Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 464419 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #3210 on: March 22, 2014, 09:18:46 PM »

Too bad Liverpool is going to take it down

bricards1

• Rep: -4
« Reply #3211 on: March 23, 2014, 06:35:49 AM »
phins

bricards1

• Rep: -4
« Reply #3212 on: March 23, 2014, 06:36:12 AM »
bills blow

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3213 on: March 23, 2014, 03:08:25 PM »
Every time El Clasico rolls around I'm so glad I'm neutral. Fun match to watch today but Jesus if I had a horse in the race I'd have been pulling my hair out.

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #3214 on: March 23, 2014, 03:27:26 PM »
I'm happy with the el classic  results   ;D

holden caulfield

• Rep: -33
« Reply #3215 on: March 23, 2014, 03:30:30 PM »
once again, we see why el clasico is considered to be the best game in club football. people talk a lot of shit about barcelona these days, but the fact is in the past month they've beat manchester city and real madrid. iniesta is fucking god.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3216 on: March 23, 2014, 05:14:31 PM »
once again, we see why el clasico is considered to be the best game in club football. people talk a lot of shit about barcelona these days, but the fact is in the past month they've beat manchester city and real madrid. iniesta is fucking god.
nuthin beats old firm games.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #3217 on: March 23, 2014, 06:36:34 PM »
Ahhh. It wouldn't be el classico without a Sergio Ramos red card. Looking forward to watching the game when I have some time this evening. If any of y'all honkies want a link (.zip not torrent) let me know via PM.

Expand Quote
[close]

I dunno. I would rather watch two of the best teams in the world (who also happen to hate each other) battle it out than two mediocre clubs with 'storied histories' struggle through the only meaningful 90 minutes of their entire domestic season. Perhaps I'd feel differently if I were Scottish...

holden caulfield

• Rep: -33
« Reply #3218 on: March 23, 2014, 07:07:56 PM »
Ahhh. It wouldn't be el classico without a Sergio Ramos red card. Looking forward to watching the game when I have some time this evening. If any of y'all honkies want a link (.zip not torrent) let me know via PM.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I dunno. I would rather watch two of the best teams in the world (who also happen to hate each other) battle it out than two mediocre clubs with 'storied histories' struggle through the only meaningful 90 minutes of their entire domestic season. Perhaps I'd feel differently if I were Scottish...

lol yeah get outta here with that shit, i mean im sure they're great and all if you're drunk and scottish but let's be real here...

also wouldn't be a clasico without ronaldo blaming the result entirely on the ref despite once again playing like shit in a big game

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #3219 on: March 24, 2014, 08:10:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Bastien Schweinstieger told me indirectly to die....
[close]

Go on.....

My friend's wife met Philip Lahm and Pigfarmer at a Roulette table in Vegas where they were celebrating their CL victory.  She didn't know who they were but started chatting with them.  She said my husband is a Liverpool fan and they said Liverpool is a good club, then she said our friend is a big Chelsea fan and The Schwein said, "All Chelsea fans should die."  Hahaha.  Dude is still bitter about ruining what would've been the biggest party of all time in Munich.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #3220 on: March 24, 2014, 03:09:49 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

lol yeah get outta here with that shit, i mean im sure they're great and all if you're drunk and scottish but let's be real here...

also wouldn't be a clasico without ronaldo blaming the result entirely on the ref despite once again playing like shit in a big game
i'm talking atmosphere, not soccer skills.  i'd pick celtic vs rangers live at celtic park over  el classico anyday. it's an overall experience and a good time at the stadium requires more than just  good teams. of course celtic is not up to par with the big european clubs, yet people tend to forget that they beat barca in 2012.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 03:19:23 PM by pica »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3221 on: March 26, 2014, 05:54:11 AM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yo I sent u a PM

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #3222 on: March 29, 2014, 06:06:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
i'm talking atmosphere, not soccer skills.  i'd pick celtic vs rangers live at celtic park over  el classico anyday. it's an overall experience and a good time at the stadium requires more than just  good teams. of course celtic is not up to par with the big european clubs, yet people tend to forget that they beat barca in 2012.
Well in that case then Fenerbache v. Galatasaray or Boca v. River would be even bigger.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Tracer

« Reply #3223 on: April 01, 2014, 11:07:37 AM »
Time to upset the German machine

Man Utd: De Gea, Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic, Buttner, Valencia, Carrick, Fellaini, Giggs, Rooney, Welbeck. Subs: Lindegaard, Hernandez, Nani, Young, Fletcher, Kagawa, Januzaj VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #3224 on: April 01, 2014, 02:00:53 PM »
Wellbeck and Young are both useless, no idea how they get games.  Last week against Villa, Kagawa, Rooney & Mata played well together, despite the best intentions of Fallaini who's a disaster - with all their experience of big CL games why weren't they played together tonight?  Daft. 

And I'm a Liverpool fan, ha.  Looking forward to watching them vs Dortmund or Athletico next season.

Edit - good game tonight though.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 02:07:03 PM by ciaran »

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #3225 on: April 01, 2014, 03:53:54 PM »
Wellbeck and Young are both useless, no idea how they get games.  Last week against Villa, Kagawa, Rooney & Mata played well together, despite the best intentions of Fallaini who's a disaster - with all their experience of big CL games why weren't they played together tonight?  Daft. 

And I'm a Liverpool fan, ha.  Looking forward to watching them vs Dortmund or Athletico next season.

You say it's daft but it worked. Actually thought Welbeck was brilliant tonight, despite the pretty awful miss. One of the hardest working team players i've seen. And Mata can't play in the champions league he's cup tied.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #3226 on: April 01, 2014, 04:38:07 PM »
I forgot to record the matches today.

I was actually kind of hoping for Bayern to pin man utd down and brutally fuck them in the ass but I guess it was a 1-1? Well done.

I hate Bayern too though. They're like Man utd at their peak but on steroids. Shit is absurd.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:41:04 PM by Smell Good »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3227 on: April 01, 2014, 05:03:21 PM »

There are so many errors in this post it's laughable.  You made the classic mistake of combining Athletic Club and Atletico into the monstrous "Athletico".  Ugh.

Both thrilling matches today, I was mainly following the Barca Atletico match, but did manage to catch Schwein's goal. 

Tracer

« Reply #3228 on: April 01, 2014, 05:20:52 PM »
More than happy with the UTD draw, I was shitting myself when they scored first

7/1 underdogs and they come up with a huge draw, can't wait to see the next game

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3229 on: April 01, 2014, 06:49:19 PM »
Tracer is a United fan...this is perfect

Tracer

« Reply #3230 on: April 01, 2014, 07:18:53 PM »
Tracer is a United fan...this is perfect
I'm actually a liverpool supporter but support EPL whenever possible on the intl stage. And yes I expect Liverpool to blow it late, so no need

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3231 on: April 01, 2014, 08:20:22 PM »
I guess I was wrong to write off Man U totally. That was actually a really good performance by them, although Bayern seemed a bit off their game as well. I kind of wish Wellbeck's goal in the first 15 minutes hadn't been ruled out. Might have made for an even more interesting return leg in Munich.

I really think Barcelona are in trouble after drawing at home against atletico today. They haven't managed to score more than one goal against them all season, and the next leg is going to be played in from of a Madrid home crowd that hasn't tasted Champions league success in years. Shit is gonna be real. I have a feeling it may be Barca's most difficult game of the season, actually.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #3232 on: April 01, 2014, 08:59:41 PM »
Bayern will probably roll over United at the Allianz. United did well to fight back in the second half after being abysmal in the first, but the result still suits Bayern better, and I can't see them being so wasteful next time around at home. Fellaini was so hilariously useless today. He must have turned the ball over a dozen times on his own.

Also that second yellow for Schweinsteiger was pretty bullshit, he was pulling his legs back and I don't think he ever made contact with Rooney. Their exchange afterwards was pretty funny.

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #3233 on: April 01, 2014, 10:37:37 PM »
I know Pep is a good manager and all, but I think his way of tiki taka didn't suit this game.  I don't recall one time that Bayern tried to counter attack.  The best way to get at United is try to throw men forward and try to batter their back line like Liverpool and City did.  Holding up the ball so United could get set defensively helped United and a goal via a corner or set piece can always happen.  Hoping for Chelsea and PSG to be a good one tomorrow.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3234 on: April 02, 2014, 12:21:16 AM »
Bayern will probably roll over United at the Allianz. United did well to fight back in the second half after being abysmal in the first, but the result still suits Bayern better, and I can't see them being so wasteful next time around at home. Fellaini was so hilariously useless today. He must have turned the ball over a dozen times on his own.

Also that second yellow for Schweinsteiger was pretty bullshit, he was pulling his legs back and I don't think he ever made contact with Rooney. Their exchange afterwards was pretty funny.

I agree that Bayern will probably still pummel them at home, but I wouldn't say that United were abysmal in the first half at all. Despite having next to no possession they created the best opportunities and gave up few clear cut chances. Anyway, a team of their caliber playing 45 minutes against Bayern without conceding a goal is (even at home) pretty impressive.

The whole Fellaini debacle is hilarious to me. Aside from being way overpriced, the guy is also short on ball control, passing ability and positional sense for a defensive midfielder at that level. His best role seems to be as an attacking mid. bulldozer/occasional defender , but of course, Moyes had to bring in one of "his guys" to fill the hole in United's midfield, no matter how inadequately. Leighton Baines, though probably also overpriced, would have at least had lots of experience playing at his position before coming to the club.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #3235 on: April 02, 2014, 05:49:06 AM »

Got to agree with weedpop, United were hardly 'abysmal' in the first half, if that were true Bayern would have scored on more than one occasion. United had the better chances in the first half easily, and Welbeck's goal should have stood, Martinez ducked into his foot and Welbeck was watching the ball the whole time, was a little harsh.
As for Schweinsteiger, he definitely made contact and definitely fouled Rooney, and while Rooney made a meal of it, you can't be on a yellow and be making tackles like that.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3236 on: April 02, 2014, 06:05:30 AM »
Barca 1 year transfer ban!  That's huge as they desperately need to strengthen in defense and were going to replace Valdes.

my pregnant head

• Rep: 13
« Reply #3237 on: April 02, 2014, 07:26:47 AM »
Whenever I see somebody say EPL I can't help but think of this dude and chuckle. Always good for a laugh if some of you guys aren't familiar:

https://twitter.com/usasoccerguy

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
« Reply #3238 on: April 02, 2014, 07:59:53 AM »
I was bored by ManU parking the bus and Bayern passing around the box. Not worthy of a CL quarterfinal. Also no idea why Mandzukic wasn't a starter...
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3239 on: April 02, 2014, 08:03:38 AM »
I was bored by ManU parking the bus and Bayern passing around the box. Not worthy of a CL quarterfinal. Also no idea why Mandzukic wasn't a starter...
Watched the 1st half with a friend who never watches soccer baked as fuck, he was not too stoked on it lol