they get a team that wins. I'm sorry but that is how a dynasty is built these days. Do you think any City supporter gives a fuck now that they're winning.

HairyCunt

« Reply #1953 on: September 20, 2012, 02:07:29 PM »

You hate The Smiths, and George Best, and love Ashley Cole don't you?

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1954 on: September 20, 2012, 02:13:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I love The Smiths, am too young for an opinion on George Best, and yes.  I do love Ashely Cole.  He fucks hotter women and has more trophies than your favorite player.

-Edit.  This was the video I meant to post.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:42:32 PM by chockfullofthat »

HairyCunt

« Reply #1955 on: September 20, 2012, 05:31:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I love The Smiths, am too young for an opinion on George Best, and yes.  I do love Ashely Cole.  He fucks hotter women and has more trophies than your favorite player.

Cheeky Ashley Cole Chelsea Legend ;)

1.If you loved The Smiths you'd like Joey Barton and maybe understand why someone would think he is great. I'm just joking anyway, but you have to admit Joey Barton is interesting, anyway I like him. 2. Where have you been mate, Ashley Cole fucks dudes. Anything to make myself feel better, I love Cheryl Cole. 3. You love Ashley Cole. Enough said.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1956 on: September 20, 2012, 05:40:51 PM »
Of course he's interesting.  I didn't say he wasn't funny or entertaining.  Balotelli is way better and a way more entertaining person you could have picked out.  Barton's antic are usually just violent acts and dumb tweets.  You really have no idea what's Balo is going to do next.  Who doesn't love Cheryl Cole?

« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:43:15 PM by chockfullofthat »

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1957 on: September 20, 2012, 06:53:37 PM »
Barton is hilarious and unique because he likes the smiths, claims to read Nietzsche and yet acts like a typical pissed up yob who you'd expect to see starting fights at the pub after the game, rather than playing in it. Balotelli is just your average immature, entitled footballer. Of course, he's a much better player as well...

I had no idea Ashley Cole was dating Cheryl Cole. This is good because it means I haven't been exposed to british tabloids for a while.

HairyCunt

« Reply #1958 on: September 20, 2012, 08:07:24 PM »
Barton is hilarious and unique because he likes the smiths, claims to read Nietzsche and yet acts like a typical pissed up yob who you'd expect to see starting fights at the pub after the game, rather than playing in it. Balotelli is just your average immature, entitled footballer. Of course, he's a much better player as well...

I had no idea Ashley Cole was dating Cheryl Cole. This is good because it means I haven't been exposed to british tabloids for a while.

Exactly.  He's soft spoken though too. He is the definition of a sweet and tender hooligan. 

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1959 on: September 20, 2012, 08:18:25 PM »
Is that how you view yourself?  A sweet and tender hooligan?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1960 on: September 20, 2012, 09:03:05 PM »
You aren't actually trying to compare Joey Barton and George Best are you?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

HairyCunt

« Reply #1961 on: September 20, 2012, 09:31:58 PM »
Is that how you view yourself?  A sweet and tender hooligan?

No haha! I like that personality though, it's endearing.

HairyCunt

« Reply #1962 on: September 20, 2012, 09:33:18 PM »
You aren't actually trying to compare Joey Barton and George Best are you?

You get what I mean or you don't. I'm not going to explain it. 

mds

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1963 on: September 21, 2012, 06:04:10 AM »
always a fan of Balo, but that tackle against Song end of last Season was the worst,
this guy is nuts, in a good and a bad way

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1964 on: September 21, 2012, 06:16:43 AM »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1965 on: September 23, 2012, 09:00:14 AM »

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1966 on: September 30, 2012, 10:27:49 PM »
Fucking golazo from Fabrizio Miccoli this weekend. Part of a hat-trick; Parma 4 - 1 Chievo.

First league classico coming up next week but Barcelona don't have Pique, Puyol or Iniesta. Should be interesting.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1967 on: October 01, 2012, 05:18:23 AM »
Fucking golazo from Fabrizio Miccoli this weekend. Part of a hat-trick; Parma 4 - 1 Chievo.

First league classico coming up next week but Barcelona don't have Pique, Puyol or Iniesta. Should be interesting.
Is that the one you're going to Chock? Or is it the next one?

Manchester Utd lost and I only made about 30 points from my fantasy team this weekend. Fuck my soccer life.

On the plus side though, Dempsey scored his first goal for Tottenham. Always good to see him score even when it is against your own team.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1968 on: October 01, 2012, 06:02:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Is that the one you're going to Chock? Or is it the next one?

Manchester Utd lost and I only made about 30 points from my fantasy team this weekend. Fuck my soccer life.

On the plus side though, Dempsey scored his first goal for Tottenham. Always good to see him score even when it is against your own team.

Yes I'll be going to this one.  I leave for Spain on Wednesday.  Things have the chance to get a little fiesty with
 the latest Catalan independence talk and the Madridistas in town.  I'm really looking forward to this whole trip.

Really good games on Saturday with almost nothing between Spurs and United and Chelsea and Arsenal.  Arsenal would have not lost that game with RVP.  I've always found it hard to dislike Tottenham as a Chelsea fan.  AVB and Dempsey make it harder.  I crack up every time I see AVB celebrate like a lunatic.  As far as fantasy, I can't do anything right at the moment.  Shocked I'm still in 4th.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:09:16 AM by chockfullofthat »

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1969 on: October 01, 2012, 03:02:09 PM »
Spurs performance against Man U was shocking to me. They were brilliant in the first half but basically just surrendered the ball and camped out for the rest of the game, trying to defend their lead. United easily could have stole it away from them but I feel Spurs are the better side at the moment. You could really see how shaky Man U's midfield is with Dembele, Dempsey, Bale and Lennon lining up against the over-30 brigade of Carrick, Scholes and Giggs.

Does anyone else get the feeling that RVP has kind of jumped onto a sinking ship by moving to Manchester? For me Arsenal with RVP might have been a title contender this year wheras I can't see Man Utd. winning anything with the weaknesses they have in their squad. It just seems like that deal didn't really work out that well for anyone involved. If it was trophies he wanted he probably would have been better off going to Juventus.

Chockfullofthat, please grace us with a post-classico field report if you have the time/computer access this weekend. Are you sitting in the home or away section?

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1970 on: October 01, 2012, 05:17:20 PM »
I will be sitting in the home section on the Nord side, which is where Barca will finish the game I believe.  I will update you guys the following morning unless something bad has happened or I'm having too much fun to remember.  I'll try to upload the tifo display too.  This is only my second time seeing a top league match in Europe, the first being Chelsea v Boro in 2008.  It's been too long.  If I'm being honest, it's making the skating an afterthought for now.  I really did not see this coming, I was just hoping they were going to be at home that week.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

If anything was shocking in the Man U game it was United's defense. 

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1971 on: October 01, 2012, 06:42:31 PM »
I vaguely recall seeing Brian Anderson wear an Arsenal jersey in a video part - any of you guys know where that's from? I thought it was the sickest thing ever.

I've seen Gino rocking the Inter in one his parts too

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #1972 on: October 01, 2012, 08:55:38 PM »
Lucas Puig rocked the Inter shirt in his Fully Flared part too. Couldn't help you with the BA part though.

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #1973 on: October 01, 2012, 11:58:36 PM »
I vaguely recall seeing Brian Anderson wear an Arsenal jersey in a video part - any of you guys know where that's from? I thought it was the sickest thing ever.

I've seen Gino rocking the Inter in one his parts too

Fourstar SF catalog shoot. @:27

Alex Olson rocks the Inter jeresys sometimes as well.  I cringe when I see Koston in Barca jerseys.  I wonder if he even watches.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:02:33 AM by Decreed Bratton »

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #1974 on: October 02, 2012, 12:13:14 AM »
I will be sitting in the home section on the Nord side, which is where Barca will finish the game I believe.  I will update you guys the following morning unless something bad has happened or I'm having too much fun to remember.  I'll try to upload the tifo display too.  This is only my second time seeing a top league match in Europe, the first being Chelsea v Boro in 2008.  It's been too long.  If I'm being honest, it's making the skating an afterthought for now.  I really did not see this coming, I was just hoping they were going to be at home that week.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

If anything was shocking in the Man U game it was United's defense. 

Really?  I said it before.  Their defense is average.  Great up front,  but weak in the back.  Ferdinand and Evans in the back spells disaster for me.  With Jones and Vidic out now too their even more stretched.  I said it before they're going to have to outscore teams to win.  Aren't United playing Newcastle at the weekend?  Better watch out for Ba.  Oh well enjoy that Classico!

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1975 on: October 02, 2012, 05:17:04 AM »
i don't care what skater wears what shirt

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #1976 on: October 02, 2012, 05:28:17 AM »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1977 on: October 02, 2012, 06:05:28 AM »

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
« Reply #1978 on: October 02, 2012, 08:29:40 AM »
 I cringe when I see Koston in Barca jerseys.  I wonder if he even watches.

As opposed to all the other skaters mentioned? It's like Europeans wearing New Era hats, they don't do it cause they support the team.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1979 on: October 02, 2012, 09:20:57 AM »
Now that we're on the topic of kits and jerseys - any of you guys might now where I can find the elusive yellow Arsenal kit? Definitely has always been my favorite and I think it's still their third color this season (well, according to FIFA 13 that is).