Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 464344 times)

WPG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #4650 on: October 28, 2022, 08:43:40 AM »
Glad to see Barcelonas downfall, couldn't happen to a better group of fans celebrating the financial levers and hijacking transfers. Lewa can suck an egg as well force your way out of Bayern and can't score over 2 legs.

Great video (terrible topic) very insightful on Qatar and how its slave labor works
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #4651 on: October 28, 2022, 11:03:46 AM »
Glad to see Barcelonas downfall, couldn't happen to a better group of fans celebrating the financial levers and hijacking transfers. Lewa can suck an egg as well force your way out of Bayern and can't score over 2 legs.

Great video (terrible topic) very insightful on Qatar and how its slave labor works

Will watch the video later. Remember Barcelona turning on the sprinklers when inter won back in 2010?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4652 on: October 28, 2022, 08:07:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Will watch the video later. Remember Barcelona turning on the sprinklers when inter won back in 2010?

How did Barcelona turn on the sprinklers at the Bernabeu?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #4653 on: October 28, 2022, 08:11:02 PM »
Oh, you mean when Inter knocked them out in the Semis. My mind just went straight to the final, since I was in Madrid for that one.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4654 on: October 29, 2022, 12:42:36 AM »
Oh, you mean when Inter knocked them out in the Semis. My mind just went straight to the final, since I was in Madrid for that one.
Yep semi's . Sore losers. Had the opposite effect they just celebrated like crazy instead.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
« Reply #4655 on: November 03, 2022, 05:31:46 PM »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4656 on: November 04, 2022, 12:56:49 AM »
https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/1588308816781021184

lol FIFA is beyond pathetic.

LOL, I'm gonna watch rugby.

Edit: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/03/let-football-take-the-stage-at-qatar-world-cup-says-fifa-president

"Players of both England and Wales have agreed to wear rainbow armbands during matches in support of LGBTQ+ rights. This week, however, the Welsh FA said it was still waiting for the game’s governing body to tell them whether the armbands might actually be banned." what a fucking joke. Fuck FIFA.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #4657 on: November 04, 2022, 12:58:58 AM »
https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/1588308816781021184

lol FIFA is beyond pathetic.

Did you hear Qatar is flying fans out and paying them to post positive reviews of goings on

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #4658 on: November 04, 2022, 01:34:06 AM »
Expand Quote

LOL, I'm gonna watch rugby.

Edit: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/03/let-football-take-the-stage-at-qatar-world-cup-says-fifa-president

"Players of both England and Wales have agreed to wear rainbow armbands during matches in support of LGBTQ+ rights. This week, however, the Welsh FA said it was still waiting for the game’s governing body to tell them whether the armbands might actually be banned." what a fucking joke. Fuck FIFA.
Rugby league World cups already been going off. highlights on YouTube

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #4659 on: November 04, 2022, 02:37:25 AM »
National teams are a stupid invention and they have always been an extension of international politics despite the criminal organization called Fifa always claiming the opposite. In my experience it is always the dumbest assholes who all of the sudden become drunk with football feaver and patriotism during the world cup. It is mostly people, who don't care about football outside of the Euro Cup or the World Cup, anyway.

Let's celebrate club football instead. I lost my voice during the Eintracht - Lissabon match on Tuesday. I have been a fan of the club for 30 years and the past 5 years have been the best in the 100+ years of the club's existence. Kolo Muani and Lindström are going to be huge international stars.

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #4660 on: November 04, 2022, 02:40:08 AM »
Fifa with the ethical relativist flex. Brazen, but at least consistent.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4661 on: November 04, 2022, 04:16:09 AM »
@Mean salto I never really got in to League, I went to one match when I lived in Auckland but non of my mates were into it. Same with back in Dublin and here in France, my mates that like rugby are just into Union. I'm not a massive fan of Union especially the crowd that follows Leinster but I had a few punk mates that liked it so we would go all the time. Heal up quick dude btw.

@S. I have been keeping an eye on Eintracht over the last few years as my mate is a huge supporter. Who you fancy for the next round? Benfica, Chelsea, Man City, Napoli, Porto, Real Madrid...Pretty tough pick but I would want Porto..

excitableboy

« Reply #4662 on: November 04, 2022, 06:04:37 AM »
Legends collide:

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #4663 on: November 04, 2022, 06:10:42 AM »
Legends collide:

That's cool but I'm really hoping the ankle zippers undone trackies don't come back into fashion

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4664 on: November 04, 2022, 07:05:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Legends collide:

[close]
That's cool but I'm really hoping the ankle zippers undone trackies don't come back into fashion

What is the backstory of this, like is this an adidas ad? So random but cool.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #4665 on: November 04, 2022, 09:20:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Legends collide:

[close]
[close]

What is the backstory of this, like is this an adidas ad? So random but cool.

Palace x Adidas collab

@Atiba Applebum these people have so much money to burn, no wonder FIFA is afraid of any criticism.

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 212
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
« Reply #4666 on: November 04, 2022, 09:23:03 AM »
Zidane and puig in the same commercial. Life is fucking beautiful. I love lucas puig so much even more. I am happy for him to see him shine in the spotlight and get the recognition he always deserved. This is so sick. Zidane is a goat

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #4667 on: November 04, 2022, 09:24:03 AM »
Just saw the commercial on insta, super sick.

MLS final tomorrow, should be a fun watch. Gotta say I’m rooting for LA - but I wouldn't be upset or anything if Philly wins.

excitableboy

« Reply #4668 on: November 04, 2022, 10:32:39 AM »

@Atiba Applebum these people have so much money to burn, no wonder FIFA is afraid of any criticism.

Exactly. In fact, could see Infantino on Illegal Civ. 'Fifa taking Qatari bribes is not corruption, you know, it's just a different culture. Judging it doesn't feel good. It feels like colonialism in 2022.' 

S.

• SLAP Pal
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #4669 on: November 04, 2022, 02:39:32 PM »
@Mean salto I never really got in to League, I went to one match when I lived in Auckland but non of my mates were into it. Same with back in Dublin and here in France, my mates that like rugby are just into Union. I'm not a massive fan of Union especially the crowd that follows Leinster but I had a few punk mates that liked it so we would go all the time. Heal up quick dude btw.

@S. I have been keeping an eye on Eintracht over the last few years as my mate is a huge supporter. Who you fancy for the next round? Benfica, Chelsea, Man City, Napoli, Porto, Real Madrid...Pretty tough pick but I would want Porto..

Yeah, Porto or Benfica would probably be the “easiest“ opponents, but a match against a club like Man City or Real would be great as well, because when will you ever get a chance to play them again in a competition?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #4670 on: November 05, 2022, 04:26:44 PM »
Just saw the commercial on insta, super sick.

MLS final tomorrow, should be a fun watch. Gotta say I’m rooting for LA - but I wouldn't be upset or anything if Philly wins.

BLACK AND GOLD BABY!!!!!!
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #4671 on: November 05, 2022, 07:20:54 PM »
Canada's WC squad potentially lost our best player (Davies), our backup keeper (Crepeau) and a CB (Kennedy) this weekend...just getting worse by the day (Osorio still dealing with concussion issues from MLS play). We need everyone else to be wrapped in bubble wrap until the 1st game.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4672 on: November 07, 2022, 04:13:32 AM »
Champions league draw:

PSG Munich and Liverpool Real Madrid are pretty sweet draws, @S. Napoli is gonna be hard. 

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4673 on: November 07, 2022, 08:01:23 AM »
Champions league draw:

PSG Munich and Liverpool Real Madrid are pretty sweet draws, @S. Napoli is gonna be hard.

I’m not thrilled with facing Madrid.   Not exactly a favorable record against them lately hah. 

Also, apparently FSG is starting to entertain offers to sell the club.   Just want someone who can afford to pay Bellingham money that doesn’t have human rights abuses on their CV.  Small ask I know

S.

• SLAP Pal
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #4674 on: November 07, 2022, 08:14:07 AM »
Champions league draw:

That‘s true. The other German clubs have also gotten really difficult draws.

Red Bull Leipzig - Manchester City
Borussia Dortmund - FC Chelsea
Paris Saint-Germain - FC Bayern

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #4675 on: November 07, 2022, 08:29:12 AM »
This is Benfica's year

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #4676 on: November 07, 2022, 08:35:13 AM »
man u getting barcelona in fucking europa league is typical

forza napoli

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #4677 on: November 07, 2022, 09:16:30 AM »
Canada's WC squad potentially lost our best player (Davies), our backup keeper (Crepeau) and a CB (Kennedy) this weekend...just getting worse by the day (Osorio still dealing with concussion issues from MLS play). We need everyone else to be wrapped in bubble wrap until the 1st game.

Man, so rough. At least we made it to the Cup for the first time in 35 years, but still.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4678 on: November 07, 2022, 11:00:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Man, so rough. At least we made it to the Cup for the first time in 35 years, but still.

And you’ll automatically qualify for next cup too

ohtight

• Rep: 21
« Reply #4679 on: November 07, 2022, 12:20:21 PM »

forza milan
zzz