Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 464699 times)

Smell Good

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #3810 on: October 08, 2014, 11:02:47 AM »

Haha is this actually in the book? This can't be real

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #3811 on: October 08, 2014, 11:40:33 AM »
hahahahahahahaha wtf

Early Hokus Pokus

• Rep: -59
« Reply #3812 on: October 08, 2014, 01:14:06 PM »
Anyone know how Ozil fucked his knee?

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3813 on: October 08, 2014, 01:47:23 PM »
According to the statement Arsenal released, he had a sore knee from the Chelsea game and complained about it when he met up with the German national team. Had a scan in Munich which showed ligament damage. They've sent him back to London

Around 3 months out

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3814 on: October 11, 2014, 05:18:20 AM »
Brazil v Argentina just started yo!  heads up   :D

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3815 on: October 11, 2014, 05:54:34 AM »
bit of a weird one

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #3816 on: October 14, 2014, 09:29:28 PM »
Crazy shit going down in Belgrade http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/euro-2016/11163216/Serbia-v-Albania-abandoned-following-mass-brawl-after-drone-flies-over-stadium-carrying-Albanian-flag.html Anyone ever see that 30 for 30 ESPN Documentary Once Brothers?  It reminds me when Vlade Divac did something similar with the Croatian flag.  

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 10:37:09 PM by Decreed Bratton »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3817 on: October 15, 2014, 05:37:47 AM »
Will somebody from the region help me keep score here.  So the Slovenians, Albanians, Croats, and Bosniaks all hate the Serbs.  Bosnia is a mish-mosh of Serbs, Bosniaks, and Croats?  Sort of the what's left of Yugoslavia?  (I wonder what they mean when they say there is a huge Bosnian population in St. Louis USA then)  The Serbs hate everyone except Russia.  Where does Bulgaria, Montenegro and Macedonia come in?  I know there's something between Macedonia and Greece.  I feel like the whole region doesn't get enough attention and it's hard to follow. 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 05:40:34 AM by chockfullofthat »

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #3818 on: October 15, 2014, 01:10:02 PM »

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
« Reply #3819 on: October 15, 2014, 09:57:47 PM »
Will somebody from the region help me keep score here.  So the Slovenians, Albanians, Croats, and Bosniaks all hate the Serbs.  Bosnia is a mish-mosh of Serbs, Bosniaks, and Croats?  Sort of the what's left of Yugoslavia?  (I wonder what they mean when they say there is a huge Bosnian population in St. Louis USA then)  The Serbs hate everyone except Russia.  Where does Bulgaria, Montenegro and Macedonia come in?  I know there's something between Macedonia and Greece.  I feel like the whole region doesn't get enough attention and it's hard to follow. 

Wish I had the time to answer now. But yeah, it's complicated.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #3820 on: October 16, 2014, 12:17:13 PM »
^ I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. I can say that the Bulgarians kind of dislike Turks because their were Turkish groups running for election in BG. We liked Russians because they helped fight off the turks back in the day. Now i'm not sure if Russians are liked because their mobsters are building/buying resorts on our coast, and making stuff commercialized and convenient for their people to come on vacay.. Overall I don't think Bulgarians are really hateful towards neighbors. I think the Northern European countries might not like people from BG especially gypsies because many have immigrated..blah blah blah sports ya!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 12:20:36 PM by EPetrov »

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #3821 on: October 21, 2014, 12:26:43 PM »
Bayern 5-0 Roma. 35th minute. This is pretty outrageous. Hard to tell if Roma just gave up or if Bayern are just playing really well.

Either way it kind of works out for Man City even though they blew it again against CSKA today. I don't know how you can spend that much on players but still consistently suck in Europe.

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #3822 on: October 21, 2014, 08:49:29 PM »
Bayern 5-0 Roma. 35th minute. This is pretty outrageous. Hard to tell if Roma just gave up or if Bayern are just playing really well.

Either way it kind of works out for Man City even though they blew it again against CSKA today. I don't know how you can spend that much on players but still consistently suck in Europe.

Wish I had the time to answer now. But yeah, it's complicated.  :-\

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3823 on: October 22, 2014, 03:41:01 PM »
Holy shit, quick smash 'n grab job by Arsenal who've otherwise been dogshit to mediocre due to all the injuries

Podolski with that point blank execution style finish

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3824 on: October 22, 2014, 04:21:27 PM »
Top Spanish teams are so good,  but overall EPL is the highest quality soccer on Earth. Much more competitive

International games never tickled my fancy, league games are much more exciting

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #3825 on: October 25, 2014, 06:56:45 AM »

And tomorrow there's El Clasico Hibs-Hearts
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #3826 on: October 25, 2014, 07:16:44 AM »
Big Sam is a true patriot.

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3827 on: November 01, 2014, 09:44:41 AM »
hazard just blew it for qpr, tackles a guy in the box then complains to the refs  ::) ::)

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #3828 on: November 07, 2014, 04:28:58 PM »
My hometown team, Warrington Town, who play in the 8th tier of English football got through to the FA Cup 1st round the other week for the first time in their 66 year history! They played Exeter City of League 2 today and ended up winning 1-0 to go through to the second round! Remarkable stuff. Would love us to get to the third round and play a premier league/championship team. Got to love the FA Cup.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29907064

This article is good on what they actually do for a living:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29839201
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 04:30:29 PM by thepman »
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3829 on: November 08, 2014, 05:06:53 PM »
Fuck ya dude! Good luck.

Tracer

« Reply #3830 on: November 08, 2014, 06:24:32 PM »
Shocking Chelsea still undefeated. So sick of this team I had high hopes for the boys this morning, but ofcourse, they lost

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #3831 on: November 09, 2014, 03:54:14 PM »
Shocking Chelsea still undefeated. So sick of this team I had high hopes for the boys this morning, but ofcourse, they lost

It's been a very intriguing start to the season all told. Who had Southampton, West Ham and Swansea in there top 5 by November? No one.
Pardew and Newcastle continue to surprise me, now on equal points with Man United. Everton, Liverpool and Tottenham, all supposedly supposed to be vying for top 4 place are 10th, 11th and 12th. I know it's only November, but the next 6 weeks is when you start to get a better feel of where teams will finish at the end of the season, things are going to get interesting!

And look at the bloody Bundesliga! Dortmund were bottom for a time yesterday. Madness!
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3832 on: November 10, 2014, 12:38:47 AM »
Dortmund are a really weird team right now. It's like they're the 2011-12 version of Dortmund in the champions league but transform into a gigantic turd against domestic opposition. Last year they seemed to kind of take their foot off the gas in the league to focus on Europe but they've taken it to a whole new level now.

Also, what the fuck is up with Man City. They look like they've forgotten how to play football at times.

Tracer

« Reply #3833 on: November 25, 2014, 11:38:13 AM »
It's back! huge game City vs Bayern 2:45

Ajax vs PSG might be a good watch too

Tracer

« Reply #3834 on: November 25, 2014, 06:31:42 PM »
Awesome game Aguero 3 goals for the win? Legends are being made

Ajax royally fucked themselves by giving PSG wide open breakaways, see you tomorrow  8)

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #3835 on: November 26, 2014, 12:01:23 PM »
As a Liverpool fan this has been one of the shitest seasons I can remember. Not enjoying the lack of vision from BR and the major lack of skills from a farely second rate side. Sadly my original fears that Balotelli would not work for his place or actually score any fucking goals has been proven right. We have no heart and backbone to the side. Need a new goalie, defenseman, midfield and two new attackers. I get that Sturridge is injured but you can't have a one an squad, tried that last year and we lost the league by having no defense. January we need maybe 7 players. Not good.

Tracer

« Reply #3836 on: November 26, 2014, 02:06:51 PM »
As a Liverpool fan this has been one of the shitest seasons I can remember. Not enjoying the lack of vision from BR and the major lack of skills from a farely second rate side. Sadly my original fears that Balotelli would not work for his place or actually score any fucking goals has been proven right. We have no heart and backbone to the side. Need a new goalie, defenseman, midfield and two new attackers. I get that Sturridge is injured but you can't have a one an squad, tried that last year and we lost the league by having no defense. January we need maybe 7 players. Not good.
That was fucking embarassing conceeding 3 minutes in and getting totally outplayed by a Bulgarian team... there are 90 thousand people in razgrad !

I still believe in liverpool, balotelli will come back and they will blend

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #3837 on: November 26, 2014, 08:04:47 PM »
You don't lose 3-1 to Crystal Palace and still have faith in a team.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3838 on: November 26, 2014, 08:47:53 PM »
Tracer your overly optimistic Liverpool predictions amuse me. The team of last year is not coming back dude. If you had followed soccer for more than six months you would know this.

Tracer

« Reply #3839 on: November 26, 2014, 09:38:31 PM »
Tracer your overly optimistic Liverpool predictions amuse me. The team of last year is not coming back dude. If you had followed soccer for more than six months you would know this.
Overly optimistic maybe, but I love this team and they have underperformed. Palace has some pieces, they played their asses off.

I fly the liverpool flag in my living room over the TV, watch almost everygame, and love/hate the correct players. Don't bash me for rooting for the best Northern England side in history.