Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 464398 times)

Smell Good

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #3870 on: December 15, 2014, 08:22:25 AM »
You know, I can't bring myself to feel too happy about drawing Monaco in the round of 16. You don't write any team off at this stage especially when you support Arsenal like I do - this is a team that is very bipolar at times and you just don't know what kind of Arsenal you're going to get on any given match day. I am not writing Monaco off, cautiously optimistic though. Hopefully we get injuries returning by then, maybe that coveted central defender signing in January, could turn out to be a good thing.

Decreed Bratton

• Rep: 19
  • it's possible a man slipped in there.
« Reply #3871 on: December 15, 2014, 09:21:17 PM »
I kind of know what you mean because Arsenal are favorites now and if you lose to Monaco, well you'd get blasted.  On the other hand City's got Barca again.  I'm hoping Aguero can get fit by then, but shit we ain't got any strikers at the moment.  Everyone's fricking hurt.  May have to put Lamps up top seeing he's the only one scoring at the moment haha.

Any Liverpool fans think Rodgers should get the sack?  I'd be frustrated as hell with the guy if he was my manager.  To me he thinks too much about tactics and formations and keeps chopping and changing shit.  It's like when it isn't going his way with a certain player he'll leave him out of the side.  How are players suppose to get any kind of chemistry going?  Also is he really working in out in training, especially the defensive side of things?  I mean the team he put out against United offensively didn't do too badly aside from Sterling not being able to finish, but does he tell his players where to be positionally when to get counter attacked on?  I mean shit almost everyone didn't know where to be on that first goal. 

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #3872 on: December 15, 2014, 10:23:51 PM »
just popping in to say the Bills and Steelers are gonna win out, San Diego, Kansas City and Baltimore are all going to go 1-1 these next two weeks, thus allowing the Bills to move up to the 6th seed in the AFC and clinch a playoff birth for the great city of Buffalo for the first time since 1999!
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #3873 on: December 17, 2014, 02:01:10 AM »
It's a race to find fitness and form for Aguero for sure. Wasn't it the same last year too? Just came off an injury?
As far as buying a striker in January in my mind Bony would be perfect as he is available to play in CL.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #3874 on: December 17, 2014, 05:09:12 AM »
Bony just signed a new contract.

Decreed Bratton

« Reply #3875 on: December 17, 2014, 10:17:32 AM »
There a few problems with Bony.  He's off to the African Cup of Nations in January with Yaya and he is a foreign player.  Under the FFP restrictions for City they can only have 17 foreign players in the CL.  Bony would make it 18.  He could only play in PL matches.  This is one of the reasons they let Negredo go on loan as well.  Negredo lost his confidence in the last part of last season and was reportedly homesick.  When he broke his foot, City decided to let him go on loan to Valencia with the stipulation that Valencia then buy him next year for 20 mil.

City may have to play without a striker for a few games until one of the injury prone strikers come back.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #3876 on: December 17, 2014, 02:52:54 PM »
The English player thing is why I keep thinking that Ross Barkley will end up at city one day. I think that may have been the sole reason for them buying Jack Rodwell a couple seasons back, though maybe I'm just being cynical. Anyway, it would be nearly impossible for City to find a striker who is both English and good enough for their needs right now, so I think it's Aguero or bust in the champion's league this year.

From a neutral's perspective, it's really a shame that Aguero keeps getting these ligament injuries. I honestly believe he would have been on the ballon d'or shortlist these past three years or so if he hadn't had so many health problems. Same thing with David Silva and his ankles. Can you imagine how good City might have been if those two could actually stay on the pitch together for more than a few weeks at a time?

Decreed Bratton

« Reply #3877 on: December 17, 2014, 03:29:22 PM »
Although I wouldn't mind seeing Barkley at City I don't know if it's the right decision just because he's English. Martinez was quoted that he'd cost 60m.  That's ridiculous.  I don't know if buying a player based on his potential is best, because if he doesn't pan out you get the critics who already slated the decision to buy Rodwell and will say English players won't thrive at City.  I think there might be better ways of filling the homegrown quota.  You could even get a guy like Fabian Delph who could be on a free transfer and use him as a utility guy much like James Milner.  60mil could buy you a guy like Pogba or Koke who I'd say at this stage are better players then Barkley.  Barkley's injury record is a concern as well and City's already have many of them.  Rodwell was injury prone at City as well. 

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3878 on: January 01, 2015, 08:19:58 AM »
Wenger? Ya he mad  >:(

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3879 on: January 05, 2015, 05:49:52 AM »

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #3880 on: January 06, 2015, 07:03:44 AM »

Better than Motson any day. Stevie G playing for Man City next season?  :'(

Steezy Jeffrey

• Rep: -40
« Reply #3881 on: January 06, 2015, 02:34:53 PM »
football crazy chocolate mad

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #3882 on: January 06, 2015, 05:20:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Nope. L.A. Galaxy.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #3883 on: January 07, 2015, 07:05:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Nope. L.A. Galaxy.
Yeah Brycickle, I know that he has "signed" for LA but Lampard "signed" to play in the States too. I was just half kidding.

MFLUDER

« Reply #3884 on: January 11, 2015, 04:45:09 AM »
Although I wouldn't mind seeing Barkley at City I don't know if it's the right decision just because he's English. Martinez was quoted that he'd cost 60m.  That's ridiculous.  I don't know if buying a player based on his potential is best, because if he doesn't pan out you get the critics who already slated the decision to buy Rodwell and will say English players won't thrive at City.  I think there might be better ways of filling the homegrown quota.  You could even get a guy like Fabian Delph who could be on a free transfer and use him as a utility guy much like James Milner.  60mil could buy you a guy like Pogba or Koke who I'd say at this stage are better players then Barkley.  Barkley's injury record is a concern as well and City's already have many of them.  Rodwell was injury prone at City as well. 

I think he could be a good investment. Old dog Toure will probably start playing less in the years to come and I see them as similar players. But you are right about Pogba, he is a total freak and any club would be lucky to have him. He is like what everyone wants Barkley to be but they are the same age. I like Everton which is hard at the moment and would like to see RB stay but after this run you could understand him thinking of moving. Watched Everton play city and couldn't help think how much they would of been watching him.

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3885 on: January 16, 2015, 04:06:37 PM »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3886 on: January 16, 2015, 07:01:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
with us

Lol. Well Swansea made a very healthy profit because of that new contract they gave him. Maybe Bony will score Sunday ;)

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3887 on: January 17, 2015, 06:18:33 AM »
 :-*

Streebo

• Rep: -31
« Reply #3888 on: January 19, 2015, 12:18:59 AM »
All chads

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3889 on: January 19, 2015, 06:25:47 AM »

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #3890 on: January 19, 2015, 06:54:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
with us
[close]

Lol. Well Swansea made a very healthy profit because of that new contract they gave him. Maybe Bony will score Sunday ;)

He's at the African Cup of Nations. City missed Toure against Arsenal.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3891 on: January 19, 2015, 08:15:14 AM »
it was a joke hence the wink

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3892 on: January 19, 2015, 03:12:46 PM »
It hurts, goddamit it hurts.
Can't take anything away from arsenal though.

But it's far from over yet.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3893 on: January 20, 2015, 08:23:19 AM »
Can't take anything away from arsenal though.

Ya...except Sagna, Adebayor, Clichy, Nasri, Kolo Toure and Patrick Viera

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #3894 on: January 20, 2015, 12:58:51 PM »
ZING!!!

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #3895 on: January 20, 2015, 01:49:36 PM »
Fucking great game in the league cup today. Liverpool were very unlucky not to get the win with Chelsea creating so few chances. If they can keep improving the battle for 4th place in the league this year is gonna be intense.

That Arsenal v. City game was just as interesting, although for different reasons. Shocking to see Arsene Wenger actually paying attention to the opponent's strengths when setting out tactics but I guess he was tired of getting destroyed in every big away game.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3896 on: January 24, 2015, 08:55:22 AM »
so hyped on middlesborough win!!!  :D

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #3897 on: January 24, 2015, 09:17:36 AM »
I'm definitely not underestimating Brighton tomorrow.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #3898 on: January 24, 2015, 11:02:25 AM »
Unbelievable FA Cup results, goes to show that it's still the best cup competition in the world.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3899 on: January 31, 2015, 06:56:19 AM »
Watching foreign commercials on pirated streams teaches me: England are a bunch gambling addicts and wanna be cockney gentlemen thugs

USA, pretty much just insurance, Bass Proshop, shit films and class action lawsuits, oh and glorifying mass produced trash of all kinds

« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 07:03:45 AM by perverted super otaku! »