Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 464810 times)

chockfullofthat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #2250 on: January 21, 2013, 12:06:35 PM »
The last Arsenal v Liverpool I remember enjoying was this one:

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2251 on: January 22, 2013, 12:03:21 AM »
Liverpool vs Arsenal is looking like a pretty massive game now.  Arsenal will be in real trouble if they can't get 3 points before the weekend.

Arsenal are in real trouble already, frankly. Right now they are not even close to being as good as Chelsea or Tottenham, and I don't see that changing anytime soon given how completely lifeless their performances have been for some time now. I really think it's time for them to get rid of Wenger. It seems like his tactical inflexibility and complete control over the footballing side of things at the club has created a really stale, uninspired team even though they actually have a pretty decent squad.

dylandude

• Rep: -1
  • Skateboarding is so good for me
« Reply #2252 on: January 22, 2013, 07:52:28 AM »
<iframe src="http://blip.tv/play/AYONnXwC.html?p=1" width="550" height="443" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://a.blip.tv/api.swf#AYONnXwC" style="display:none"></embed>

This goal was great. Just need more of these. Suarez is a terrible human being. I wish Roy Keane was still playing. He'd break his leg for sure.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2253 on: January 22, 2013, 02:57:18 PM »
I'm a little disgusted and in awe of Newcastle's ridiculous French shopping spree.

Maybe a bit jealous too. Arsenal. One signing that can play in the first team. That's all I ask. I ain't even mad. If they don't buy a single dude, I won't even be mad. Seriously. Gotta keep the expectations low.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #2254 on: January 23, 2013, 11:47:44 AM »
Libertadores started!

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2255 on: January 23, 2013, 12:30:05 PM »
Libertadores started!

I've never watched a Libertadores match.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #2256 on: January 23, 2013, 01:43:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Libertadores started!
[close]

I've never watched a Libertadores match.

Never caught too much either in previous years but this time I'm going to try to follow along. The atmosphere they get in the latter stages is crazy.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:50:37 PM by boyan »

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #2258 on: January 23, 2013, 01:52:16 PM »
I'm really curious how they'll discipline him for that. I mean, the ballboy was holding everything up fairly deliberately. Still ridiculous on Hazard's part though.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2259 on: January 23, 2013, 02:00:04 PM »
Kid is a pussy.  Look at that face, bitch boy is milking it.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:13:27 PM by chockfullofthat »

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #2260 on: January 23, 2013, 03:01:09 PM »
Kid deserved it. Hazard is awesome.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2261 on: January 23, 2013, 04:50:07 PM »
He's definitely getting suspended for that, and probably a lengthy one too. You can't even appear to kick a ballboy without being looked at as an abusive monster given the media hype intensifies every little controversy.

To me it's pretty clear that the kid was holding up the game from the outset, felt a little hand on his back and then went down over the ball to delay things a little further. I think at that point Hazard realized that he was being a tricky little cunt, got frustrated and tried to kick the ball out from underneath him (which is an aggressive act since it almost always involves kicking the torso of the person lying on top of the ball as well). Not really worthy of all the furor it's been getting but the FA is probably going to throw the book at him anyway.

Wehheey! Arsenal put 5 past another crappy team! Unfortunately they can't replicate this against teams that aren't called West Ham, Reading, Southhampton etc.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #2262 on: January 23, 2013, 05:08:41 PM »
I thoroughly enjoyed the demolition of West Ham.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2263 on: January 23, 2013, 05:38:03 PM »
This gif is priceless.  Expect to see it in unrelated threads.

dylandude

« Reply #2264 on: January 25, 2013, 06:50:46 AM »

I hope Zaha fills in for Ashley Young or fuckin Nani. Fucking sell Nani to Arsenal or QPR or Fulham, give Berba someone to play with. I hope he stays on his feet longer. I also hope Crystal Palace makes the cut.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2265 on: January 25, 2013, 09:23:28 AM »
Nani will find work at a much more prestigious club than Fulham or QPR...

There are some interesting rumors about what Pep will do with the money Munich are going to give to him.  Suarez, Cavanni, and Falcao are being named. 

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #2266 on: January 25, 2013, 01:34:45 PM »

There are some interesting rumors about what Pep will do with the money Munich are going to give to him.� Suarez, Cavanni, and Falcao are being named.�

i think nani will leave epl... havent really heard what teams were looking at him tho...

peps brother is suarez's agent... im already bracing myself for his departure come august. syked on sturridge, but suarez is 3rd best in the world imo (yeah falcao, but im a lpool fan obv). cant replace that guy. HOPEFULLY pep gets falcao and suarez stays put, but even if that happens, madrid will be right there with $$$. im scared you guys.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2267 on: January 25, 2013, 01:45:43 PM »
I know there was interest from Juve regarding Nani that Ferguson shut down.  I didn't know that about Pep's brother. 

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #2268 on: January 30, 2013, 11:14:19 AM »
Gonna miss Balotelli in the BPL.  Contrary to what others might think of him, I loved the dude and his antics.  At least it gives me a reason to watch Serie A now.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #2269 on: January 30, 2013, 12:00:40 PM »
I'm curious of what Anelka will do in Juve now..probably nothing but I'm still curious haha (oh and Pogba is super good)
I'm happy that Mario is back in Serie A even if this means he's gonna give us some troubles
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2546
« Reply #2270 on: January 30, 2013, 02:46:12 PM »
I love Anelka but fear he won't really shine, especially after a year in Shanghai.

Also, why would Pepe chose to get Suarez? I would understand if he was in the squad prior to his arrival, but to actually spend money on a cunt who's not liked by even his teammates...that would be really bizarre.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #2271 on: January 30, 2013, 03:17:33 PM »
Expand Quote

There are some interesting rumors about what Pep will do with the money Munich are going to give to him.� Suarez, Cavanni, and Falcao are being named.�
[close]

i think nani will leave epl... havent really heard what teams were looking at him tho...

peps brother is suarez's agent... im already bracing myself for his departure come august. syked on sturridge, but suarez is 3rd best in the world imo (yeah falcao, but im a lpool fan obv). cant replace that guy. HOPEFULLY pep gets falcao and suarez stays put, but even if that happens, madrid will be right there with $$$. im scared you guys.

Van Persie is better...
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2272 on: January 30, 2013, 05:43:24 PM »
Pretty funny to see Balotelli go to AC Milan like two weeks after Berlusconi called him a "bad apple" who would "never play for Milan". Then again, given his political track record we should probably just assume that the opposite of what he says is true at any given time. I won't miss Balo at all since I prefer watching dedicated athletes over surly dickheads. Makes Man city somewhat more likeable too (only somewhat).

I'm also looking forward to seeing if Anelka can still be effective at Juventus. I thought he was playing pretty well at Chelsea before they let him go but I'm not sure he's that great a signing, even though he's basically just a stopgap. I hear they're bringing in Llorente in the summer but if they're really as short on cash as they say they are, why waste transfer and salary money on Anelka and Bendtner?

dylandude

« Reply #2273 on: January 30, 2013, 11:52:59 PM »
YOU'VE ONLY GOT ONE MAN. YOU'VE ONLY GOT ONE MAN...

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2546
« Reply #2274 on: January 31, 2013, 07:48:51 AM »
but if they're really as short on cash as they say they are, why waste transfer and salary money on Anelka and Bendtner?

Anelka is there on loan, so it's cheaper for Juve.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #2275 on: January 31, 2013, 08:42:14 AM »
Expand Quote
but if they're really as short on cash as they say they are, why waste transfer and salary money on Anelka and Bendtner?
[close]

Yes. Juve dont want to spend any money, it just try and create a solid troup based on pretty good players (Also young) mixed with some old glories like Buffon and Pirlo..
So what it does is "hire" (i dont know the term) players for parts of season or actually get them but for real real cheap (thats why lizandro lopez remained in Lyon)..although we cant deny theres a pretty big issue in the offensive side, so that's why i hope anelka will make some moves, bentner was a big letdown.
Berlusconi fucking sucks, he bought mario just to assure himself more votes (and he will surely get them) for the upcoming elections in february, but this is another story
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #2276 on: January 31, 2013, 08:48:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yes. Juve dont want to spend any money, it just try and create a solid troup based on pretty good players (Also young) mixed with some old glories like Buffon and Pirlo..
So what it does is "hire" (i dont know the term) players for parts of season or actually get them but for real real cheap (thats why lizandro lopez remained in Lyon)..although we cant deny theres a pretty big issue in the offensive side, so that's why i hope anelka will make some moves, bentner was a big letdown.
Berlusconi fucking sucks, he bought mario just to assure himself more votes (and he will surely get them) for the upcoming elections in february, but this is another story
All you had to do was ask Arsene. He could have told you that.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -8
« Reply #2277 on: January 31, 2013, 12:18:00 PM »
Also, why would Pepe chose to get Suarez? I would understand if he was in the squad prior to his arrival, but to actually spend money on a cunt who's not liked by even his teammates...that would be really bizarre.

You're right, that supposed Suarez to Bayern deal probably won't happen. Hoeness has claimed the other day that they won't spend much in summer as Pep finds the squad pretty good already. And when you actually take a look at it you realize he's just about right. Gomez and Mandzukic are battling it out at the moment and both are excellent strikers. Therefore, I'll go forth and predict they won't do any major signings this summer. Some additions (e.g. Kirchhoff) here and there and that will be about it...

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2278 on: January 31, 2013, 12:25:49 PM »
Yep, Bayern are already a solid team all the way around. They certainly don't need much more attacking flair so they'll probably limit themselves to one or two small summer signings to reinforce a couple of areas and that's it. With their finances and organizational structures so solid they'll probably be one of the best teams in Europe for the next couple of years at least. Beating Madrid in the semi-finals of the champs league last year was no fluke...

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2279 on: January 31, 2013, 01:39:18 PM »
No fluke?  Maybe not.  But I'd still bet on Real Madrid to win 3/5 games and Barca to win 4/5 games against Munich.  I think that United are a slightly better team at full strength as well.  I don't think Bayern have a goto player who will get them out of a tough spot the way Madrid, Barca, and United do.  Gomez clearly showed that he was not that player after failing against Chelsea at the final.  I think Suarez would be a great signing for Munich, but potentially a risky one.