Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 464636 times)

Daymannnnn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #3150 on: January 30, 2014, 08:11:20 PM »
The amount of goal city has scored is unbelievable compared with the rest of the top 6 or 8 teams. Defensively speaking it must be a daunting task knowing your facing city. You might shut down one attacking players and then there is three others stepping up straight away. Makes city v barca a really exciting fixture, i feel like barca are on the decline.
The chelsea v city game will be interesting, best result for the rest of the table would be a draw as you said smell good. Im thinking its going to be more like 3-1 city's way.

Doesn't look like Waynes leaving OT, 300,00 pounds a week is pretty big doe for him... I normally would say he isn't worth that sort of money, but if thats whats needed to keep him away from chelsea then im all for it. (united fan)

Did you lads play your wildcard for the Jan window? Got rid of sergio for Adebayor, that free'd up money for ozil and lallana, hopefully that pays off. (Im the mefheads)

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #3151 on: January 30, 2014, 08:40:31 PM »
I can't believe that Mourinho, the master of pragmatic football, came out like that trying to shame Allardyce for parking the bus against a patently superior team. His ability to detect irony must be nonesistent; perhaps that's part of what makes him such a successful manager though? Anyway a draw away against Chelsea is nice but it isn't going to do much in the long run. You need to win games to stay up in this league, something that West Ham seems practically incapable of doing.

Re: Fantasy Football I have already played my wildcard as I have no self control whatsoever. Better to wait for the inevitable mid-season injury crisis to use it but I just can't help myself. I'm probably going to be picking up Adebayor soon as he looks like to be producing well for his price. As for Ozil, I've become a bit skeptical. Despite all his quality I think he's a bit lazy and seems uninspired since coming to Arsenal. I can't see him matching the kind of production he had at real madrid, which seemed to be the perfect team and role for him. Never really had to do too much hard work due to all the incredible talent surrounding him, just show up in the right place at the right time when a key pass was needed.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3152 on: January 30, 2014, 11:06:22 PM »
You were right to use your wild card. It expires on Saturday.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #3153 on: January 31, 2014, 06:00:51 AM »
You were right to use your wild card. It expires on Saturday.

lol.  Ya I played mine as soon as I could and then I had a massive injury crisis in my squad last week with 4 players missing out (Cabaye, Coleman, Clyne, Chester)  and 3 getting a combined 34 minutes (Lukaku, Januzaj, Pozuelo).  I can't do much right this year.  Manonne saved me with 11 points in goal!

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #3154 on: January 31, 2014, 06:54:55 AM »
Yeah, as soon as Lukaku was confirmed to have ligament damage I used my free trade to get Remy. Boom. Red card same game week. I just said screw it and got rid of him, Ramsey and one other dude that I picked up for a sub. Came out of the deal with Hazard in the end though.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #3155 on: January 31, 2014, 07:47:20 AM »
I'm still hanging onto the top spot. I swapped Giroud for Adebayor the second game he came back into the Spurs squad and I sold Ozil for Hazard a few weeks back, it seems to be paying off. I don't know what to do with Ramsey though...

kinky john

• Rep: 39
  • I do not spook easily
« Reply #3156 on: February 03, 2014, 05:07:41 AM »
Jozy Altidore. That little touch and all is forgiven! Looks like he's gaining a bit more confidence.
Quote from: lipscantgo on April 15, 2009, 02:30:26 PM
Females now know to NEVER text Jereme before breakfast. He laid it down.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3157 on: February 03, 2014, 06:36:28 PM »
The most one sided 1-0 in recent memory. Mourinho is the master.  Unfortunately for Aguero, his injuries are holding him back to be in the Cristiano, Messi, Ibra, Suarez convos. Still even without him city should have played better. Poor squad selection from Pellegrini, never really changed the game with his sub's either.  Yaya seems to tire at the end of seasons, but it's too early to judge if that's true. What a race it's going to be. Absolutely ecstatic today.  Apparently this dude game the pre match team talk

Mr.Gear

« Reply #3158 on: February 04, 2014, 04:03:29 AM »
City really missed Aguero and Fernandinho. Navas was pretty useless and Silva wasnt too influential. They did come close to the equaliser late on though so not extremely 1 sided...that said Chelsea could have easily been up 3 nil at that point. I cant believe how much they were able to make and find space within their box. I dont like chelsea...but I love Ivanovic for some reason. He is like the big goofy cousin that you gotta love, so I was happy to see him score. Feelin' ya on the Toure thoughts...although it might have just been the fact that he got the run around today and wasn't allowed to be such a force. Willian particularly had his number.

Keeps the title race tight, which Im happy for. If one of city or Chelsea were to run away with the title they may take the foot off the gas come the end of the season and allow teams fighting for the CL positions easier wins.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #3159 on: February 09, 2014, 02:02:40 AM »
This

video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #3160 on: February 09, 2014, 05:59:18 AM »
Being a Liverpool fan just gets better and better.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 06:03:08 AM by Spike Hawke »

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #3161 on: February 09, 2014, 09:38:46 AM »
Just gone 1-1 in the United game, but seriously, with RVP and Rooney back if we continue to play without any imagination as we are doing, there is only Moyes to blame. He can only blame injuries and 'luck' for so long.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Daymannnnn

« Reply #3162 on: February 09, 2014, 05:19:12 PM »
Im a man u supporter as well, and our attack is pretty stellar really with RVP, Rooney, Mata, and Januzaj... And somehow still not scoring goals??? United had something like 80 crosses and 2 goals? Might really come down to our back line with about everyone on the way out or at least should be leaving. Doesnt look like man u will be playing in Europe next season for the first time in 19 years, which will then make it pretty tricky to bring in the quality needed to play in Europe again. But Im guessing we will need about 6 players...

Shit week in Fantasy PL for my self, I cant believe people managed to get the C on hazard, (I'm looking at you Veni Vidi Vidic aka mourinho him self) Looks like yaya will be out for 3 weeks

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3163 on: February 10, 2014, 07:59:43 AM »
Im a man u supporter as well, and our attack is pretty stellar really with RVP, Rooney, Mata, and Januzaj... And somehow still not scoring goals??? United had something like 80 crosses and 2 goals? Might really come down to our back line with about everyone on the way out or at least should be leaving. Doesnt look like man u will be playing in Europe next season for the first time in 19 years, which will then make it pretty tricky to bring in the quality needed to play in Europe again. But Im guessing we will need about 6 players...

Shit week in Fantasy PL for my self, I cant believe people managed to get the C on hazard, (I'm looking at you Veni Vidi Vidic aka mourinho him self) Looks like yaya will be out for 3 weeks
You can have 80 crosses but only two get to your teammates. The quality of service was poor considering Man U where up against seven defenders in the box with only 3, at best, Man U players. It took to long for Moyes to figure that out and make changes. Its a work in progress but when simple mistakes from management and players alike keep happening, its not going to get any easier.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3164 on: February 10, 2014, 01:30:35 PM »
I think it's funny that the press just assumes Man United can spend their way out of this in the summer and be ready to challenge for the title next year.  If they don't get Champion's League, they will have to spend some serious cash to convince players to come to Old Trafford and there are many richer clubs out there trying to do the same.  They need 4 new defenders basically, and probably a Yaya Toure/Matic figure as well.  Liverpool have a really good chance to keep them out and secure 4th and in the form they are in, I can see them doing even better than 4th.   It's about time a power shift happened and I think everyone but the Old Trafford faithful is welcoming it.

Daymannnnn

« Reply #3165 on: February 18, 2014, 12:28:57 PM »
Can any legend help out with a streaming link for the man city barca game? Ill suck yo dick

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
« Reply #3166 on: February 18, 2014, 12:30:09 PM »
PSG's 3rd goal by Ibra. Jesus...

Here you go, dude. Give the bj to GAY, though.

http://88.80.11.29/77086/watch-manchester-city-vs-barcelona
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Daymannnnn

« Reply #3167 on: February 18, 2014, 12:57:54 PM »
Thanks Alan! Wellllll City are fucked now with that red card

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3168 on: February 20, 2014, 02:09:20 PM »
salzburg beating ajax 3:0 in amsterdam, soriano's goal was amazing, and mane slipping on the wet grass and getting laughed at by the whole stadium, then scoring 2 minutes later and celebrating like a boss.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3169 on: February 20, 2014, 02:33:31 PM »
What is going on there?  Crazy result.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3170 on: February 20, 2014, 02:59:10 PM »

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #3171 on: February 21, 2014, 08:28:36 AM »
Teams coming to the US this summer....

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1722514/liverpool-manchester-united-set-foes-us-tour?cc=5901

see yall at yankee stadium then?

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3172 on: February 21, 2014, 09:20:39 AM »
Easily a sell out.  A great place to watch a game, but the trip from Manhattan takes awhile.  I saw PSG vs Chelsea there and it was a blast.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #3173 on: February 22, 2014, 12:24:34 PM »
Is this real life?  :)
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #3174 on: February 26, 2014, 01:01:24 PM »
Mancini is a strange coach. Playing a two-man midfield against 4-3-3 Chelsea? Looked like Sneijder basically told him to add a midfielder, he did and they started doing a bit better. Annoyed to see Sneijder played on the left like that. When he is in a number 10 role his class immediately shows.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #3175 on: February 26, 2014, 01:44:12 PM »
Gala looked good in that second half. Shame they started off so poorly or it could have been yet another unfortunate surprise for an English club this year.

I'm delighting in United's collapse under Moyes. RVP throwing his teammates under the bus has to be one of the final nails in the coffin.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #3176 on: February 26, 2014, 02:13:47 PM »
Gala looked good in that second half. Shame they started off so poorly or it could have been yet another unfortunate surprise for an English club this year.

I'm delighting in United's collapse under Moyes. RVP throwing his teammates under the bus has to be one of the final nails in the coffin.

Was hardly throwing them under the bus, seemed to be questioning the tactics of Moyes as opposed to any specific players.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #3177 on: February 26, 2014, 03:50:56 PM »
Ya, that comment by RVP sounded more like a reflection of the team's general confusion about Moyes tactical schemes (Moyes apparently likes to split the pitch up into 'zones' during training in order to assign set positional responsibilities to each player in games).

It could just be that the players are going through an adjustment to this major tactical change since Ferguson's coaching strategies bore pretty much no resemblance to Moyes' (much more free flowing and attack oriented). However, it could also be that Moyes tactics make no sense for the group of players he has or they've just given up on him. Honestly though, this is pretty much how I would have expected United's season to go under almost any manager other than Fergie. "Moyes out" fever shouldn't distract from the fact that this team is losing games primarily because a lot of the players aren't good enough.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3178 on: February 26, 2014, 04:51:47 PM »
Ya, that comment by RVP sounded more like a reflection of the team's general confusion about Moyes tactical schemes (Moyes apparently likes to split the pitch up into 'zones' during training in order to assign set positional responsibilities to each player in games).

It could just be that the players are going through an adjustment to this major tactical change since Ferguson's coaching strategies bore pretty much no resemblance to Moyes' (much more free flowing and attack oriented). However, it could also be that Moyes tactics make no sense for the group of players he has or they've just given up on him. Honestly though, this is pretty much how I would have expected United's season to go under almost any manager other than Fergie. "Moyes out" fever shouldn't distract from the fact that this team is losing games primarily because a lot of the players aren't good enough.
An ageing team and those that are left are not strong enough. However, I'm loving every minute of this "fall from grace". Its amazing how many Man U "fans" are forgetting about the premier league this season.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3179 on: March 01, 2014, 03:54:54 PM »
What the fuck is Pardew up to?