Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 464715 times)

Smell Good

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #3330 on: April 22, 2014, 05:51:55 PM »
Simeone looks like he's killed a few people in his time.

Not a Fotograph

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3331 on: April 22, 2014, 06:07:08 PM »
Moyes was undermined from the start by some of the senior players. If Moyes ran things like Fergie, he would have had Rio training with the youth team and transferred out anyone else who questioned him. Those same players complaining that he didn't run things like Sir Alex would have been turfed out by a similar manager to Ferguson.

If I were a Man U fan, I'd be furious at Ferguson. It's his Scottish pride and ego that picked Moyes and kept your team from getting a better manager that might have had instant success. The best thing for your club would be for him to fade in to the background.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #3332 on: April 22, 2014, 06:28:40 PM »
Moyes was undermined from the start by some of the senior players. If Moyes ran things like Fergie, he would have had Rio training with the youth team and transferred out anyone else who questioned him. Those same players complaining that he didn't run things like Sir Alex would have been turfed out by a similar manager to Ferguson.

If I were a Man U fan, I'd be furious at Ferguson. It's his Scottish pride and ego that picked Moyes and kept your team from getting a better manager that might have had instant success. The best thing for your club would be for him to fade in to the background.

No. You wouldn't.  You'd have an unshakeable, fierce love for him.

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #3333 on: April 23, 2014, 01:58:57 PM »
Ugh, real madrid beat my boys in Munich >:(

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3334 on: April 23, 2014, 02:54:59 PM »
Both of these 1st leg semi final matches have been pretty fucking shit in terms of goals.

Real Madrid looked incisive and precise with their counterattacks. Modric gets my man of the match. Very tidy player

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #3335 on: April 23, 2014, 03:07:54 PM »
Modric is easily one of the best midfielders in the world and he seems to have even improved in the last year or so. All those Madridistas who voted him "worst signing of the year" in 2012 can eat shit.

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #3336 on: April 23, 2014, 11:15:09 PM »
Modric is easily one of the best midfielders in the world and he seems to have even improved in the last year or so. All those Madridistas who voted him "worst signing of the year" in 2012 can eat shit.

agreed. The atletico and chelsea game was quite boring

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #3337 on: April 24, 2014, 04:01:39 AM »
UEFAlona. Fucking pussies. I KNEW they wouldn't have the balls to deny Barcelona from getting any players the next transfer windows.

felix.

• Rep: -34
« Reply #3338 on: April 24, 2014, 04:16:18 AM »
football sucks. that is all.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #3339 on: April 24, 2014, 07:21:42 AM »
"It's very difficult to play a football match where only one team wants to play." Jose Mourinho, CHE 0-0 WHU Jan 2014.

West Ham for this goal

Haha good old crazy Paolo..I found this and it's funny in its awkwardness

Although I have to admit the 'When you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's Zamora' is fun too  :)

EDIT: what the fuck is going on with Europa League? I feel like if Juventus doesn't win this cup, it's going to be the Celtic of SerieA and SerieA is becoming some bigger Scottish PL.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:15:43 PM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #3340 on: April 24, 2014, 07:34:28 AM »

You're a twat. That is all.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #3341 on: April 24, 2014, 02:59:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You're a twat. That is all.

gnar'd

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3342 on: April 25, 2014, 08:17:13 AM »
Inter Napoli tomorrow

Don't normally give a shit about Serie A but something about this fixture seems very compelling. I also have an unexplainable soft spot for Inter.

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -8
« Reply #3343 on: April 26, 2014, 04:20:17 AM »
So, in addition to what happens on the pitch, is anyone else into supporting? I mean I'm far from a Ultra, but I love the atmosphere and yes, also the super passive-aggressive behavior around football matches (I absolutely despise real violence though). I make sure to go watch a match in a stadium every once in a while and I absolutely love it. I'm a sucker for chants, tifos/choreographies, and a tense atmosphere as well. The louder, the better.

That being said, I feel like a split personality at times. Outside the stadium, I'm a friendly, polite, and more or less sophisticated person, but in a stadium I will insult and scream at players and supporters I don't even know in person. I'm usually very critical of mass identities and the mass psychology that comes with it, but every once in a while I'm subject to it myself. I'm aware of it though and as soon as I get home I will let go off it for the next couple of weeks. I feel like I need that passive-aggressive behavior as a contrast to the perfect idyll of campus, where everyone is always trying to behave in such a fucking super correct way.

So here it is, a couple of clips of supporters I find impressive:

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3344 on: April 26, 2014, 05:41:11 AM »
Oh no.. feel kinda bad for Everton right now

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3345 on: April 26, 2014, 08:59:11 AM »
Well, that's Champions League football next season practically settled then...

;)

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3346 on: April 27, 2014, 06:03:12 AM »
Game of the year premiership year right about to happen, streamin on the laptop to hdmi TV, potent ganja stash, beer coolin in the fridge, yeee  :D

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #3347 on: April 27, 2014, 06:55:20 AM »
Nooo! Poor Gerrard  :-\  :'(

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3348 on: April 27, 2014, 09:23:34 AM »
What's the consensus here, attractive football or effective football?

« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:33:46 AM by Smell Good »

Not a Fotograph

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3349 on: April 27, 2014, 10:38:11 AM »
"It's very difficult to play a football match where only one team wants to play." Jose Mourinho, CHE 0-0 WHU Jan 2014.

Ahhh Jose. When you negate, like today, it's tactically brilliant. When someone negates your squad it's an affront to football.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3350 on: April 29, 2014, 12:44:20 PM »
Half time right now, loving every second of this semi final

Bayern completely shitting the fucking bed. Always nice to see those arrogant smug assholes get taken down a few pegs.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3351 on: April 29, 2014, 01:28:06 PM »
Madrid are unreal (couldn't resisit)

Regardless of whether Chelsea or Athletico go through based on this performance either will get battered.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
« Reply #3352 on: April 29, 2014, 02:14:52 PM »
Half time right now, loving every second of this semi final

Bayern completely shitting the fucking bed. Always nice to see those arrogant smug assholes get taken down a few pegs.

By some other arrogant smug assholes? Lose/lose situation right there...

Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3353 on: April 29, 2014, 02:33:45 PM »
Thing about Madrid is that their club is defined by that very trait, they're the rich fucking assholes and they wear it shamelessly. Most of their players look like pricks, Ronaldo, Pepe, etc. but it's laughable, almost hyperbolic

Bayern Munich have airs about them that I don't care for.

I guess this is why my preferred brand of arrogant cunt is Real Madrid.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #3354 on: April 29, 2014, 02:43:23 PM »
Ya, I don't think you can draw much of a distinction between one group of overpaid, coddled sports superstars and another re: arrogance and sense of entitlement. It was good to see Real win just as a counterbalance to Bayern's dominance over the last couple of seasons, but they certainly aren't 'underdogs' by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyway, regardless of who wins the next semi, the final should be pretty fantastic. It'll either be Mourinho leading his 'little horse' against the team that forced him out last summer or Real fighting for la decima against their city rivals (and main competition for the la liga title). Either way it won't be an easy game for Madrid as both teams are extremely solid defensively and not afraid to cede possession, making them less susceptible to Real's counterattacks.  Should be a good one.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #3355 on: April 29, 2014, 05:23:35 PM »
Ya, I don't think you can draw much of a distinction between one group of overpaid, coddled sports superstars and another re: arrogance and sense of entitlement. It was good to see Real win just as a counterbalance to Bayern's dominance over the last couple of seasons, but they certainly aren't 'underdogs' by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyway, regardless of who wins the next semi, the final should be pretty fantastic. It'll either be Mourinho leading his 'little horse' against the team that forced him out last summer or Real fighting for la decima against their city rivals (and main competition for the la liga title). Either way it won't be an easy game for Madrid as both teams are extremely solid defensively and not afraid to cede possession, making them less susceptible to Real's counterattacks.  Should be a good one.

They've had 1 dominant season.  1. This season is practically a wash with the amount of injuries Dortmund has had to deal with.  I do fully agree with you that it won't be an easy game for Real no matter the opponent and the pman's over confidence in them is strange. 

I'd like to now be a smug asshole myself and remind everyone that I've been a constant doubter of how great this Bayern side actually is. 

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
« Reply #3356 on: April 30, 2014, 03:10:39 AM »
"Pep Guardiola, the manager, blamed himself.

"I like to have ball possession," Guardiola said. "The reason that we lost tonight was we didn't have ball possession. We needed more control."

WTF is he on about? They had 65% possesion.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3357 on: April 30, 2014, 03:30:17 AM »
The biggest issue I think is that Pep has turned Bayern's aggressive, dynamic, fast football of last year and turned it into tika taka. He's slowed this Bayern team right down and while it works against lesser sides in the Bundesliga, he's been found out against the bigger teams like Madrid and arguably you saw it when they played Man United too, up until United scored there first goal.
Even last year when Pep's philosophy was still in place at Barca under Tito Vilanova, the tika taka style of play was absolutely trashed by the Bayern team that last night got trashed by Madrid team.
What do people think? End of tika taka? You've got to think that Pep will at least look at the style Bayern play over the summer and attempt to tweak it.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3358 on: April 30, 2014, 01:36:35 PM »
ATLETICO

Their exploits this season is definitely making them the fashionable choice amongst neutrals this season (like Dortmund last season). Their players are really technically adept, incredibly calm and comfortable with the ball but there's a bit of steel and grit about them too. Very defensively sound. They play some good ass football.

Madrid derby final is going to be absolutely fascinating

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3359 on: April 30, 2014, 01:43:25 PM »
ATLETICO

Their exploits this season is definitely making them the fashionable choice amongst neutrals this season (like Dortmund last season). Their players are really technically adept, incredibly calm and comfortable with the ball but there's a bit of steel and grit about them too. Very defensively sound. They play some good ass football.

Madrid derby final is going to be absolutely fascinating
WORD, great stuff GO ATLETICO, I hope they win, would love to be at this final shits gonna be heated, fuck yea and World Cup in a month!! World Cup summers are the best summers!