Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 464769 times)

Mooley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #2610 on: June 18, 2013, 11:44:51 AM »
Pretty stoked for Brazil - Mexico tomorrow, should be a good one. Fans were going fucking nuts for Neymar and Lucas Piazon in the opening game, sure the atmosphere will be awesome. 

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #2611 on: June 18, 2013, 11:59:46 AM »
Piazon?  You mean Oscar?

also, interesting idea twitchflip, but Fifa would never go for it, sadly.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:09:19 PM by chockfullofthat »

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #2612 on: June 18, 2013, 06:52:12 PM »
Piazon?  You mean Oscar?

also, interesting idea twitchflip, but Fifa would never go for it, sadly.

Ahhh, meant Lucas Moura, from PSG. All I knew was he went there for a boatload of money, but they seemed pretty crazy about him.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #2613 on: June 20, 2013, 05:04:41 AM »
That Brazil - Mexico game got me hyped on neymar for sure.
Sure he goes down even from the slightest contact, but oh boy that boy can play!

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2614 on: June 27, 2013, 12:05:42 PM »

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2615 on: June 27, 2013, 04:34:49 PM »
dayum, that pirlo penalty and how he acted afterwards needs a gif.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #2616 on: June 28, 2013, 12:23:00 AM »
dayum, that pirlo penalty and how he acted afterwards needs a gif.

Hell yea, fuck spain   >:(
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2546
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2618 on: July 01, 2013, 07:14:07 AM »
i cannot stand the way brazil plays nowadays. hidden fouls, neymar falling down every 3 minutes, and in general bad behaviour on the field. if you compare how they played 5 years ago and how gross they play today...

also the fans, howling whenever a spanish player had the ball, i know many fans all over the world do it, but i can't stand it.

but still spain played very poor. that second goal, how can neymar wait on the left side without any defender nearby?

david luiz amazing performance.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2619 on: July 01, 2013, 10:01:14 AM »
Brazil seem like a very Bayern-esque side.  A mix of strong and skillful players who can press hard and disrupt the Barcelona style of play.  I think the absense of Xabi Alonso and the decline of Xavi has hurt Spain the most, but then again I still refuse to believe this is the end of the Barcelona/Spain era of dominance.  I think the Bayern and Brazilian performances are a wake up call and perhaps Del Bosque is not letting the side evolve.  He doesn't seem to know what to do with the striker role at all and looks to have abadonned the striker less option that humiliated Italy in 2012.  Iniesta, Silva, and Pedro should be the front 3 unless David Villa can get back in form.  A small thing but, Xavi or Iniesta should have took the penalty kick too.  Iniesta is almost too humble, he needs to assert himself as a leader if he wants to be a World Cup champion again.

David Luiz was incredible.  Spurs look like they are going to sign a great player with Paulinho and if they can get David Villa I will go as far as to say they will be title contenders.  They will be getting back Sandro and are linked with Benteke and some quality full backs.  Neymar is a little cheat.  Not the kind of player you want to root for as a neutral.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:02:52 AM by chockfullofthat »

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #2620 on: July 01, 2013, 10:43:14 AM »
Spurs look like they are going to sign a great player with Paulinho and if they can get David Villa I will go as far as to say they will be title contenders

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2621 on: July 01, 2013, 11:12:11 AM »
^Gooner bias.  They have a strong squad and don't seem to be afraid to spend a little cash as Arsenal do.  Arsenal would kill for Sandro/Bale/Paulinho/Lloris.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 11:14:33 AM by chockfullofthat »

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #2622 on: July 01, 2013, 12:10:24 PM »
Spurs have gotta keep Bale if they want to contend.  I like Villa but not so sure about him in the EPL.  I guess time will tell.

As far as Spain go given they were so tired after playing Italy in extra time and on a few days rest, Brazil pounced on that getting physical and putting high pressure on them.  Scolari took Prandelli's game plan and turned it up a notch.  It also didn't help Spain that the Ref refused to give any yellows to Brazil.  If you ain't giving yelllows, they're gonna keep getting physical.  I watched with Japan played Brazil in the opener and the exact same thing happened.  I don't know if refs don't want to give yellows because it's Brazil in Brazil, but whatever.  Brazil to their credit did what they needed to.

I know lots of people don't like Spain because they won with tika taka, but they had to figure out a way to win against countries that were always bigger and stronger than them.  Now teams are figuring out how to beat them (and Barcelona) with the high pressure in the midfield.  They need to evolve and have a plan b maybe even bring in some of the younger players.  I'm thinking 2 strikers up top one being Llorente.  I know he hasn't played much lately, but the guy is big and tall.  He'll hold up the ball if Casillas kicks it to him instead of always trying to play from the back.  That would open things up more.  Navas on the wing also helped to an extent. 

Anyway I always wanted to do this, but other Slap poster wouldn't get it....Skateboard lookalikes with football players.

Austin Gillette

Luka Modric

Chris Roberts

David De Gea

Shane Heyl

Johnny Heitinga

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2623 on: July 01, 2013, 12:28:22 PM »
^HAHAHA awesome

Also, I highly, highly doubt Bale is leaving this year.  He's crazy not to (for $ and the chance to play with Madrid), but he seems pretty loyal and optimistic about Spurs.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2624 on: July 01, 2013, 12:48:33 PM »
Always thought Bobby Zamora kinda looked like Brian Anderson, kinda

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2625 on: July 01, 2013, 03:54:27 PM »
It does look like Spurs are (somehow) going to hang on to Bale for another year. I still don't see them as a title contender though, even if they do land Villa and Benteke. They lack depth in almost every position compared to City/Man U/ Chelsea. Their biggest need this summer was a striker, but their back line is pretty weak in my opinion aside from Vertonghen. If Dembele lives up to his potential next year and they find themselves a consistent goalscorer (aside from Bale) they could cause a ruckus in the top 4 though.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #2626 on: July 01, 2013, 04:45:43 PM »
^Gooner bias.  They have a strong squad and don't seem to be afraid to spend a little cash as Arsenal do.  Arsenal would kill for Sandro/Bale/Paulinho/Lloris/coach who can win trophies.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2627 on: July 01, 2013, 08:05:39 PM »
I don't see Benteke leaving Aston Villa for this upcoming season, but who knows, they might be tempted by a big offer. Villa's made some pretty sound purchases so far.

Higuain, Julio Cesar, a midfielder or two. 'Ol Wenger's just feeling out the water, throwing that line out. Bid for Lars Bender apparently rejected so at least we know of his intentions of adding to the midfield.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2628 on: July 02, 2013, 06:18:15 AM »
I hope he doesn't leave Villa.  I'm really starting to get a soft spot for Villa and Lambert and I think they're starting to move in the right direction.  They should be a top 10 side this year.

nice weather

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2629 on: July 02, 2013, 08:30:34 AM »
Gotta get myself a new jersey or two this season. Since I don't really heavily support any team except Werder Bremen and they are blowing it both shirt and sports wise this season, I can shop around quite freely now for anything that is remotely acceptable to wear around friends.

Any thoughts on favourite jerseys?

Good old Japan, never not nicely outfitted.
+National teams usually work if you're trying to be non controversial.

Living in Copenhagen currently, I could almost write this off as a souvenir..

Bought a pair of arsenal socks recently because they were marked down to 6 bucks and I can't say no to cheap quality socks. The shirt would be a logical consequence as I don't really care about any premier league club but can appreciate the long down jacket of Arsene Wenger.

Of course South America is even richer in glorious jerseys, but they're too elusive here sadly.

pica

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2630 on: July 02, 2013, 08:40:27 AM »
Gotta get myself a new jersey or two this season. Since I don't really heavily support any team except Werder Bremen and they are blowing it both shirt and sports wise this season, I can shop around quite freely now for anything that is remotely acceptable to wear around friends.

Any thoughts on favourite jerseys?

Good old Japan, never not nicely outfitted.
+National teams usually work if you're trying to be non controversial.

it was hard work tracking it down but i'm close to finally get my japan jersey. wanted to order one via the adidas store but they told me it's only sold in asia. searched amazon and ebay but only found bizzare prices, fakes and kids sizes.
had a conversation with a friend a few days ago and he told me he still has one he brought home from a trip to japan a few years ago and is down to trade it.
also that socceroos jersey is beautiful.

still i wish i bought this one a few years ago...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 02:16:11 PM by pica »

nice weather

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2631 on: July 02, 2013, 08:45:48 AM »
Yea, Japan one will be tough. Hoping I can find the Sweden one somewhere in a Malm? sports store sale rack though.

still i wish i bought this one a few years ago...

always worth supporting

ps: Looking at J-league shirts right now and they are killing it.

If I had a penny for every time my suggestions of apricot/salmon/lavender as the team colour got rejected!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 09:17:00 AM by nice weather »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2632 on: July 02, 2013, 11:01:55 AM »
Not really a fan of any of those.  The Arsenal one is pretty good but I don't like wearing long sleeve jerseys and I don't like Arsenal.

This is my collection:

nice weather

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2633 on: July 02, 2013, 11:20:03 AM »
Well I don't like your collection either then and Chelsea is stupid.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2634 on: July 02, 2013, 11:20:39 AM »
Haha  :D Just being honest.

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #2635 on: July 02, 2013, 11:50:15 AM »
I dig J-League shirts.  So stoked my wife brought me this back from Japan. 

I don't know if you guys know who Shunsuke Nakamura is.  He played for Celtic a few years back.  You can youtube him.  He got a wicked left foot.  One of my all time favorite Japanese players.  He's getting old and probably going to retire soon.

By the way I heard Japan is the hipster team for the World Cup next year.  I just hope they have a good showing and come out of the group stage.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2636 on: July 02, 2013, 12:00:28 PM »
I'd say Belgium are the hipster darlings for the next World Cup.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2637 on: July 02, 2013, 12:41:32 PM »

It's as if the Boca kit and the River Plate one had a child (as blasphemous as that may sound).

So far, PSV's got the sexiest kit I've seen for the upcoming season

Actually contemplating buying one. Boring to some, but it's so classic and simple.

The rumoured Arsenal away kit for 13/14. Love this.

This is the only one I own. I've always had a soft spot for the Arsenal yellow shirts.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2638 on: July 02, 2013, 01:01:18 PM »
Fucking nailed it with the Boca-River baby haha.  That yellow one you have is pretty sick.   What's taking Arsenal so long to released their shirts this year? 

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #2639 on: July 02, 2013, 07:09:56 PM »
^^^ Those lookalikes were perfect, especially de gea. and i def see the bobby zomora/ba similarities. all in the eyes.

on a semi unrelated note. hyped that jozy may come back to epl. dudes been crushing. club and for country. JERSEY! WHAT!?!