Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 464620 times)

Mooley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #3840 on: November 27, 2014, 07:59:30 PM »
Amusing to think Brendan Rodgers had no idea how absolutely fucking foolish he'd look six months after criticizing Mourinho and claiming that "it's easy to coach to play defensively." When there's an only an all-or-nothing match against Basel to look forward to it's like time travelling back to the tail end of Rafa's tenure. They ought to have enough to move on, but it sure looks grim. I have no confidence at all left in them.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #3841 on: November 28, 2014, 03:03:39 PM »
Amusing to think Brendan Rodgers had no idea how absolutely fucking foolish he'd look six months after criticizing Mourinho and claiming that "it's easy to coach to play defensively." When there's an only an all-or-nothing match against Basel to look forward to it's like time travelling back to the tail end of Rafa's tenure. They ought to have enough to move on, but it sure looks grim. I have no confidence at all left in them.

I dont think they have any confidence left either. Problem being, if BR was to leave/sacked who would replace him? Already showed with Suarez, its difficult to replace key pieces.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #3842 on: November 28, 2014, 04:08:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Tracer your overly optimistic Liverpool predictions amuse me. The team of last year is not coming back dude. If you had followed soccer for more than six months you would know this.
[close]
Overly optimistic maybe, but I love this team and they have underperformed. Palace has some pieces, they played their asses off.

I fly the liverpool flag in my living room over the TV, watch almost everygame, and love/hate the correct players. Don't bash me for rooting for the best Northern England side in history.

That would be Manchester United, sorry mate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_England_by_major_honours_won
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #3843 on: November 29, 2014, 03:14:23 PM »

Yep, totally.  Massive case of hubris/schadenfreude with Rogers taking the piss out of Spurs spending ?120 million in summer 2013 and not challenge for the title, only for himself to do the same this year.  Obviously Ballotelli is never going to be the same off the ball runner like Suarez is, which unfortunately is what helped Liverpool do so well last season, but equally, he's been played alone a few too many times when he seems to play way better with a strike partner.  Still can't work out why Lanalla and Lambert haven't played together at Liverpool since moving from Southampton where they smashed it for a couple of years, or what's going on with Lovren who's having a shocker of a season so far.

Last season they were so amazing to watch, even in the first 10 (?) games without Suarez where Sturridge really surprised everyone.  It looked like all the players were genuinely keen to get forward, get the ball to Suarez and let him do the rest.  Certainly it was a team that was way bigger and better than the sum of its parts, a bit like Dortmund in recent years, but its like they're all scared and clueless now Suarez is no longer there.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #3844 on: December 01, 2014, 01:50:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Tracer your overly optimistic Liverpool predictions amuse me. The team of last year is not coming back dude. If you had followed soccer for more than six months you would know this.
[close]
Overly optimistic maybe, but I love this team and they have underperformed. Palace has some pieces, they played their asses off.

I fly the liverpool flag in my living room over the TV, watch almost everygame, and love/hate the correct players. Don't bash me for rooting for the best Northern England side in history.
[close]
That would be Manchester United, sorry mate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_England_by_major_honours_won
Just when i thought Tracer couldn't get any worse I find out he cheers for the scouse/bin dippers. Exciting time of year in the EPL, with so many games this month its gonna get intense. Pray United gain serious ground, but it feels like Chelsea is taking it this year.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:44:57 AM by DannyDee »

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #3845 on: December 01, 2014, 12:58:27 PM »
So how bout Borussia Dortmund's league form eh guys?

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #3846 on: December 01, 2014, 01:13:25 PM »

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
« Reply #3847 on: December 02, 2014, 09:49:01 AM »
That was while things were still going ok. Now he's just lost and confused. But I still love Klopp.

Also

Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3848 on: December 02, 2014, 03:40:11 PM »
Sterling is fukkin useless out there, all he does is bring the ball into the box and fall down.. how about burying one under the bar instead of trying to cheat your way to a PK ?

Atleast they won, 3-1 to the worst team in EPL

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3849 on: December 02, 2014, 11:45:39 PM »
As this is the thread for football/soccer fans does some of the jerseys people wear in parts drive you insane? Just thought of this cuz Pudwill wears a Barca jersey with his own name on the back in True (any adult wearing a jersey of any type with their own name is cringe worthy) and in his amazing part earlier this year, Youness Amari wore a United and Man Shitty jersey. Pretty sure Koston wore a jersey with his own name. Normally a persons fashion sense doesn't bother me in a part, but i find these instances insane. 

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3850 on: December 03, 2014, 05:20:48 AM »
As this is the thread for football/soccer fans does some of the jerseys people wear in parts drive you insane? Just thought of this cuz Pudwill wears a Barca jersey with his own name on the back in True (any adult wearing a jersey of any type with their own name is cringe worthy) and in his amazing part earlier this year, Youness Amari wore a United and Man Shitty jersey. Pretty sure Koston wore a jersey with his own name. Normally a persons fashion sense doesn't bother me in a part, but i find these instances insane. 
Football shirts are awesome to skate in. Super comfy and breathable but having your own name on the back is not good.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3851 on: December 03, 2014, 07:20:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Football shirts are awesome to skate in. Super comfy and breathable but having your own name on the back is not good.
The quick drying ones with mesh sides on a hot day... too good, no name...

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #3852 on: December 03, 2014, 07:38:24 AM »
I can't hate on Brian Anderson for rocking the Arsenal shirt

Same with Gino wearing an Inter one

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3853 on: December 03, 2014, 02:46:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You know nothing. Polyester is the worst material to skate in, you smell like shit after 30 minutes

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3854 on: December 03, 2014, 03:37:15 PM »
I can't hate on Brian Anderson for rocking the Arsenal shirt

Same with Gino wearing an Inter one
Not hating on rocking soccer jerseys or wearing them while skating, just wearing direct rivals in the same part or wearing one with ur own name.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3855 on: December 03, 2014, 04:11:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
You know nothing. Polyester is the worst material to skate in, you smell like shit after 30 minutes
Oh shit, sorry man. I thought cos over the past 20 years that I've skated and many times rocked a footy shirt I might know something but you must be correct. Or maybe you can draw on your 6months of watching football and scrounge some cash together to not buy a cheap shit knock off top. Then you might have an idea. Or not, probably.

Tracer

« Reply #3856 on: December 03, 2014, 04:57:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Oh shit, sorry man. I thought cos over the past 20 years that I've skated and many times rocked a footy shirt I might know something but you must be correct. Or maybe you can draw on your 6months of watching football and scrounge some cash together to not buy a cheap shit knock off top. Then you might have an idea. Or not, probably.
Polyester doesn't breathe, cotton does. What do you think happens to the sweat/ stench mr expert?

Thought it was common sense  :-* smh

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
« Reply #3857 on: December 03, 2014, 07:45:46 PM »

An exquisite dive...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:05:42 PM by Alan »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #3858 on: December 03, 2014, 07:50:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Polyester doesn't breathe, cotton does. What do you think happens to the sweat/ stench mr expert?

Showers are a thing that exist in real life.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #3859 on: December 03, 2014, 07:51:24 PM »
Expand Quote
As a Liverpool fan this has been one of the shitest seasons I can remember. Not enjoying the lack of vision from BR and the major lack of skills from a farely second rate side. Sadly my original fears that Balotelli would not work for his place or actually score any fucking goals has been proven right. We have no heart and backbone to the side. Need a new goalie, defenseman, midfield and two new attackers. I get that Sturridge is injured but you can't have a one an squad, tried that last year and we lost the league by having no defense. January we need maybe 7 players. Not good.
[close]
That was fucking embarassing conceeding 3 minutes in and getting totally outplayed by a Bulgarian team... there are 90 thousand people in razgrad !

I still believe in liverpool, balotelli will come back and they will blend

ludo should've won too. The first goal liverpool scored was pretty silly looking.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3860 on: December 03, 2014, 08:10:40 PM »

An exquisite dive...
like a fish on the dock  ::)

Tracer

« Reply #3861 on: December 03, 2014, 08:56:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Polyester doesn't breathe, leave it at that. Try skating in soccer shirts when its 30 degrees, if you werent a moron you'd know like 99% of earth's population

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3862 on: December 04, 2014, 03:57:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
Polyester doesn't breathe, leave it at that. Try skating in soccer shirts when its 30 degrees, if you werent a moron you'd know like 99% of earth's population
I skate naked, because I'm not dumber than an idiot like you t-racer. Who's breathing now?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #3863 on: December 04, 2014, 02:51:58 PM »
Let's get back on track here fellas.  Aguerrroooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

https://vine.co/v/Ov62O6igQEB/embed

I love Jozy's reaction to it too.  OMG!

Sorry I don't know how to embed vine.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3864 on: December 05, 2014, 05:39:00 AM »
That fucking dive...god damn what the fuck is wrong with people. 

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3865 on: December 06, 2014, 07:11:01 AM »
PARDEW OUT!!!

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3866 on: December 06, 2014, 07:14:51 AM »
I love watching Liverpool games!!!

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3867 on: December 06, 2014, 07:45:23 AM »
#Mourinhout. Going to buy a half united half city jersey on eBay tonight

Tracer

« Reply #3868 on: December 06, 2014, 01:30:38 PM »
I love watching Liverpool games!!!
big contracts= guys get lazy
i want my players yo come from the hood fighters never quit

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3869 on: December 14, 2014, 06:09:05 PM »
I'm not sure which was more enjoyable. Watching United beat Liverpool 3-0, or watching Balotelli get shut down by De Gea while doing it.