Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 462586 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #4920 on: May 20, 2023, 10:58:20 PM »
This discussion of which teams will go down made me think "what if you could relegate players?" So who's the 3 PL players you'd relegate and a short reason of why? And so that its not just people piling on a certain team you can't take more than 1 per team (its very late here so hopefully that made sense)

Bruno F / ManUtd - histronics
K.Zouma / WestHam - cat kicker
Richarlison / Spurs - attitude of a world beater who does not much

Normally I'd say Mendy from ManCity but i have no idea if hes even on the squad/what the latest is with him.

Yes Mendy and that kid from Man U and anyone else on Rapist FC

Thank you for saying Richarlison.   I can’t even believe he features for Brazil as heavily as he does.   I can’t improve on your three.   

whale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #4921 on: May 21, 2023, 12:26:54 AM »
Expand Quote
This discussion of which teams will go down made me think "what if you could relegate players?" So who's the 3 PL players you'd relegate and a short reason of why? And so that its not just people piling on a certain team you can't take more than 1 per team (its very late here so hopefully that made sense)

Bruno F / ManUtd - histronics
K.Zouma / WestHam - cat kicker
Richarlison / Spurs - attitude of a world beater who does not much

Normally I'd say Mendy from ManCity but i have no idea if hes even on the squad/what the latest is with him.
[close]

Yes Mendy and that kid from Man U and anyone else on Rapist FC

Thank you for saying Richarlison.   I can’t even believe he features for Brazil as heavily as he does.   I can’t improve on your three.

Adding Partey

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #4922 on: May 21, 2023, 03:55:00 AM »
Pickford - problematic face

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #4923 on: May 24, 2023, 08:44:51 PM »
Brighton who Potter left mid season for the Chelsea job - just tied ManCity to earn Europa League for next year...that is all.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4924 on: May 24, 2023, 11:20:21 PM »
Brighton who Potter left mid season for the Chelsea job - just tied ManCity to earn Europa League for next year...that is all.

Don’t forget Chelsea snagged a few players too.   MacAllister is on the way out but they got a replacement from Dortmund.   Hopefully they can keep their squad together and add to it.   They play well together

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4925 on: May 25, 2023, 12:18:38 AM »

Proper game that, which Brighton probably deserved to win…

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #4926 on: May 25, 2023, 01:38:45 AM »
I started barracking for Liverpool as a teen as Rowley and The Beatles were from there. Where does that rank me on the scale of credibility?
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #4927 on: May 25, 2023, 01:40:52 AM »
Big up Napoli <3

Come on you Irons
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4928 on: May 25, 2023, 02:08:28 AM »
I started barracking for Liverpool as a teen as Rowley and The Beatles were from there. Where does that rank me on the scale of credibility?

When were you a teen?   But I’d say it’s credible.   Klopp years are only years of sustained success.   There have been little blips of goodness under Benitez (Istanbul), Rogers (near league win), and Houllier (wonky treble) if we’re going that far back, but I think during those eras there were bigger bandwagon magnets

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #4929 on: May 25, 2023, 04:09:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When were you a teen?   But I’d say it’s credible.   Klopp years are only years of sustained success.   There have been little blips of goodness under Benitez (Istanbul), Rogers (near league win), and Houllier (wonky treble) if we’re going that far back, but I think during those eras there were bigger bandwagon magnets

Mid 2000s. Think YNWA in Really Sorry. Bought a Liverpool scarf when I went there in 2008 but only started watching games regularly in the last few years. Good time to jump on board
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4930 on: May 25, 2023, 08:45:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Mid 2000s. Think YNWA in Really Sorry. Bought a Liverpool scarf when I went there in 2008 but only started watching games regularly in the last few years. Good time to jump on board

I dig it.  I rarely find Liverpool supporters in the wild

Roy Machine

• Rep: -6
« Reply #4931 on: May 25, 2023, 02:10:37 PM »
I there any Premier League team that is still 100% in the hands of their fans? If so, that is the team I will start rooting for when it comes to english football

edit: oh well after a quick google search i couldn't find any. Sorry guys but your league is fucked.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4932 on: May 25, 2023, 02:19:37 PM »
I there any Premier League team that is still 100% in the hands of their fans? If so, that is the team I will start rooting for when it comes to english football

edit: oh well after a quick google search i couldn't find any. Sorry guys but your league is fucked.

It seems fucked to you or me (and let's not fool ourselves, much of European football is fucked almost beyond repair), but obviously a lot of people dgaf as long as their team is winning.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4933 on: May 25, 2023, 02:56:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It seems fucked to you or me (and let's not fool ourselves, much of European football is fucked almost beyond repair), but obviously a lot of people dgaf as long as their team is winning.

I’d root for Luton if i was a casual - they’re on the cusp of completing what Wrexham wants to do

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4934 on: May 28, 2023, 02:16:44 AM »
Luton has made it from the lowest league to the Premier League!    If you haven’t seen their grounds, it’s worth a google.   Appparently they will have to spend a shit ton of money to get it to PL broadcast standards.   

A little bummed it came at Coventry’s expense since I like the Specials and think Coventry has one of my favorite badges. 

Also, so gutted for Dortmund, especially Reus.   How does Bayern take any pride in winning the league any more?   Can anyone explain why financially they have a stranglehold on the league.  Is it a TV rights deal like in La Liga?

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4935 on: May 28, 2023, 03:38:36 AM »
As a kid when i played little league, the local club used to assing nicknames from english football to every team.
My team was Luton.

A proud day.

Buddy of mine gave me shit once because he played for ”Stoke”.
Look who’s laughing now.

whale

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4936 on: May 29, 2023, 01:55:10 AM »
Yo, congrats to MCFC Barcelona for the FPL win!

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #4937 on: May 29, 2023, 03:37:20 AM »
Lol at Hamburg.
Luton will be amazing to see. I hope they get to play at home. Given the money from the tv and wining at Wimbledon the should be able to sort the ground out.
Gutted Leeds went down but not surprised. Hopefully they keep big Sam.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4938 on: May 30, 2023, 04:34:22 AM »
Sorry to double post, but I just remembered to check the fantasy league, congrats MCFC Barcelona! When the 2023/4 season is about to start I'll post a link here in case anyone else wants to join us.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #4939 on: May 31, 2023, 10:11:22 AM »

dude I don't think you realize how big this sport is....it's just SO MUCH MONEY.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the big european clubs dwarf any NBA or NFL franchise in terms of budget or viewership...

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4940 on: May 31, 2023, 11:46:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

dude I don't think you realize how big this sport is....it's just SO MUCH MONEY.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the big european clubs dwarf any NBA or NFL franchise in terms of budget or viewership...

The only sports team in the US that says it’s fan owned is mightily stretching the truth

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #4941 on: June 06, 2023, 08:45:31 PM »
If West Ham win tomorrow I want Mark Noble to don full kit (including shin guards) and run on for the trophy celebration like a much classier John Terry.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #4942 on: June 06, 2023, 11:08:06 PM »
If West Ham win tomorrow I want Mark Noble to don full kit (including shin guards) and run on for the trophy celebration like a much classier John Terry.

Mad ting haha

I’m so nervous. Fortune’s always hiding.
Haven’t felt like this since Hibs played Rangers in the 2016 Scottish cup final.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4943 on: June 07, 2023, 12:21:13 AM »
Still wish he would have just played for Ireland but I respect his loyalty to West Ham especially now days were its increasingly rare.
Would be good to see Moyes win something.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4944 on: June 07, 2023, 01:41:47 AM »
Still wish he would have just played for Ireland but I respect his loyalty to West Ham especially now days were its increasingly rare.
Would be good to see Moyes win something.

Moyes may have managed Everton and Utd, but I kinda feel the same way.   Doesn’t seem like a bad guy and feel for him the way things panned out after he left Everton.   

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #4945 on: June 07, 2023, 09:00:44 AM »
COYI Dagenham Motors top on.

Also Messi to Miami pretty crazy, is he actually waiting til next season to start tho or have I misunderstood seems like a lot of time off but I guess he will want a break after this season at PSG
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4946 on: June 07, 2023, 11:16:21 AM »

Also Messi to Miami pretty crazy, is he actually waiting til next season to start tho or have I misunderstood seems like a lot of time off but I guess he will want a break after this season at PSG

Yeah that season split is so weird.   I feel like that’s how Beckham trained with Arsenal and then ended up at AC Milan and PSG.   Needed something to do.

Even though he takes plenty of Saudi money already, glad he’s not following this weird recent trend.   

Also, MacAllister to Liverpool for 35M is wild.   It’s wild to think that’s a steal when I remember not too long ago that was a club record for Andy Carroll

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #4947 on: June 07, 2023, 12:47:17 PM »
Fiorentina captain getting bloodied by a thrown cup while taking a corner is a very bad look on the heels of the Roma nonsense last week

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #4948 on: June 07, 2023, 02:08:04 PM »
West Ham are massive everywhere we go!

Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #4949 on: June 07, 2023, 07:21:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah that season split is so weird.   I feel like that’s how Beckham trained with Arsenal and then ended up at AC Milan and PSG.   Needed something to do.

Even though he takes plenty of Saudi money already, glad he’s not following this weird recent trend.   

Also, MacAllister to Liverpool for 35M is wild.   It’s wild to think that’s a steal when I remember not too long ago that was a club record for Andy Carroll

I’m an LAFC fan but, Inter Miami always caught my attention. About to look into getting his name on my jersey.

Y’all think Ronaldo might come to the MLS too?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.