Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 464467 times)

McDuff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #3690 on: August 06, 2014, 08:55:47 PM »
anyone watch mls all stars vs bayern munich? dude for mls had a shitty challenge, but guardiola not shaking hands etc was pretty gross. obv i get that he doesnt want his boys injured (i especially feel for him cause it was shaqiri, who liverpool have been linked with, who was the one on the shitty end of the challenge), but really? pretty bummed it ended that way.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:54:37 PM by McDuff »

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #3691 on: August 07, 2014, 07:56:15 AM »
anyone watch mls all stars vs bayern munich? dude for mls had a shitty challenge, but guardiola not shaking hands etc was pretty gross. obv i get that he doesnt want his boys injured (i especially feel for him cause it was shaqiri, who liverpool have been linked with, who was the one on the shitty end of the challenge), but really? pretty bummed it ended that way.

I saw some of the tackles and while some of them were rough they weren't shocking. It was a friendly, Guardiola not shaking hands just makes him look bitter for losing.

What do Liverpool fans think of these growing rumours that Falcao could join?
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #3692 on: August 07, 2014, 08:58:37 AM »
I for one, as a Manchester United fan, would not be impressed.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #3693 on: August 07, 2014, 09:30:59 AM »
It's very unlikely.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #3694 on: August 07, 2014, 12:29:38 PM »
Falcao to Liverpool sounds like a fabricated transfer story to me. I mean, they could use him, and I wouldn't be surprised if they'd inquired about his services, but I don't think a player who's been recently pursued by Chelsea and Real Madrid would go to a club like Liverpool who clearly couldn't offer him as much money - not to mention their relative lack of 'world class' players to support him.

As a Liverpool fan I'd be stoked, but this story just reeks of clickbait.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #3695 on: August 08, 2014, 09:05:30 AM »
I'm sure they're legitimately interested in Falcao and Cavani like people have reported. Not going to happen on their wages though, it flies in the face of all the recruitment they've been doing the last couple years. Those aren't guys you can sign to 80k/week + performance incentives. I'm sure Falcao's more than content to keep earning astronomical wages in a tax haven until Real Madrid decide he's worth adding to the collection, and Cavani is also going to expect a weekly dumptruck delivery of gold bullion if he's to go anywhere.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #3696 on: August 08, 2014, 09:18:27 AM »
How come Stoke or some other English club aren't taking a punt for Afellay? Seems like they intend to move towards a more continental brand of football these days. West Ham? It's weird how his career's turned out.

In other news, selling Vermaelen to Barca for 15 million is a good bit of business. Just a matter of replacing him now with someone that won't mind riding the bench a bit. Maybe a younger CB.

Apparently Arsenal wanted Smalling + cash but Man Utd weren't into it.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3697 on: August 15, 2014, 04:52:34 AM »
What's the Slap Pals code for fantasy league?
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3698 on: August 15, 2014, 06:09:35 AM »
59690-38677

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3699 on: August 17, 2014, 06:49:53 AM »
That backheel!  :D

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #3700 on: August 17, 2014, 10:44:39 AM »
Cabella looked pretty good. Riviere too

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #3701 on: August 17, 2014, 02:18:20 PM »
Cabella did look good, but I thought Riviere could have done better. (glad he didn't)  He's quick and look like he can cause a lot of problems, just needs to make better decisions.

I was impressed with that guy Tadic from Southampton.  They played well despite losing a lot of players and their manager.  I hope they can stay up.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #3702 on: August 18, 2014, 02:36:29 PM »
You guys familiar with a head-to-head league?
Would you be up to joining one?

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3703 on: August 18, 2014, 03:21:35 PM »
Liverpool, City, Tottenham all going to fight fir it. Nothing changes in EPL

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3704 on: August 18, 2014, 04:59:09 PM »

Tottenham and Liverpool??? Tottenham have a fine team but it will be a fight between City and Chelsea.

Also 'Nothing changes in the EPL' - it's never been a fight between those three teams, in fact I wasn't born the last time Spurs had a genuine title challenge (no offence Tottenham fans), the title challenge of the last fours years has usually been between City United Chelsea and Arsenal, not that I see United challenging for any major honours this year.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3705 on: August 18, 2014, 05:20:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Tottenham and Liverpool??? Tottenham have a fine team but it will be a fight between City and Chelsea.

Also 'Nothing changes in the EPL' - it's never been a fight between those three teams, in fact I wasn't born the last time Spurs had a genuine title challenge (no offence Tottenham fans), the title challenge of the last fours years has usually been between City United Chelsea and Arsenal, not that I see United challenging for any major honours this year.
If this was true Leeds would still be in 4th

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #3706 on: August 19, 2014, 12:06:43 AM »
Not to pile on, but the last 5-10 years have also been some of the change-iest in the Premier League's history, with the influx of oil money bringing Chelsea and City to the top and making things overall more competitive. It's ok though, Tracer just started watching 6 months ago.

Chelsea looked GOOD in the first half today, then slightly Mourinho-ish and depressing in the second (still good though). I think this is the year they really start making their presence felt again after a few years of rebuilding. Kind of too early to get a read on teams at this point though, especially those like Arsenal and Liverpool who have had a lot of personnel changes.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #3707 on: August 19, 2014, 05:28:39 AM »
Might as well stop posting here till Allardyce gets sacked but I know I can't resist lol
So'ton looked good saturday, Ronald Koeman is a good manager.
I'm also wondering if Borini will get a chance with the 'pool, he deserves that.

On a random side note while in Norway we casually stumbled across Molde stadium and got the chance to see 2nd half; could not believe they are leading the league though, I bought a Rosenborg adidas training kit too haha.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:30:34 AM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3708 on: August 19, 2014, 06:05:45 AM »
Might as well stop posting here till Allardyce gets sacked but I know I can't resist lol
So'ton looked good saturday, Ronald Koeman is a good manager.
I'm also wondering if Borini will get a chance with the 'pool, he deserves that.

On a random side note while in Norway we casually stumbled across Molde stadium and got the chance to see 2nd half; could not believe they are leading the league though, I bought a Rosenborg adidas training kit too haha.

!!!!!!!!! #JELLY

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3709 on: August 19, 2014, 06:20:38 PM »
Tottenham is solid, I don't watch all their games but I know how to scout talent.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #3710 on: August 20, 2014, 05:24:38 AM »
Tottenham is solid, I don't watch all their games but I know how to scout talent.
I'm looking forward to a season of Tracer wisdom.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 12:26:21 PM by Spike Hawke »

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3711 on: August 20, 2014, 09:39:35 AM »

Yes they're solid, but I don't see them as title challengers. They'll be fighting for a place in the top 4.

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #3712 on: August 21, 2014, 04:53:19 AM »
Balotelli to Anfield... mixed emotions
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3713 on: August 21, 2014, 04:59:34 AM »
wooooooah!

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #3714 on: August 21, 2014, 05:05:19 AM »

You'll never tweet alone.

He's no Suarez but can do really good things. His mood is a russian roulette though; I felt he didn't have the right motivations at AC Milan, so I'm curious to see how shit will work up at 'pool, surely we'll laugh a lot in the next few months.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3715 on: August 21, 2014, 05:31:44 AM »
Even if it doesn't work, 16 mil is great value for him.  I can see them pipping United for 4th with Balotelli.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3716 on: August 21, 2014, 05:35:49 AM »
The real question though..... Balotelli on lifetime FA ban???...........confirmed???

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #3717 on: August 21, 2014, 06:07:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He's no Suarez but can do really good things. His mood is a russian roulette though; I felt he didn't have the right motivations at AC Milan, so I'm curious to see how shit will work up at 'pool, surely we'll laugh a lot in the next few months.
So not convinced about this. Not sure if its a total waste of money or not. Sadly there isn't really anyone else left for Liverpool to buy at the moment. Sturridge needs to be the centre of attention to really flourish and with Balotelli I don't see them getting along on the pitch. I would love to be wrong though.

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #3718 on: August 21, 2014, 06:46:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
So not convinced about this. Not sure if its a total waste of money or not. Sadly there isn't really anyone else left for Liverpool to buy at the moment. Sturridge needs to be the centre of attention to really flourish and with Balotelli I don't see them getting along on the pitch. I would love to be wrong though.

Was hoping there was still a chance of Cavani :'(
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #3719 on: August 21, 2014, 10:38:56 AM »

:D