Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 464815 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #5070 on: August 06, 2023, 09:57:42 PM »
Japan looked really good in the Japan vs Norway match. I haven't watched heaps of matches in the tournament yet but they're the first team I've seen that were very competent in their passing and the plays they were making
Japan's only had one goal scored against them and I think scored fourteen. I think prob best looking team so far and my pick to win. (Altho have to go for Aus just cos)

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #5071 on: August 08, 2023, 01:05:09 AM »
I've missed so much of the woman's world cup. At the airport at the moment and can't find a bar with a telly.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5072 on: August 08, 2023, 03:04:21 PM »
Any fellow Wolves fans on here? Absolute shit show for us, paying the manager off to leave 3 days before the start of the season. And most likely getting O’neil to replace him  :'(

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #5073 on: August 08, 2023, 03:24:22 PM »
How has Chelsea signed an entire teams worth of players this window?   I thought all their selling to Saudi was to offset the winter window (and because the owner takes KsA money in his investment co).   

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #5074 on: August 08, 2023, 08:20:56 PM »
Any fellow Wolves fans on here? Absolute shit show for us, paying the manager off to leave 3 days before the start of the season. And most likely getting O’neil to replace him  :'(

Not a Wolves fan...but saw that on the skysports feed and thought I must be reading it wrong. The season starts this weekend, what the hell is going on? Was their pre-season an absolute shitshow and they saw no other option (honest question)?
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5075 on: August 08, 2023, 09:54:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not a Wolves fan...but saw that on the skysports feed and thought I must be reading it wrong. The season starts this weekend, what the hell is going on? Was their pre-season an absolute shitshow and they saw no other option (honest question)?

No they just sold 6 players (even one to a lower league side) and didn’t bring any in. 

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #5076 on: August 08, 2023, 11:52:17 PM »
How has Chelsea signed an entire teams worth of players this window?   I thought all their selling to Saudi was to offset the winter window (and because the owner takes KsA money in his investment co).

Crazy that they didn't learn their lesson after last season (don't buy a whole squad worth in 1-2 transfer windows).

It's crazy seeing all the players that have left Chelsea in this transfer window too. Like another full squad worth.

I feel sorry for Wolves that sounds like a terrible start to the year and a path towards relegation. How did they get decent Saudi cash for Ruben Neves and then not make signings?
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5077 on: August 09, 2023, 12:36:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Crazy that they didn't learn their lesson after last season (don't buy a whole squad worth in 1-2 transfer windows).

It's crazy seeing all the players that have left Chelsea in this transfer window too. Like another full squad worth.

I feel sorry for Wolves that sounds like a terrible start to the year and a path towards relegation. How did they get decent Saudi cash for Ruben Neves and then not make signings?

I don’t know.  I don’t even know how Liverpool isn’t driving Klopp crazy by not signing people.   Quibbling over $5M for Lavia is pathetic especially after getting like 13-15 for Henderson

Chelsea are still planning on signing Caicedo, Adams, and now Vlahovic bc Nkunku is injured for a few months.    Still think Boehly was silly for not just buying Brighton since he seems obsessed with that squad.   

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5078 on: August 09, 2023, 11:27:33 AM »
Pretty fucken over seeing rapinoes penalty miss with shit like "biggest choke in sporting history" everywhere. Don't give a shit about her or the USA women's soccer team (not about the politics or whatever just if it was any sports movie they'd be the posho bad guys) but a)it's pretty clear why people want her to fail and b) it wasn't even anywhere near the biggest choke. It was a bad penalty kick but USA had a bunch in a row all equally bad. Plus all the chokes in the rest of sporting hostory

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5079 on: August 09, 2023, 11:58:26 AM »
Pretty fucken over seeing rapinoes penalty miss with shit like "biggest choke in sporting history" everywhere. Don't give a shit about her or the USA women's soccer team (not about the politics or whatever just if it was any sports movie they'd be the posho bad guys) but a)it's pretty clear why people want her to fail and b) it wasn't even anywhere near the biggest choke. It was a bad penalty kick but USA had a bunch in a row all equally bad. Plus all the chokes in the rest of sporting hostory

Plus Rapinoe has always come across as the least cocky on that squad.   

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #5080 on: August 09, 2023, 02:36:08 PM »
And every good player will miss an important penalty at some point. I've seen Mo, Rashford, Mbappe etc all miss critical shots over the years

Spoiler edit: just watched the Community Cup replay. Add KDB and Rodri to that list. Love to see Man City lose
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 04:25:47 PM by Owen »
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5081 on: August 09, 2023, 11:04:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Plus Rapinoe has always come across as the least cocky on that squad.
Fuck "hostory" lol. We only got to see one USA game but she def got the star treatment (not that Sam kerr didn't also for Aus). So maybe her just coming on for the very end of the game and doing basically nothing contributes a bit to people hating. Altho I'm still sure 99.99% of people didn't even watch it at all.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #5082 on: August 10, 2023, 06:55:15 PM »
well... looks like Kane leaving us is now happening. it was a fun run but after the FC Barcelona game, lookin forward to seein more Skipp and Richarlson.

would be cool if we got Gift Orban

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5083 on: August 10, 2023, 06:56:41 PM »
I do not understand Liverpool.  Penny pinching about Lavia, then Chelsea steps in and tries to outbid us, so we turn around fuck them hard and steal Caicedo.   I mean, happy to reunite Mac Allister and Caicedo, it’s just baffling business

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5084 on: August 10, 2023, 06:57:16 PM »
well... looks like Kane leaving us is now happening. it was a fun run but after the FC Barcelona game, lookin forward to seein more Skipp and Richarlson.

No one ever should want to see more Richarlison

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5085 on: August 11, 2023, 04:14:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Japan looked really good in the Japan vs Norway match. I haven't watched heaps of matches in the tournament yet but they're the first team I've seen that were very competent in their passing and the plays they were making
[close]
Japan's only had one goal scored against them and I think scored fourteen. I think prob best looking team so far and my pick to win. (Altho have to go for Aus just cos)
FUCK I fukn jinxed them. Don't know what their strategy was but Japan didn't look at all like themselves. Went 2-0 down and didn't even have an attempt at goal for over an hour and second attempt I think was in the 80 min range. Disappointing.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5086 on: August 11, 2023, 04:28:36 AM »
I do not understand Liverpool.  Penny pinching about Lavia, then Chelsea steps in and tries to outbid us, so we turn around fuck them hard and steal Caicedo.   I mean, happy to reunite Mac Allister and Caicedo, it’s just baffling business

Strike that.   Fuck Caicedo.  What about Chelsea this season makes them an endearing option?

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #5087 on: August 11, 2023, 06:20:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No one ever should want to see more Richarlison

unfortunately we don't have a choice mate

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #5088 on: August 11, 2023, 06:35:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Strike that.   Fuck Caicedo.  What about Chelsea this season makes them an endearing option?

Caicedo snubbing out Liverpool is equally funny and confusing to me.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5089 on: August 11, 2023, 06:40:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Supposedly it’s because he already agreed to terms with Chelsea back in May and he wants to honor that…which I guess is respectable…or they’re just offering a load more salary.   

Not sure I would turn down a proven team and manager alongside a midfield you are familiar with and sorta Europe for the mystery of whatever Chelsea is going to be, but that’s me

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5090 on: August 11, 2023, 08:32:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Supposedly it’s because he already agreed to terms with Chelsea back in May and he wants to honor that…which I guess is respectable…or they’re just offering a load more salary.   

Not sure I would turn down a proven team and manager alongside a midfield you are familiar with and sorta Europe for the mystery of whatever Chelsea is going to be, but that’s me

And now Tyler Adams is suffering because of Caicedo.   What a shit show

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5091 on: August 11, 2023, 09:23:37 AM »
I hope Kane stays, he could be all time top scorer which is impressive considering Spurs...

Missed the World cup this morning, set an alarm for tomorrow thou wanna watch the French girls.

EPL starts in a few hours if anyone else wants to join the fantasy league here is the copy and pasta:
"
Hello,

For the 2023/24 Fantasy Premier League why don't you join my mini-league "Slap Pals"?

Joining the league couldn't be easier. Simply use the link below and you'll be added automatically after you've entered the game.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-join/ae97wj

League Code: ae97wj

Looking forward to playing against you this season!
"

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #5092 on: August 11, 2023, 09:50:04 AM »
i watched spain v netherlands women last night. on telemundo I guess, since the commentary was in spanish...I heard them saying "si, falta, si" when that first penalty was being reviewed, and I was like yeah si falta si, and then it was overturned and the yellow card retracted, and I couldn't tell if they agreed or not, so I was like is this shit rigged

the two goals during play were sick, I'm definitely gonna try and watch the quarterfinal game tonight

glad epl is back up and running--i love the colors of and the way the coaches dress. could definitely do EPL manager for Halloween

You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #5093 on: August 11, 2023, 12:45:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not having to reside in Liverpool.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5094 on: August 11, 2023, 12:57:40 PM »
Fucking Haaland dude is unbelievable

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5095 on: August 11, 2023, 12:58:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not having to reside in Liverpool.

It’s true, but you didn’t have to say it out loud

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #5096 on: August 11, 2023, 02:33:26 PM »
Fucking Haaland dude is unbelievable

he's one of those huge guys (he's huge, right?) that could skate or be a good boxer I think...like young Shaq or a modern linebacker. Haaland could definitely lock in to a kickflip back tail. With his hair down.
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5097 on: August 12, 2023, 09:15:18 AM »
France vs Aus very long pretty hard to watch game with possibly longest penalty shootout (10 each). Happy for the win but it can't be good for my blood pressure watching play like that lol.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5098 on: August 12, 2023, 09:17:31 AM »
France vs Aus very long pretty hard to watch game with possibly longest penalty shootout (10 each). Happy for the win but it can't be good for my blood pressure watching play like that lol.
Congrats, now hammer the Brits please. It's on at midday here so hopefully can watch it.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5099 on: August 12, 2023, 09:24:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Congrats, now hammer the Brits please. It's on at midday here so hopefully can watch it.
Fuck i hope it happens I was even thinking would I rather Aus lose this round so France can kill England lol.
 France was weirdly kinda cruising, the whole time I was thinking if you guys just get one goal we're dead. Aus is always fucking scrambling, even doing a bunch of unnecessary shit and France was just casually going end to end all game.