Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 464484 times)

William Jefferson Clinton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #2850 on: September 05, 2013, 06:49:16 PM »
What the fuck happened to Fox Soccer channel? I get home from work expecting to watch a game and instead a college football replay is on.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2851 on: September 05, 2013, 06:56:33 PM »
Fox lost their rights to the Premier League (their bread and butter) and now only have the rights to the Champions League which only comes around every few weeks rather than every weekend, so they consolidated their sports channel into Fox Sports or some shit like that and the channel that was formerly Fox Soccer is now FXX (FX's second and apparently more "edgy" channel).

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
« Reply #2852 on: September 12, 2013, 05:09:52 AM »
Pretty stoked on this

Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #2853 on: September 12, 2013, 06:17:58 AM »
Haha.  Saw that.  Psyched on USA winning 2-0 against Mexico, once again, and qualifying for Brazil.  Now we can relax, go on a little run at the finals and wait for the token knockout from Ghana.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #2854 on: September 14, 2013, 02:56:05 AM »
Oh heiii

Happy Premier League/Serie A/... saturday folks  :)
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2855 on: September 14, 2013, 09:24:59 AM »
<3 Martin Atkinson

;D

kinky john

• Rep: 39
  • I do not spook easily
« Reply #2856 on: September 15, 2013, 12:30:48 AM »
<3 Martin Atkinson

;D
What a fucking chump. Dreadfull refereeing.
Quote from: lipscantgo on April 15, 2009, 02:30:26 PM
Females now know to NEVER text Jereme before breakfast. He laid it down.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #2857 on: September 15, 2013, 01:21:25 AM »
Expand Quote
<3 Martin Atkinson

;D
[close]

That was disgusting. Poor Di Canio.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #2858 on: September 16, 2013, 03:51:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
<3 Martin Atkinson

;D
[close]
[close]

That was disgusting. Poor Di Canio.
Ex-ref on Sky sports news this morning talking about this. He was saying that when its a holding incident, the refs are told to blow quicker than usual to stop the the person being fowled in the first place lashing out and then becoming the fowler due to frustration. Although it was obviously a goal scoring opportunity as the ball ended in the goal, Sagna should have been red carded not yellowed.
Swansea v Liverpool tonight should be good. YNWA

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #2859 on: September 16, 2013, 05:22:21 AM »

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #2860 on: September 16, 2013, 06:19:06 AM »
Ozil looked really fucking good yesterday.

I wish more football was televised in my Country. Honestly can't be bothered streaming on my computer.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2861 on: September 16, 2013, 07:16:28 AM »
Tough defeat to Everton this weekend.  I'm probably overreacting but I wonder if Chelsea were overhyped this preseason.  At least Chelsea fans can chock it up to wishful thinking that they'd win the league, but the British press were tipping them to win the league as well.  With such a massive hole still present at forward and the same squad that struggled to secure a top 4 place last year, that loss has been sobering.  It's been coming too, Chelsea have not looked too impressive in the opening games.  Granted, a loss away to Everton is not the same as losing at home to Villa or away to Cardiff, I think there is still plenty of room to be concerned.  I think the league is more wide open than ever and if I were to bet today on the champions, I'd defer back to the always consistent United.  With City struggling, the upcoming Manchester derby already has massive implications for the title. 

Also, my fantasy team laid a giant egg this weekend.  27 points.  That called off Altidore goal stung in more ways than one.  I could really use a Liverpool clean sheet and a brace for Sturridge and Coutinho :D

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #2862 on: September 16, 2013, 12:37:39 PM »
Poor Shelvey

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #2863 on: September 16, 2013, 12:37:54 PM »

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2864 on: September 16, 2013, 04:41:27 PM »
Tough defeat to Everton this weekend.  I'm probably overreacting but I wonder if Chelsea were overhyped this preseason.  At least Chelsea fans can chock it up to wishful thinking that they'd win the league, but the British press were tipping them to win the league as well.  With such a massive hole still present at forward and the same squad that struggled to secure a top 4 place last year, that loss has been sobering.  It's been coming too, Chelsea have not looked too impressive in the opening games.  Granted, a loss away to Everton is not the same as losing at home to Villa or away to Cardiff, I think there is still plenty of room to be concerned.  I think the league is more wide open than ever and if I were to bet today on the champions, I'd defer back to the always consistent United.  With City struggling, the upcoming Manchester derby already has massive implications for the title. 

Also, my fantasy team laid a giant egg this weekend.  27 points.  That called off Altidore goal stung in more ways than one.  I could really use a Liverpool clean sheet and a brace for Sturridge and Coutinho :D

It definitely showed some of Chelsea's weaknesses as far as converting chances, but I wouldn't be overly concerned. Everton are a very good defensive team, especially at home, and the game came right after an international break which practically every one of Chelsea's players participated in. I didn't catch the whole game to be honest but during the last ten minutes when they were trying to push for an equalizer, Chelsea just looked tired. I think they have as good a chance as anyone to win the title - although you're right, everything is very wide open this year. I don't really share your faith in United though. They're the only team out of the top 5 who haven't gotten better since last year and I think the loss of Fergie is going to have an effect on them. If I had to guess their final table position I would go with 3rd or 4th, not 1st.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2865 on: September 18, 2013, 08:22:37 AM »

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #2866 on: September 18, 2013, 01:41:39 PM »
I was trying to stream the Napoli Dortmund game, but it kept fucking up.  I did catch Klopp's little tirade.  Someone needs to make a gif of that.

edit.  I knew someone out there would. haha.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 02:20:02 PM by Decreed Bratton »

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #2867 on: September 19, 2013, 03:02:45 PM »
It might just be the beers talking, but just looking at the Europa League scores makes me all tingly. Weird match-ups and improbable scorelines. So good!

Mr.Gear

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2868 on: September 20, 2013, 01:05:31 AM »
Eriksen scored a pearler against Tromso in the europa league. Poor opposition I know, but cant wait to watch him adapt to the PL. I tried to upload a gif but am too much of a noob.

twitchflip

• Rep: 58
« Reply #2869 on: September 20, 2013, 01:27:17 AM »
^

following on from what Alan was saying, the Valencia v Swansea result was incredible - those two clubs are headed in the exact opposite direction.. Valencia have really fallen from grace since their CL and Super Cup successes of the early 2000's and Swansea's Bony/ Michu combo up front is very exciting

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #2870 on: September 20, 2013, 01:34:46 AM »
Phroar!

Speaking of Valencia, they are falling apart. Case in point, their "new" stadium.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2871 on: September 20, 2013, 06:27:22 AM »
Yes it's nice to see (mostly) everyone's second favorite BPL club, Swansea perform very well against Valencia.  I know all the random matches excite you Alan, but on the other end of the spectrum there are too many good matches this weekend to look forward to:

AC Milan vs Napoli
Roma vs Lazio
PSG vs Monaco
Manchester City vs Manchester United
LA Galaxy vs Seattle Sounders

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2872 on: September 20, 2013, 06:57:09 AM »
Aaron Ramsey will singlehandedly fuck Stoke City in the asshole on Sunday. He was exceptional since around halfway last season but now he's taken it to the next level and has been scoring goals like never before.

Daymannnnn

« Reply #2873 on: September 21, 2013, 05:06:13 PM »
Yeah Ramsey has been on the war path of late, 6 goals in 7 games im pretty sure. Brought him into my team this week, which likely means he will have a shit game.
I was stoked to see liverpool have a loss to the saints, their fucking fans have been acting like they had won the premiership already.
Manchester Derby will be good game, I feel like city will have a win (coming from United fan). Does anyone have a good site to watch epl live on?

Mr.Gear

« Reply #2874 on: September 21, 2013, 07:12:02 PM »
I was stoked to see liverpool have a loss to the saints, their fucking fans have been acting like they had won the premiership already.
Manchester Derby will be good game, I feel like city will have a win (coming from United fan). Does anyone have a good site to watch epl live on?

I've seen a bit of Southampton so far, they look pretty good. Osvaldo is a clever fucker, seen some lovely passes, touches and turns from him. Certainly good to see liverpool be taken down a notch. It will be interesting to see how they go without Coutinho for a while. I'll be watching the tottenham-cardiff game, but keeping an eye on the derby. I feel like if Rooney is on, which he has been, that United might do em.

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #2875 on: September 21, 2013, 09:30:58 PM »
Yeah Ramsey has been on the war path of late, 6 goals in 7 games im pretty sure. Brought him into my team this week, which likely means he will have a shit game.

I'm a City fan and I feel that United will win.  I'll help you out anyway.  You can try this www.firstrowsports.eu

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2876 on: September 22, 2013, 07:33:52 AM »
Aaron Ramsey with another goal

Cot damn son.

edit -

4-1 City

lol
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 10:08:01 AM by Smell Good »

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2877 on: September 22, 2013, 03:09:59 PM »
It's a good thing Ramsey scored that early goal. Arsenal had some atrocious spells in that game, particularly in the first half when Stoke scored their equalizer. Giving up that much possession and space at home to a team like Stoke is definitely a sign that you're lacking a bit in midfield. The sooner Arteta and Cazorla can get back the better for them. In all honesty I don't know what Wilshere's role in this team is going forward.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #2878 on: September 22, 2013, 03:26:14 PM »
Hopefully, eventually and maybe today we got Llorente back on track.
I mean damn, Tevez and Llorente together is rad.
Llorente reminds me of Martin Palermo and we know what Tevez+Martin Palermo did in Boca Juniors, so hopefully, maybe.

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #2879 on: September 23, 2013, 07:04:24 PM »
What's your favorite teams, fellow slap posters?